Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crap
Nov 3, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

holy moley!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
goldmine i guess

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Rival
Dec 13, 2004

This is awesome.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Eagerly awaiting Black Bones' big stupid frame-by-frame analysis.

Rival
Dec 13, 2004

Babe Magnet posted:

Eagerly awaiting Black Bones' big stupid frame-by-frame analysis.

Oh god. Don't give him any ideas.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

agree

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

This is incredible.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Why can't we have this as a weekly front-page feature instead.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
And to think this guy gets banned and probated on a constant basis for funny contributions like this. Kind of hosed up imo.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
well, according to a guy in the speedrun thread ummm "I would have banned you because [I'm] not funny", and if my speedfriends say so, it must be true.

Still, I thank you, clemens, you're my friend.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
*tips hat

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
A wise philosopher once said, "Be careful what you wish for, because you just . . might . . get it."

Plane represents those who think CR is over-analyzing. Girl symbolizes those who think it's too basic. Unified in their impotence, they combine into Girl-Plane, and confront Reviewer-Buu! "You're not good, you're bad" they cry, hoping they will not be asked to explain.

"How so?" ponders Reviewer-Buu.

"No! Don't think about children's art, it has no merit!" Girl-Plane rumbles, burning with the flames of indignation. "You dumb gay baby!"

But Reviewer-Buu does not hear Girl-Plane, for he has been considering his pre-approved opinions. He smiles. Next stop, upvote city.

The screen wipes to black, sparing the viewer the sight of Reviewer-Buu drawing Girl-Plane into his all-encompassing review embrace, absorbing her into his gross bubblegum flesh.

Roll credits.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Black Bones posted:

A wise philosopher once said, "Be careful what you wish for, because you just . . might . . get it."

Plane represents those who think CR is over-analyzing. Girl symbolizes those who think it's too basic. Unified in their impotence, they combine into Girl-Plane, and confront Reviewer-Buu! "You're not good, you're bad" they cry, hoping they will not be asked to explain.

"No! Don't think about children's art, it has no merit!" Girl-Plane rumbles, burning with the flames of indignation. "You dumb gay baby!"

But Reviewer-Buu does not hear Girl-Plane, for he has been considering his pre-approved opinions. He smiles. Next stop, upvote city.

The screen wipes to black, sparing the viewer the sight of Reviewer-Buu drawing Girl-Plane into his all-encompassing review embrace, absorbing her into his gross bubblegum flesh.

Roll credits.

Actually, the opposite reading is true, and it's an animated .gif of you getting owned for our entertainment.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Black Bones posted:

Roll credits.

you are the worst

Nostalgic Pushead
Jul 31, 2013

Black Bones posted:

Roll credits.

A mentally ill and incredibly bad something awful poster once said, "A wise philosopher once said, "Be careful what you wish for, because you just . . might . . get it."

Roll credits."

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Black Bones posted:

Roll credits.

Do you read the things you write?

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Black Bones posted:

Roll credits.

While I will never chastise a man for trying to be funny, I will insult them for being as bad at it as you any day of the week.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

Black Bones posted:

Oh you have no idea, buddy. My many jowls quiver under my beard.

:lol:

I tell ya what; I'll take another look at Guzzler's post. I admit, I skimmed over it, cuz it looked like a weak-rear end troll that wasn't really funny, but I am defending the concept of looking at and thinking about entertainment, even children's entertainment, so I suppose I should try to be fair.

I laughed when you had to assert this twice. Grr it's so humorless to think about what Goof Troop could be saying about society! drat you, English Literature majors :argh:

Any Disney product is packed to the brim with meaning, and it can be fun/interesting to puzzle out. sorry but that's just how I feel, th1nk.

Ok let's take a peek at this infamous warlock:

Good start, the simple language creates a sense that "of course it's so obvious!", made me laugh, for reals, even though I'm pretty sure the coming explanation of How It Is Bad is gonna be weak as poo poo

Cool dichotomy bro. No doubt it's accurate, although it would require some counter-examples to be certain. Perhaps they will be forthcoming.

More of the same.

Triticum Guzzler does not like the taste of these nerds

They're gross!

Ha ha ha, no kidding! poo poo's getting downright meta here - I'll give Guzzler the benefit of the doubt that he/she/porpoise possesses self-awareness.

Don't forget, they're gross!

Holy hell, finally an actual criticism. It was hidden under all those appeals to human bodies (they're gross!) and children (they're dumb!). Unfortunately, it's a pretty weak complaint: why is "basic analysis" bad? Should they go . . deeper? And I've never got the impression of CR as "obsessed with id politics", although that could be possible, and wouldn't ya know, we're gonna get an actual example! Singular, so "obsessed" is a bit of a stretch, but still, this section of the post is showing some sincere effort!

