Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
I thought it was Bam Neely at first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

Gavok posted:

Yeah, that's not the worst way to go. I'd say start with High Noon, then go to Chikarasaurus Rex: How to Hatch a Dinosaur, King of Trios 2012 and Best of 2013. Avoid Under the Hood.

I did it on your recommendation in the "How do I get into..." thread, so yeah, you better approve. Although it took me awhile to actually pull the trigger and buy the DVDs.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Deucalion, unmasked.

Good to see the guy from Static X cleaned up and found work.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

In general, I get the season opener, the finale, Trios, YLC(not needed for storylines but a fun show) and the Cybernetico(usually the big storyline focal point). Most of the recent shows have pretty good recaps.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Someone pointed this out to me. Watch the guy in the crowd in the lower-left part of the screen. Watch his reaction when Deucalion raises his head.

He goes from laughing and clapping to full-on :stonk: as he realizes poo poo's about to go down.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Gavok posted:

But then he got really mad about rumblings of support and even assaulted a fan for wearing an #IAMCHIKARA t-shirt.

be real, this was a shoot

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

oatgan posted:

be real, this was a shoot

The "fan" in question was Thom, the same "fan" that got abducted by Condor Security during Icarus' rally at the park in Philly.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The pure black eyes thing is legitimately creepy. I can't think of another wrestler whose ever used contacts like those.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Rhonne posted:

The pure black eyes thing is legitimately creepy. I can't think of another wrestler whose ever used contacts like those.

Viktor in NXT and he stopped because they wreck your eyes.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

Viktor in NXT and he stopped because they wreck your eyes.

Shame about it wrecking your eyes, because the looks awesome.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Luckily enough Deucalion is masked most of the time so I'm sure he only has to wear them if they do another unmasking scene or whatever. Even if they keep him unmasked, it's not like he's working as frequent a schedule as a guy like Viktor, so that shouldn't be too tough on his eyes.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I wouldn't be shocked if he was going to be unmasked going forward, particularly if he's actually going to be working matches, because that mask looks like it would be a son of a bitch to actually work in, let alone taking bumps with it on.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

OmegaBR posted:

I thought it was Bam Neely at first.

Makes sense as Chavo was on the show

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

So Wrestling is Fun is hosting the Young Lions Cup XI tournament. The first round is next week in Haverhill, MA

-Shynron vs William Fredrick Kingsley
-Kevin Quill vs Prakash Sabar
-Devin Blaze vs Donovan Dijak
-Argus vs MISSILE! ASSAULT! ANT!
-Anthony Greene vs Rex Lawless
-'The Generator' Race Jaxon vs Marq Quen

The next round and finals will be Nov. 1 in Norristown, PA.

Also, the season finale for Chikara is going to be called "Tomorrow Never Dies," on Dec. 6, and will mark Chikara's return to the former ECW Arena.

Decline
Apr 20, 2001

steal your face
I've got a friend attending the season finale in Philly but he's never seen any Chikara stuff before. What are the essential shows to get him caught up in time?

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

Decline posted:

I've got a friend attending the season finale in Philly but he's never seen any Chikara stuff before. What are the essential shows to get him caught up in time?

If you want stuff purely from this season for current storylines, you could show him the Ashes of CHIKARA feature, You Only Live Twice, and King of Trios.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yeah, I paid virtually zero attention to Chikara between the opener and KoT and the show certainly brought me up to anything important that happened in between.

Fun show by the way, but I probably could've skipped day 1 without really missing much. I found the actual trios matches a little underwhelming compared to years past but there was still some good stuff and the booking was sensible throughout.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

OmegaBR posted:

If you want stuff purely from this season for current storylines, you could show him the Ashes of CHIKARA feature, You Only Live Twice, and King of Trios.

I'd nix it on the Ashes of Chikara thing. It's a total clusterfuck and does a bad job of explaining the interesting parts of the story. I say go with You Only Live Twice, the World is Not Enough and King of Trios.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I was told William Fredrick Kingsley is actually Herbert, the form man servant of Juan Francisco de Coronado.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
The World Is Not Enough was the best live wrestling event I've ever attended (it's also the only one so far) and it's excellent. Don't let the roof get you down.

