Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

Yeah, it was clear from the conversation with that Hydra subleader that they don't know Simmons was part of the team. As far as they know she was just a SHIELD scientist.

Remember that "the team" was just "a team" from everyone elses point of view. Shield was a massive organisation. We view it as "the team" as we watched a TV show about them for the past year and the leader of the team just happens to be the new boss. Hydra thinks that she was just a shield scientist because she WAS just a sheild scientist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Potooweet posted:

Everyone has a massive psychic flashback to that last season of Angel and reflexively forgets both shows exist as a self defense instinct.

This has already happened twice.

Hey now, the last season of Angel was also the best season of Angel.

johntfs posted:

I will never forget the last season of Angel because of the awesomeness that was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91zNLwwl6qU

Did you know that one time the Devil built a robot?

El Diablo Robotico.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Hunter mentioned his ex again in this episode. I still think there's a chance that she will be Mockingbird!

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Finally catching up on Episode 3.

drat, this season has been amazing.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Hey now, the last season of Angel was also the best season of Angel.

Did you know that one time the Devil built a robot?

El Diablo Robotico.

I love the Luchidor episode, too, though the few episodes prior to that were cool just because of the dude wearing the mask delivering the mail and nobody really noticing.

"Is there a Geppetto in the house?!"

Smile Time was also a bittersweet episode because it was the last real appearance of Fred before Illyria. I love how Amy Acker can morph from cute nerd to Chaos God to housewife to second-chair cellist (and Coulson's old girlfriend) to semi-psychopathic high priestess of a Machine God. Forget "Gone Girl." Amy Acker is the true "Amazing Amy."

I know it would never happen, but I would love it if it turned out that Audrey was Root playing a role to help the Machine save/shape Coulson.

johntfs fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Oct 9, 2014

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

johntfs posted:

I love the Luchidor episode, too, though the few episodes prior to that were cool just because of the dude wearing the mask delivering the mail and nobody really noticing.

"Is there a Geppetto in the house?!"

Smile Time was also a bittersweet episode because it was the last real appearance of Fred before Illyria. I love how Amy Acker can morph from cute nerd to Chaos God to housewife to second-chair cellist (and Coulson's old girlfriend) to semi-psychopathic high priestess of a Machine God. Forget "Gone Girl." Amy Acker is the true "Amazing Amy."

I know it would never happen, but I would love it if it turned out that Audrey was Root playing a role to help the Machine save/shape Coulson.

Yep that was the episode Fred and Wes finally got together.

"Would you like me to lie to you now?"
Yes.
Thank you. Yes.

halwain
May 31, 2011
Is it possible that the obelisk is an infinity stone/gem? (It was glowing orange when Raina touched it and there was some talk about life and death, so its the time gem?)

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
I don't believe so. They're probably saving the Infinity Stones for the movies. The obelisk might be part of a key or map or some-such that leads to a stone in a later movie, given the cross-pollination that's occurring between the series and the movies.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

DancinBrud posted:

Hunter mentioned his ex again in this episode. I still think there's a chance that she will be Mockingbird!

Oh I'm dumb and keep assuming it's Xena. It'd make more sense if she was currently alive and could show up again.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
I just realized that the whole thing with them telling Creel to breathe last episode to fight the effect of the Obelisk was an early indication that he's been brainwashed too.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Carrasco posted:

I just realized that the whole thing with them telling Creel to breathe last episode to fight the effect of the Obelisk was an early indication that he's been brainwashed too.

From that episode, the scene at the bench:

Sunil Bakshi: Calm down, Mr. Creel. Take a deep breath, and clear your mind. Remember your training. Remember: compliance will be rewarded.

Creel takes a deep breath, and holds onto the stone Raina gave her.*

Creel: I'm happy to comply.

* I'm not sure whether that was purely to contain his Obelisk corruption, or if it prevented his brainwashing, although nothing in the remainder of the episode suggests he was doing anything that wasn't Hyrda's orders.

radlum
May 13, 2013
I love that the brainwashing procedure was called Faust, after Dr. Faust, the brainwashing villain from the comics. I love that kind of litte nods.

