Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

BreakAtmo posted:

Nah, I doubt it'll be that long. I don't know what you mean by 'real trailer' - the E3 one was realtime in-engine footage. It may have just been one scene, but with all the pre-rendered trailers floating about, realtime graphics tell me a game is comparatively far along.

You misunderstood me. By 'real trailer' I meant a trailer that is not a teaser (the E3 one was nothing but a teaser).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Last few posts about Uncharted 4 reminds me of the fact that all I want for Christmas is Uncharted 1-3 Remastered on the PS4. That's it. I want to start from the beginning, play through them, and finish up riiiight about the time Uncharted 4 comes out.

Make it happen, Naughty Dog.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Shame. I thought it looked fun, if not overly ambitious. Hopefully Driveclub will scratch my next-gen arcade racer itch then.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

StabMasterArson posted:

They were until the beta came out and was really not-fun and totally forgettable
Were there chronic issues or could it be rebalanced?

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Sleeping Dogs PS4 edition out tomorrow: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/10/09/sleeping-dogs-definitive-edition-hits-ps4-tomorrow-watch-launch-trailer/

Did this slip by totally under the radar or something? Regardless, I've never played Sleeping Dogs so I'm fairly sure I need to make it mine.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Von Linus posted:

Were there chronic issues or could it be rebalanced?

If they want to keep their plan of selling car upgrades to you until it feels like you're not driving a boat on a block of ice, and they will, then unfortunately it will probably be as unfun as the beta.

Bruiser
Apr 4, 2007

by Shine

Flint_Paper posted:

Sleeping Dogs PS4 edition out tomorrow: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/10/09/sleeping-dogs-definitive-edition-hits-ps4-tomorrow-watch-launch-trailer/

Did this slip by totally under the radar or something? Regardless, I've never played Sleeping Dogs so I'm fairly sure I need to make it mine.

It was the XBL free game a while ago. I DL'd it and it was fun. I don't think it really warrants a "HD SUPER CUT RE-RELEASE!". Other than tLOU and Uncharted (please please please) I don't really like the trend of HD remakes.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

I'd add GTAV into that mix too considering it was released right at the end of the 360/PS3 life cycle.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Gravy Jones posted:

Shame. I thought it looked fun, if not overly ambitious. Hopefully Driveclub will scratch my next-gen arcade racer itch then.
Did you enjoy TDU1/2 to an extent? It's pretty much TDU3. One of the dev teams on the game are ex-Eden Games people. The Crew thread seemed to be expecting Burnout Paradise for some reason.
The major changes are you have do to mini-challenges to get upgrades and it has an Ubitrash story attached to it. Also the game has boatercars for Starters. If you piss off to New York when you unlock other car dealers, you can get a Ford with your starter money and it makes driving a lot better.

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.

Teenage Fansub posted:

I think Pix The Cat might be my favorite game.

Pix The Cat would be absolutely perfect if it shared saves between Vita and PS4. Right now PtC and Resogun are probably the best next-gen games.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

StabMasterArson posted:

If they want to keep their plan of selling car upgrades to you until it feels like you're not driving a boat on a block of ice, and they will, then unfortunately it will probably be as unfun as the beta.

Oh that's the rpg one. Right. Cheers.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Bruiser posted:

It was the XBL free game a while ago. I DL'd it and it was fun. I don't think it really warrants a "HD SUPER CUT RE-RELEASE!". Other than tLOU and Uncharted (please please please) I don't really like the trend of HD remakes.

I think the problem with that was they were charging full price for the PS4 release? I really liked the original, but in a sort of 'Looser GTA' way not in a 'this is a classic' way. Full price seems a bit lunatic.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Bruiser posted:

It feels really different from the last generation, where I think the a good amount of time had passed to make me think "yeah, I'd like to play these again" and the collections were priced right to take the plunge. They were also collections, not singular titles, to add value.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Complaining about these ports existing is as dumb as complaining about movies you already bought on DVD getting a bluray release. The $60 price tag is worth criticizing but that's about it. And it's going to be $30 in a couple months anyway.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Flint_Paper posted:

Maybe it was more discussed in the Steam thread, cause I heard a bit about it. If you have never played it, this would be the perfect thing for you. You'll get the game and all its DLC on a newer platform.

