Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

Austrian mook posted:

EU gets a demo and not NA? :wtc:

Nobody has said NA is not getting a demo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.
Hey, speaking of knockoffs, I was able to get this pro controller a while ago on Amazon for pretty cheap. Everything was rife with Japanese text, but it works fine with my NA Wii U. I just want to make sure I just got a Japanese pro controller or if I got some odd knockoff.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Bayonetta 2 demo is the prologue, which is a lot of fighting basic enemies and 2 boss fights. So about 10 minutes all told.

AND IT'S SO GOOD so I'm gonna wear out the 15 uses very quickly.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

Just picked up Hyrule Warriors. I've only played through the first two stages on Legend Mode so far but man it's pretty fun. It feels a lot more fast paced than the usual Warriors/Musou games I've played though the last one I played was one of the Gundam ones so I don't know how much has changed since then. Either way, I'm digging its so far.

Also, the music is amazing.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

NA friends, the Bayonetta 2 demo is up.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Shlapintogan posted:

RUNNING TO MY WIIU!

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Shlapintogan posted:

It's really freakin' good. I'm probably going to spend one of my uses just messing around in the tutorial zone practicing combos on the training dummy.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

Shlapintogan posted:

Downloading it now.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".
What is this 'uses' talk re: bayonetta? Can you only play through the demo a limited number of times before it self-destructs?

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Civil posted:

What is this 'uses' talk re: bayonetta? Can you only play through the demo a limited number of times before it self-destructs?

15 times, apparently. Please don't play the prologue 15 times through before getting the whole game though, unless you love repetition. People posted about playing the Smash demo for 30 hours or whatever I guess.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother
Yeah, it's a pretty standard nintendo thing. A lot of people freak out when they hear about it, but then realise they only play a demo 2 or 3 times at most usually. And if you play it more than that, you're probably going to buy it anyway.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

It's also worth mentioning that if you don't exit the demo, you don't expend a use. So if you want to play multiple times, just start again after you reach the end.

15 times should be more than enough, though.

Doug Dinsdale
Aug 31, 2003

Shorts
Comfy: {Yes}
Easy to Wear: {Yes}
Alright, we're good to go! :neckbeard:

HJE-Cobra posted:

However, in September, HORI announced they're coming out with a similar controller, which can be preordered on Amazon.

That Hori looks a lot like the ones Club Nintendo Japan used to offer long ago. (Though the Hori apparently has rapid-fire, etc.)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Honestly can't remember playing a demo more than once since I was a teenager and they came on discs on the front of magazines so the limit never bothered me.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

Doug Dinsdale posted:

That Hori looks a lot like the ones Club Nintendo Japan used to offer long ago. (Though the Hori apparently has rapid-fire, etc.)

I'm still unsure about what to do regarding Mario-themed Classic Controllers. I've preordered a Mario and a Peach one from PDP, and obviously I gotta keep the Peach one preordered for my wife to match her Peach Wiimote. So logically I'd want to have a Mario controller to match my Mario Wiimote, and also a PDP one to match my wife's controller.

But that HORI one sure looks like a reproduction of a Gamecube controller, and HORI is known for making quality stuff...

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Hey, one of my close friends at Twitch had a birthday recently and he got a Bayonetta 1 code for the eShop from someone who got Bayonetta 2 early. Does this go against recent reports that it comes on a disc?

Doug Dinsdale
Aug 31, 2003

Shorts

HJE-Cobra posted:

But that HORI one sure looks like a reproduction of a Gamecube controller, and HORI is known for making quality stuff...

I can vouch for Hori's quality.
I've bought their controllers for SFC, PS2, and GC (their SFC pad for GC is especially great--and honking expensive now, aiyiyi), and they've always matched (and bettered in Sony's case) the originals in build quality and endurance. I've also bought screen protectors galore from them.

They sound like a fun company to work for--their interviews in Famitsu over their weird-rear end controllers were bizarrely funny.
Like the time they tried to make fuzzy controllers. They tried to apply "fur" to plastic (I've seen toys with this stuff. Like stubbly GI Joe hair.) because they didn't like the cold feel of plastic. So, they investigated and discovered that applying furry stickers to controllers didn't work, so they arrived at the conclusion that the plastic itself would have to be furry. The way they achieve GI Joe hair (someone find me a better example) is that they apply glue to the area to be fuzzy, then apply static electricity so the fuzzy hair sticks onto its surface standing straight up. As one might well imagine, the fur doesn't stay on very well. GI Joe develops balds spots. "It didn't take half an hour before they became unbearable to see." But, Hori plowed on. Made a whole bunch of prototypes for all the hardware of the day. Eventually they gave up, "We arrived at the conclusion that we can't do this using present-day technology." ...I guess they haven't given up.
There's tons more of that sort of weirdness from Hori.

