Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Crappy Jack posted:

Look, there's no argument to be had here, if SR3/4 Female Voice 1 and SR2 Female Voice 1 were locked in a cage match to the death, they'd both expertly counter each others' punches before realizing that they work better as a team and joining forces to eliminate whatever evil forces was putting voices into deathmatches. They're both the best around.

The true ultimate voice would have them speaking in tandem like a DBZ fusion character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Trast posted:

This is a very wrong way to proclaim the virtues of the true voice of Saints Row, female voice 1 of SR3 and SR4, Laura Bailey.

Piss off you wanker. Angry Cockney was the true voice of the Saints Row.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Capn Beeb posted:

Yeah, but the best voice of always was SR2's Female3 :allears:

ftfy. The greatest disappointment of 4. :(

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Mr Shefield voice best voice.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Trast posted:

This is a very wrong way to proclaim the virtues of the true voice of Saints Row, female voice 1 of SR3 and SR4, Laura Bailey.

Whoa. Are you always completely right about everything? Because look at how right this post is!

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I was so disappointed to find out they didn't bring back SR3 female voice 2. She is the best.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Latina voice please come back. =(

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I miss the Latin Male voice from 2.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Azubah posted:

Man you guys are having a really hard time writing dub step gun.

dub-StepGun

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

What I find really interesting is how invested people get in their own boss. Like playing through Fallout or Dragon Age or Mass Effect, you inevitably get to a point where your ramshackle creation hauls itself into a cutscene and you think 'poo poo, that looks like rear end and none of my armour matches.' Whereas in SRIV it makes perfect sense now that the boss is a British US president dressed like the missing member of Steel Panther. To the point that when you guys talk about Russians and latina women and Nolan north, it just seems wrong. That's not the boss, cockney Bret Michaels is.

I'm probably not articulating this very well. Something to do with how unusually good the results of the character creator look that it seems so natural I can't really imagine it any other way. Even though I have literally sat and watched my wife play most of the game as a woman (with voice 1) and that seemed perfectly right as well.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
The dub STEP Gun might be useful. They have a VTOL on patrol near the Daedalus entrance.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I miss the Latin Male voice from 2.

Cockney Bane boss in Saints Row 3 just doesn't work. :(

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Crappy Jack posted:

Look, there's no argument to be had here, if SR3/4 Female Voice 1 and SR2 Female Voice 1 were locked in a cage match to the death, they'd both expertly counter each others' punches before realizing that they work better as a team and joining forces to eliminate whatever evil forces was putting voices into deathmatches. They're both the best around.

I'm not sure we can safely assume that about someone trying to kill The Boss.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

The boss is a cockney George Washington with prison muscles and I won't hear otherwise.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

Funny, I keep seeing people talking about the Boss, but they keep getting her wrong.

She's a tall, black haired, yellow eyed goth with Crow makeup on and black lips with a Caucasian voice and I'll brook no arguments saying otherwise.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Sorry, fat Silver Surfer or bust

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Magil of Shadow posted:

Funny, I keep seeing people talking about the Boss, but they keep getting her wrong.

She's a tall, black haired, yellow eyed goth with Crow makeup on and black lips with a Caucasian voice and I'll brook no arguments saying otherwise.

Screw you, Travis Touchdown boss has always been mines. :colbert:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Magil of Shadow posted:

:colbert:

Also, kids love her. :buddy:

Maylo
Nov 5, 2010
New Gat Out of Hell trailer showing the rest of the deadly sins weapons. Also looks like it's coming out a week sooner. :D

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
You should be ashamed of yourself for not putting your boss in a purple suit.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Maylo posted:

New Gat Out of Hell trailer showing the rest of the deadly sins weapons. Also looks like it's coming out a week sooner. :D

No wings for Kinzie, no sale.

EDIT: \/ I knew she was getting flight somehow. Didn't notice the wings in the trailer.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Oct 16, 2014

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Mokinokaro posted:

1:25 of that trailer. She's got wings.

IdolNinja
Mar 7, 2011

It's our time now!
Let's get this shit started!

Mokinokaro posted:

You have absolutely nothing to worry about. :)

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

ChaosArgate posted:

The true ultimate voice would have them speaking in tandem like a DBZ fusion character.

Randomly selected voice out of the pool of 7 per line, so every playthrough would be different :3:

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Songbearer posted:

Randomly selected voice out of the pool of 7 per line, so every playthrough would be different :3:

Schizophrenic playthrough. There really ought to be a mod that does this already. The Sing along mission would be even more fantastic. Half the voices doing their best and the other half just winging it.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
I cannot progress past The Girl Who Hate the 50s in SR4 no matter what I do - the game won't let me. It won't save for some reason - I've deleted the old save files and even started from the mission directly before it (both Talkie Talkie and The Kinzie Gambit which is before that) - I've even played the next mission Keymaster and finished that.

