Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Hazdoc posted:

If you trust what drunk thetans say, well, I have a titan to sell you.

Technically, most of the guilty parties aren't in Theta anymore; they're in Freedom Squad. :eng101:

(Note that Professor Tor Coolguy's Third Law of Conservation of Autism continues to apply.)

zombie303 posted:

He shot himself in Space Court.

Every time I see Space Court, I think of Night Court, and I mentally picture Harry Anderson portraying Scooter McCabe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Source your pictures :colbert:

Valar Morghulis
Jul 20, 2014

All Men Must Die

So I resubbed for a month to post on the forums thread about jump changes. All the while racking up ISK though the IWANTISK gambling site referrals. I have quite a few and some of them actually play so I make around 100m every couple days, so basically I've been logging in and hitting withdraw every so often.

Today :ccp: decided to ban all 5 of my accounts (4 of which are unsubbed) for 7 days due to "buying ISK."

I haven't even logged in game, I've only logged in forums. How and where in the actual physical gently caress do they get their logic from??

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Widestancer posted:

This is actually a really good system and I wish other games would look at this. Having either pushover guards or not being able to do anything to anyone else at all is no fun. I'm impressed and legitimately can't wait to try this out.

Blowing up barges is mostly a way to troll pubbies and amuse yourself (though it can actually be pretty good practice for some of the mechanical aspects of the game as well), but the leniency in policing means you can play as an honest-to-god space pirate. When a ship dies, everything in its cargo has a 50/50 chance of surviving the destruction and remaining in its wreck where it can be looted by anybody (stealing from the wreck of someone you murdered can make you a legal target to anybody, but vigilantes are very rare). Some people don't really get what kind of game they're playing and stuff everything they've ever earned into slow, fragile transport ships which they autopilot down obvious shipping lanes.

There are quite a few people who make their livings off this.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Valar Morghulis posted:

So I resubbed for a month to post on the forums thread about jump changes. All the while racking up ISK though the IWANTISK gambling site referrals. I have quite a few and some of them actually play so I make around 100m every couple days, so basically I've been logging in and hitting withdraw every so often.

Today :ccp: decided to ban all 5 of my accounts (4 of which are unsubbed) for 7 days due to "buying ISK."

I haven't even logged in game, I've only logged in forums. How and where in the actual physical gently caress do they get their logic from??

That'll teach you to RMTer :colbert:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Voyager I posted:

Blowing up barges is mostly a way to troll pubbies and amuse yourself (though it can actually be pretty good practice for some of the mechanical aspects of the game as well), but the leniency in policing means you can play as an honest-to-god space pirate. When a ship dies, everything in its cargo has a 50/50 chance of surviving the destruction and remaining in its wreck where it can be looted by anybody (stealing from the wreck of someone you murdered can make you a legal target to anybody, but vigilantes are very rare). Some people don't really get what kind of game they're playing and stuff everything they've ever earned into slow, fragile transport ships which they autopilot down obvious shipping lanes.

There are quite a few people who make their livings off this.

This is the kind of thing - the blowing up pubbies who think they're safe for a living - that makes me want to try EVE out. Then I remember what the game seems to actually be like to play, and I don't want to try EVE out anymore, though this thread is at least regular entertainment.

dotalchemy
Jul 16, 2012

Before they breed, male Mallards have bright green/blue heads. After breeding season, they molt and become brown all over, to make it easier to hide in the brush while nesting.

~SMcD

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Source your pictures :colbert:

EVE Online, 2014.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Uh oh, I've been found out.

Also, who are you in game so I know who to kickI'm talking to.

I'm the guy that drunk-applied to the [S-L] group with a gloriously american application reason, then noticed his mistake, apologized to Andski and STILL got bunched in with all the non-drunk doofuses in the public shaming broadcast.
He even redacted part of my application reason so the broadcast would fit.

