Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
I don't normally get riled up about lovely remakes, but this sounds loving horrendous: http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-10-08/meet-the-cast-of-the-new-dads-army-film

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

That cast owns though.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
It is okay.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

quote:

The film will see the Home Guard in 1944 readying themselves to invade France

So that'll be the entire point of the Home Guard completely missed, then. Good start, chaps. The clue is in the name!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Trin Tragula posted:

So that'll be the entire point of the Home Guard completely missed, then. Good start, chaps. The clue is in the name!

Yeah, that is pretty loving dumb.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
It's a sticom film, you send them on holiday to France. It's the formula they keep coming back to and it keeps failing them.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Thats not the plot, thats a mistake in the Radio Times.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Taff, what do you think of Victoria Coren?

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Victoria Coren is actually forums user Paperhouse?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Rarity posted:

Taff, what do you think of Victoria Coren?

Shes too posh, and everytime I see her Im reminded of her brother who I hate. Ive read two of her books and neither were very good.

Although I do find her attractive but her voice is a bit too posh

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The Big Taff Man posted:

Thats not the plot, thats a mistake in the Radio Times.
"The Way to the Stars starring Michael Redgrave. Duh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh British airfield."

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo

The Big Taff Man posted:

Shes too posh, and everytime I see her Im reminded of her brother who I hate. Ive read two of her books and neither were very good.

Although I do find her attractive but her voice is a bit too posh

We really have to stop mixing up "posh" and "intelligent" in this world. It's quite annoying.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

thehustler posted:

We really have to stop mixing up "posh" and "intelligent" in this world. It's quite annoying.

She is a bit posh though.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Coren ruined Heresy. For this she shall not be forgiven.

And she's definitely posh.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Captain Mediocre posted:

Victoria Coren is actually forums user Paperhouse?

Wait, really?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

thehustler posted:

But she sounds posh?

You can sound posh and sound stupid - say Hugh Laurie in Blackadder the 3rd, or posh and intelligent like Stephen Fry

I wouldnt say Victoria Cohen sounded intelligent, she sounded posh, and a bit boring.

Tho as I previously mentioned, I wouldnt kick her out of bed. Unless there was some ironing to do, and I needed a shirt for work the next day.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

PriorMarcus posted:

Wait, really?

Yes, Paperhouse is also Jordan from Bake off and also he's Mike who was browsing a catalogue of Thai brides on some programme on 4od

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

The Big Taff Man posted:

Tho as I previously mentioned, I wouldnt kick her out of bed. Unless there was some ironing to do, and I needed a shirt for work the next day.

Just buy an ironing board, I'm surprised ironing on the bed gets out any creases at all.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

josh04 posted:

Just buy an ironing board, I'm surprised ironing on the bed gets out any creases at all.

:golfclap:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

For future reference, please don't kick people out of bed, they might bang their head on the corner of the bedside cabinet and this is how episodes of Casualty happen.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Bobby Deluxe posted:

For future reference, please don't kick people out of bed, they might bang their head on the corner of the bedside cabinet and this is how episodes of Casualty happen.

If this was Casualty, the bedside cabinet would also contain a pot of boiling water, a drawer dedicated to broken glass, and it would be limed with several pounds of high explosives.

Their current storyline is peak Casualty. They said they were going to kill a major character, then had 4 of them in a car crash. The character who died? A paramedic who showed up later then the car exploded.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Bobby Deluxe posted:

This is making me think of me in an episode of Casualty kicking Victoria Cohen out of bed and its a lovely thought

It would be a great follow up to the last time I was on TV, when a picture of me was held up by Zig and Zag because I'd sent in some hand drawn pictures of them. That day I went into school as a megastar, because everyone used to watch the Big Breakfast. The headmaster came up to me and asked if I could bring the pictures in for assembly the next day, and I said yes but inside I was panicking because I didnt have the pictures - I'd sent them into Zig and Zag! So I had to spend all that evening drawing them again, and the next day I got called up infront of the whole school and for that day I was the coolest kid in school

Please other people share your experiences of being on TV, maybe Paperhouse could chip in with that time he was on embarrassing bodies.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

The Big Taff Man posted:

This is making me think of me in an episode of Casualty kicking Victoria Cohen out of bed and its a lovely thought

It would be a great follow up to the last time I was on TV, when a picture of me was held up by Zig and Zag because I'd sent in some hand drawn pictures of them. That day I went into school as a megastar, because everyone used to watch the Big Breakfast. The headmaster came up to me and asked if I could bring the pictures in for assembly the next day, and I said yes but inside I was panicking because I didnt have the pictures - I'd sent them into Zig and Zag! So I had to spend all that evening drawing them again, and the next day I got called up infront of the whole school and for that day I was the coolest kid in school

Please other people share your experiences of being on TV, maybe Paperhouse could chip in with that time he was on embarrassing bodies.