BaldipISW
Mar 28, 2012

DM Punk posted:

I was told William Fredrick Kingsley is actually Herbert, the form man servant of Juan Francisco de Coronado.

Nope. It's Billy King, long time Massachusetts worker who should qualify more for the Early-30's Lions Cup. Assuming Quack gave him a new name for these shows because he thought "Billy King" didn't match his gimmick of someone that's supposed to be from posh British royalty.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
There's a bunch of Chikara guys in the new Army of the Pharaohs video. Not a huge surprise because Vinnie Paz loves pro wrestling and is based in Philly, but still not a crossover I expected to see today. :v:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Blessed be the wrestling fans for they know now how to score wrestling matches properly thanks to Paragon Wrestling with this handy guide.

I have just watched King of Trios 2014, Night 1 and feel the need to fill you all in on how the roster stands at this point.

quote:

Singles Standings - Points (Win/Loss)
    Fire Ant - 58 (1-0)
    Mr. Touchdown - 54 (1-0)
    Mark Andrews - 51 (1-0)
    17 - 45 (1-0)
    Max Smashmaster - 44 (1-0)
    Jimmy Jacobs - 43 (1-0)
    Scott Parker - 41 (1-0)
    Kenny - 40 (1-0)
    Silver Ant - 25 (1-0)
    Missile Assault Ant - 24 (0-1)
    Chavo Guerrero - 17 (0-1)
    Dasher Hatfield - 17 (1-0)
    Homicide - 13 (0-1)
    Frightmare - 12 (0-1)
    Worker Ant - 12 (1-0)
    Jolly Roger - 10 (0-1)
    Mr. Azerbaijan - 10 (0-1)
    Hernandez - 9 (0-1)
    Proletariat Boar of Moldavia - 9 (0-1)
    Prakash Sabar - 8 (0-1)
    The Shard - 8 (1-0)
    Jigsaw - 7 (1-0)
    Johnny - 7 (1-0)
    Pete Dunne - 7 (1-0)
    Arctic Rescue Ant - 5 (0-1)
    Eddie Kingston - 5 (1-0)
    Nokken - 5 (0-1)
    Orbit Adventure Ant - 5 (0-1)
    Princess Kimberlee - 5 (0-1)
    Ares - 3 (0-1)
    Damien Dunne - 3 (1-0)
    Icarus - 3 (1-0)
    Sinn Bodhi - 3 (0-1)
    Volgar - 3 (1-0)
    Blaster McMassive - 2 (1-0)
    Dr. Cube - 2 (0-1)
    Hallowicked - 2 (0-1)
    Jervis Cottonbelly - 2 (0-1)
    Lance Steel - 2 (0-1)
    Marion Fontaine - 2 (0-1)
    Mikey - 2 (1-0)
    Shane Matthews - 2 (1-0)
    Thunderkitty - 2 (0-1)
    Archibald Peck - 1 (1-0)
    Flex Rumblecrunch - 1 (1-0)
    Qefka the Quiet - 1 (0-1)
    Sir Oliver Grimsly - 0 (0-1)
    UltraMantis Black - 0 (0-1)

Trios Standings - Points (Win/Loss)
    The Colony - 95 (1-0)
    Golden Trio - 74 (1-0)
    Team UK - 61 (1-0)
    GEKIDO - 60 (1-0)
    The Flood - 51 (1-0)
    Spirit Squad - 49 (1-0)
    Devastation Corporation - 47 (1-0)
    3Peck0 - 44 (0-1)
    LAX - 39 (0-1)
    Colony Xtreme Force - 34 (0-1)
    Bloc Party - 27 (0-1)
    Knight Eye for the Pirate Guy - 17 (0-1)
    Spectral Envoy - 14 (0-1)
    The BDK - 10 (0-1)
    Team Extravaganza - 6 (0-1)
    The Odditorium - 4 (0-1)

I have begun watching Night 2 today and will update tonight so you are all properly informed!

