Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mwells_cubed
Aug 7, 2003

WOW

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I had to check to make sure in my case, but I think most of us are on surfaces. I'm on a tile floor, and my computer is on a counter in the kitchen. Neither of these let me change the scaling of graphics, so I get where you're coming from.

Yeah context is difficult to figure out, I gotcha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

mwells_cubed posted:

Yeah context is difficult to figure out, I gotcha.

Jokes sure are too.

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.

Kavak posted:

If you're willing to create your own reality based on fake news articles, you could do a lot better than standard right-wing paranoia. Change history, make up new countries, add some aliens or monsters to your world, be creative!
Let me tell you about the Good News.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I'm glad other hobbies don't do this to people.

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!

Picnic Princess posted:

Not many other hobbies out there are quite as prolific or, rather, used as a substitute for being interesting. 'I'm a gamer' is all some of these people have or care to be. At least pick up another
skill godammit, like cooking or crafting or something, cause no one really gives a poo poo when someone asks what someone does and all they can say is 'I play games.'

Pulsedragon
Aug 5, 2013

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Picnic Princess posted:

I was at a scale modelling gathering/contest thing on Sunday, and I saw a few dudes dressed like Nazi soldiers. It's not just video games. :negative:

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

Picnic Princess posted:

It could be worse. It could be Star Trek

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Shelf Adventure posted:

It could be worse. It could be Star Trek

That leads to pedophiles instead of whiny assholes on the internet.

Finisher1
Feb 21, 2008

DemeaninDemon posted:

That leads to pedophiles instead of whiny assholes on the internet.

These things aren't mutually exclusive. Just ask the TVTropes thread.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

JT Smiley posted:

You can't help but feel bad for these people who shout the end is near their entire lives and nothing comes of it.

The hell I can't.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

John Logie Baird is my god.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Koala Food posted:

Well, I tried.

Also, all aspects of sharia law is senseless. It's like 'all aspects of Rule of Law', which either means something rather vague or, as these people probably mean, every drat law ever passed within that system, a lot of which should contradict each other...

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

BonHair posted:

Also, all aspects of sharia law is senseless. It's like 'all aspects of Rule of Law', which either means something rather vague or, as these people probably mean, every drat law ever passed within that system, a lot of which should contradict each other...

America already has sharia law, it's called arbitration. Sharia law is just arbitration by the local 'holy man'.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

SybilVimes posted:

America already has sharia law, it's called arbitration. Sharia law is just arbitration by the local 'holy man'.

Get outta here with your "reason" and "facts", everyone knows Sharia law means women in burqas and mandatory conversion to Islam*.

* This is probably without exaggeration exactly what these lunatics believe.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Don't forget public stonings and child brides! :downs:

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Picnic Princess posted:

Haha, look at those ignorant dummies. Nothing like that happens in the Middle East. :rolleyes:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

LaughMyselfTo posted:

Haha, look at those ignorant dummies. Nothing like that happens in the Middle East. :rolleyes:

That makes the Middle East a loving terrible place to live, not Islam an inherently evil religion.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

That makes the Middle East a loving terrible place to live, not Islam an inherently evil religion.

True; didn't mean to detract from that point. Just get irritated by seeing such things treated as outright myths.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

LaughMyselfTo posted:

True; didn't mean to detract from that point. Just get irritated by seeing such things treated as outright myths.

Thankfully you were around to defend Islamophobia!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

:stare: The hypocrisy is strong with this one.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

LaughMyselfTo posted:

None of it happens in lovely christian nations in Africa either, what a coincidence!

:goonsay:

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Picnic Princess posted:

I missed the comment at the top the first time I looked at this. Then scrolled back up and laughed my rear end off. Thanks.

Edit: But see, she's not being a hypocrite cuz she didn't say that stupid bitch's name!

BuddyChrist
Apr 29, 2008
I know this is last page but,

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Post Your Favorite (or Request) > Idiots on Social Media: People are disposable tampons

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Picnic Princess posted:

This is so perfect

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Ignimbrite posted:

Fresh off the presses! :v:

Ha ha, somebody doesn't know how language works (hint: not like that)

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Someone else commented later something along the lines of "ha Ha faggots means bundles of sticks so you can't get offended at me :downs: :hurr:"

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I'm going to use the word "black" to describe things which reflect light in all visible frequencies, because hey, that's what it used to mean! Also, if this confuses you, that's your problem.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

BuddyChrist posted:

I know this is last page but,

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Post Your Favorite (or Request) > Idiots on Social Media: People are disposable tampons

Aren't all tampons disposable?

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

SuperHunBastard1690 posted:

Aren't all tampons disposable?

No.

I'm so sorry you had to find out like this.

Seriously though, you know how they make non-disposable diapers? That you have to wash and clean after every use?

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

No.

I'm so sorry you had to find out like this.

Seriously though, you know how they make non-disposable diapers? That you have to wash and clean after every use?

Like a mooncup or something else?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

SuperHunBastard1690 posted:

Like a mooncup or something else?

No, like a washable tampon. I'm so sorry.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Those cardboard applicators must get pretty goddamn grotty, then.

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Picnic Princess posted:

Barbaric executions you say?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/10/oklahoma-mcalester-new-death-chamber-botched-execution-lockett

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Bertrand Hustle posted:

No, like a washable tampon. I'm so sorry.

Sounds pretty green to me.

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

DemeaninDemon posted:

Sounds pretty green to me.

Yes, they turn green (and lots of other interesting fungal colors) if you don't sanitize and dry them properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

• Locked thread