Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Okay, I finally just gave up on reading thousands of ME thread pages, and just went to the last one. I am a bad D&Der sane human being. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Let me sum it up for ya:

Kurds gonna kurd, Turks gonna turk.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!
The ME thread is full of people paraphrasing Rumsfeld unironically and talking about how this group of arab terrorists are like super bad and unique and require total war.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

moller posted:

The ME thread is full of people paraphrasing Rumsfeld unironically and talking about how this group of arab terrorists are like super bad and unique and require total war.

Well, at least we have a list of the Neocons to purge shortly from the forums... :getin:

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

moller posted:

do you support genocide, moller? christian genocide? you're just like obama - a true coward. you're just too afraid to invade iraq again. oh, you're going to bring up the last few wars? :rolleyes:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Waiting for someone to unironically suggest exterminating the brutes.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

moller posted:

This was my interpretation also.

Sincere applications of the 1% doctrine.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Do you all think that people who voted for Obama in 2008 thought that he would end up using AUMF to circumvent explicit Congressional approval for a war in the Middle East?

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Now I am depressed. Aecio Neves is tied with Dilma in the runoff in Brazil. Big media is trying to hard to get him elected.
For the record, Aecio has hit his girlfriend in public, is widely rumored to be addicted to cocaine, one of his closest allies was the owner of a helicopter busted with half a ton of cocaine, and was caught drunk driving, all within the last 5 years, and the media simply ignored it. He actually sued google to have it block any searches of Aecio and cocaine.

For the record, here's the guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BixdPe_Jqxw

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Do you all think that people who voted for Obama in 2008 thought that he would end up using AUMF to circumvent explicit Congressional approval for a war in the Middle East?
do you think they care?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Absurd Alhazred posted:

The AUMF is explicit congressional approval for war in the ME.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

R. Mute posted:

do you think they care?

Only us Jews get to answer questions with questions. :jewish:

euphronius posted:

The AUMF is explicit congressional approval for war in the ME.

The AUMF is basically a blank check, as long as you can somehow rationalize that you are fighting someone who had to do with the 9/11 attacks. ISIS was not involved, but Congresspeople are letting it slide because they'd rather not have to vote for or against something in an election year. Cowardly scum.

It is not explicit. It is not "we approve a war on ISIL in Iraq and Syria due to X and until Y is achieved."

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don't care or really believe it but lots of "serious" people think IS is a off shoot or strongly related to AQ.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

moller posted:

Weird, we're seeing that in the CanPol thread, too. :canada:

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

euphronius posted:

I don't care or really believe it but lots of "serious" people think IS is a off shoot or strongly related to AQ.

One group that went on to become part of ISIS was once literally called Al Qaeda in Iraq

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

paragon1 posted:

Waiting for someone to unironically suggest exterminating the brutes.

That's the only logical solution given the constraints most people implicitly or explicitly hold any possible US action to. Outside of setting up a 19th Century style colonial government like the British Raj there is no "solution" to the Middle East that doesn't involve just killing everyone there

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Rygar201 posted:

One group that went on to become part of ISIS was once literally called Al Qaeda in Iraq

Yeah so there is your CB.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

euphronius posted:

Well, it is in the sense that it was the official Iraqi Al Qaeda affiliate until Al-Baghdadi decided he's going to expand into Syria, Az-Zawahiri told him to cut it out, to which he responded with "shut the gently caress up, DAD!"

It just doesn't seem to be related to the affiliates that actually planned or executed 9/11, so the connection is tenuous, and with all the grandstanding against AUMF from Obama just months ago, this is all kinds of pathetic.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

"If I had a totem pole of what I was interested in, I guess at the very top would be uh, WHITE GUYS, yeah, Then everything else below that, And like, below the totem pole, or whatever, would be blacks,"

-insufferable grindr date I am currently sitting next to at a bar

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

ThirdPartyView posted:

Well, at least we have a list of the Neocons to purge shortly from the forums... :getin:

Since you mentioned it, I did just give a lecture on Sulla's proscriptions earlier today...

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Berke Negri posted:

"If I had a totem pole of what I was interested in, I guess at the very top wwould be uh, WHITE GUYS, yeah, Then everything else below that, And like, below the totem pole, or whatever, would be blacks,"

-insufferable grindr date I am currently sitting next to at a bar

I thought grindr was all about the more gently caress, less talk.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Joementum posted:

:thejoke: was about a particular politician who taught there.

I forgot that Obama's prof wear was a gigantic shirt and slacks :lol:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Absurd Alhazred posted:

they just left after one drink so yeah, Killer ice breaker though

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

euphronius posted:

Yeah so there is your CB.

Paradox gamer spotted

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

SedanChair posted:

I forgot that Obama's prof wear was a gigantic shirt and slacks :lol:

He was still buying them in Hyde Park's second-hand stores at that point. Only started getting personally fitted downtown after he caught the eye of Penny P.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
That Palin brawl police report is amazing. I mean it sounded good back when we posted the initial blog reports, but good God it's way better. The local cop writing is great, too. SAT ON HER rear end etc.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
I couldn't really be sure form the report but was the Todd/Track/random people fight completely unrelated and happening at the same time Bristol started attacking the host for no reason?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Absurd Alhazred posted:

that and racism

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Is there something like grindr but backwards? As in, you find random people to talk to from your area?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Is there something like grindr but backwards? As in, you find random people to talk to from your area?

jdate

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Absurd Alhazred posted:

that was my experience with okc back in 2011 at least

still surprised that tindr has finally (seemingly) started to take off

I ran into a tindr date on Monday and the girl of the two walked away on the phone halfway through to describe the menu of the restaurant to some random friend who called

when me and the group I was with got up to leave she turned around and said to me "heyyy"

I did not know her.

tindr is what tindr get i guess

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Pretty sure that's how you find a shidduch, and that way lie marriages and children and such. Do not want.

Berke Negri posted:

that was my experience with okc back in 2011 at least

Actually did make some friends through it in the past. Left it a while ago because it was no longer useful for even that anymore.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

The only people I knew on jdate were shiksas who just wanted to find some wealthy jewish lawyer/DOCTOR who were always disappointed this plan never worked out

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jdate probably the last place you'd think to find a shiksa if you were looking for one.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I married a nominal muslim who converted to Jew and we had a Jew wedding and something something bill maher

e: we didn't meet on jdate

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Dumbest place where people go on Jdate: Israel.

Edit: although, to be fair, I think it's less about "oh, no, let's make sure we filter out the 20% or so of the population that is non-Jewish, OKCupid has too many gentiles" and more "I want an American sugar-daddy/mommy my parents will accept and will also tolerate my racism".

Absurd Alhazred fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Oct 10, 2014

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Dumbest place where people go on Jdate: Israel.

Isn't this what Birthright/Masa are for?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Israel is terrible

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
They don't drink enough, for one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002