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

KungFu Grip posted:

Blessed be the wrestling fans for they know now how to score wrestling matches properly thanks to Paragon Wrestling with this handy guide.

I have just watched King of Trios 2014, Night 1 and feel the need to fill you all in on how the roster stands at this point.

I have begun watching Night 2 today and will update tonight so you are all properly informed!

Thank you for this update!

Are you also tracking everyone's Finisher Effectiveness Rating?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

LobsterMobster posted:

Kurt Angle's finishers having diminishing returns might be the only thing keeping him from being the best wrestler of the decade!

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

Flameingblack posted:

Kurt Angle's finishers having diminishing returns might be the only thing keeping him from being the best wrestler of the decade!

Has anyone escaped the grapevined version of the ankle lock?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

LobsterMobster posted:

No as that was a rule I was not aware of, also I don't know half the rosters actual finishers.

ANYWAY here is Night 2 of King of Trios 2014 Paragon Ratings.

quote:

Singles Standings - Points (Win/Loss)

Jimmy Jacobs - 98 (2-0)
    Max Smashmaster - 93 (2-0)
    Fire Ant - 72 (1-1)
    Mr. Touchdown - 69 (2-0)
    Shane Matthews - 60 (2-0)
    Mark Andrews - 60 (1-1)
    Ashley Remington - 57 (1-0)
    Icarus - 53 (2-0)
    17 - 48 (1-1)
    The Great Sanada - 47 (1-0)
    Scott Parker - 45 (2-0)
    Juan Franciso de Coronado - 45 (1-0)
    Shynron - 44 (1-0)
    Kenny - 44 (1-1)
    Silver Ant - 37 (1-1)
    Dasher Hatfield - 28 (2-0)
    Yoshi Tatsu - 25 (0-1)
    Worker Ant - 24 (2-0)
    Missile Assault Ant - 24 (0-1)
    Eddie Kingston - 23 (2-0)
    Volgar - 23 (2-0)
    Tigre Uno - 22 (0-1)
    Blaster McMassive - 18 (2-0)
    Mikey - 18 (1-1)
    Chavo Guerrero - 17 (0-1)
    Jigsaw - 16 (1-1)
    Amasis - 14 (0-1)
    The Shard - 13 (1-1)
    Damien Dunne - 13 (1-1)
    Homicide - 13 (0-1)
    Archibald Peck - 12 (2-0)
    Johnny - 12 (1-1)
    Frightmare - 12 (0-1)
    Rich Swann - 12 (0-1)
    Jolly Roger - 10 (0-1)
    Mr. Azerbaijan - 10 (0-1)
    Hernandez - 9 (0-1)
    Proletariat Boar of Moldavia - 9 (0-1)
    Prakash Sabar - 8 (0-1)
    Pete Dunne - 7 (1-0)
    AR Fox - 7 (0-1)
    Arctic Rescue Ant - 5 (0-1)
    Nokken - 5 (0-1)
    Orbit Adventure Ant - 5 (0-1)
    Princess Kimberlee - 5 (0-1)
    Rockstar Spud - 5 (0-1)
    Ares - 3 (0-1)
    Sinn Bodhi - 3 (0-1)
    Chuck Taylor - 2 (0-1)
    Dr. Cube - 2 (0-1)
    Hallowicked - 2 (0-1)
    Jervis Cottonbelly - 2 (0-1)
    Lance Steel - 2 (0-1)
    Marion Fontaine - 2 (0-1)
    Thunderkitty - 2 (0-1)
    Flex Rumblecrunch - 1 (2-0)
    Orlando Christopher - 1 (0-1)
    Qefka the Quiet - 1 (0-1)
    Sir Oliver Grimsly - 0 (0-1)
    UltraMantis Black - 0 (0-1)

Trios Standings - Points (Win/Loss)

