Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
univbee
Jun 3, 2004

More than anything I'm just surprised at how brazen Ubisoft is being. The stuff they're saying reeks of the kind of thing that could seriously sour their relationship with Sony, I'm a bit surprised Sony hasn't stepped in yet to tell them to cut that poo poo out, since they've done it for way less, and I wouldn't blame Sony for smacking a company that isn't making use of the resources they're given for the sake of their competitor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Organs posted:

forza 6 will be out next year it'll be interesting to see what the game's like after all the backlash they got

If they fix their obvious gently caress ups there's no reason that it shouldn't be excellent really.
They should keep that fuckin crowd though just for shits and giggles

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

peter gabriel posted:

If they fix their obvious gently caress ups there's no reason that it shouldn't be excellent really.
They should keep that fuckin crowd though just for shits and giggles

i hope they include a button so that i can flip back and forth between the old crowd and new crowd, for the nostalgia

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

i hope they include a button so that i can flip back and forth between the old crowd and new crowd, for the nostalgia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbPuDq0hvKI

Are you on the development team?

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

univbee posted:

More than anything I'm just surprised at how brazen Ubisoft is being. The stuff they're saying reeks of the kind of thing that could seriously sour their relationship with Sony, I'm a bit surprised Sony hasn't stepped in yet to tell them to cut that poo poo out, since they've done it for way less, and I wouldn't blame Sony for smacking a company that isn't making use of the resources they're given for the sake of their competitor.

What is Sony gonna do? Take away their license and give MS a ton of lovely exclusives?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

What is Sony gonna do? Take away their license and give MS a ton of lovely exclusives?

I'm pretty sure situations not unlike the scenario we're going through now are explicitly spelled out in contracts and probably take the form of penalties like fine withheld from profits, or less prominent advertising on the console dashboard or some such thing.

Or not even necessarily directly penalizing them, but still making steps to fix things, like how Microsoft reached out to Blizzard to correct Diablo 3's resolution on the Xbox One. It's possible this is happening in a behind-the-scenes way we don't know about, though, I suppose.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Crafty posted:

Reviews don't mean everything but titanfall is better than those shite games.

Nah Destiny is best, sorry. One of them has a population two weeks after launch. :ssh:

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

univbee posted:

I'm pretty sure situations not unlike the scenario we're going through now are explicitly spelled out in contracts and probably take the form of penalties like fine withheld from profits, or less prominent advertising on the console dashboard or some such thing.

Or not even necessarily directly penalizing them, but still making steps to fix things, like how Microsoft reached out to Blizzard to correct Diablo 3's resolution on the Xbox One. It's possible this is happening in a behind-the-scenes way we don't know about, though, I suppose.

I could see multiplatform game devs being at a "gently caress we're tired of talking about this" point and just making a call to make everything the same so they don't have to spend press time talking about it?

Not quite sure it worked out that way though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Maneki Neko posted:

I could see multiplatform game devs being at a "gently caress we're tired of talking about this" point and just making a call to make everything the same so they don't have to spend press time talking about it?

But then they talk about doing that so people wont talk about it which causes people to talk about it even more.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Maneki Neko posted:

You don't make one version worse than it could be because you're "tired of people talking about it."

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

Yeah, I am hyped as heck for Crackdown and Scalebound, but considering that they havent even shown real footage of either of them I wouldnt bet on either of them being out within the next 12 months.

Fable is fairly soon i think. And the beta thing starts in like a week.

I hope the new Crackdown is more like the first one than second. I also hope it isn't insanely short.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone grabbed the new Alien yet? I dislike first person games, but really like Alien.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the game itself is supposed to be good but i have no clue about the bone port

Shonuff
Sep 26, 2007
White like Frank Black is

Soonmot posted:

Has anyone grabbed the new Alien yet? I dislike first person games, but really like Alien.

I'm a few hours into the game on PS4. Love it so far. Big fan of Alien(s), and the world design is pretty faithful to the original film. The game is incredibly tense but fair warning: there's no autosaving (you have to seek out save terminals) and it's inevitable that the xeno will kill you (many times).

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Shonuff posted:

I'm a few hours into the game on PS4. Love it so far. Big fan of Alien(s), and the world design is pretty faithful to the original film. The game is incredibly tense but fair warning: there's no autosaving (you have to seek out save terminals) and it's inevitable that the xeno will kill you (many times).

Do you think it'll have replay value? Survival horror games tend to be more rental type games for me since once you've beaten it, there's no more reason to play.

Shonuff
Sep 26, 2007
White like Frank Black is

Soonmot posted:

Do you think it'll have replay value? Survival horror games tend to be more rental type games for me since once you've beaten it, there's no more reason to play.

There's some kind of "survivor" mode but I have no idea what it involves. Supposedly the game lasts for about 15-20 hours. I wouldn't normally pay full price for something like this but I've waited forever for a decent Alien game, and I was sold on the idea of being hunted by a xeno with unpredictable AI.

Like I said I'm only a few hours in, but I have no regrets at this point.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Shonuff posted:

There's some kind of "survivor" mode but I have no idea what it involves. Supposedly the game lasts for about 15-20 hours. I wouldn't normally pay full price for something like this but I've waited forever for a decent Alien game, and I was sold on the idea of being hunted by a xeno with unpredictable AI.

