Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Uhm, game, are you confused? We can talk about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

double nine posted:

Don't blame Otto if he felt like a woman trapped in a man's body. :colbert:

KOraithER
May 13, 2007

Kids, go in the other room. Grown-up talk.

double nine posted:

Change Log posted:

MINOR:
- Resolved bug where character titles used the wrong gender localization after resigning the game.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I don't see anything in those patch notes about Muslim matri-marriages. Obviously it requires modding to enable it, but right now even if you do, the UI doesn't let you make a matri-marriage.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

SeaTard posted:

I don't see anything in those patch notes about Muslim matri-marriages. Obviously it requires modding to enable it, but right now even if you do, the UI doesn't let you make a matri-marriage.

Muslims never matri-married ever.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Is there a change to the stupid host mechanic in the cards? I just got slammed by the son of this duke I won a claim on several years ago, who somehow managed to raise an army the size of my entire de jour empire. Pretty neat having an automatic "you lose the game" event with no basis in reality that shows up constantly. Literally the only duchy I have managed to press a claim on so far. The kingdom the duchy was a part of has half my levy and just lost half of their counties to a sunni revolt, but evidently they have a courtier who has a force the size of the HRE on speed dial. I'm just save scumming now to delay the event because I'm tired of restarting when all my progress gets erased.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Volkerball posted:

Is there a change to the stupid host mechanic in the cards? I just got slammed by the son of this duke I won a claim on several years ago, who somehow managed to raise an army the size of my entire de jour empire. Pretty neat having an automatic "you lose the game" event with no basis in reality that shows up constantly. Literally the only duchy I have managed to press a claim on so far. The kingdom the duchy was a part of has half my levy and just lost half of their counties to a sunni revolt, but evidently they have a courtier who has a force the size of the HRE on speed dial. I'm just save scumming now to delay the event because I'm tired of restarting when all my progress gets erased.

I agree with this, the host mechanic is retarded and really just feels like a gently caress-you to the player from the developers.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Eric the Mauve posted:

I agree with this, the host mechanic is retarded and really just feels like a gently caress-you to the player from the developers.

It'd be different if you could take advantage of it. Like if he retook the duchy, or took all my poo poo, if I could somehow raise a massive force and invade him back, it wouldn't be so bad. But nope, you're hosed. Try again and expect different results.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I think they mentioned fixing a bug related to spawning units relative to realm size?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Bort Bortles posted:

Muslims never matri-married ever.

They specifically added the ability to mod it in a few patches back, but even modded the UI doesn't allow it. That's what I would like fixed.

DeadLetterOfficer
Mar 30, 2011

I said, I've got a big stick.
Well at least it looks like they did at least a little something to increase plot chance. If the spymaster plot success bonus is still the same as the assassination one still going to be super tough.

Also, still no Pretty Borders CB.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

DeadLetterOfficer posted:

Well at least it looks like they did at least a little something to increase plot chance. If the spymaster plot success bonus is still the same as the assassination one still going to be super tough.

Also, still no Pretty Borders CB.

Tie it in with the Scheme or Spy mission.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Oh sweet! They made Technology more customizable. That's great, because I'll finally be able to implement custom tech levels without making some of the custom cultures in Sonendar part of the Christian, Muslim, or Pagan groups.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Its sad that the most important part of the patch notes, to me, was that they're finally fixing the special unit graphics bug. I'm sorry but the western horse archer character is super dumb looking and its everywhere right now.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

SeaTard posted:

They specifically added the ability to mod it in a few patches back, but even modded the UI doesn't allow it. That's what I would like fixed.

Oh derp, I was unaware of this, sorry.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

paranoid randroid posted:

Its sad that the most important part of the patch notes, to me, was that they're finally fixing the special unit graphics bug. I'm sorry but the western horse archer character is super dumb looking and its everywhere right now.

Oh, I didn't even notice that, but that's fantastic. My cataphracts were looking so loving lame.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
I didn't see anything in there about being able to plot against your children now. This is important. How are we going to murder our children?