Golden Trio - 150 (2-0)
    The Flood - 144 (2-0)
    The Colony - 133 (1-1)
    3Peck0 - 117 (2-0)
    Devastation Corporation - 112 (2-0)
    Team UK - 80 (1-1)
    GEKIDO - 77 (1-1)
    Spirit Squad - 74 (1-1)
    LAX - 39 (0-1)
    Colony Xtreme Force - 34 (0-1)
    Bloc Party - 27 (0-1)
    Knight Eye for the Pirate Guy - 17 (0-1)
    Spectral Envoy - 14 (0-1)
    The BDK - 10 (0-1)
    Team Extravaganza - 6 (0-1)
    The Odditorium - 4 (0-1)

I believe this is right. New additions are as follows:

Chuck Taylor
Rich Swann
Tigre Uno
Shynron
Juan Francisco de Coronado
Rockstar Spud
Orlando Christopher
AR Fox
Amasis
Great Sanada
Yoshi Tatsu
Ashley Remington

There was an error in the last post that said 3Peck0 lost their match, when they actually won. An interesting thing going by these points is that Flex Rumblecrunch is a bum and doesn't help his team at all not gaining a single point since Night 1, keeping him at 1 point with the most wins.

Non-Paragon Rules post, but Max Smashmaster has gotten really good since losing all that weight and is probably the best big man on the indies right now. His offense works to his body size and quickness and looks brutal.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Cards for this weekend's shows in NC/VA

"Thunderball" - Gibsonville, NC
* The Golden Trio & Eddie Kingston vs Jimmy Jacobs & The Flood
* Ashley Remington vs Juan Francisco de Coronado
* The Colony (Fire/Worker) vs The Devastation Corporation (Max/Blaster)
* The Spectral Envoy vs The Bloc Party
* Silver Ant vs Shynron
* The Osirian Portal vs The Wrecking Crew (Oleg/???)
* 3.0 vs The Aftermath (Chet Sterling/Trevor Lee)

"Moonraker" - Richmond, VA
* Grand Championship - Icarus defends vs Jimmy Jacobs
* Osirian Portal & N_R_G vs The Wrecking Crew
* The Spectral Envoy vs BDK
* The Colony vs The Bloc Party
* Eddie Kingston vs Volgar
* Shynron vs Missile Assault Ant
* Atomicos Increibles - Dasher/Remington/El Hijo del Ice Cream/Jagged vs Touchdown/Archie/Ice Cream Jr/Matthews

- The Envoy/BDK match was announced as a trios match, so it remains to be seen who the third member of the BDK team will be, since Jakob took over the BDK and apparently kicked out Ares. Tursas is still "dead" after taking Thunderfrog's Hammer to the chest.
- Jaka isn't going to be able to make the shows this weekend. Bakabella has claimed he has a backup plan.
- That 3.0/Aftermath match has the potential to be a show-stealer if Trevor Lee's in it.
- As per usual with Flood multi-mans, the members of the team haven't been revealed. Likewise, it's not been announced what members of the Wrecking Crew will take on Portal/NRG.

Also, Wrestling Is Fun has announced the second batch of participants in the Young Lions Cup XI tournament, though the matches have not yet been announced. Night 1, back on the 11th, was only the first wave of participants.

"Young Lions Cup XI, Night 1" Results
* Shynron def. William Fredrick Kingsley
* Prakash Sabar def. Kevin Quill
* Donovan Dijak def. Devin Blaze
* Rex Lawless def. Anthony Greene
* Missile Assault Ant def. Argus
* Race Jaxon def. Marq Quen
* Devastation Corporation def. Osirian Portal
* 6-Way Eliminator - Missile Assault Ant wins. (Order of eliminations: Dijak def. Lawless, Shyrnon def. Sabar, Dijak def. Jaxon, Shyron def. Dijak, Missile Assault def. Shynron)

"Young Lions Cup XI, Night 2" - Norristown, PA, November 2
* YLC XI Participants - Will Ferrera, Heidi Lovelace, Proletariat Boar of Moldova, Danny Cannon, Cheeseburger, Joe Black, Adam Page, Arctic Rescue Ant, J.T. Dunn, Eddie Smooth, Malice, Princess Kimberlee
* 4-v-4 Non-Tournament Match - The Throwbacks & N_R_G vs Juan Francisco de Coronado, The Bloc Party & El Hijo del Ice Cream

