Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

KDdidit posted:

I don't get why your MyPlayer gets paid different amounts per game. In the end it doesn't really matter, but it's weird.

Better opponents are worth more, it's a stupid way of making you play a few games each year and not just skipping to the playoffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Lockback posted:

You can check server status here:
http://nba2k.com/status

It'll be in the OP. FYI: Right now everything is hosed.

code:
ERROR

You have reached this page because their was an error. Please try again at a later time.
lol

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I just bought it on PS4 and I don't know how to do anything besides the opening game between the spurs and the heat. It just launches into that whenever I press X to continue at the opening screen with Durant.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I just bought it on PS4 and I don't know how to do anything besides the opening game between the spurs and the heat. It just launches into that whenever I press X to continue at the opening screen with Durant.

Hit options while 2k15 is selected on the dashboard and go to information. It will tell you there if it is actually finished installing. The initial install is just so you can play the Heat vs Spurs game until the full game finishes downloading.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I'm playing a MyLeague mode with a mix of classic and current teams. I checked the social media menu during the playoffs and noticed Kawhi's gotten a bit more aggressive after time traveling past teams joined the league.

The 95-96 Bulls made a power play at the start of the season convinced Ray Allen to sign with them.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Oct 9, 2014

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

inSTAALed posted:

Hit options while 2k15 is selected on the dashboard and go to information. It will tell you there if it is actually finished installing. The initial install is just so you can play the Heat vs Spurs game until the full game finishes downloading.

I installed it overnight, it's done. But still no option but that opening game.

Edit: Strike that, for some reason, its only at 19gb/47gb but isn't still downloading. Maybe delete and reinstall?

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I installed it overnight, it's done. But still no option but that opening game.

Edit: Strike that, for some reason, its only at 19gb/47gb but isn't still downloading. Maybe delete and reinstall?

It's probably still downloading, it won't show up in your download list. Check it in a bit and see if the progress has gone up.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

MyPlayer thinks that my last name is foul language despite the fact that it's in the provided list of names and the announcer says it.

MyPlayer might be an ex of mine.

Faxanadu
Apr 18, 2003

Al Jefferson's lines in mycareer are the stuff of legend.

Edit: good luck redeeming your preorder code. Lol 2k servers

Faxanadu fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Oct 10, 2014

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Is there any way to skip the intro game when you first start up NBA 2k15? It's getting quite annoying. I hit quit and goes to the start of menu screen, hit x to continue then it just throws me in that miami vs spurs game. :I

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

I just hit free agency after finishing the first year and decided to leave the Pistons for the Knicks in order to bring them some relevance in the league. I also wanted to go to a team where I wouldn't have to displace an actual good coach for when Doc Rivers automatically takes over your team in the offseason before your second year. It's also pretty hilarious that J.R. Smith is your player's mentor for the Knicks.

That said, playing on the Knicks is actually pretty fun and much better than on the Pistons. Melo plays a lot of PF, so it's fun to run a lot of pick and pop plays. He's also a beast and averages around 27 points, 7 boards and 4 assists per game despite my getting 31/9/8. To the surprise of no one, Amare's ankle exploded in my first game so now the computer's lineup is starting Quincy Acy when it should probably just roll with the small ball lineup and start JR Smith, Tim Hardaway Jr or Shumpert instead.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Fluo posted:

Is there any way to skip the intro game when you first start up NBA 2k15? It's getting quite annoying. I hit quit and goes to the start of menu screen, hit x to continue then it just throws me in that miami vs spurs game. :I

Hearing about so people stuck playing that game is crazy. I let the game install in the background while I watched tv and never even saw the Miami Spurs game.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Spacebump posted:

Hearing about so people stuck playing that game is crazy. I let the game install in the background while I watched tv and never even saw the Miami Spurs game.

:smith: I think next time I go back to it after some footie I will just let it play all the way through not touching anything as I watch some tv and see if not playing it fixes it. D:

Faxanadu
Apr 18, 2003

ihatepants posted:

I just hit free agency after finishing the first year and decided to leave the Pistons for the Knicks in order to bring them some relevance in the league. I also wanted to go to a team where I wouldn't have to displace an actual good coach for when Doc Rivers automatically takes over your team in the offseason before your second year. It's also pretty hilarious that J.R. Smith is your player's mentor for the Knicks.

That said, playing on the Knicks is actually pretty fun and much better than on the Pistons. Melo plays a lot of PF, so it's fun to run a lot of pick and pop plays. He's also a beast and averages around 27 points, 7 boards and 4 assists per game despite my getting 31/9/8. To the surprise of no one, Amare's ankle exploded in my first game so now the computer's lineup is starting Quincy Acy when it should probably just roll with the small ball lineup and start JR Smith, Tim Hardaway Jr or Shumpert instead.