No justice, no peace. :colbert:

/edit:
My application to the leadership group is apparently still pending. :lol:

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Oct 9, 2014

Sir_Substance
Dec 13, 2013

Valar Morghulis posted:

How and where in the actual physical gently caress do they get their logic from??

Falcon wont to tell you, in case you try and use his logic to argue with him.

Valar:0 Falcon:1 :laugh:

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Sir_Substance posted:

Falcon wont to tell you, in case you try and use his logic to argue with him.

From experience, using Falcon's logic against him will only lengthen the ban. Questioning his sexuality or bringing up that he used to stalk "women" in RP channels will also, not end very well. In fact, anything you can do to rouse his anger will never actually be forgotten and he will use that against you the next time you cross whatever imaginary rule boundary he can conjure up.

Always just take the Ban in stride and act as though it was just someone trying to get a rise out of you.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Oct 9, 2014

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Rhymenoserous posted:

Progression is a thing. But it's basically going from "People think I'm cute because I'm new!" to learning to rat for your own money, to becoming embittered because you know far too much about the FC's home life, how many times their dog can bark in an hour, and sexual preferences.

It has nothing to do with what spaceships you can fly.

No grinding XP afk mining while accumulating SP, no progression :colbert:

Valar Morghulis
Jul 20, 2014

All Men Must Die

On the bright side if my ban gets reversed they might give me something.
Still, I have no loving idea where they get the RMT thing from. I'm space-poor 99.9% of the time. :iiam:
Even with the referrals the ISK seems to vanish in to thin air whenever I get it.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Valar Morghulis posted:

On the bright side if my ban gets reversed they might give me something.
Still, I have no loving idea where they get the RMT thing from. I'm space-poor 99.9% of the time. :iiam:
Even with the referrals the ISK seems to vanish in to thin air whenever I get it.

Its possible the account that was sending you the ISK was related to RMTing, and you were suspected to be a buyer. If that's the case, you should probably also be holding whoever was giving you that ISK responsible, as they most likely got banned too.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Hazdoc posted:

Its possible the account that was sending you the ISK was related to RMTing, and you were suspected to be a buyer. If that's the case, you should probably also be holding whoever was giving you that ISK responsible, as they most likely got banned too.

This is most likely the case; although usually getting a 7 day ban isn't something that happens to a first time offender- normally they just reverse the transaction and overdraw your space wallet if that's what it comes to (which is a real bitch to sort out apparently).

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Yeah because there's a lot of poo poo you straight up can't do. Like sell the character haha because people have to send you isk which you don't have so it goes poof

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just get a loan in excess of your negative balance and then do something that earns you the money to pay it back. Or run off with the money if you didn't borrow from gsf/cfc I guess.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

You can't be sent money and you can't sell stuff. You have to actually earn the isk to get you back in the black.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Elmnt80 posted:

You can't be sent money and you can't sell stuff. You have to actually earn the isk to get you back in the black.

Are you sure about the first part? I thought the only reason you can't sell stuff is because you lack the funds to cover broker's fees and taxes, but there shouldn't be any barrier to just being given ISK by another character. AFAIK, the CCP-approved way of working around a negative wallet is to buy PLEX with rl money, sell them with an alt, and transfer the ISK to the negative balance main.

Valar Morghulis
Jul 20, 2014

All Men Must Die

That's the strange thing. They've even banned my old accounts I haven't used since 2 years ago.
I've never bought ISK. They did however seem to think I did buy ISK cos I scammed a gently caress-tonne ages ago (2010). They apparently said the mark has been removed, and yes it was a bitch for them to put my wallets back into the positive. So them actually reversing the negative and removing the proverbial "black mark" would make me think that they saw they were in the wrong.

However, 7 day banned for current active 5 accounts, and 7 day ban for un-subbed 4 accounts never used since 2010, which only have some useless high-sec ganking alts.

Judging by what jEveAssets tells me I seem to have nothing confiscated.