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Cards for this weekend's shows in NC/VA

"Thunderball" - Gibsonville, NC
* The Golden Trio & Eddie Kingston vs Jimmy Jacobs & The Flood
* Ashley Remington vs Juan Francisco de Coronado
* The Colony (Fire/Worker) vs The Devastation Corporation (Max/Blaster)
* The Spectral Envoy vs The Bloc Party
* Silver Ant vs Shynron
* The Osirian Portal vs The Wrecking Crew (Oleg/???)
* 3.0 vs The Aftermath (Chet Sterling/Trevor Lee)

I don't watch Chikara but this is close to me so I'm thinking of going. Should I go to this? Will this card be good? How can I know if I will like this?

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Sub Rosa posted:

I don't watch Chikara but this is close to me so I'm thinking of going. Should I go to this? Will this card be good? How can I know if I will like this?

Chikara is usually a lot of fun! The emphasis isn't necessarily on ringwork, but to put forth an enjoyable product. Colony and Devastation Corporation should be a good match and it'll be interesting to see Trevor Lee on his home turf. They have a really strong web presence and youtube account so it's pretty each to check them out ahead of time to see if they're for you.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Chikara is usually a lot of fun! The emphasis isn't necessarily on ringwork, but to put forth an enjoyable product. Colony and Devastation Corporation should be a good match and it'll be interesting to see Trevor Lee on his home turf. They have a really strong web presence and youtube account so it's pretty each to check them out ahead of time to see if they're for you.

This is all pretty much true.

To add some backstory to some of the matches--

Chikara vs The Flood
This has been the overarching storyline this year in Chikara since it returned from its year-long hiatus. The Flood is a big collective of heels dedicated to wiping out Chikara and everything it stands for. Jimmy Jacobs is its main 'field commander,' but he apparently takes his marching orders from a massive brute called Deucalion, who has 'killed' several wrestlers this year with his choke-breaker. There have been many of multi-man Chikara-vs-Flood matches this year, and it's always been deliberately vague about which members of the Flood you're likely to get. The Golden Trio are Icarus, Dasher Hatfield & Mr. Touchdown-- Chikara's Grand Champion and Campeones de Parejas (Tag Team Champions)-- and made it to the finals of King of Trios before being defeated by the Devastation Corporation. Eddie Kingston lost the Grand Championship to Icarus back in May and had been directionless and more apathetic than usual after losing it, and was briefly tempted into joining The Flood by Jacobs, who said he could help Kingston get "her" (the title) back. At King of Trios, however, Icarus convinced Kingston that the title would be worthless if Chikara were destroyed, and Kingston defected back to Chikara.

Remington vs Coronado
"Smooth Sailin'" Ashley Remington is a wealthy yacht-enthusiast and all-around gentleman. He plays by the rules and typically gives his opponents complimentary baskets of fruit, win or lose. Juan Francisco de Coronado is an Ecuadorian wrestler who wears a bow-tie and is your typical arrogant aristocrat heel. Coronado cost Remington a match at King of Trios and this is the outcome.

Colony vs Dev Corp
The Colony are fan-favorite Ant-themed wrestlers. Fire Ant is an energetic high-flyer. Worker Ant is a more heavyset brawler. The Devastation Corporation are face-painted Legion of Doom-esque brawlers, managed by stuck-in-the-80s sleazeball manager Sidney Bakabella. Max Smashmaster is a great fat big-man type (though much less fat than he used to be). Blaster McMassive is a huge black dude that can be hilarious when he starts yelling stuff. (At KOT, when Dev Corp were facing Team UK, he bellowed out "CHEERIO!" before double-clotheslining two of them.) This year, the Colony has been hunted by former Colony member Soldier Ant, who was unwillingly ousted from the team prior to the hiatus and went AWOL, and has since turned up in the thrall of The Flood, costing them a King of Trios match.

