Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
huhu
Feb 24, 2006
Since I don't get to get the camera in :catdrugs: Panama :catdrugs:, let's get it to :effort: Boston :effort: for after September 2015.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
I come here today to share with you the first leg of a project designed to enhance your shitcam user experience...

Imagine if you will...

You find your self in a "situation", it has been minutes since someone's inane pixel babble has slid through the "post reply" screen
like a burrito through a moderator's colon.
This will not stand!
You reach into your bag and point the shitcam down the street at a sportsball game.
Nope won't do, the action is staler than the bread you forgot to throw out last week.
Whirling around, the viewfinder clenched tightly against your one good eye.
You spy an English hog being devoured by men in boring outerwear.
Not today limey.
Now running towards the corner you slide into position, on your knees in the very same spot your mother met all of the guys that might be your father.
Pulling the camera to your face just as a generic classic car rolls through the intersection, like the endless parade of "uncles" that would stay the night once and never be seen by your hopeful adolescent eyes again and stop...

The frame counter blinks "0".
No more shots left on the XD card.
Your stalwart companion in this journey, through the hellish nightmare you call your life, has finally given up on you.
Just like all those girls in college that came back to your dorm room and left unsatisfied.
You tried to tell them how important Anime really was if they were going to "get" you.
They find you weeping, a bitter broken shell of a man, all because you didn't remember to clear off the shitcams card before going out.

Not anymore! Ladies and Gentlemen and Whitezombi, I give you the new and improved shitcam.

I gaffer taped a 256mb XD to the side of it. Pretty cool right?

8th-snype fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Oct 3, 2014

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

8th-snype posted:

I come here today to share with you the first leg of a project designed to enhance your shitcam user experience...

Imagine if you will...

You find your self in a "situation", it has been minutes since someone's inane pixel babble has slid through the "post reply" screen
like a burrito through a moderator's colon.
This will not stand!
You reach into your bag and point the shitcam down the street at a sportsball game.
Nope won't do, the action is staler than the bread you forgot to throw out last week.
Whirling around, the viewfinder clenched tightly against your one good eye.
You spy an English hog being devoured by men in boring outerwear.
Not today limey.
Now running towards the corner you slide into position, on your knees in the very same spot your mother met all of the guys that might be your father.
Pulling the camera to your face just as a generic classic car rolls through the intersection, like the endless parade of "uncles" that would stay the night once and never be seen by your hopeful adolescent eyes again and stop...

The frame counter blinks "0".
No more shots left on the XD card.
Your stalwart companion in this journey, through the hellish nightmare you call your life, has finally given up on you.
Just like all those girls in college that came back to your dorm room and left unsatisfied.
You tried to them how important Anime really was if they were going to "get" you.
They find you weeping, a bitter broken shell of a man, all because you didn't remember to clear off the shitcams card before going out.

Not anymore! Ladies and Gentlemen and Whitezombi, I give you the new and improved shitcam.

I gaffer taped a 256mb XD to the side of it. Pretty cool right?

:eyepop:

You will still never overcome the "cover appears to be fully open but is in fact 1/32" from being fully open and the camera doesn't work" feature.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
omg i have a 1g xd card?! bring poo poo cam to portland.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
They make 1GB xD cards?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

http://www.amazon.com/Olympus-Type-xD-Picture-Card-200495/dp/B0009EUSYU yes

e. 2gb isn't even that pricey http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...BE1Z7GCWS1NJHF7

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
It was just a joke about xd cards sucking

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc

HookShot posted:

XD cards sucking is not a joke, they really are bad (mlmp).

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

HookShot posted:

and i was calling your bluff

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
MrDespair does not joke about sucking.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
I've now shot a couple rolls around town, and probably will shoot another on the weekend, so NEXT WEEK I want it pass it on to the next goon.

So if anyone south of Singapore wants the camera please post here! Otherwise it's off to alkanphel.

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Someone felt sorry enough for me to change my custom title.
I'm in, but see if there is anyone else on the east coast who wants it next.

rohan
Mar 19, 2008

Look, if you had one shot
or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted
in one moment
Would you capture it...
or just let it slip?

:siren:"THEIR":siren:

I don't have any exciting plans for the next while but I'm sure I'd regret not getting in on this DICPIX action.

Spedman, are there any neutral meeting spots you'd want to do a shifty handover? I work in Collingwood and live in Northcote but I'll take anything more specific to PMs.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Just a reminder: you don't need to be planning anything out of the ordinary or exciting or vacation-y or weird or artshowesque to give the AE-1 a shot. Any of those things are of course good photofodder, but I'm looking for a glimpse of your world, full of wonder or full of boredom (or, in the case of the digishiticam, or shitidigicam, or whatever it's called, a world full of poo poo).

I live in by some measures one of the most boring places on Earth; suburban Sydney or after-hours Helsinki or traffic gridlock in L.A. are all pretty exotic compared to here.

Photos during a handover, especially a shifty one, are very welcome!

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
SHITCAM UPGRADE PROGRAM: PHASE 2

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Baron Dirigible posted:

I don't have any exciting plans for the next while but I'm sure I'd regret not getting in on this DICPIX action.

