Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Ral exists at all points in time and space simultaneously. :cthulhu:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sindai posted:

I forget, does Ramba Ral work at that school or something or are we to assume that he just wanders around it regularly?

As near as we can tell Ramba Ral is just a crazy wandering old man who appears whenever a Gunpla Battle is happening.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Bloody Pom posted:

Ral exists at all points in time and space simultaneously. :cthulhu:

I like it.

Not sure if its been covered already, but based on this horrible google translate it looks like Ramba Ral's voice actor is replaced from episode 5 and onwards due to him being ill. Hope he recovers quickly.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Caros posted:

You know what just occurred to me. Why the gently caress does Ramba Ral know the name of the Build Burning Gundam?

It's been a full seven years since Build Fighters, and Ramba Ral was a friend of the family. Sei probably showed it to him at some point.

DookieSandwich
Nov 14, 2012
I wonder if praying mantis guy is going to get a team together to get back at Fumina and shut down the Gunpla club. Maybe Sazaki's sis will be in cahoots with him.

DookieSandwich fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Oct 9, 2014

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

DookieSandwich posted:

I wonder if praying mantis guy is going to get a team together to get back at Fumina and shut down the Gunpla club.

That's pretty much already guaranteed from what we've seen of the promo material.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

DookieSandwich posted:

I wonder if praying mantis guy is going to get a team together to get back at Fumina and shut down the Gunpla club. Maybe Sazaki's sis will be in cahoots with him.

Sazaki's sister already has her own team.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's been a full seven years since Build Fighters, and Ramba Ral was a friend of the family. Sei probably showed it to him at some point.

Kousaka also seemed to recognize it, so perhaps Sei didn't just build it, but used it for a time.

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Kousaka also seemed to recognize it, so perhaps Sei didn't just build it, but used it for a time.

It seemed like he recognized it more on "that suit's performance is just like what Sei makes," rather than "oh hey, I recognize that appearance."

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
I just want Ral to still inexplicably be 35 years old in spite of 7 years passing. :allears:

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

He's Ramba Ral. He goes where he wants, when he wants, at the pace he wants. If he wants to not age a day in seven years, are you going to tell him no?

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
I like how the cockpits have color-coding for the condition of your model, now. Watching Mantis' Enact go from 100% to RED ALERT in a single punch emphasizes how crippling the attack was. Also, neither the Dom nor the P-GM-C took any notable damage until Fuuma started shooting.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

MechaCrash posted:

He's Ramba Ral. He goes where he wants, when he wants, at the pace he wants. If he wants to not age a day in seven years, are you going to tell him no?
If this is Gundam Valhalla, Ramba Ral is a valkyrie.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sindai posted:

If this is Gundam Valhalla, Ramba Ral is a Ralkyrie.

:colbert:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Irisize posted:

It seemed like he recognized it more on "that suit's performance is just like what Sei makes," rather than "oh hey, I recognize that appearance."

Yeah, he flashed back to the Star Build Strike when he freaked out. My bet's on his decision to not Gunpla Battle anymore being related to Sei in some way.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Gonna go with "Sei took my dearest sister away"

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Yuuma freaked out while the Dom's armor was still breaking, so I think he actually did know what was coming. I half expect it to be that Sei intended for him to inherit the Build Burning, he just never figured out where it was.

Why does a message notification play while the Build Burning is popping out?

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Episode 5 is going to be the Obari-est.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

BlitzBlast posted:

Yuuma freaked out while the Dom's armor was still breaking, so I think he actually did know what was coming. I half expect it to be that Sei intended for him to inherit the Build Burning, he just never figured out where it was.

Why does a message notification play while the Build Burning is popping out?

Yuuma didn't freak out. He just got more serious when Sekai continued to charge him. He was surprised as everyone else when the Build Burning appeared.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
There was some kind of weird Plavsky particle hax going on during the reveal, which stood out to me. Look at the damaged parts of the Dom and how they start glowing from within; that's definitely not normal. And when Yuuma finally did finish off the outer shell, he blew a hole clean through the Dom's torso; yet there wasn't a scratch on the Build Burning Gundam itself. Finally, even if Sei is a master modeler, it strikes me as odd that nobody noticed anything unusual about the Dom when the were handling it. Sei noticed something odd about China's Beargguy III (the cotton, though he didn't seem to know what it was at the time, just that something felt off about how the model moved) the first time he handled it, but somehow neither Sekai nor Fumina noticed that there was another model inside the first model?

