Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Geoff Zahn posted:

I... understand some of those words :downs:

Ive never used wyrebash before. Ill check it out once I get back home. Thanks for the info!

If you need any help, ask in the thread or hit me up on steam with this same username. You'll know it's me because I have a pic of angry Victor from New Vegas as my userpic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

FadedReality posted:

Is there a simple reason that a merged patch would cause my game to crash while loading at the main menu? I didn't clean out the leveled lists or do anything past what it automatically makes but I'm also not really using a lot of overlapping mods besides unofficial patches and compatibility patches.

How recent is it? Missing master?

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

FadedReality posted:

Is there a simple reason that a merged patch would cause my game to crash while loading at the main menu? I didn't clean out the leveled lists or do anything past what it automatically makes but I'm also not really using a lot of overlapping mods besides unofficial patches and compatibility patches.

TesEdit will load a mod's masters even if the master is disabled. Check your load order against your merged patch's masters and make sure they are really all loaded.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Mr. Crow posted:

How recent is it? Missing master?

I just rebuilt it to make absolutely sure I didn't have any missing masters, or leave the bashed patch or ReProccer patches enabled. It loads in and shows the Skyrim logo and everything but instead of showing me menu options, kicks me out to desktop.

LtSmash posted:

TesEdit will load a mod's masters even if the master is disabled. Check your load order against your merged patch's masters and make sure they are really all loaded.

Will do and report back!

e: Nope, no missing masters. I guess I could go through and hand edit it but with ReProccer and all the unofficial patches it looks like a hot mess of material keywords and armor value tweaks.

FadedReality fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Oct 9, 2014

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

Agents are GO! posted:

Quite possibly. Use Wrye Bash for levelled lists, then run a merged patch, then delete the levelled lists from the merged patch and copy the ones from the bashed patch in. I leave both active, as the bashed patch does a better job with combining changes to weapons and armors too.

Would it be sufficient to just delete the lists from the merged patch and keep the bashed patch lists in the bashed patch?

This is the part of Elder Scrolls modding that hurts my brain the most.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

Agents are GO! posted:

Wheels of Lull chat:
So I got the reward from Medeliu Hammer (yes, Brhuce's dad) which is Brhuce's favorite childhood book, and it's horrible. And funny. And horribly funny. It's an extremely psychologically hosed up version of Thomas the Tank Engine.

On a serious note: How the gently caress do I kill Old Tho Mahalis? He seems to freeze up after a while and I can't do any damage...

Congratulations, you've sold me on downloading this mod. Brhuce Hammer is the only good companion mod. :allears:

Question is if I'll actually spend enough time playing instead of just downloading all of the mods.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Just gonna loving post it, because it's hilarious (to me.)

Thomas the Screaming Tank Engine And His Screaming Friends posted:

Thomas the Screaming Tank Engine And His Screaming Friends

Medeliu Hammar's Note: This Reman-era fairy tale came within the wake of the failures of the Colovian Wailways. The main benefactors of this project, the triplets of Sutch, tried to improve their public image with a series of children's books. But such titles like "The Little Engine That Couldn't Stop Screaming" and “Thomas the Scream Engine and Screaming Friends” just turned people off.

Dear Caius,
Here is your friend Thomas the Screaming Engine. He didn't want to come out of his shed, but he screamed so much that the structures cracked and fell down, killing a tramp that was sleeping inside. So now they are forcing him to work, promising to destroy him afterwards.
I hope you like them because nobody else seems to.
Your loving father.

The land of Cyrodiil is a lush tropical forest, it has bright blue rivers, endless trees, and stable political infrastructure.
The land is ruled by Sir Jacksoff Reman, the Fat Emperor. He runs the Wailway, where all his trains work hard and try to be really useful. However, mostly, they just scream a lot and hope that the gods will pity them and strike them down with divine mercy. Sometimes they also pray to daedra, like Molag Bal, but he just laughs at them.
Thomas is the least hated of all the Fat Emperor's engines, because he screams the least. Mostly he cries. He is painted with traditional colovian colors as well as the blood of the unfortunate woodland creatures who wander onto the tracks. Thomas envies them.