Good episode, next week looks fun, though a bit fillery.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

radlum posted:

I love that the brainwashing procedure was called Faust, after Dr. Faust, the brainwashing villain from the comics. I love that kind of litte nods.

Good episode, next week looks fun, though a bit fillery.

Never let it be said that the writers on this show don't show love to comic books.

And goddamn, every single scene with Fitz is killing me (except I really hate the "Big Brother/Big Sister" helper guy who looks like a brotha' Mister Clean, I know he's trying to be a friend but it comes off of as a male caretaker at an assisted living home). Iain de Caestecker is just loving selling it. I well up with fat ol' tears every time he tries to find the word.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
Comic book aficionado's may clap with glee at the slightest nod to a comic book story/character but most of the episodes are feeling like filler already.

I've already got very bad feelings about where the Ward thing is going - he's going to get let off lightly :argh:
I thought Fitz made a better "mentally impaired" person before the hypoxia. Cringeworthy every time he is on screen :(

I'd hoped they'd pick up the pace intensity from the second half of Season 1 but it looks like we're going to get another half season of weak aimless episodes before they ramp it up for the mid-season break then kick on from there.

Is this happening because they have to wait for the main movie storylines to be finalised and the series has to plod along without committing until then?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
wow

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

johntfs posted:

I don't believe so. They're probably saving the Infinity Stones for the movies. The obelisk might be part of a key or map or some-such that leads to a stone in a later movie, given the cross-pollination that's occurring between the series and the movies.

It the terrigen crystal equivalent I'd bet. The Inhuman push might have died in the comics due to stunt casting a notoriously over deadline artist but I expect the MCU to keep it going.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
That'd certainly explain the whole "is toxic to homo sapiens" route they're going with the Obelisk.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

SirDan3k posted:

It the terrigen crystal equivalent I'd bet. The Inhuman push might have died in the comics due to stunt casting a notoriously over deadline artist but I expect the MCU to keep it going.

Yeah, when it was bugging out Creel it appeared in the form of crystals.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
There are 22 episodes in a season. It's neither possible, nor DESIRABLE to have 22 full-on high-tension main plot episodes.

I liked that Coulson told Fitz that Simmons was on an assignment, instead of him seeing her in Hydra and freaking out. Now (in theory), if he sees her in Hydra, Coulson could tell him/he might realize that’s her assignment.

Ward continued his sociopathic tendencies by trying to convince Fitz that he did him a favour by throwing him out of a plane in the middle of the ocean instead of shooting him. That's pretty galling reasoning, since the only reason they survived was very close timing by Fury's arrival.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

There are 22 episodes in a season. It's neither possible, nor DESIRABLE to have 22 full-on high-tension main plot episodes.

I liked that Coulson told Fitz that Simmons was on an assignment, instead of him seeing her in Hydra and freaking out. Now (in theory), if he sees her in Hydra, Coulson could tell him/he might realize that’s her assignment.

Ward continued his sociopathic tendencies by trying to convince Fitz that he did him a favour by throwing him out of a plane in the middle of the ocean instead of shooting him. That's pretty galling reasoning, since the only reason they survived was very close timing by Fury's arrival.

Not to mention that dropping them like he did wasn't some deliberately 'lax' killing method like he claims, it was just the only method available. He couldn't open the door, and so he couldn't physically get to them.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
It also mirrors several posters here who were clinging to the idea ward was still a good guy. "He didn't shoot the dog, and he did that so they could survive!"

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

SirDan3k posted:

Oh, Joe Mad. The only thing keeping you from being the next Todd McFarlane is your glacial output speed... :smith:

The Inhuman book is pretty good otherwise, I guess. This show should have more Inhuman stuff in it, the Inhumans aren't exactly A or B listers.

WastedJoker posted:

Comic book aficionado's may clap with glee at the slightest nod to a comic book story/character but most of the episodes are feeling like filler already.

I've already got very bad feelings about where the Ward thing is going - he's going to get let off lightly :argh:
I thought Fitz made a better "mentally impaired" person before the hypoxia. Cringeworthy every time he is on screen :(

I'd hoped they'd pick up the pace intensity from the second half of Season 1 but it looks like we're going to get another half season of weak aimless episodes before they ramp it up for the mid-season break then kick on from there.