I'm really curious to hear the eventual explanation for what exactly the hell was up with that.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I suspect the answer to your question is don't ask questions.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I am pretty sure neither Sekai nor Fumina are anywhere near Sei's level of OCD builder.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Did Fumina ever get her hands on it? I can't remember. It was the first time Fumina ever saw gunpla before, so he may not have known how much they weigh or how they are supposed to handle.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Monaghan posted:

Did Fumina ever get her hands on it? I can't remember. It was the first time Fumina ever saw gunpla before, so he may not have known how much they weigh or how they are supposed to handle.

She didn't even know they had a Dom since it was inside the trophy.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Monaghan posted:

Did Fumina ever get her hands on it? I can't remember. It was the first time Sekai ever saw gunpla before, so he may not have known how much they weigh or how they are supposed to handle.

Yeah, I'd be willing to give the both of them a pass on that aspect, mainly because Sekai's never really handled Gunpla before, and the one time I can think of that Fumina actually was in physical contact with it was when she accidentally tackled Sekai to try and catch it before it fell off the field. Given that she was distracted by that, it'd make sense that she might not notice anything odd about the model itself.

The weird glowing from the battle damage and lack of any damage on the Build Burning despite the Dom having a hole blown clear through its torso still strike me as odd, though. I'm just going to assume that this is this season's "Reiji suddenly started glowing and vanished" moment and that it'll be explained in due time.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

She didn't even know they had a Dom since it was inside the trophy.

I'm thinking of the time when the dom fell out of bounds, but on reflection, I don't think she ever got her hands on it.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
The only thing I noticed about the Dom that looked off was the blue and yellow bit on the torso.

And the fact that it started running when it entered the field. But that was fixed in the next couple of seconds.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Really the weirdest part of the Build Burning is how its animation model has RD-like proportions. It looks nothing like its profile picture, or its HG.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ImpAtom posted:

I hope we get a custom Tallgeese this season. I mean we had one last season but it didn't last long. :smith:

A little late but that thing was barely custom. It was a Tallgeese II with III's shoulders and I's legs.

Put some effort into Tallgeese it's only THE BEST UNIT.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Oct 9, 2014

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

A little late but that thing was barely custom. It was a Tallgeese II with III's shoulds and I's legs.

It did have III's gun though, but yeah I'd love to see a tallgeese that's a legit custom.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

mr. stefan posted:

It did have III's gun though, but yeah I'd love to see a tallgeese that's a legit custom.

Well there is this glorious thing already.:allears:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

A little late but that thing was barely custom. It was a Tallgeese II with III's shoulders and I's legs.

On the other hand, why try to mess with perfection?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

chumbler posted:

On the other hand, why try to mess with perfection?

because

Zedd posted:

Well there is this glorious thing already.:allears:

Even the glory of god can be polished.

Personally, I kind of want to see an all close-range/melee focused Tallgeese. Tallgeese Knight.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I liked the Tallgeese Valkyrie, it added the one thing that Tallgeese clearly needed. More verniers.

As for the weird glow, I honestly thought Sei built the Dom with the RG system in it, but then the Build Burning exploded out. Maybe the Build Burning has the RG system in it? It'd certainly work out well with Sekai's fighting style.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Personally, I kind of want to see an all close-range/melee focused Tallgeese. Tallgeese Knight.

Talgyase?

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

What we need is the Tallgyan.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Tallgexia.

Caros
May 14, 2008

W.T. Fits posted:

Yeah, I'd be willing to give the both of them a pass on that aspect, mainly because Sekai's never really handled Gunpla before, and the one time I can think of that Fumina actually was in physical contact with it was when she accidentally tackled Sekai to try and catch it before it fell off the field. Given that she was distracted by that, it'd make sense that she might not notice anything odd about the model itself.

The weird glowing from the battle damage and lack of any damage on the Build Burning despite the Dom having a hole blown clear through its torso still strike me as odd, though. I'm just going to assume that this is this season's "Reiji suddenly started glowing and vanished" moment and that it'll be explained in due time.

It is possible that the system was set up only to register damage to the Dom despite the fact that the Build Burning is inside of it, the same way that the system didn't register any of the Build Burning's equipment or gear when he was initially using it.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Four. One in each table leg :eng101:.

Table itself is a mobile armor

Apologies for necroquote, just starting thread.

Actual content: would anyone like to figure out how best we can organize a campaign to vote in Tequila Gundam? http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2014-10-08/cast-your-vote-for-your-favorite-gundam-to-appear-in-gundam-build-fighters-try/.79702

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

chumbler posted:

Tallgexia.

Tall Gamazing

• Locked thread