Also, they're terribly slow to respond. At this rate they'll respond after the 7 day ban is over.

:ccp:

Innominate
Sep 2, 2004
The Innominate

You're not an Eve veteran until you've taken a bogus ban.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Hazdoc posted:

Also the fact that you randomly log in every few days, click a button, and *poof* you have more ISK. No market transactions or nothing. I'm sure that looks pretty fishy on their end.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

gently caress you all I just logged back into EVE for the first time in over 60 days to update my training queues to add in the *poo poo you should have before Phoebe drops* gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress :bang:

EVE hurts us because it loves us, right?

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

orange juche posted:

*poo poo you should have before Phoebe drops* gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress :bang:

Such as? :raise:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Siets posted:

Various jump cloning skills, going to need to add JDC V to one of the accounts because it doesnt have it, etc. Mobility enhancing skills to somewhat counteract the heaping pile of bullshit coming in a couple weeks. Infomorph Synchronizing V and Advanced Infomorph Psychology IV are two that stand out, because you are going to be jump cloning a LOT to get from A-B, or at least to be in the right neighborhood.

Not gonna resub yet, still ticking on cancelled sub time, I've got 3 months left on both accounts. The other 3 were paid with either PO2 or plexed, and expired. It's :effort: to bother loving with those as they were mainly just personal cyno characters, and a whole loving lot of good jump drives will do us post patch, huh :v:

orange juche fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Oct 9, 2014

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
So one thought that I've had regarding the mobility changes for cap ships: is that it's going to be nearly impossible to actually take a region of space from someone who already has supercapital presence there because... you can't get your own supercapital fleet there to actually duke it out with them. :downs:

Am I missing something, or is null about to get even more stagnant than it already is?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Siets posted:

Infomorph Psych to 5
Infomorph Sync to 4
Adv. Infomorph Psych to 4
Interceptors if you can't already fly them

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Siets posted:

So one thought that I've had regarding the mobility changes for cap ships: is that it's going to be nearly impossible to actually take a region of space from someone who already has supercapital presence there because... you can't get your own supercapital fleet there to actually duke it out with them. :downs:

Am I missing something, or is null about to get even more stagnant than it already is?

The idea is if you are fighting a very large empire, you hit where their supercaps aren't. Today, that is impossible, since supercaps can cross the galaxy very quickly. Post-Phoebe, it isn't.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Siets posted:

You've pretty much hit it on the head, supercaps are going to be functionally useless, however IIRC Phoebe will also roll sov structure HP changes, which should theoretically reduce the need for Supercaps Online™

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

ullerrm posted:

Not really, it's meant to be sparse and isolated and force you to live out of POSes. It sucks balls, and nobody lives there unless it's out of one of the NPC stations.

Venal's not much better, mind you -- of all its stations, only two are really viable for staging due to being within jump range of lowsec (not anymore, though!). At least Venal has good rats/missioning, unlike GW.

I lived in GW! Out of a POS. When I was a noob. Losing an endless series of ratting ravens to TRI nano-soloboats. I have no idea how I kept playing this game.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I roamed through GW once, it was so sad empty and desolate then, that hasn't changed :newlol:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Xolve posted:

This is most likely the case; although usually getting a 7 day ban isn't something that happens to a first time offender- normally they just reverse the transaction and overdraw your space wallet if that's what it comes to (which is a real bitch to sort out apparently).

They changed their policy on this recently, first time offender for buying isk gets a 7-day ban.

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

orange juche posted:

I roamed through GW once, it was so sad empty and desolate then, that hasn't changed :newlol:

And it probably never will...

It is pretty great for exploration though.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
GW was where EVE Uni pvp'ers went to experience null :ohdear:. When I first started playing, I would roam there or Syndicate. GW was almost always dead outside a few systems. People used it to rep their sec status to engage in more lowsec PVP.

So, are the jump changes going in exactly as proposed or have the CSM, players, moderated those in any way?