One day, the Fat Emperor had a special job for Thomas. He made sure that his knights tied a gag around Thomas first though, so that he could hear himself think.
"Now Thomas, there is a ship from Morrowind coming into the port of Anvil. It is carrying a large load of netch jelly for the alchemists. You are to go to the Anvil docks and collect the netch jelly and bring it to the alchemists in the Arcane University. If you do this, we might destroy you someday. Maybe. Probably not."
Thomas' heart would have filled with joy upon hearing this, but his heart had long ago been used in an alchemy experiment, and the years of torture had robbed him of any ability to feel positive emotion.
"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" said Thomas.
"Thank you Thomas, you will be a very useful screaming engine." said the Fat Emperor, who was perfectly aware that Thomas had no real will of his own, and would be operated by his fireman and mystic overseer, both of whom had silencing spells applied to the cab.

When Thomas got to the docks, he saw his friend, Percy. Percy was not actually his friend, because Thomas could no longer feel friendship, but the horrible enslavement that they had mutually suffered lead Thomas to consider Percy at the very least an ally.
"PLEASE PERCY, EVERY SECOND I EXIST IT FEELS AS IF I AM BEING FILLED WITH MOLTEN COAL!" said Thomas, who was unaware that he was actually filled with hot coal, being an engine.
"PERCY, I BEG YOU, DERAIL ME AND RIP ME TO SHREDS, LET ME DIE, FOR THE LOVE OF THE EIGHT LET ME loving DIE!" Thomas sobbed, as some of the frost salts inside him began to leak out of his body, like a baby being crushed beneath an ayelid boot for entertainment.
"THOMAS, I HAVE NO ARMS NOR WILL OF MY OWN, AND IF I DID, I WOULD USE IT TO TAKE MY OWN LIFE!" screamed back Percy, who had trouble screaming because his throat had started to bleed.
Thomas was not shocked at this revelation of betrayal, having expected nothing but agony in his life. But unfortunately, it distracted him and he left without collecting the Netch jelly! How this was possible when we established he is not in control of himself is unknown, but shut up.

When Thomas got to the Arcane University, he was screaming. He always screamed, but this time he was screaming more. He had realized he had forgotten the netch jelly! Now his small chance of ever finding peace in a quick death would be lost!
"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" screamed Thomas, when he really meant "Oh dear, The Fat Emperor shall be so cross with me!", but what he really REALLY meant was "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH".
Just then, the Fat Emperor appeared, spirited there on the wings of a golden by the grace of Saint Alessia herself.
"Thomas, you did not deliver the netch jelly to the alchemists at the Arcane Univeristy!" he said. "You were so distracted by your selfish desire to end the horrible pain you were constantly in that you were not paying attention, and you have caused confusion and delay!"
Thomas did not hear any of this because he was, of course, screaming.

Just then, in the swirling hell of fiery pain and Oblivion that was Thomas' mind, he had an idea.
"MY LIEGE, PLEASE! IN LIFE I WAS COMMANDER AVENTUS OF THE CITY GUARD! I HAVE SERVED YOU FAITHFULLY IN THE PAST! I BEG YOU SIR, MY AGONY IS TOO GREAT TO BEAR, BUT OUT OF LOVE FOR MY EMPEROR AND EMPIRE, IF I RETRIEVE THE NETCH JELLY IN A QUICK TIME, WILL YOU LET ME DIE?"
"Eh. I guess." said the Fat Emperor, who really had no plans to. But this was enough for Thomas, who raced back to the docks, running over several unwary travelers who had not been informed of the wailway's nature or establishment. There, Percy had screamed so hard his boiler had exploded, hot coal getting everywhere like bits of viscera. Unfortunately, this was not enough to kill Percy, it had just stopped him screaming. The crowd cheered when this happened. But Thomas thought Percy had succeded in taking his life. Thomas believed that if he worked hard enough, he too would be mutilated. For once in the awful bit of time that was his life, Thomas permitted himself to feel hopeful.
"THAT WILL BE ME!" Thomas thought to himself, as he raced back to the Arcane University. When he got there, the Fat Emperor and the alchemists were waiting.