Spectral Envoy vs Bloc Party
The Bloc Party are a trio of Eastern European wrestlers-- the Proletariat Boar of Moldova, Mr. Azerbaijan, and ex-Pakistani Prakash Sabar-- that are essentially supposed to be Eastern European knock-offs of D-Generation X. Sabar is a Pakistani expatriate living in Georgia and is X-Pac. Mr. Azerbaijan is a multi-time "Azerbaijan's Sexiest Guy" winner (except in 2002 because of a coal miner strike). The Boar is a big bruiser using a Gore as a finisher. The Spectral Envoy is led by cartoonish supervillain UltraMantis Black and includes Mantis' long-time friend/rival/friend Hallowicked and the frenetic ball of kinetic energy Frightmare. The Envoy won the 2012 King of Trios tournament, but they've been haunted by the presence of Delirious, former friend of Wicked and Frightmare who was brainwashed by the mystical Eye of Tyr by Mantis himself, before getting his memories back and declaring "two years" of vengeance on Mantis. Delirious has also recently resurfaced in the thrall of The Flood.

Silver Ant vs Shynron
Your basic clash of styles match. Silver Ant is a member of The Colony and is a mat-based submissions wrestler. (He has on his record a tap-out win over Mike Quackenbush.) Shynron, 'The Spirit Dragon,' is the premier high-flyer in Chikara, having won the 2014 Rey de Voladores ('King of Fliers') tournament. Shynron has a DBZ theme to some of his style and pretty much laughs at the laws of physics.

Osirian Portal vs Wrecking Crew
The Portal are a duo of Egyptian-themed wrestlers, 'The Funky Pharaoh' Amasis and 'The Serpent from the Nile' Ophidian. They've been fan-favorites pretty much since day one and incorporate some dancing into some of their antics, including "the most illegal move in professional wrestling," wherein Ophidian hypnotizes his opponents. The Wrecking Crew is the collective name for Sidney Bakabella's stable-- including the Devastation Corporation, Oleg the Usurper, and Jaka. The match had initially been booked as the Portal vs Jaka/Oleg, but the savage Jaka won't be able to make the show. Someone else from Bakabella's stable will take his place. Oleg the Usurper is a barbarian warlord who doesn't always understand the rules of wrestling or indeed the modern world, but he is feared and reviled as the "Dragon Dragon Slayer," after having slain the heroic Dragon Dragon with his finisher, Off With His Head. This match was booked after the King of Trios tag team gauntlet, wherein the Portal survived four other teams to the point of near exhaustion, only to then lose against the Wrecking Crew when Bakabella smashed Ophidian in the face with a roll of nickels.

3.0 vs The Aftermath
3.0 are Shane Matthews & Scott 'Jagged' Parker, a Canadian tag-team that have been fan-favorites for a while, though some have turned a bit on them due to Matthews' sexist behavior on Twitter. The Aftermath is Chet Sterling (of whom I know little) and recent indie standout Trevor Lee. Lee has that 'it factor' about him that will take him places, and he has justifiably been getting a solid rep on the indies for breakout matches that he had in PWG.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
To add to that fantastic write-up, Juan Francisco got mad at Remington for using the German suplex, and has said that much like his Battle of the Bowtie at King of Trios against Rockstar Spud, this will be a battle of the suplex (Juan Francisco is now calling his move the Ecuadorian suplex)

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I'm sold, thanks for prepping me for the show.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Sub Rosa posted:

See you there!

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Sub Rosa posted:

Let me explain who the Flood are, so you won't be entirely bewildered by whomever Jacobs has in his team.

The Flood has multiple sub-factions that all either tried to invade Chikara in the past.

The BDK (Bruderschaft des Kreuzes) was headed by Ares, before he was recently ousted. It is now led former BDK ring announcer-turned-wrestler Jakob Hammermeier, who has blamed everything that went wrong with his life on Ares. Jakob possesses the mystical Eye of Tyr, with which he controls Nøkken, a Norweigian brute. The BDK also includes Milo Schnitzler, who is basically a low-rent Jakob and is the new ring announcer for the BDK. It formerly included Tursas, a Finnish war god, before he was 'killed' by taking a Mjolnir to the chest from the Estonian Thunderfrog.

