Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Blasmeister posted:

I agree it's better with him but apparently it's difficult for them to record together recently because he moved away, so I can forgive them doing extra episodes without.

I didn't realise that, but to be fair the bonus episodes tend not to include him anyway, except for the Wrestlemania Rage Party one...which is a great episode an even funnier thing to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Blasmeister posted:

I agree it's better with him but apparently it's difficult for them to record together recently because he moved away, so I can forgive them doing extra episodes without.

Yeah, they even say bonus episodes are just things for them to do while Billy is away.

And christ Adam is golden when talking about WCW :allears:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The Wrestling Observor

edit: That's latin for "Observer" :science:

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

LordPants posted:

The Wrestling Observor

edit: That's latin for "Observer" :science:

I love Todd Martin

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Oh poo poo those Dave bombs.

The "popular" WWF Champion Bob Backlund

The angle featuring Comedian Andy Kaufman (The term is used loosely, Lawler is much funnier).

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Oct 10, 2014

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

flashy_mcflash posted:

I tend to agree. I don't really need a segment-by-segment recap of Raw when the show comes out on Wednesday or Thursday.

Yeah I agree too. We used to do it that way. Oatgan convinced us to do full recaps, which was a mistake... oh well.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Yeah I agree too. We used to do it that way. Oatgan convinced us to do full recaps, which was a mistake... oh well.

I've been advocating for shorter shows since the first week!

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
And they've been getting shorter! Also, most of our segment-by-segment recaps amount to "yeah, this sucked NEXT." The reason the recap takes so long is we get caught up in stream-of-consciousness derails which is basically half the fun.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Oatgan, was that you who asked a question on the last talkin shop show?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The longer the piss, the better. I miss 4+ hour episodes being the norm. Also games.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

oatgan posted:

I've been advocating for shorter shows since the first week!

I'd be fine with longer shows, but you guys should bring back the games (maybe add some new ones to change it up?) and Favourite/Least Favourite (I know you did it this week but it'd probably be better if you'd planned something beforehand) rather than doing the recaps. I have to say I always love when someone's like 'lets end the show' and I see on my player that there's 30+ minutes left on the file.

The anniversary was a fun show though! Was kinda hoping we'd get a final tally on who won the Manflurry Game that's been going on since almost the beginning though.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
On the last BnV, Bryan mentioned a TNA match between two undefeated wrestlers where the loser of the match stayed undefeated. Any idea? The only people I can think of it happening with were Joe and Christian, but anyone else have any ideas?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Crimson and someone? I can't think of who else had an undefeated streak in TNA though I'm sure there's others.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

mariooncrack posted:

Oatgan, was that you who asked a question on the last talkin shop show?

yes

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gunner?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

No way was Gunner undefeated, he started as a security guard dork.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Great White Hope posted:

No way was Gunner undefeated, he started as a security guard dork.

Nah i could believe they gave Gunner a streak and handwaved away his past as a security goon. That's probably it.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Murphy!

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I listened to the Pisscast, and you guys who do it have good chemistry together and make good points. The shows a little long though, and I think it would benefit from removing the Raw recap and just talking about what you liked and didn't like instead. There's no need to comment on every segment, like every other podcast seems to do.

I like the segment-by-segment stuff, it helps remind me of what I already forgot happened on RAW :saddowns:

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
The Pisscast needs to be longer!

For a new game, how about "Who said it?" I'll listen through the archives, compile a bunch of quotes and you guys guess who said them.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

"I knew Taz before he turned orange" --New Jack, 1998 ECW timeline DVD

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Not a Pro Wrestler but he is probably an honorary one. Chael Sonnen is the next person to join the PodcastOne gravy train:
http://www.podcastone.com/chaelsonnen

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

rovert posted:

Not a Pro Wrestler but he is probably an honorary one

Chael trained at the Power Plant and cuts promos better than 99% of actual wrestlers

Honorary my rear end.

Also will be praying for him to wrassle Wanderlei in NJPW or something

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Oh man this is the best news ever :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

On the latest Talking Shop, Alex Koslov explains how he was a huge fan of Hulk Hogan growing up.... and that he didn't find out that Hogan was a pro-wrestler until 1996 :stare:

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

On the latest Talking Shop, Alex Koslov explains how he was a huge fan of Hulk Hogan growing up.... and that he didn't find out that Hogan was a pro-wrestler until 1996 :stare:

So he was a fan of one album and half a dozen movies? What?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Xerzes posted:

So he was a fan of one album and half a dozen movies? What?

He grew up in Russia so he'd just watch lovely dubbed action films (and Thunder in Paradise!) and as far as he knew Hogan was just another action star like Arnold Schwarzenegger. When he got into wrestling I don't think he watched WCW until it got hot with the nWo, and he turned on for the PPV where THE THIRD MAN was revealed. When Hogan shows up and everybody is surprised to see Hogan, Koslov was surprised too but for entirely different reasons.

There's also an amazing story about one of his friends when he was a kid basically being tortured by his parents to "break his spirit" because he ran wild and would bully other kids. Anderson and Rocky are laughing the entire time but in a "holy poo poo is he actually telling us this story what the Christ?" way.

Gallows is less shocked because he's drunk off his rear end and pissing everybody off.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I thought Gallows was an alcoholic, or am i thinking of Joey Mercury?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

ICHIBAHN posted:

I thought Gallows was an alcoholic, or am i thinking of Joey Mercury?

Mercury was pain medication from that time his face was split open in the Armageddon Ladder Match.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

KungFu Grip posted:

Mercury was pain medication from that time his face was split open in the Armageddon Ladder Match.

He talks about that in the CM Punk documentary. Says Punk saves his life and that Punk is his best friend

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
yeah. so I confused him with Gallows.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

gently caress it, I'm mailing Dave a 9 volt for that god damned smoke detector

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ch3cooh posted:

gently caress it, I'm mailing Dave a 9 volt for that god damned smoke detector
you will be a hero

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I popski'd for the second email in this week's Talk'n Shop. Too sweet me Great Power Hooti.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I really enjoyed the Wrestling Observer interview with Matt Farmer. Farmer's appearance on MLW was a waste IMO since Court didn't know anything about what Farmer was talking about but Dave could actually keep up. I think a show with Cornette would be great.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I hope they have Cornette on again so Bryan can get berated for asking duplicate questions. That was great last time.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
slightly ot but has anyone gotten the karl stern sticks? was thinking about getting #2 and #3 but was wondering how good they are.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I am addicted to these 16 bit wrestling themes after listening to that bryan and vinny episode.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Daniel Bryan posted:

I hope they have Cornette on again so Bryan can get berated for asking duplicate questions. That was great last time.

What episode was this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Ghostpilot posted:

What episode was this?

Pretty sure it was this show from January, the last show he was on: http://www.f4wonline.com/component/...young-tons-more

• Locked thread