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Lareine posted:

I didn't see anything in there about being able to plot against your children now. This is important. How are we going to murder our children?

Games › Crusader Kings II: How are we going to murder our children?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I have to say I don't know what to think about Tribal vassals. Since it's tied to holdings and not a tech level I don't think I can mod it to be the default way every vassal works. But drat it, it should. You should always have to worry about getting your vassals levy, and they should be able to show up and backstab you.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

DrSunshine posted:

Oh sweet! They made Technology more customizable. That's great, because I'll finally be able to implement custom tech levels without making some of the custom cultures in Sonendar part of the Christian, Muslim, or Pagan groups.

Badass. After I read a few chapters from the Bible I'm gonna hop on this game some more.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

quote:

- The assasination chance increase effect of your spymaster have been replaced with a plot power increase against your plot target in the chosen province.

gently caress, maybe I'll start using them for something other than plot checking in my home province.

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug

Elias_Maluco posted:

I know its never gonna happen (maybe in CK3), but a "Deal" mechanic would do wonders for this game. A "civ-like" deal screen where you could bargain for stuff like: "Ill give you this barony if you come to my court" or "Ill press that claim of yours if you support my heir/faction" etc

All I can think about is all the stuff that goes on in GoT that is like this (Red Wedding, Robert's Rebellion) and considering a lot of the publicity around CK2 is 'stab poo poo like it's got', I imagine it would really go well with the game. And traits really play into this and make the offer consideration really important. You could have an Honest person distrust you if you offer them a shady offer to support a plot, a Zealous person hate you if you suggest plotting against a priest and so you would actually have to pay more attention to each character to decide if you want to try and involve them in something. And the Friends and Rivals mechanic could play majorly into it, considering how criminally underused it is now. Right now, I feel like I get to a point where I start to have pretty good Dip characters and I just have to look for opinion bonuses and spread some money around to keep factions under control. It would add a whole lot moreif I have to look at my vassals and go 'This guy sucks and we don't like each other but he wants Apulia bad and hates the King so maybe he'll support my bid for the throne if I promise him that, but on the other hand, he rejected the marriage proposal of the Duke of Sicily and so they are rivals and won't work together.'

csm141 fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Oct 9, 2014

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Consumerism rose up in Comancheria in my new After the End game.

The Corporate-Horde of the Summer Moon. :black101: This is both amazing and terrifying.

fake edit: the Prophet is a Comanche himself too, for bonus points.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Are there high res versions of the loading screen images anywhere? Is there a way I could extract the images myself from the game?

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
You will need an app to open .DDS like paint.net.

Steam\steamapps\common\crusader kings ii\gfx\loadingscreens

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Elias_Maluco posted:

Games › Crusader Kings II: How are we going to murder our children?

This is very important to me too.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
It's always interesting to see these patch notes and so many concerns twisted or quashed by the devs. They never really affect me, because I always suck at these things. I do wonder why they're so concerned. The AI never does shenanigans like players come up with, and sometimes it does rather well, without help even. Then they close the loophole anyway.

All I really want to do is spread a nice Republic where I like. Maybe the tribal thing will help.

Then again, I somehow need to transfer my Gamersgate stuff to Steam still.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Chief Savage Man posted:

All I can think about is all the stuff that goes on in GoT that is like this (Red Wedding, Robert's Rebellion) and considering a lot of the publicity around CK2 is 'stab poo poo like it's got', I imagine it would really go well with the game. And traits really play into this and make the offer consideration really important. You could have an Honest person distrust you if you offer them a shady offer to support a plot, a Zealous person hate you if you suggest plotting against a priest and so you would actually have to pay more attention to each character to decide if you want to try and involve them in something. And the Friends and Rivals mechanic could play majorly into it, considering how criminally underused it is now. Right now, I feel like I get to a point where I start to have pretty good Dip characters and I just have to look for opinion bonuses and spread some money around to keep factions under control. It would add a whole lot moreif I have to look at my vassals and go 'This guy sucks and we don't like each other but he wants Apulia bad and hates the King so maybe he'll support my bid for the throne if I promise him that, but on the other hand, he rejected the marriage proposal of the Duke of Sicily and so they are rivals and won't work together.'