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
I have a sneaking suspicion that the structure HP changes are going to take things go from Supercaps Online, to taking sov being closer to stealing an ESS. Emergent gameplay! Wulfpax! Small independent groups in null!

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Syndic Thrass posted:

I have a sneaking suspicion that the structure HP changes are going to take things go from Supercaps Online, to taking sov being closer to stealing an ESS. Emergent gameplay! Wulfpax! Small independent groups in null!

let me tell you about my hel wulfpax

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Syndic Thrass posted:

I never thought of that, but it could be interesting if done well. Even having to effectively bubble yourself to do sovereignty-related tasks could make for interesting choices.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Some time ago someone mentioned that CCP had introduced tackling frigates to the FW missions, meaning that you can't burn through easily with a bomber anymore. Is that true? Has anyone worked out a way to keep using bombers to run these missions, maybe an extreme-range fit? I noticed that Amarr seems to have rebounded to T3, and was thinking or re-upping my FW account to make some money on it, but only if the bomber-thing still works.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Glory of Arioch posted:

Infomorph Psych to 5
Infomorph Sync to 4
Adv. Infomorph Psych to 4
Interceptors if you can't already fly them

I've never actually gotten around to training interceptors until this. Interceptor IV finished yesterday. Now I can fly interceptors if I ever actually log in to do something besides reset my PI farms.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Ashcans posted:

Some time ago someone mentioned that CCP had introduced tackling frigates to the FW missions, meaning that you can't burn through easily with a bomber anymore. Is that true? Has anyone worked out a way to keep using bombers to run these missions, maybe an extreme-range fit? I noticed that Amarr seems to have rebounded to T3, and was thinking or re-upping my FW account to make some money on it, but only if the bomber-thing still works.

This was me actually that noted this. I lost multiple Manticores to Gallente FW mission before finally going "gently caress this" and unsubbing the alt account.

I had pretty good skills on my bomber. T2 torps, AWU IV, max shield skills, level 4 missile support skills, etc. I felt it was almost near the tippy-top of what you could do with a bomber alt. The fit I used was the same fit as in the OP of the FW Boogaloo thread or whatever.

The problem with Gallente FW missions is the jamming rats. Even at 80-90 km range with an ECCM II fit, the rats would still successfully jam me and shut off my DPS juuuuust long enough for the tackling frigates to close onto me. Once you get tackled, you're basically hosed since you can't escape them fast enough to escape all the incoming DPS. I lost maybe three Manticores this way before giving up and decided it was no longer worth the effort.

What I imagine you could try is some kind of cap-stable MWD fit that allows you to race the tackling frigates and slowly plink them down with torpedoes (heh.) While this would in theory work, in practice it would be extremely slow-going and soul-crushing (at least for me.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Siets posted:

This was me actually that noted this. I lost multiple Manticores to Gallente FW mission before finally going "gently caress this" and unsubbing the alt account.

I had pretty good skills on my bomber. T2 torps, AWU IV, max shield skills, level 4 missile support skills, etc. I felt it was almost near the tippy-top of what you could do with a bomber alt. The fit I used was the same fit as in the OP of the FW Boogaloo thread or whatever.

The problem with Gallente FW missions is the jamming rats. Even at 80-90 km range with an ECCM II fit, the rats would still successfully jam me and shut off my DPS juuuuust long enough for the tackling frigates to close onto me. Once you get tackled, you're basically hosed since you can't escape them fast enough to escape all the incoming DPS. I lost maybe three Manticores this way before giving up and decided it was no longer worth the effort.

What I imagine you could try is some kind of cap-stable MWD fit that allows you to race the tackling frigates and slowly plink them down with torpedoes (heh.) While this would in theory work, in practice it would be extremely slow-going and soul-crushing (at least for me.)

Why not fly an assault frig?

I'm not trying to troll if it's a dumb question, I legitimately wondered this.

• Locked thread