Spedman, are there any neutral meeting spots you'd want to do a shifty handover? I work in Collingwood and live in Northcote but I'll take anything more specific to PMs.

I work in Carlton so we could do a handball of the camera in Fitzroy next week sometime. I don't have PMs so hit me up at tdjames82 at gee mail so we can keep the camera moving. Good thing being that the awesome high speed colour film that VomitOnLino put in wont be x-rayed before the next goon has a chance of shooting it.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

8th-snype posted:

SHITCAM UPGRADE PROGRAM: PHASE 2

hail satan

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

:agreed:

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Ready to be passed on to Baron Dirigible today

rohan
Mar 19, 2008

or one opportunity
in one moment
Would you capture it...
or just let it slip?

The camera is mine!

Has this ortho film really been kicking around for a year without anyone shooting it? I'm really tempted but don't have a safelight. If nobody's really keen to shoot it I can put a roll through and see if nielsm's timings are anywhere near right, otherwise happy to leave it for someone with a proper dev setup.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Baron Dirigible posted:

The camera is mine!

Has this ortho film really been kicking around for a year without anyone shooting it? I'm really tempted but don't have a safelight. If nobody's really keen to shoot it I can put a roll through and see if nielsm's timings are anywhere near right, otherwise happy to leave it for someone with a proper dev setup.

I was just about to ask whether anyone had used it yet.

As long as you keep development times short and agitation low, you should be able to get a usable picture from it. Keep in mind, pouring developer in/out of the tank might be too much agitation, which is why you should lower the film into the developer.

rohan
Mar 19, 2008

or one opportunity
in one moment
Would you capture it...
or just let it slip?

poo poo, I'm ashamed this thread got to the second page on my watch.

I'm about done with the Canon, looking to bundle it up and send it off early next week. Final call for the east coast / Adelaide / Darwin / anywhere else between here and deaders!

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

That reminds me, I need the email for the tumblr for my boring Melbourne photos tdjames82 at Google

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Email sent! With slightly saucy subject line for getting all tangled up in spam filters.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

New photos are up!

Here's a few I liked

Dalax
Oct 27, 2007

Melbourne looks like the 80's. Is that all the camera?

I'm loving the fact that this thing has nearly made it one lap of the globe. Want to see a pic of the case and it's contents when it finally gets back to where it started.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

It's probably a combination of shooting Kodak Gold and just mashing the auto adjust button in Lightroom that gives it the warm VSCO style tone, and hence 80's look.

Plus the places I tend to go haven't changed their facades in decades and have a fair amount of much loved graffiti on them.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Dear 8th Sam. Come to Portland. Drop off shitcam. Tia. Don't be a bitch like rangercum.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Musket posted:

Dear 8th Sam. Come to Portland. Drop off shitcam. Tia. Don't be a bitch like rangercum.

Sorry bro this month at work has been killer. I have been working most weekends and coming to Portland on a random tuesday or some poo poo doesn't sound like much fun for you dudes with grown up jobs. I am switching to Sun-Tues day shift soon though, after that I'm free to arrange a friday night goonmeat.

(not misspelled :wink:)

8th-snype fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Nov 8, 2014

rohan
Mar 19, 2008

or one opportunity
in one moment
Would you capture it...
or just let it slip?

ExecuDork, can you please shoot me the password for the blog? PM or email rohan.bassett @ me dot com

deaders, could you email / PM me your address so I can send it on to you? Assuming no absolute last-minute takers?

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

I definitely want it but am about to get married this weekend and then will be away for a week so are you able to hold off on sending it for a week?

rohan
Mar 19, 2008

or one opportunity
in one moment
Would you capture it...
or just let it slip?

Okay I guess that's a fair excuse. Congratulations!

I can hold on to it for a bit longer, sure.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
A week or two delay is nothing, nothing at all in the context of this goonproject.

Baron Dirigible, tumblr details sent.

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Thanks! No worries, I will Pm you once I am back

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

squidflakes posted:

Houston isn't pretty but it is interesting. We've got fields with oil wells and cows mingling together along with the best sky scrapers dirty dirty energy money can buy. So, I'm going to throw in for Houston. One day here and you can go from deep country to down town in 50 miles.

I just spent a few days in the historic district of Houston (while on a Texas trip to Austin for the F1 races) and there was some interesting stuff there. Sculptures on the side of the road, art cars, old mansions and stuff. Theres a bit of hipster overflow from Austin I would imagine since its so close and its more of a liberal area of Houston.

rohan
Mar 19, 2008

or one opportunity
in one moment
Would you capture it...
or just let it slip?

The camera is now on its way to deaders!

I've thrown in some extra film including a roll of 800T I threw in a B&H order on a lark. I'll post my photos up during the week hopefully since I had time to shoot another roll up in the country, and I should have that back on Monday.

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Nice! Will let you know when it arrives

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Has piss trash camera finished hailing satan and made its way to some other unlucky soul?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

SoundMonkey posted:

Has piss trash camera finished hailing satan and made its way to some other unlucky soul?

It's currently hailing satan from the bottom of my backpack, until this holiday bs calms down and I go back to working less than five nights a week again.

• Locked thread