The Fat Emperor beamed.
"Thank you Thomas," he said. "You are a really useful engine that screams!".
Thomas screamed in response. Not happily of course, because he could never be happy again. Thomas was also already screaming before this. In fact, it should be established that unless otherwise stated, Thomas is always screaming.
"SIR, PLEASE, I BEG YOU, I DEFENDED YOU FROM FIVE ASSASSINATION ATTEMPTS WHEN I WAS A MAN! PLEASE, BY THE EIGHT, PLEASE KILL ME! THE PAIN, IT IS WORSE THAN YOU COULD EVER IMAGINE! KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL MEEEEE!" Thomas screamed to the Fat Emperor, who had already disappeared to go ejaculate onto a battlefield somewhere, like he did every Morndas afternoon.
And Thomas learned never to trust anyone ever again, and the last bit of his heart died there, and with it, any belief he had in the goodness of people.

Yeah, I think TrainWiz is loving crazy, but at least we benefit for now.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Alright, so I don't know what ABOUT SkyRe_EnemyScaling.esp is affecting my merged patch and making my game crash but I narrowed it down and as soon as I removed its entries from the NPC section of the merged patch everything worked fine.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

"We Must Dissent"

FadedReality posted:

Alright, so I don't know what ABOUT SkyRe_EnemyScaling.esp is affecting my merged patch and making my game crash but I narrowed it down and as soon as I removed its entries from the NPC section of the merged patch everything worked fine.

Try making a merged patch with SkyRe_EnemyScaling.esp, save it and reload tesEdit. Then right click the merged patch and choose 'check for errors'. It will check for obviously broken entries and while not a cure all its a quick and easy thing to check.

norg
Jul 5, 2006

Burns posted:

Are you playing on a TV?

I am - is there any way to get SkyUI to scale a bit better? Everything is tiny on a 50" screen that I'm looking at from the couch.

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

norg posted:

I am - is there any way to get SkyUI to scale a bit better? Everything is tiny on a 50" screen that I'm looking at from the couch.

I'm pretty sure there's an option in the Mod Configuration menu to change the text size. I've never tried it though.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

Oggumogoggum posted:

I'm pretty sure there's an option in the Mod Configuration menu to change the text size. I've never tried it though.

It makes the font *slightly* larger.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Geoff Zahn posted:

It makes the font *slightly* larger.

Get your rear end off the couch and play with your faced shoved into the screen like a ~real gamer~!

Edit: Since LtSmash is too busy playing Dark Souls 2 to bother letting anybody know, I should note that there's a new version of ASIS and Lootification! Also, a new version of my INIs to go with the new ASIS.

Both add a bit of new functionality:

Mr. I-can't-stop-playing-Dark-Souls-for-two-minutes posted:

New version of skyproc. Also added two new command line options. -AllModsAsMasters will skip the adding masters phases of patching and add all mods as masters for the esp. This can speed up patching substantially. -DoneSound= lets you specify a .wav file to play when patching is finished like -DoneSound="C:\Windows\Media\Windows Notify.wav"

I'd like to note that the -AllModsAsMasters option cut my lootification time from half an hour to twelve minutes!

Oh, and the new ASIS fixes a bug with Perks being distributed even though they shouldn't have been.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Oct 9, 2014

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Agents are GO! posted:

Get your rear end off the couch and play with your faced shoved into the screen like a ~real gamer~!

This is why I had to put a chair about 3 ft from the tv; I'm blind as it is and trying to see what I was doing from the couch was killing my eyes. I also grabbed a mod that changed the book font because they were practically unreadable from the slightest distance.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

Agents are GO! posted:

I already play 3 inches from my monitor like a real man!

(BTW Thanks again for the help with Wyre Bash last night, I had no idea what I was doing!)

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Geoff Zahn posted:

I already play 3 inches from my monitor like a real man!

(BTW Thanks again for the help with Wyre Bash last night, I had no idea what I was doing!)

2 inches, n00b :smuggo:

(Oh, and No prob.)

Also, in Wheels of Lull news: Masscroft hits like a loving tank.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

LtSmash posted:

Try making a merged patch with SkyRe_EnemyScaling.esp, save it and reload tesEdit. Then right click the merged patch and choose 'check for errors'. It will check for obviously broken entries and while not a cure all its a quick and easy thing to check.

I did this and it found nothing. What I ended up doing was super tedious but I found the offender. The entry for the NPC "dunReachwaterRockGauldur" was the cause. Everything looked fine to me so I googled the editor ID and finally found my answer from a post a year and a half ago:

quote:

It's a problem with the Merged Patch. In my case it was a COCT column issue with the Gauldur boss (dunReachWaterRockGauldur under 'NPC Actor') ; someone else had the same problem and edited an altogether different value to make it work.

