Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

computer parts posted:

Cities are fairly compact; you could probably make great distance with subsonic speeds (it's like 760MPH or 1200 km/hr).

I think they mentioned in the pilot that he would have to hit 700MPH in order to unravel that cyclone, something they weren't sure he could do and which he just barely managed to achieve - So I'm not sure he can actually break the sound barrier - at least not yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Grodd (I know).

Or the Top.

Given what we've seen, I will be shocked if Grodd doesn't make a proper appearance on the show. And I'm not just talking about the cage.

Now Gorilla City, OTOH, probably won't be turning up.

Narcissus1916 posted:

So if I want to read great Flash comics that were written in the last 20 or so years, I should start with Geoff Johns' revamp on Wally West from the 2000s, right? Especially given that Geoff Johns has a hand in the show itself.

Just want to get a brief sense of how the flash is mainly portrayed, since i'm only familiar with his appearances in animation and team books.

Geoff Johns's initial run is pretty solid superhero stuff, but he's gone downhill over time and I wouldn't recommend his second, more recent run on the book. Mark Waid's first run is excellent.

If you want goofy old comics and to see a lot of the villains that will turn up in a different form, you can get Showcase Presents: The Flash volumes pretty cheap.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Oct 9, 2014

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Looks like they are going to be pulling quite a bit from Rebirth as well.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Lord Bude posted:

I think they mentioned in the pilot that he would have to hit 700MPH in order to unravel that cyclone, something they weren't sure he could do and which he just barely managed to achieve - So I'm not sure he can actually break the sound barrier - at least not yet.

Yea I actually really like that Flash will (likely) have to 'grow' as a speedster. The aides being all 'oh poo poo going 700 could just fuckin kill you' was really neat, I wanna see The Flash push himself hard to do badass things like sonic booms, at least in this early stage.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

BTW the Reverse Flash costume looks loving outstanding.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea I actually really like that Flash will (likely) have to 'grow' as a speedster. The aides being all 'oh poo poo going 700 could just fuckin kill you' was really neat, I wanna see The Flash push himself hard to do badass things like sonic booms, at least in this early stage.

I also liked Ramon being all :smug:"Yeah, my suit can totally take supersonic speeds."

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Kibayasu posted:

What's Flash's equivalent to Green Arrow's boxing glove arrow as the dumb thing they should put in but never will because its dumb?

The speed force

E: sorry, didn't see the "should put in", they should never put in the speed force

hangedman1984 fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Oct 9, 2014

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Considering they've said there will be time travel, Cosmic Treadmill looks guaranteed to be showing up eventually.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Dead Snoopy posted:

Considering they've said there will be time travel, Cosmic Treadmill looks guaranteed to be showing up eventually.

In this new era of The Flash it'll look more like a hamster ball, though. Future tech.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Drifter posted:

In this new era of The Flash it'll look more like a hamster ball, though. Future tech.

Honestly most anything would be an improvement so yea, bring on the hamster ball.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Victor Garber has been cast as Martin Stein

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

I read that at first as Martin Sheen

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE

It's 2014 and I'm watching a show with the Reverse Flash and FIRESTORM in it. Life is beautiful. :allears:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Solaris Knight posted:

It's 2014 and I'm watching a show with the Reverse Flash and FIRESTORM in it. Life is beautiful. :allears:

Wait until Gorilla Grodd shows up. I wonder if they are going to get an appearance by Michael Rosenbaum at some point, since the show seems to be really respectful of its past incantations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

He'll first appear in episode 112? I know it's good to plan ahead but still...

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Bruceski posted:

It got good ratings and assume it will be getting a full 22 season order if it hasn't already. If it didn't get a full season yet, its usually for 13 episodes so it makes sense that they are casting for those episodes at this point.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

bobkatt013 posted:

It got good ratings and assume it will be getting a full 22 season order if it hasn't already. If it didn't get a full season yet, its usually for 13 episodes so it makes sense that they are casting for those episodes at this point.

The joke was that it appeared as though the show was planning one hundred and twelve episodes in advance. The correct response to this would be, "What can I say? This show sure moves fast!"