Hori also makes cheap wind fans and other household appliances, or used to way back.
In the early 90s, I had a fan made by them, and busted the plastic prop out of my own carelessness.
I called them and inquired about replacement parts, and they turned out to be the nicest people ever, being all apologetic that I should have to go through the trouble of calling them and having to pay for the reasonably priced replacement part. #fanforlife

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax

Sakurazuka posted:

Honestly can't remember playing a demo more than once since I was a teenager and they came on discs on the front of magazines so the limit never bothered me.

Same. Demo discs were so abundant that the mere variety superceded my interest to access a full game. ONLY 90s KIDS GET THIS: being placated by renting different games every week.

mamelon fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Apr 7, 2015

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

noirstronaut posted:

Hey, one of my close friends at Twitch had a birthday recently and he got a Bayonetta 1 code for the eShop from someone who got Bayonetta 2 early. Does this go against recent reports that it comes on a disc?

The retail release is two games on disc in a single case. The eShop release has them as separate purchases/downloads but owning one gets you a discount on the other to bring the total price to $60 for both.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Sakurazuka posted:

I ended up never buying the first Tony Hawk game (until a couple of years ago anyway) because me and my friend were totally content with playing the demo forever.

superman best song warehouse best stage

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Doug Dinsdale posted:

yeah I'd probably kill someone for that Wario controller

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

mabels big day posted:

yeah I'd probably kill someone for that Wario controller

Thanks to the internet, you don't have to!

You just have to be willing to drop half a grand :ssh:

Doug Dinsdale
Aug 31, 2003

Shorts

Holy poo poo.
You just made my day.
I had no idea.
I just checked Rakuten, and there's none there. The last anyone had one was for 90 bucks.
None on Amazon Japan, too.

And, wow, the little gold Mario statue they gave to platinum members is now worth around a hundred.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Doug Dinsdale posted:

Holy poo poo.
You just made my day.
I had no idea.
I just checked Rakuten, and there's none there. The last anyone had one was for 90 bucks.

And, wow, the little gold Mario statue they gave to platinum members is now worth around a hundred.

can you buy me one too while you're at it?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Doug Dinsdale posted:

Holy poo poo.
You just made my day.
I had no idea.

Oh yeah, that reminds me I need to put my Hyrule Warriors scarf I won from Nintendo on ebay...

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Bayonetta 2 is very over the top ridiculous. The game isn't really my style, but I think I'll be picking it up.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Bayonetta 2 demo was crazy amazing. I love that the second boss fight is the demon you summon to win the first boss fight, and also the demon you always summoned to end boss fights in Bayonetta 1.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BapVf3fVN6Y

Captain Toad trailer. Toadette is a playable character! :dance:

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
It looks like we'll be getting some Captain Toadette action as well.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
"Over 70 levels", good to know. Hopefully they put up a decent challenge, the ones they've shown so far don't seem especially tough.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Captain Toad and a Boo both cowering in front of each other is the most adorable thing

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

So the Hori gamecube controller, is that going to need the adapter the official nintendo one is going to need, or is it a tricked out pro controller?

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Evil Canadian posted:

So the Hori gamecube controller, is that going to need the adapter the official nintendo one is going to need, or is it a tricked out pro controller?

I thought it was supposed to plug into a wiimote.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

JordanKai posted:

Oh that looks super great! :3:

I hope they're still sticking to their lower price point (I think they were gunning for $40?) because paying the full price for that would be a little rough considering how simplistic the game looks.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Evil Canadian posted:

Pretty sure it's a Wii Classic Controller, so it'll probably need to be tethered to a wiimote.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Yeah, looks like they're going for 40 bucks, the yens on the trailer sorta convert to that

JordanKai posted:

oh gosh :3: This game looks so adorable

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
Yeah, the $40 price point was confirmed with the game's NA release date in the PR a few days ago.

When Captain Toad drops in Japan, I am probably going to just avoid every site I go to until I get my hands on it. It's one of those games that I want to have the chance to surprise me.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

Captain Toad is one of those games I'm weirdly excited for. I liked the levels in Super Mario 3D World, but they didn't blow me away. For some reason though a whole game of them sounds insanely appealing. The $40 price tag doesn't hurt either.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

JordanKai posted:

"Kinopio Taicho!" Just fantastic.

Since Amiibo support has been announced for this game I better see a Captain Toad figurine come January. You hear me, Nintendo? I'm 30 years old and I want that goddamn toy! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

RVWinkle posted:

I thought it was supposed to plug into a wiimote.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Pretty sure it's a Wii Classic Controller, so it'll probably need to be tethered to a wiimote.

Oh, I thought the oldschool wii classic controller was not compatible with the Wii U? Or is it just certain games then?

• Locked thread