For me its not a big deal since I have it on PC and played through the whole main story and the graphics improvements aren't as amazing as I wanted. Though they increased things like the amount of AI characters on screen or something so it could still be cool.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Tide posted:

Last few posts about Uncharted 4 reminds me of the fact that all I want for Christmas is Uncharted 1-3 Remastered on the PS4. That's it. I want to start from the beginning, play through them, and finish up riiiight about the time Uncharted 4 comes out.

Make it happen, Naughty Dog.

This will likely happen due to ND not having a seething hatred of money.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

If the servers are up, I'd like an invite to a DriveClub club that I can hop into when I get home from work.

PSN: Wee_Bairns

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Naughty Dog please do the needful and release an Uncharted kart racer.

Unkarted.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Yodzilla posted:

Naughty Dog please do the needful and release an Uncharted kart racer.

Unkarted.
I'd play this spinoff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk0wZGyTN8c

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
I'd be up for a DriveClub when it hits the UK, psnid: TheOriginalZDog

exser
Aug 18, 2003

Have they said if there is a limit to the number of people that can be in a driveclub club?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
You have to get a $9.99 extended club pass if you want over twenty-five people in.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
What's the membership limit in Driveclub?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Neo Rasa posted:

You have to get a $9.99 extended club pass if you want over twenty-five people in.

This is a lie, btw.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe
Personally I think Spelunky has some of the tightest controls for a platformer in recent memory. It's a game that you can play for a long time and still learn something new. That or you can read up on the game from a wiki finding out a lot of the funky things.

I'll say this much at least for new players in that you should be avoiding unnecessary combat if you can. You waste a lot of time and possibly health for trying to kill that spider because it might come back for you.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Whelp, nevermind...still can't connect.

EDIT: HOLY poo poo!!!!

quote:

Those who picked up a new copy of Driveclub will not be able to take the game online unless space has been freed up by others logging out.

I'm enjoying the game thus far, but battling AI is only gonna' take me so far. What a fuckin' debut!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
It is now 1993 and you are all dialing and redialing local access numbers to try and get logged in to AOL. The busy signal mercilessly mocks you.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Login queues for a racing game. What a world we live in.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
lmao Destiny launched without issue and Driveclub somehow didn't.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I mean if they need more servers I know a guy.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Ahahahaha goddamn DriveClub. Just a disaster. This is why you do open betas for always-online games.

Dan Didio posted:

lmao Destiny launched without issue and Driveclub somehow didn't.

The "somehow" was the lack of an open beta (remember how bad Destiny was hosed the first couple of days during their beta period?)

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Wee Bairns posted:

If the servers are up, I'd like an invite to a DriveClub club that I can hop into when I get home from work.

PSN: Wee_Bairns

As would I, DanThe57

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Ahahahaha goddamn DriveClub. Just a disaster. This is why you do open betas for always-online games.

The "somehow" was the lack of an open beta (remember how bad Destiny was hosed the first couple of days during their beta period?)

It wasn't even that hosed for days. I had relatively few hiccups a few hours after launch. Bungie has made a few missteps with Destiny but how to do online is not one of them. More devs should take note.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think the worst thing I had with Destiny was some of the load times got long on the Tower.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I don't think Destiny has had any significant unplanned downtime outside of hacker attacks and the scattering of people with chronic connection issues.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Oh I'm sure there's a skill differential between Destiny and DriveClub's programmers as well. I'm just saying that running out of server capacity would have been a conscious decision rather than an unexpected outcome if the DriveClub team had just, you know, done an open beta and seen the actual, factual, real-world load figures that their servers could support.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Driveclub comes with a unique time trial mode where you see just how fast you can return it

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

echronorian posted:

Driveclub comes with a unique time trial mode where you see just how fast you can return it

There's a glitch though that makes this trophy extremely difficult to get if you have the digital version.

liquorlanche
Sep 10, 2014
How does Minecraft for PS4 handle world saves? Can you have multiple worlds at once? or just one?

Also wanted to verify that it's offline multiplayer/split screen. It is, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

I'm having fun dicking around DC. Could be better but I played the thing 2 consecutive PAX's so I knew what to expect and had fun.

If online ever works I'm down for joining a club. PSN: bmb5150

If there are goddamn limits or whatever, I can create a B Club of sorts.

• Locked thread