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Edit: well gently caress...

Bruceski posted:

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you said, you think he'll be in the one hundred and twelfth episode.

No, the way they number episodes is this: 112 means season 1 episode 12.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

22 season order :monocle:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Error 404 posted:

Edit: well gently caress...

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you said, you think he'll be in the one hundred and twelfth episode.

No, the way they number episodes is this: 112 means season 1 episode 12.

That's pretty obvious in hindsight. I hadn't seen shows referred to this way (usually S1E12 in the places I encounter it at all) so I thought I was poking fun at a typo.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
gently caress me that was a good episode of TV.

After 10 years of Smallville and the current run of Gotham, this was amazing.

It's like they've finally twigged to the idea of "hey, there's like 30+ years of good stories and characters that millions of people enjoyed, lets just turn them into a TV show".

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Andy Mientus is Pied Piper

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Solaris Knight posted:

Now all we need is for Caitlin to awaken her powers and we can have another spin-off

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I hope they keep the thing that makes him really interesting. Its not what is mentioned in the article, as they are keeping him close to his comic book personality.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Oct 9, 2014

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It'd be cool to go back to 2006 and tell yourself what the state of superhero media would be in 2014.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Barry could do that.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE

bobkatt013 posted:

Wait until Gorilla Grodd shows up. I wonder if they are going to get an appearance by Michael Rosenbaum at some point, since the show seems to be really respectful of its past incantations.

Go full tilt. Make Grodd be voiced by Rosenbaum. He could totally do it. :colbert:.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

BrianWilly posted:

There are some big ol' spoiler images from set floating around and even describing them is gonna be a spoiler, so to help y'all decide if you want to look, here's a description of the spoiler that isn't actually a spoiler but will probably spoil anyway: a thing that everyone thinks is happening is in fact happening, and much faster than you'd think.

Here if you want to see them.
The facial expression on http://www.imagebam.com/image/e4b0a6356536820 is priceless.

And yeah, Reverse/"Evil" Flash's costume looks amazing.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

I really hope they go with Professor Zoom over Reverse or Evil Flash. Bring the camp!

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

bobkatt013 posted:

I hope they keep the thing that makes him really interesting. Its not what is mentioned in the article, as they are keeping him close to his comic book personality.

Yeah, I hope he blows up a planet, too.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Yeah, I hope he blows up a planet, too.

The show must go on!! I was referring more to Him reforming

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

hangedman1984 posted:

I read that at first as Martin Sheen

I would pay good money for Martin Sheen to be a regular on a show again. Although he'd probably fit best in something like Shield.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

bobkatt013 posted:

The show must go on!! I was referring more to Him reforming

I knew exactly what you were talking about, I am just continually and infinitely amused that Pied Piper casually blew up a planet in the comics because COMIC BOOKS.

But yeah, there's a couple of unique aspects of Piper's character amongst Flash Rogues and it'd be nice if he stuck to it. It really differentiates him from the rest.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

The Lord Bude posted:

I would pay good money for Martin Sheen to be a regular on a show again. Although he'd probably fit best in something like Shield.

Yes, but it would have been really weird to hire another actor to play him.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Lord Bude posted:

He is. On Anger Management.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

He's either the best father in the world, or wished on a monkey's paw.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

I meant on a good show, not some lovely sitcom with a chronic charlie sheen infestation. American comedy is dreadful 90% of the time. I know there must be a certain appeal to working with your son but good god is Martin Sheen slumming it. He should be embarrassed to be associated with a show like that.

The guy spent 7 seasons on one of the most sophisticated, intelligent shows in modern television history.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Martin Sheen should show up on US House of Cards, because it's the basically the antithesis of West Wing.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Two Tone Shoes posted:

I knew exactly what you were talking about, I am just continually and infinitely amused that Pied Piper casually blew up a planet in the comics because COMIC BOOKS.

But yeah, there's a couple of unique aspects of Piper's character amongst Flash Rogues and it'd be nice if he stuck to it. It really differentiates him from the rest.

The part is was by playing queen. Funny that is something Grant Morrison used in the main series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I'm holding out for this guy, myself.

• Locked thread