Wasn't the last time you were on tv in the background at the wrestling

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

Wasn't the last time you were on tv in the background at the wrestling

Oh yeah I forgot about that.

The last timne I was on tv was actually when I went to watch wrestling and I took a photo of a female wrestlers and didnt realise i was on camera

Ive even got a gif, but its not of me taking the photo (im in the pink and black)

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
My company was laying off 600 worldwide, 200 in our place, and I was on RTE News (Ireland's main TV station) walking out of the local off license with a bottle of whiskey in hand back into work.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

The Big Taff Man posted:

Oh yeah I forgot about that.

The last timne I was on tv was actually when I went to watch wrestling and I took a photo of a female wrestlers and didnt realise i was on camera

Ive even got a gif, but its not of me taking the photo (im in the pink and black)

lol wasn't there one with you holding your phone up at them?

gorki
Aug 9, 2014

Oben posted:

The sweaty man (who has a permanant :stare: face and awful tattoos) and the father from the Kumars (who is supposed to be a scary gangster) were trying to steal drugs from the hospital. Someone spotted them, and Mr Kumar took everyone hostage.

:stare: man got shot protecting someone, and the pregnant doctor crying on him is his sister-in-law, who he knocked up when they thought his brother had been killed by another gangster (but was actually in a coma). During that time, :stare: covered up his brother's "death" and tricked her into aborting his brother's baby.

The two sweaty people in the lift had just had sex after the power was cut off during the siege. The man had been dating the fat woman's sister until her sister's ex-boyfriend got out of prison after 14 years inside for something he hadn't done. Their police officer mother had set up the ex after he got her (then 14 year old) daughter pregnant, and raised the baby as her own with her secretly gay husband (until they were murdered by the ex a few months ago).

Gosh, thanks for that. Sounds like they are an Egyptian mummy and a gem storyline away from being a US soap :geno:

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

lol wasn't there one with you holding your phone up at them?

I thought so, but I cant find it.

happyhippy posted:

My company was laying off 600 worldwide, 200 in our place, and I was on RTE News (Ireland's main TV station) walking out of the local off license with a bottle of whiskey in hand back into work.

This is brilliant

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
Victoria Coren's hair is a bit poo poo.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The Big Taff Man posted:

One day I'm going to compile your posts in this thread into a free leaflet giveaway for Nuts magazine.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Whenever Rarity says something where Im not sure if Im being insulted or not I check my little notebook and oh hello "Rarity believes The Only Way is Essex is the best show ever" and suddenly I dont feel so bad.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

If this was Casualty, the bedside cabinet would also contain a pot of boiling water, a drawer dedicated to broken glass, and it would be limed with several pounds of high explosives.

Their current storyline is peak Casualty. They said they were going to kill a major character, then had 4 of them in a car crash. The character who died? A paramedic who showed up later then the car exploded.

And it was glorious, especially considering sister show Holby City is incredibly dopey as of late.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The Big Taff Man posted:

Whenever Rarity says something where Im not sure if Im being insulted or not I check my little notebook and oh hello "Rarity believes The Only Way is Essex is the best show ever" and suddenly I dont feel so bad.

I feel like only seasons 1-4 truly catch the oeuvre

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Rarity posted:

I feel like only seasons 1-4 truly catch the oeuvre

I just looked it up and its run for 13 seasons so far, jesus christ.

Also I cant watch Holby City or Casualty as medical scenes I find really hard to watch. I never have a problem with horror films or shooting and killing, but show me someone undergoing an operation and I feel queezy. I also hate the bits in Embarrassing Bodies when they show someone (Paperhouse?) having surgery to fix their extra large testicles / excess skin / weird pussing eczema

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

The Big Taff Man posted:

I want to believe you've got a little book with all the UK TVIV posters names in it, complete with a little description of them and whether or not you have a grudge against them.

Bet it's got "Keep Out" stickers pasted all over it and one of those little diary locks you can break with a hairpin. :3:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Irisi posted:

I want to believe you've got a little book with all the UK TVIV posters names in it, complete with a little description of them and whether or not you have a grudge against them.

Bet it's got "Keep Out" stickers pasted all over it and one of those little diary locks you can break with a hairpin. :3:

I've read it. You don't want to see what it says about you :ohdear:

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Irisi posted:

its not that fancy tbh

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Nothing about Charlie Brooker's hair on there, disappointed.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

NaDy posted:

Nothing about Charlie Brooker's hair on there, disappointed.

That's probably on the front of the diary, he only showed us the back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Oh god my sides. Never stop Taff.