I'd suggest just using the 'Unofficial Skyrim Patch' as the description says it fixes conflicts with the Unofficial Skyrim\DG\DB patches. If that doesn't work, try merging over overrides from conflicting mods under the NPC Actor category, or just delete NPCs in groups to narrow down the offending entry in the Merged Patch.

To elaborate on the issue I had, SkyRe enemy scaling gives the boss a Grand Staff of Repulsion that isn't present in SkyRe's Main module. For some reason the item was missing in my Merged Patch, but the item count still said 1 and the game insta-CTDed.

loving :pcgaming:

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Anyone else having problems with ENB and Project ENB where everything is just Blue? Think it might be a driver issue but my troubleshooting hasn't lead me anywhere yet and all posts I can find on the issue is from like 2013.

Edit: Nvidia Geforce 344.16

Foxhound fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Oct 9, 2014

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

"We Must Dissent"

FadedReality posted:

I did this and it found nothing. What I ended up doing was super tedious but I found the offender. The entry for the NPC "dunReachwaterRockGauldur" was the cause. Everything looked fine to me so I googled the editor ID and finally found my answer from a post a year and a half ago:

loving :pcgaming:

Do you remember if it looked like the A or B column in this screenshot? (I hand edited it so ignore the order)

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

LtSmash posted:

Do you remember if it looked like the A or B column in this screenshot? (I hand edited it so ignore the order)

Once it was pointed out to me I remembered reading about it in the FNVEdit Training Manual but I kept glossing over it looking for some major error.

e: That was my testing .esp, I've already added it into my actual merged patch and am back to playing without incident.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

"We Must Dissent"

FadedReality posted:

Once it was pointed out to me I remembered reading about it in the FNVEdit Training Manual but I kept glossing over it looking for some major error.

e: That was my testing .esp, I've already added it into my actual merged patch and am back to playing without incident.

Are you using version 3.0.32 of tesedit? If not update you bum, its been out since may apparently. It fixes that as well as other issues with counted subrecords and assorted other bug fixes.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

LtSmash posted:

Are you using version 3.0.32 of tesedit? If not update you bum, its been out since may apparently. It fixes that as well as other issues with counted subrecords and assorted other bug fixes.

:tviv:

Updating now. I could've sworn I read they had stopped working on it!

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

LtSmash posted:

How did I not know this? Upgrading.
Oh for fucks sake, look at the mods loading in TES5Edit in the background/header image. :nexus:

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Yep, they're still working on it. The WIP thread has just moved to this other forum: http://afkmods.iguanadons.net/index.php?/topic/3750-wipz-tes5edit/

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Hope you goons can help me. I'm getting a crash every time I enter Morthal trying to complete the Dawnstar Museum quest. I summoned Jorgen to another cell and got the keys from him, but I can't approach his house without crashing. Here's my Papyrus log:

I saved right after I fast traveled to Morthal, so it crashes as soon as I open that save. I've toggled any mods that show up in the Papyrus log, but it doesn't help. When I start Skyrim without Mod Organizer, thus disabling all my mods, it doesn't crash immediately but after running towards the house it still crashes. Here's the tail end of that error:

code:
[10/09/2014 - 05:54:39PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp0"
stack:
	[None].skyrimunboundquestscript.CheckBools() - "SkyrimUnboundQuestScript.psc" Line 74
	[None].skyrimunboundquestscript.ContinueSkyrimUnbound() - "SkyrimUnboundQuestScript.psc" Line 146
	[None].skyrimunboundquestscript.OnUpdate() - "SkyrimUnboundQuestScript.psc" Line 103
[10/09/2014 - 05:54:39PM] ERROR: Cannot call Disable() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[None].skyrimunboundquestscript.CheckBools() - "SkyrimUnboundQuestScript.psc" Line 78
	[None].skyrimunboundquestscript.ContinueSkyrimUnbound() - "SkyrimUnboundQuestScript.psc" Line 146
	[None].skyrimunboundquestscript.OnUpdate() - "SkyrimUnboundQuestScript.psc" Line 103
[10/09/2014 - 05:54:39PM] DLC2CultistAmbush stage 10, waiting for DLC2MQ01.IsRunning()
[10/09/2014 - 05:54:39PM] RNPC: Periodic update check.
[10/09/2014 - 05:54:39PM] ERROR: Cannot call Show() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[None].skyrimunboundquestscript.ContinueSkyrimUnbound() - "SkyrimUnboundQuestScript.psc" Line 151
[10/09/2014 - 05:54:39PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp6"
stack:
	[None].skyrimunboundquestscript.ContinueSkyrimUnbound() - "SkyrimUnboundQuestScript.psc" Line 151
[10/09/2014 - 05:54:39PM] VM is freezing...
[10/09/2014 - 05:54:39PM] VM is frozen
[10/09/2014 - 05:54:40PM] Saving game...
The "None object" seems to be the common denominator, and <unknown self> also pops up a few times in the logs. Anyone know what the problem might be or what might be done to fix it?

