Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

In a forum of wonderful things, that is the most wonderful thing I have ever seen on SA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sforzacio
Nov 6, 2012

ActingRhesus = ANansi

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Victor Vermis posted:

yes, they can.

I really, really hope that you just leave these drawings lying around in whatever coffee shop or classroom you draw them in for people to find later.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

DownByTheWooter posted:

I really, really hope that you just leave these drawings lying around in whatever coffee shop or classroom you draw them in for people to find later.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
thanks for yalls service of counting gasmasks or whatever dumb poo poo yall had to do

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I WISH I did something as important as counting gas masks.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Victor Vermis posted:

yes, they can.

This is true beauty.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

chitoryu12 posted:

don't maintain any of their military behavior as civilians.

This is bullshit.

Everyone maintains something. If you don't see it, its because you kept the same thing.

There is at least one thing. Some odd quirk passed off as OCD or autistic or you just don't notice it because you are too busy trying not to call your boss sir/maam/sergeant. They are never late, they dress a certain way, organize poo poo, always have the right paperwork/tools/whatever.

There is something. You never get that loving programming completely out.

And if they somehow managed to pull it off hiding it at work, their house is a Norman Bates fear factory of military organization and memorabilia. They are 100% off the loving deep end crazy and hide bodies of tranny prostitutes in their basements. Probably under a floor with their branch logo expertly crafted in mosaic tile.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Genocide Tendency posted:

This is bullshit.

Everyone maintains something. If you don't see it, its because you kept the same thing.

There is at least one thing. Some odd quirk passed off as OCD or autistic or you just don't notice it because you are too busy trying not to call your boss sir/maam/sergeant. They are never late, they dress a certain way, organize poo poo, always have the right paperwork/tools/whatever.

There is something. You never get that loving programming completely out.

And if they somehow managed to pull it off hiding it at work, their house is a Norman Bates fear factory of military organization and memorabilia. They are 100% off the loving deep end crazy and hide bodies of tranny prostitutes in their basements. Probably under a floor with their branch logo expertly crafted in mosaic tile.

Yeah it's weird. I have students who I have never met before walk into my classroom for the first time and salute me or ask if I'm in the Army. I have no idea why.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Stultus Maximus posted:

Yeah it's weird. I have students who I have never met before walk into my classroom for the first time and salute me or ask if I'm in the Army. I have no idea why.

Not what I am saying. I am saying there is something. Some little part of the military mind gently caress that everyone keeps.

I could start down a list, and if a vet won't fess up, their friends/family/co-workers would sit there and call them out on at least some of it.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Stultus Maximus posted:

What the gently caress?

Must be an Army thing. All of the guys I was in the Marine Corps with, who went back to school, hide that poo poo like the plague unless they've got some kind of stupid stamp tattoo on their arm or someshit. They actually prefer for people not to know because their professors always end up coming their way with ethical/moral/conflict related questions.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Genocide Tendency posted:

Not what I am saying. I am saying there is something. Some little part of the military mind gently caress that everyone keeps.

I could start down a list, and if a vet won't fess up, their friends/family/co-workers would sit there and call them out on at least some of it.

No, I mean I'm a teacher and 6th graders I never met see me and know I'm a vet.

LCL-Dead posted:

What the gently caress?

Must be an Army thing. All of the guys I was in the Marine Corps with, who went back to school, hide that poo poo like the plague unless they've got some kind of stupid stamp tattoo on their arm or someshit. They actually prefer for people not to know because their professors always end up coming their way with ethical/moral/conflict related questions.

I wasn't even in the Army. I was in the Navy. And I'm talking like within ten seconds of walking into my classroom they sarcastically salute me or ask if I was in the Army. I don't know if it's my posture or physical fitness or what.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Stultus Maximus posted:

No, I mean I'm a teacher and 6th graders I never met see me and know I'm a vet.

I wasn't even in the Army. I was in the Navy. And I'm talking like within ten seconds of walking into my classroom they sarcastically salute me or ask if I was in the Army. I don't know if it's my posture or physical fitness or what.

Do you teach near a base?

Because if you do, and there are a lot of military shits running around, they see something their dad/mom does.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Just tell people your were in prison for four years.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Just tell people you sucked off sailors for $5 a load outside the gate.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Stultus Maximus posted:

High and tight/crew cut? That's a dead giveaway more often than not.

I grew a beard and people stopped asking if I had been in at some point.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Cojawfee posted:

Confirming the people I knew in the military that were from Montana are weirdos.