Ha. I played on the Knicks in 2k14. Mike Woodson went 4-4-4-4 because my dude had that insane primetime badge and defensive anchor. We held people under 80 a game. It was nuts. Complete 180 of the regular season where we stumbled into a 5th seed.

...Melo still left the Knicks after that season.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
So what's the trick to blocking shots? Because holy poo poo half the time I press Y my dude decides to think about the meaning of life before jumping up uselessly. I was decent at it in 2k13 and 14, but this year's version seems especially hit-or-miss. It's like pressing block doesn't actually make your guy jump, but instead rolls a dice where the game decides whether you contested/blocked a shot or stood still like a dipshit while the dude one foot away drained a three in your face.

Also is RT + Y seriously not a desperation block anymore? Am I missing something? How do I sell out on a block if I'm coming from the paint out to try and contest a three? Because sprinting at the guy that's shooting and pressing block does jack poo poo, other than sometimes make my guy freeze in place and then jump a full second late.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Welp, everything was working fine since last night. Finally decided to be a little brave and spend VC on a myplayer upgrade. Whoops! Connection failed, upgrade failed. Haha, your VC is still gone though.

You stay classy 2K

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Spacebump posted:

Same. Sounds like a tremendous pain in the rear end though so glad I missed it

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holding block works alright but i could get 8 or 9 blocks on good games, now about 3 max

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
HOLY poo poo THE ONE YEAR I DIDNT COMPLAIN OR THINK TO EVEN LOOK AND FINALLY YOU CAN SPORT GOGGLES GAME OF THE YEAR

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I deleted the install to fix that issue and now PSN wont let me re-download it. :(

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Faxanadu posted:

Ha. I played on the Knicks in 2k14. Mike Woodson went 4-4-4-4 because my dude had that insane primetime badge and defensive anchor. We held people under 80 a game. It was nuts. Complete 180 of the regular season where we stumbled into a 5th seed.

...Melo still left the Knicks after that season.

Just got a ridiculous win in OT against the Wizards. Was down by 5 in the last 1:30 of the fourth, but managed to drain an open three as the shot clock was winding down. Coach decides to start intentionally fouling, Wall sinks both. I inbound it to Melo who passes it to Bargs, who was unguarded down low for a quick 2. Missed trying to steal, so have to intentionally foul Beal - he sinks both with about 30 seconds to go.

We pushed the ball as quick as we could up the court and get another easy 2, but only have 14 seconds left on the clock. We intentionally foul Wall with 8 seconds to go and he misses the first of two. I inbound it deep to Melo who doesn't use up all the available time to get a closer shot and instead decides to heave it from just past half court with a couple of seconds still to go on the clock as I'm screaming "NO!" in my head - nothing but net. Wizards have just under a second to try and get a full court heave, but misses. We finish the comeback in overtime. Melo finished with a team high 54 points. My player finished with 41, 21 boards, 18 assists and 4 blocks.

Awesome game. I want to up the difficulty to Superstar, but the computer is just straight up cheesing at the higher difficulties. Even on All-Star, the computer barely misses contested shots and turnarounds/fadeaways. And I don't think I've ever seen the computer straight up miss an open shot at this difficulty. Wish we had the ability to use sliders in MyPlayer mode.

I also wanted to ask, is there a way to intentionally foul on the PC? I wasted a lot of time in the game because I had to wait for my teammates to intentionally foul, because I couldn't figure out how to do it myself. Hitting the back/select button on the gamepad, which does intentional foul on the consoles, instead just changes the camera angles. I can't call a timeout either because of it.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Fluo posted:

:smith: I think next time I go back to it after some footie I will just let it play all the way through not touching anything as I watch some tv and see if not playing it fixes it. D:

Yep I'm still stuck on it, completed it 6 times now, let it complete its self twice.

It's getting me quite salty working out what the gently caress kind of bug this is. :I

Edit: I've worked it out, for some beyond stupid reason it doesn't download when the ps4 is turned on. Put it on standby for 10minutes and it works.

Well that was loving dumb. :I

Fluo fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Oct 10, 2014

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
My favorite presentation element in this game is the framed photo of Multnomah Falls in your apartment. MyPlayer is canonically a homegrown Blazer :colbert:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Spacebump posted:

I'm playing a MyLeague mode with a mix of classic and current teams. I checked the social media menu during the playoffs and noticed Kawhi's gotten a bit more aggressive after time traveling past teams joined the league.

The 95-96 Bulls made a power play at the start of the season convinced Ray Allen to sign with them.

Shawn kemp will never be the same after that season in your league.

To intentionally foul on ps4 it says to hold down the steal button. You could try that.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Tried a bit of myTeam tonight. loving awful. Defense is impossible. Scrublords like Nemanja Nedovic shooting 80% from 3. Pablo Prigioni dropping 35 on 80% shooting from the field (6 minute quarters). The second game I played, the opposing team shot 70% from the field. poo poo is infuriating.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Holyshoot posted:

To intentionally foul on ps4 it says to hold down the steal button. You could try that.