Like I said I'm only a few hours in, but I have no regrets at this point.

Thanks! I'll probably wait until it goes on sale or I can pick it up used then. I've got weeks before I tire of SoM and can always go back to D3.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Titanfall was an online only game that launched with 4 games modes.
loving 4.

If you played it for 2 hours you had seen it all. It was pretty poo poo. It was also ugly as hell.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

CheeseFactory posted:

loving 4.

If you played it for 2 hours you had seen it all. It was pretty poo poo. It was also ugly as hell.

It was oooooook(ish) - what was there was fun, there just didn't seem to be a whole lot of it.

It did look like poo poo though yeah, although the art direction wasn't bad.

There is no one playing on PC any more but I think that says more about the huge choice people have more than anything else regarding PC FPSs

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

http://valleywag.gawker.com/microsoft-ceo-tells-women-not-to-ask-for-a-raise-at-wom-1644473757

Article regarding comments made by the CEO of that company that makes Xbox posted:

“It’s not really about asking for a raise, but knowing and having faith that the system will give you the right raise,” Nadella told a confounded (and predominantly female) audience at the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing on Thursday.

Ascribing to mortals the fictional abilities of comic book heroes, Nadella advised that women embrace their innate "super powers" and confidence, and trust a system that pays women 78% less than men.

Speaking to Maria Klawe, a computer scientist, Harvey Mudd College president and a member of Microsoft' Board of Directors, Nadella seemed to suggest that "faith in the system" is akin to magic. "That might be one of the initial 'super powers,' that quite frankly, women (who) don’t ask for a raise have," he told the straight-faced Klawe. "It’s good karma. It will come back.”

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

CheeseFactory posted:

loving 4.

That's just your opinion! You're biased. You don't understand, reviews mean nothing. But titanfall reviewed better than all these other games.

There ya go Crafty. Saved you a post.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Nnnnnnnnnnnnfff awe yeaaaaaaaa there it is

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Nierbo posted:

That's just your opinion! You're biased. You don't understand, reviews mean nothing. But titanfall reviewed better than all these other games.

You're makin me froth man

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

I cannot parse corporate speech at all. Is this today's new low or what?

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
what a jackass

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Nodelphi posted:

I cannot parse corporate speech at all. Is this today's new low or what?

It's the CEO of Microsoft telling a women computer scientists' convention to know their place. You tell me.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Sir Unimaginative posted:

It's the CEO of Microsoft telling a women's labor rights convention to know their place. The gently caress do you think?

Whoa man. Have you ever considered your negative vibes might be preventing yourself from achieving a raise? Get some more Good karma man.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Microsoft chat thread is here:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3648105

or here:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3665998

But just to close the loop so people can get back to whining about PEAS and UbiSoft being literally worse than Hitler:

Maneki Neko fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Oct 9, 2014

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

Sir Unimaginative posted:

It's the CEO of Microsoft telling a women computer scientists' convention to know their place. You tell me.

I don't know, Cortana apparently did well enough to afford implants.

Realtalk: Tech corporate culture in general is pretty reprehensible.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
I can't load Gawker at work. Can someone paste in the quote?

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

quote:

"That might be one of the initial 'super powers,' that quite frankly, women (who) don't ask for a raise have," he told the straight-faced Klawe. "It's good karma. It will come back."

Yeah I'm not convinced by his Twitter apology lol

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
LOL that's just flat out feudalism. God will grant you what is yours, peasant. Don't bother us aristocrats with your petty demands.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Maneki Neko posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3648105

or here:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3665998

But just to close the loop so people can get back to whining about PEAS and UbiSoft being literally worse than Hitler:

So everyone should be working at base pay with no chance of a raise?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Maneki Neko posted:

Microsoft, a poo poo company, made the xbone, a poo poo console.

The chat is perfectly valid here.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Just believe in the xbone and it will achieve parity.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Haquer posted:

Microsoft, a poo poo company, made the xbone, a poo poo console.

The chat is perfectly valid here.

He's just saying we shouldn't rock the boat and just need to go with the flow and maybe if we'd show off our gams a little more and not say that things should be better that would be great.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

univbee posted:

He's just saying we shouldn't rock the boat and just need to go with the flow and maybe if we'd show off our gams a little more and not say that things should be better that would be great.

tits or gtfo

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Nierbo posted:

Thanks but my riposte would have been more along the lines of

Infamous was a single player only game that launched with 1 game mode.
loving 1.

If you played it for 2 hours you had seen it all. It was pretty poo poo. It was also boring as hell.

The day one playlist hoppers for the master chief collection are here: http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/10/09/halo-the-master-chief-collections-launch-day-multiplayer-playlists-revealed-ign-first

A nice mixture.

Also no one cares about Satya Nads keynote, Phil Spencer is the king of Xbox.

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

REVIEWS DON'T MEAN ANYTHING

*uses reviews as a metric*
Reviews don't mean everything but when 53 'professional critics' deem your game to be no better than a 7 out of 10, and there are legit websites like giant bomb giving you 4 out of 10, it's probably time to manage your expectations. Or find a trade in offer and buy forza horizon 2 instead.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Maneki Neko posted:

tits or gtfo

yea yea we know you all want to play halo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Crafty posted:

'professional critics'