Is this happening because they have to wait for the main movie storylines to be finalised and the series has to plod along without committing until then?

Was there ever a time when your were happy?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Masonity posted:

It also mirrors several posters here who were clinging to the idea ward was still a good guy. "He didn't shoot the dog, and he did that so they could survive!"

Actually it did look like he couldn't bring himself to shoot the dog - and that the purpose of the 'shoot the dog' flashback was to demonstrate his having gotten over that weakness when he decided to try and kill fitzsimmons by dropping them to the bottom of the ocean.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

WastedJoker posted:

:what:

Are you sure you are watching the right show?

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

The Lord Bude posted:

Actually it did look like he couldn't bring himself to shoot the dog - and that the purpose of the 'shoot the dog' flashback was to demonstrate his having gotten over that weakness when he decided to try and kill fitzsimmons by dropping them to the bottom of the ocean.

Oh lawdy.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

mikeraskol posted:

:what:

Are you sure you are watching the right show?

I think he's been watching Gotham by mistake.

What? I'm not suggesting he isn't evil.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Guys what if Ward didn't shoot the dog?!?

E: if you legitimately don't know, it's a bit of a sore subject

Arist fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Oct 10, 2014

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

What if the dog teleported away as it was shot? Because it's Lockjaw?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Lord Bude posted:

Agreed. Additionally I don't think May and Ward had sex

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

The Lord Bude posted:

What? I'm not suggesting he isn't evil.

It's not something we can discuss in this thread anymore.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I'll admit I didn't exactly go back to rewatch it, but it seemed like he fired a shot, and then watched the dog run away through the scope of the sniper rifle. It's entirely possible I may be mistaken and I'm honestly struggling to care either way. I never went into the shield thread last season, so I wasn't aware that there were lingering emotions on the subject.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Regy Rusty posted:

Agreed. Additionally I don't think May and Ward had sex

I think they just gave each other oral all the time. May didn't wanna get pregnant and she doesn't believe in the pill and Ward thinks condoms are for squares and sailors.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

greatn posted:

I think they just gave each other oral all the time. May didn't wanna get pregnant and she doesn't believe in the pill and Ward thinks condoms are for squares and sailors.

Well he does have spy training. Perhaps he prefers to sneak in through the back.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The Lord Bude posted:

Look what you did! :argh:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I think the important question here is:
Did the dog leave the door to May's room open? If so, to what end?
Perhaps that sinister dog is behind everything.

Edit: Maybe Garrett killed the "real" Ward, and what we think is Ward is actually the dog in a Ward suit? Because Garrett killed Ward for being weak, and realized the dog was his best student.

Edit2:vvv Do Ward-dogs dream of dorito faces?

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Oct 10, 2014

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Rarity posted:

Look what you did! :argh:

It's a more interesting debate than the Laurel poo poo that happens in the Arrow thread.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Error 404 posted:

I think the important question here is:
Did the dog leave the door to May's room open? If so, to what end?
Perhaps that sinister dog is behind everything.

Edit: Maybe Garrett killed the "real" Ward, and what we think is Ward is actually the dog in a Ward suit? Because Garrett killed Ward for being weak, and realized the dog was his best student.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T55ArHjeR1c

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

The Lord Bude posted:

It's a more interesting debate than the Laurel poo poo that happens in the Arrow thread.

Finding the bar you just set would require lots of digging.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Obviously the dog survived and ended up being adopted by some Russian mobsters until a nice fellow offered him a slice of pizza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

First Bass posted:

Never let it be said that the writers on this show don't show love to comic books.

And goddamn, every single scene with Fitz is killing me (except I really hate the "Big Brother/Big Sister" helper guy who looks like a brotha' Mister Clean, I know he's trying to be a friend but it comes off of as a male caretaker at an assisted living home). Iain de Caestecker is just loving selling it. I well up with fat ol' tears every time he tries to find the word.

I actually like that the nurturing caretaker character is a towering buff dude, but I guess they wouldn't go with a Mommy type since they already have May as the asskicking middle-aged lady or with a cute nurse type since they already have Jemma the figment.

Oh well, I guess when Trip goes off to do Ultron stuff there will still be a little color on the bus.

• Locked thread