Joined the Army from Montana, confirmed

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
thinking really hard about it because I kind of felt like I hide it well but realizing I don't, my thing is I can't loving get away from calling people older than me sir or ma'am.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I tend to carry things in my left hand even though I am right handed. Have to be able to salute the non-existent officers. :patriot:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

LCL-Dead posted:

What the gently caress?

This is pretty much my experience. I wound up sitting next to like 3 other Marines in my Gallic Wars class that I never knew were even vets until I heard one of them mention his buddy got married to some ugly fat chick in Jacksonville. I just turned and looked at him in horror and asked "North Carolina?". It was in that moment we all knew each others suffering and shame

Bolow fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Oct 10, 2014

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Larry Parrish posted:

do you wear the OEF baseball cap with the american flag on it too
The power of the multicam cap is real bro. Peep this status a friend of mine who recently just got out of the army posted last week:

quote:

There's a squid in uniform here at Red Robin in Monroe... He was rockin his cover indoors and saw me in my multicam hat with my deployment IR flag staring at him. He took that thing off real quick. If there's one thing I hate more than Seaman its Seaman who wear their goddang uniforms in public. Idc if you just got off work, go home and change out of that poo poo you POG...

sforzacio
Nov 6, 2012

godDANG

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

Bolow posted:

This is pretty much my experience. I wound up sitting next to like 3 other Marines in my Gallic Wars class that I never knew were even vets...

Except you all ended up sitting next to each other... It's like a magnet. Same thing happened when my husband went back to school... at orientation, unbeknownst to each other, all the GI Bill students ended up at the same table.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Cole posted:

The power of the multicam cap is real bro. Peep this status a friend of mine who recently just got out of the army posted last week:

Wanna see him get decked by a seal irl

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Speaking of students, we had a Marine from Hawaii doing his exams today; he's a lift supervisor for the most part and he's getting his OSHA certification and some extra training. For some reason his superiors had him signed up to get certified on the large (over 75 ton) cranes....when his job only requires about 20 ton cranes at the most.

Of course, he wasn't able to handle the boom length for the large course and ended up failing the practical exam pretty badly and he may or may not get to come back next month to retry on the medium. So that was a waste of money for the Marines.

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~

Larry Parrish posted:

do you wear the OEF baseball cap with the american flag on it too

Do you not? I and a couple of my buddies affectionately refer to it as our "Civilian Hat"

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
My favorite is when grown rear end men care desperately about what the other dudes are wearing, with no intention of hitting on the other man.

iceslice
May 20, 2005

Wasabi the J posted:

My favorite is when grown rear end men care desperately about what the other dudes are wearing, with no intention of hitting on the other man.

I don't understand why people wear uniforms off post. You're just making your self a target for anyone who wants to take advantage of the military, or your family. This is especially true in airports or shopping malls. Grabbing lunch real fast and going back to work I understand, but driving to your home is dumb. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I won't be the one they go after so I'll never know if its true. Now I need to go update the ERB on the back of my truck.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Wasabi the J posted:

"OMG, did you see that Applejack cosplayer? With hooves like that, I might finally be tempted away from unicorns for a while. Mmmmmm."

-Wasabi the J

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

clop clop clop

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
My favorite is when grown rear end men watch a cartoon for little girls about ponies and secretly want to gently caress them all.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

iceslice posted:

I don't understand why people wear uniforms off post. You're just making your self a target for anyone who wants to take advantage of the military, or your family. This is especially true in airports or shopping malls. Grabbing lunch real fast and going back to work I understand, but driving to your home is dumb. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I won't be the one they go after so I'll never know if its true. Now I need to go update the ERB on the back of my truck.

In Israel it is common for soldiers to wear their uniforms home. Some fast-food places will give discounts to soldiers in uniform. Also otherwise cops might look askance at your assault rifle, which you are also expected to carry home on leave.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Mike-o posted:

My favorite is when grown rear end men watch a cartoon for little girls about ponies and secretly want to gently caress them all.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Absurd Alhazred posted:

In Israel it is common for soldiers to wear their uniforms home. Some fast-food places will give discounts to soldiers in uniform. Also otherwise cops might look askance at your assault rifle, which you are also expected to carry home on leave.

:tutbutt:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

someone get an apple for mr ed over here

DrunkMidget
May 29, 2003
'Shag'd Wo'bram?" -Borra

She can see my al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade anytime.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Found in the OSHA thread:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

That's a golden oldie. He didn't survive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

That's a golden oldie. He didn't survive.

Looks like he is full of pelvis and intestine soup.