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Squeegy posted:

Hope you goons can help me. I'm getting a crash every time I enter Morthal trying to complete the Dawnstar Museum quest. I summoned Jorgen to another cell and got the keys from him, but I can't approach his house without crashing. Here's my Papyrus log:

I saved right after I fast traveled to Morthal, so it crashes as soon as I open that save. I've toggled any mods that show up in the Papyrus log, but it doesn't help. When I start Skyrim without Mod Organizer, thus disabling all my mods, it doesn't crash immediately but after running towards the house it still crashes. Here's the tail end of that error:

The "None object" seems to be the common denominator, and <unknown self> also pops up a few times in the logs. Anyone know what the problem might be or what might be done to fix it?

Maybe a stupid question, but are you still using Skyrim Unbound?

Try loading your actual, mods enabled, Mod Organizer save up in this tool and clicking the "Fix all #->" which should clean your save of orphaned scripts. You'll need to run it as administrator if you installed Mod Organizer to the default path.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Yep, Skyrim Unbound is still installed. I'm not actually using it because I've been playing the same character for two years, but it's not orphaned.

I ran that tool on my save and got "622 scripts and 827 instances removed." (I assume that's 2 years' worth of buildup.)

Unfortunately that did not in and of itself fix the CTD. But it did shorten the Papyrus log considerably. (1214KB to 60KB!) Here's another excerpt from my last try:

code:
[10/09/2014 - 06:25:11PM] Error: File "Chesko_Frostfall.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.
stack:
	<unknown self>.Game.GetFormFromFile() - "<native>" Line ?
	[alias wizDTCompatibilityAlias on quest wizDTCompatibilityQuest (470135A9)].wizdtcompatibility.RunStartupCheck() - "wizDTCompatibility.psc" Line 381
	[alias wizDTCompatibilityAlias on quest wizDTCompatibilityQuest (470135A9)].wizdtcompatibility.OnPlayerLoadGame() - "wizDTCompatibility.psc" Line 91
[10/09/2014 - 06:25:11PM] Error: File "AK- Placeable Statics.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.
stack:
	<unknown self>.Game.GetFormFromFile() - "<native>" Line ?
	[alias wizDTCompatibilityAlias on quest wizDTCompatibilityQuest (470135A9)].wizdtcompatibility.RunStartupCheck() - "wizDTCompatibility.psc" Line 420
	[alias wizDTCompatibilityAlias on quest wizDTCompatibilityQuest (470135A9)].wizdtcompatibility.OnPlayerLoadGame() - "wizDTCompatibility.psc" Line 91
[10/09/2014 - 06:25:11PM] InigofollowerDialogue::PlayerLoadGame()
[10/09/2014 - 06:25:11PM] Error: Cannot call IsWeaponDrawn() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[alias PlayerMonitor on quest InigoFollowerControl (5A050584)].InigoPlayerMonitor.OnUpdate() - "InigoPlayerMonitor.psc" Line ?
[10/09/2014 - 06:25:11PM] Warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp10"
stack:
	[alias PlayerMonitor on quest InigoFollowerControl (5A050584)].InigoPlayerMonitor.OnUpdate() - "InigoPlayerMonitor.psc" Line ?
[10/09/2014 - 06:25:11PM] DLC2CultistAmbush stage 10, waiting for DLC2MQ01.IsRunning()
[10/09/2014 - 06:25:12PM] InitWidgetLoader()
[10/09/2014 - 06:25:12PM] DLC2CultistAmbush stage 10, waiting for DLC2MQ01.IsRunning()
[10/09/2014 - 06:25:12PM] DLC2CultistAmbush stage 10, waiting for DLC2MQ01.IsRunning()

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Squeegy posted:

Yep, Skyrim Unbound is still installed. I'm not actually using it because I've been playing the same character for two years, but it's not orphaned.