Dr. Cube's Posse is from Kaiju Big Battel. The real Dr. Cube had been apparently assassinated by a sniper's bullet, but then a new Dr. Cube in a Bill Cosby sweater turned up with the Eye of Tyr and took control of the Posse. The only Cube minions worth mentioning that have shown up are Haack & Slaash, his Uber-Minions. And the fake Cube was revealed to be Jakob Hammermeier at King of Trios.

GEKIDO was a group of 'dark reflections' of Quackenbush, Jigsaw, and the Colony, but has dwindled in number as members have been injured (CombatANT-- cranked neck), defected (AssailANT-- now Worker Ant in the Colony), or 'killed' (DeviANT-- 'killed' by Deucalion for his failures). The remaining members are 17 and The Shard. The Shard is the littlest superkicker, basically a short-rear end dickhead. 17 is a submissions expert that has ended the careers of a few wrestlers in Chikara, and snapped the neck of Private Eye Jr. at National Pro Wrestling Day. They previously had Jigsaw in their group as well, but he kicked himself out of the group at King of Trios.

The Odditorium is a group of circus freaks. Led (badly) by 'Kizarny' Sinn Bodhi, who pretty much does as little as possible and then blames the others when they lose. The other members are evil mime Qefka the Quiet and evil carnival barker/Alex DeLarge-esque bad guy Oliver Grimsly.

Colony XTREME Force are a trio of Colony knock-offs, corporate cash-in merchandise-driven rudos-in-disguise. They have their own accessories as well. They consist of Arctic Rescue Ant (snowboard & goggles), Orbit Adventure Ant (light-up helmet), and MISSILE! ASSAULT! ANT! (jetpack & light-up helmet) Missile Assault Ant is by far the best member of the team, and he yells his name all the time.

The Wrecking Crew I described in my earlier post. Sidney Bakabella is their manager, and includes the trio of the Devastation Corporation, Oleg the Usurper, and Jaka.

The Flood Elite, for lack of a better word, are the Flood leadership. Jimmy Jacobs is the main field commander. He has as his acolyte a fat bastard called Volgar. Above both of them is Deucalion, the 'Titan of Titor.'

Flood thralls, who don't belong to any particular sub-faction, include Delirious, Soldier Ant, and the cowardly Lithuanian Snow Troll, who begged to be spared after Deucalion killed his friends, the Estonian Thunderfrog and Latvian Proud Oak.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

So I did a write-up for the North Carolina show, because Sub Rosa wanted to know what he was in for. I'll do the same for the Richmond, VA show.

"Moonraker" - Richmond, Oct. 26
Main Event for the Grand Championship
Icarus will be defending the title against Jimmy Jacobs. At its core, this is a Chikara-vs-Flood match. Jacobs picked up three wins to qualify for this title shot, and he wants to take the title away to demoralize and tear down Chikara. Presumably, Jacobs would also use it to try to tempt away Eddie Kingston again. Icarus, meanwhile, is defending not just his title, but Chikara's honor. There will probably be shenanigans aplenty here, Flood interference is all but guaranteed.

The Osirian Portal & N_R_G vs The Wrecking Crew
Like with the match the night before in North Carolina, this match is fallout from the KOT Tag Gauntlet. The Portal are looking for revenge on the Wrecking Crew for costing them their points, and N_R_G-- the rookie team of Hype Rockwell & 'The Generator' Race Jaxon, whose gimmick can be summarized as 'Let's be High Energy'-- are looking to make a name for themselves. Given that Jaka won't be at the shows this weekend, the Crew will probably be represented in totality with the Devastation Corporation and Oleg the Usurper, unless Sidney Bakabella brings out a new Wrecking Crew member.