It's happened four or five times now. Do I need to finish more of the loyalty missions or something? I've done the majority of those. I am getting so sick of TGWHt50s. If I have to dodge those propaganda trucks one more time I am gonna cry.

There is nothing wrong with my PS3, every other game works fine. I never had an issue with SR4 until this mission from the first time I played it.

IdolNinja
Mar 7, 2011

It's our time now!

Kelly posted:

I cannot progress past The Girl Who Hate the 50s in SR4 no matter what I do - the game won't let me. It won't save for some reason - I've deleted the old save files and even started from the mission directly before it (both Talkie Talkie and The Kinzie Gambit which is before that) - I've even played the next mission Keymaster and finished that.

It's happened four or five times now. Do I need to finish more of the loyalty missions or something? I've done the majority of those. I am getting so sick of TGWHt50s. If I have to dodge those propaganda trucks one more time I am gonna cry.

There is nothing wrong with my PS3, every other game works fine. I never had an issue with SR4 until this mission from the first time I played it.

Have you tried to manually save after completing it? Do you have a lot of save files? There is a limit on the number you can have and if you've reached it then you'll have to choose an existing one to overwrite.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

IdolNinja posted:

Have you tried to manually save after completing it? Do you have a lot of save files? There is a limit on the number you can have and if you've reached it then you'll have to choose an existing one to overwrite.

I am fine on the saved files...plenty of room. When that does happen it warns you and I haven't received that warning. I've autosaved AND saved manually.

I'm guessing the game (which is used) is corrupted in some way. I Googled a bit, and there were some issues with this mission not launching awhile back - I am having the opposite problem though!

IdolNinja
Mar 7, 2011

It's our time now!

Kelly posted:

I am fine on the saved files...plenty of room. When that does happen it warns you and I haven't received that warning. I've autosaved AND saved manually.

I'm guessing the game (which is used) is corrupted in some way. I Googled a bit, and there were some issues with this mission not launching awhile back - I am having the opposite problem though!

Try deleting cached content and redownloading all the updates, as well as reinstalling the game on your PS3 hard drive. It won't affect your saves.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Volition's tumblr has pics of the sin based guns:

http://volition.tumblr.com/post/100162852282/you-may-be-a-saint-but-in-hell-its-good-to-have

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

The Ark Of The Covenant gun looks pretty sweet.

Also, it looks like thanks to Greed that we will finally have a money shooter machine gun.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Irish Joe posted:

You should be ashamed of yourself for not putting your boss in a purple suit.

Please, I rep the Row so hard my fuckin' eyes are purple.

:c00l:

also lol Pierce checking out them Boss buns.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

He looks disappointed.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
Yeah, Boss was too busy doing poo poo back then :( Then he gets cold feet when Russian Boss gives him a green light, gently caress sake Pierce make up your mind

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Capn Beeb posted:

Yeah, Boss was too busy doing poo poo back then :( Then he gets cold feet when Russian Boss gives him a green light, gently caress sake Pierce make up your mind

Well, he did in Saint's Row IV.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
At what cost :smith:

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
I finally picked this game up and I can't get enough of soaring around fake Steelport. It's kind of funny that there's more customization for vehicles than in SRTT considering you stop using them less than an hour into the game.

All you guys have really weird looking Bosses. I like to keep mine pretty low key:

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

If you have Steam and do not have any part of the Saint's Row series, everything for 2, 3, and 4 (incuding all DLC) is on sale for under $20 this weekend.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
Kinzie always creeped me out because it's pretty clear that she's been idealized by the developers, so it's weird that she's portrayed as an emotionally vulnerable teen. Her crippling social anxiety also seems to conflict with her apparent inability to ever refuse sex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

circ dick soleil posted:

Kinzie always creeped me out because it's pretty clear that she's been idealized by the developers, so it's weird that she's portrayed as an emotionally vulnerable teen. Her crippling social anxiety also seems to conflict with her apparent inability to ever refuse sex.

What do you mean, conflict? Kinzie jumps at the chance to have sex BECAUSE of her social anxiety. She doesn't view herself as sexually desirable, so any offer for sex is immediately pounced upon.

Teenage social anxiety and a rabid hunger for sex go hand in hand. Go listen to Pretty Hate Machine, those are like the two topics Trent Reznor covers in that album.

• Locked thread