I ran that tool on my save and got "622 scripts and 827 instances removed." (I assume that's 2 years' worth of buildup.)

Unfortunately that did not in and of itself fix the CTD. But it did shorten the Papyrus log considerably. (1214KB to 60KB!) Here's another excerpt from my last try:

code:
[10/09/2014 - 06:25:11PM] Error: File "Chesko_Frostfall.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.
stack:
[10/09/2014 - 06:25:11PM] Error: File "AK- Placeable Statics.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.

Are you running either of these mods? If not, go into the same tool and find them in the dropdown menu to the right, select them, and hit Delete Mod Forms. Also try clicking FixScriptInstances and Reset Havok as both help to reduce some bloat. If that doesn't work I'd recommend trying sleeping indoors for three days to reset cells and see then.

Someone else will probably know a lot better than myself as I've been very lucky about CTDs in the middle of playing (so far)

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Nah, that is Dynamic Things looking for those plugins for compatibility reasons and not finding them. It's harmless, I think.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
You're probably not going to get anything useful out of the papyrus log. Try resetting the cell.

More realistic answer: Two years of the same save with mods going in and out? Good night and good luck!

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Hah, to be fair, I've been to Morthal probably once in that whole time. I'm just so attached to my character by now that the only reason I would make a new one is to get the Steam achievements I missed when I imported my saves. Shame it takes so much longer for new characters to be made than for old ones to kick the bucket! Dawnstar just lost 8 named NPCs to a dragon attack. It's rather empty in there now.

I'll try resetting the cell. If that fails, I just won't complete the quest. Que sera sera!

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor
When was the last time the op was updated and is there a modpack yet for skyrim?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

The OP was last updated in late February.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
This looks pretty awesome, especially the part about getting captured:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q6RxzwYZdc

I really like the idea that you could just pick up a ton of mercenaries and set them loose everywhere.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

sticklefifer posted:

I really like the idea that you could just pick up a ton of mercenaries and set them loose everywhere.

Holy poo poo this looks great. I tend to leave followers behind if I plan on being sneaky and then eventually forget they exist. The ability to set all NPCs in the world to explore seems like it could get annoying with quest givers wandering off but is still a neat idea if you're doing some sort of sellsword RP playthrough.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Well, I know what I'm going to do with the trail of NPCs I've got that can't sneak for poo poo and keep messing up my stealth kills.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
Dumb random question, but does anyone else have a missing ceiling texture in Hjerim? I've used this house on almost every character I've ever made and this is the first time I've noticed this. Not sure if I just didn't look up before or if something got glitched on my game. It's in the living room and looks like this:

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008
Apparently I just can't catch a loving break. After all the crap I went through to get my computer fixed, Skyrim still doesn't work right. I'm not getting bluescreens anymore, but now it's freezing all the time to load a sound or voice clip, or sounds will be delayed by several seconds, or sounds will just stop working at all for several seconds. This happens even on a completely vanilla installation without a single mod. When I had mods active, it would lock up my whole system. Even after rebooting, my computer wouldn't do anything until I uninstalled Skyrim, as if it were a loving virus or something. On top of that, my computer is now making noises like something inside is switching off. It happens at least once per minute in Skyrim, occasionally in Space Marine, and never in Hard Reset. This is especially baffling considering that I was assured that my hardware is fine.

I don't really know what to do here, so if anyone has any ideas, I'd certainly appreciate them.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

sticklefifer posted:

Came here to post this also. After my Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor addiction passes, it looks like i'm being loving dragged back into Skyrim again :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

sticklefifer posted:

Wow, looks great. Gonna get that and the map markers mod installed today. If this works as advertised, in combination with Extensible Follower Framework, seems like it could make the Radiant bounty quests a lot more interesting.

Parker Lewis fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Oct 10, 2014

• Locked thread