The Spectral Envoy vs Die BDK
This is an old rivalry returning again. The BDK has been a thorn in the side of UltraMantis Black for years, and now it's being headed by Jakob Hammermeier, who may take the viewpoint that he wants to prove he can lead the BDK better than Ares ever did. He'll have Nøkken on his team, to be certain, but the match is billed as a trios match. While we know who all three Envoy members are, it's not clear who will join Jakob and Nøkken. It might be Milo Schnitzler, or it could be a heretofore unknown BDK member, or it could be a returning Delirious or other BDK member.

The Colony vs The Bloc Party
This is really just your bog standard trios match. There's no real story going into this match between the Bloc Party and the Colony.

Eddie Kingston vs Volgar
Kingston and Volgar had been teammates on the Flood Elite's KOT team with Jacobs, but when Kingston defected back to Chikara, it quite obviously did not sit well with the Flood. Volgar will be looking to take retribution on Kingston for his defection, and Kingston will be looking to prove that he's the top fat brawler in Chikara.

Shynron vs Missile Assault Ant
This match is fallout from the recent Young Lions Cup XI qualifiers. Both men had been in the six-way eliminator on Night 1, but Missile Assault Ant eliminated Shynron in the closing moments to move on to the YLC XI finals. Shynron is looking to get revenge. Missile Assault Ant is looking to be a jerk and yell his name a lot.

Atomicos Increibles
The gist of an "increibles" match is that normal tag partners are on opposite sides of a tag match. Accordingly, the teams of the Throwbacks, 3.0, Los Ice Creams, and the heretofore un-associated tandem of Ashley Remington & Archibald Peck are being divvied up. One team will have Dasher Hatfield, Remington, El Hijo del Ice Cream, and Scott Parker. The other will have Mr. Touchdown, Peck, Ice Cream Jr., and Shane Matthews.

To avoid double-posting, it's also been confirmed that the 2014 season finale show, "Tomorrow Never Dies" will be broadcast on iPPV through Smart Mark Video.

They've also released a poster for it.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

It was worth going just for Silver Ant vs Shynron. They stole the show. I sat next to the announce table so I was able to hear the commentary which I enjoyed.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

NC results from the Twitter machine--

1. Spectral Envoy def. Bloc Party. Wicked caught Mr. Azerbaijan with the Rydeen bomb.

2. 3.0 def. The Aftermath. Matthews tapped Sterling to Da Boston Crab. 3.0 now have three points.
- This was a "magic move" match, and the crowd won stickers after 3.0 hit a body slam.

3. Ashley Remington def. Juan Francisco de Coronado with a high bridging German suplex.

4. The Osirian Portal def. The Wrecking Crew (Oleg The Usurper/Flex Rumblecrunch) with the Osirian Sacrament on Oleg.
- Flex hated Oleg, and Oleg had trouble setting up the Death Blow.
- They've been slow building an "Oleg keeps screwing things up" angle within the Wrecking Crew.

5. Devastation Corp. def. The Colony. Fire Ant ate the Death Blow.
- Worker Ant took the majority of the punishment in the match.

6. Silver Ant def. Shynron with a cutter.
- Said to be a fantastic match.
- Finish came when Shynron was hanging from the ceiling.

7. The Golden Trio & Eddie Kingston def. The Flood
- The Flood was Jacobs, 17, Jakob, and Nøkken, with Snow Troll.
- Jacobs had Kid Cyclone's cape as a trophy.
- The Golden Trio didn't trust Kingston and refused to tag him in.
- Kingston accidentally hit Icarus with the Backfist to the Future.
- Finish came when Kingston took the bullet for Icarus, eating a spear from Jacobs, who then got rolled up for the finish.
- Post-match, the Flood beat down the tecnicos, and Jacobs said he'll take the title as a trophy.
- The Golden Trio left without Kingston.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

It hasnt come up but at the recent Kaiju show, Dr Cubes from parallel dimensions came to our universe and declared our Cosby sweatered cube a charlatan and a no-good-nick - I mean we knew that already but it's nice to see Kaiju has resolved the BDK/Cube issue and given us 20+ evil cubes as a replacement

http://www.kaiju.com/home.htm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
RIP Marchie Archie / Archibald Peck.

• Locked thread