Thank you! And to call a timeout this year, it's to hit L1+R1 - also for team intentional foul on defense.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

VDay posted:

So what's the trick to blocking shots? Because holy poo poo half the time I press Y my dude decides to think about the meaning of life before jumping up uselessly. I was decent at it in 2k13 and 14, but this year's version seems especially hit-or-miss. It's like pressing block doesn't actually make your guy jump, but instead rolls a dice where the game decides whether you contested/blocked a shot or stood still like a dipshit while the dude one foot away drained a three in your face.

Also is RT + Y seriously not a desperation block anymore? Am I missing something? How do I sell out on a block if I'm coming from the paint out to try and contest a three? Because sprinting at the guy that's shooting and pressing block does jack poo poo, other than sometimes make my guy freeze in place and then jump a full second late.

That doesn't sound right. Maybe athleticism skill ratings actually matter with reaction time and stuff? I'm not having this delayed reaction issue you are having with my athletics focused guard and I'm averaging over 3 blocks a game.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
As a giant angry wall of a man at PF I have no trouble blocking shots.

Emery
Feb 8, 2012

VDay posted:

Chances are you're having the same problem I was, which is that you run over to close out on a shooter, hit jump too late, and as he runs/dribbles/pulls up/exists, you go into the 'oh poo poo you just ran head first into a man' animation before it lets you jump. Just by hitting the jump button earlier you can avoid that animation and actually contest shots sometimes.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I think its tied to athleticism. I was having the same issue until I poured all my VC into it and now its slightly better but still frustrating. Especially when you had the poo poo down in previous editions

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
So I don't know much about basketball but have been having a blast in Mycareer so far! I read somewhere, though, that learning how to play the game in that mode is an exercise in frustration... So what is the preferred mode for new comers? MyGM?

Also, in Mycareer I am trying to turn my character into a kind of Nigerian Larry Bird. However, Right now my three point rating is an abysmal 68. Around what rating do I start turning a corner and start becoming an actual three point threat?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
You can start hitting (at least open) threes around the mid 70s, at least in previous games.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

I think it is actually much easier to hit threes in this game than in previous years. I think 2k14 kind of cheated against you if you were doing well and I could never get a roll going even with the appropriate signature skills.

In 2k15, even with just a mid 70s 3pt rating, I was able to get the 8 consecutive milestone. Even the shoot 100% from deep (5 minimum attempts) milestone was often difficult in 2k14 with a high 80s/90s rating, but I got that in this one pretty easily.

Edit: It also becomes much easier to hit the perfect release on your jumpers once you get it into the 70s, I've noticed. I can get it on almost all my open/poorly contested shots now. You can practice in the gym before games and you will notice that you're hitting them almost all the time with an A rating for shot quality. It helps to have a good release that you can get the timing down pat of, too. Last I checked, my hot zones were all red for every zone past the 3 point line due to making shots from everywhere in game.

ihatepants fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Oct 10, 2014

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I wouldn't know anything about that because I'm a 6'10 power forward who crushes puny men beneath my heel and grabs all the rebounds, so my shooting isn't great.

DailyDumSum
May 21, 2004
Fresh Daily

hopterque posted:

I wouldn't know anything about that because I'm a 6'10 power forward who crushes puny men beneath my heel and grabs all the rebounds, so my shooting isn't great.

Is there a specific difference? I'm the 7'3 Center with orangatan arms and shoulders. I look like a man bird out there. However, I spent all my vc on rebounding and defense, so I can't even consistantly get 10 points a game, but can get 10 rebounds and 2 blocks.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
A difference compared to what?

DailyDumSum
May 21, 2004
Fresh Daily
oh, I mean in terms of rebounding. Is it really the taller the better at rebounding, or is 6'10 pretty much the same as 7'3?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DailyDumSum posted:

oh, I mean in terms of rebounding. Is it really the taller the better at rebounding, or is 6'10 pretty much the same as 7'3?

Height has almost nothing to do with rebounding.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

Height has almost nothing to do with rebounding.

It (supposedly) did in 2k14, because if you made your player a 7 footer, the game engine would make him move sluggish and have delayed reaction time. As a result, it was much easier to get rebounds with your big man as long as you kept him below 7feet. I remember that I hated playing my big man career last year because I would always get outrebounded by smaller players who jump quicker and higher than my guy did. I guess this isn't so much of an issue in this year's version?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
I'm finding rebounding to be massively easier this time around. Positioning seems to be the key (as it should be), and I rarely see opposing players magically snatch rebounds out of my guy's hands anymore. Usually your guy is also smart enough to jump slightly towards the ball to catch it, rather than straight up.

• Locked thread