That's exactly how my dream CK 3 would play.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

quote:

- The assasination chance increase effect of your spymaster have been replaced with a plot power increase against your plot target in the chosen province.

But in practice this will be near-useless because most people you would target for an assassination are going to frequently be running around the map with an army and you're only allowed to move your Spymaster once every six months. I expect we will all continue parking him either in our capital or in Constantinople 99% of the time.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Eric the Mauve posted:

But in practice this will be near-useless because most people you would target for an assassination are going to frequently be running around the map with an army and you're only allowed to move your Spymaster once every six months. I expect we will all continue parking him either in our capital or in Constantinople 99% of the time.

What are you talking about, have you never murdered anybody to inherit their lands? Did you never get rid of dangerous vassals that lead factions against your? Did you never "straighten up" your decadent family members with a knife in their back?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I don't play Muslims, so no to that one. Vassals, sure (I actually use the diplostab on them sometimes.) Most often, at least the way I play (which God knows is suboptimal) by assassination targets are not my vassals, and they have an annoying tendency to move around all the drat time.

Then again this is probably a change that needed making, because the ease with which you can arrange the murder of some guy 500 miles away is a little bit ridiculous.

Apoffys
Sep 5, 2011

quote:

- It is no longer possible for non-looters to siege holdings if you are hostile due to looting

They can't even let us have that? How am I supposed to deal with viking raiders then? It's really annoying when Jarl Fuckwit raids my border provinces every 3 months, and I can't do anything except chase him off because I have a truce with his king.

Yeah, I get that European rulers had to just accept a bit of raiding occasionally, but that was because they weren't strong enough to counter-attack. If I have a huge navy and army, and I've already annexed half of Scandinavia, why do I just have to accept the raiding? If truces prevent me from attacking them, why should they be allowed to attack me without consequence? Either make the Norse keep to the truce, or let me attack them when they break it.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Because gently caress you, that's why.

This post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Paradox management. But let's be real, it probably does.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

I think this is actually to stop raiders abusing mercenaries?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
You can uses troops toggled to raid to begin a siege, then swap out your troops with other armies not toggled to raid. Your normal retinue will siege "normally" and occupy the holding instead of looting it. Repeat it with all enemy holdings, then declare some kind of war, BAM. 100% warscore and you can immediately demand their surrender.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
It will also make it impossible to assassinate enemy generals during a battle (which was a fun trick if you had a lot of cash to spare.) Blah well.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

monster on a stick posted:

It will also make it impossible to assassinate enemy generals during a battle (which was a fun trick if you had a lot of cash to spare.) Blah well.

Kind of a shame. You'd think there'd be some sort of mechanic to allow surgical strikes at that super-talented general that can turn the tide of a battle with ease. Seems like something that would make sense to try and do.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

quote:

Premiere tonight: Crusader Kings II - Mod Feature! Today we'll start playing "After the End", which starts in... http://t.co/ridZeyu2DD

Okay, getting your mod hyped by Paradox is pretty fuckin' awesome.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Torrannor posted:

You can uses troops toggled to raid to begin a siege, then swap out your troops with other armies not toggled to raid. Your normal retinue will siege "normally" and occupy the holding instead of looting it. Repeat it with all enemy holdings, then declare some kind of war, BAM. 100% warscore and you can immediately demand their surrender.

Yeah that was stupid broken and I think one of Arumba's Norse playthroughs showcases it. Paradox is definitely making the right move on this one.

I like most of the changes. It seems like a lot of the lessons learned from euiv are starting to get folded back into ck2, which I think will be a good thing overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

GSD posted:

fake edit: the Prophet is a Comanche himself too, for bonus points.

Quanah Parker walks again, get the peyote.

• Locked thread