Even if one disagrees with the review's reasons, you'd have to be borderline illiterate to miss them. Remember, this is "basic analysis". Sir Kodiak's (who reads comic books! gross and dumb!) post already covered it, as did a cursory re-read of BigBudgetSequel's (who's fat and reviews kids movies! gross and dumb!) review, but we've already come this far so here it is again:

- the movie is bad because it focuses on the least interesting character (a good criticism imo)
- the villain is a mockery of drag queens, and that's bad because cross-dressers/queers are often portrayed negatively in children's media (this is kinda weak criticism*. but the reviewer does tell you why he thinks it's bad)

*It's weak cuz the review doesn't really dig into the villain and how his cross-dressing is portrayed. Sounds like his slavish devotion to social-climbing has warped his body and mind, literately hosed his gender. In a movie where the main character is raised by sub-humans. There could be something interesting here, the review doesn't really explore it, but it doesn't sound like the film does either. Anyways, if the cross-dressing is really portrayed as a bad thing, it needs to be compared to similar stuff, like Bugs Bunny.

Like, in the Jungle Book, when Baloo the bear dresses up as a girl-orangutan to seduce King louie. On the surface, it's just played for silly laughs. Yet the film is showing a hero disguise himself as a black transsexual to successfully subvert the power of a monarchy, while singing I wanna be like you-u-u and it's awesome as hell and where was I?

Right. In conclusion: Triticum Guzzler's post has one good point buried under countless appeals to the dumbness of children, a weird amount of emotion over the bodies of strangers, vague assertions that serious/real movie discussion happens elsewhere, etc. In essence, it is not good. It is bad.

Scrooge prob owns the transport system, so they ride for free!

This is the worst post I've ever read on somethingawful

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer
I still haven't managed to read it, thank you for the warning

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

Judge Clayjar posted:

cool dichotomy bro,

Chilled Cactus
Nov 15, 2011

College Slice

Black Bones posted:

A wise philosopher once said,

i read this far

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

Actually, the opposite reading is true, and it's an animated .gif of you getting owned for our entertainment.

Then why is Reviewer-Buu portrayed as triumphant over Girl-Plane?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

no noone does

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

Black Bones posted:

Roll credits.

Your posts are bad and I hate them. This isnt as bad as the other one you did though.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Black Bones posted:

Roll credits.

Stop

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Black Bones posted:

Roll credits.

you're not funny

you are

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

I certainly didn't.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

can all the people who believe that black bones is contributing meaningful and valid analysis to this discussion, instead of just attempting to monopolise it to appease whatever tangled mess of mental disorders is currently driving his helm, please raise your hand

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

i ask because it seems to me that even the people arguing in the defense of the current releases writers are telling bb to stfu

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Black Bones posted:

"No! Don't think about children's art, it has no merit!"
If you seriously think that this is what people hate about Professor Clumsy, you're a loving idiot.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

No matter how hard you try, SuperMechagodzilla will never love you.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sham bam bamina! posted:

If you seriously think that this is what people hate about Professor Clumsy, you're a loving idiot.

This is legitimately the worst part of this 'argument'. Literally no one is saying 'you can't look at messages in children's media' or even 'you can't take issue with messages in children's media'. Like Mars Needs Moms, I totally agreed that that poo poo sounded real dumb and probably sent a lot of wrong messages about girls and all to kids. I doubt little Timmy will go from normal kid to fedora'd MRA if he watches it, but it's not a great message to send regardless. There's a conversation there to be had, you can discuss if the message of motherhood and all is empowering to young girls who actually enjoy that stuff or regressive for ones who don't. It's probably a dumb conversation, but it can be done.

The issue is when you take issue with a movie because 'this plane is too sexy, MISOGYNY!' there's no conversation to be had there, literally no one looks at a plane and goes 'yea, a sexy object, much like a woman'. You're just inventing people to be mad at.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

literally no one looks at a plane and goes 'yea, a sexy object, much like a woman'.

bullshit

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Nostalgic Pushead
Jul 31, 2013

Tatum Girlparts posted:

The issue is when you take issue with a movie because 'this plane is too sexy, MISOGYNY!' there's no conversation to be had there, literally no one looks at a plane and goes 'yea, a sexy object, much like a woman'. You're just inventing people to be mad at.

:nws:I have some bad news for you.:nws:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Oh come on, nobody who actually finds that poo poo sexually arousing is worthy of being defined as a human being.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Tatum Girlparts posted:

This is legitimately the worst part of this 'argument'. Literally no one is saying 'you can't look at messages in children's media' or even 'you can't take issue with messages in children's media'.

I will if no one else will. Kids don't know that the cats in American Tale are communists or the roach was a jew. They have no frame of reference and are not smart enough to appreciate it had they. They also LOVE to be pandered to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgic Pushead
Jul 31, 2013

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Oh come on, nobody who actually finds that poo poo sexually arousing is worthy of being defined as a human being.

That is a very fair point.

• Locked thread