Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

making this shirt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Phanatic posted:

And a crosspost from the milpic thread:

This is amazing

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007
It is mainly white people that hate kanye, not just nerds.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell

bees are not toys, silly dog

HBomb
Sep 26, 2004

All aboard.

That dumb dog got itself stung by a bee.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

"It's blowing your way Bubbles!"

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Trainmonk posted:

It is mainly white people that hate kanye, not just nerds.

Black man who's rich, successful and confident? Can't have that! Might set an example.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Dammit. Now I can't dislike Kanye or I'm de-facto racist.

Tony Bologna
Sep 21, 2007

Talk real good 'cause I'm smart and stuff

Lotish posted:

Dammit. Now I can't dislike Kanye or I'm de-facto racist.

Yeah, because Kanye is objectively great, he's the Tolstoy of modern America. Did you not hear Yeezus?

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
I think Kanye is pretty good at doing music.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

FadedReality posted:

I think Kanye is pretty good at doing music.

He's also pretty goddamn hilarious. Whether all of that is intentional or not is anyone's guess

Infyrno
Jul 24, 2003

The Duke

syscall girl posted:

He's also pretty goddamn hilarious. Whether all of that is intentional or not is anyone's guess

I am still having a daily inner struggle about how much, if any, the whole "Stand Up (even if you handicappd)" thing from the concerts was a joke, half a joke, or completely over his head.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

syscall girl posted:

This is true. Watch this video of Kanye doing a radio interview and completely flipping out at the interviewer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqPGImLF0m0

There's a remix too!

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Infyrno posted:

I am still having a daily inner struggle about how much, if any, the whole "Stand Up (even if you handicappd)" thing from the concerts was a joke, half a joke, or completely over his head.

Excuse me, no, we have determined that the only reason to find him to be weird is if you are a racist person, not that he's either a narcissistic psychopath or he's playing a very interesting narcissistic psychopath character.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.
A friend of mine has a personal theory that the sampling of King Crimson's 21st Century Schizoid Man in Power is Kanye West deliberately taking the piss out of his own insane public persona. Makes some sense, but who knows. Poe's Law and all that.

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

theflyingorc posted:

Excuse me, no, we have determined that the only reason to find him to be weird is if you are a racist person, not that he's either a narcissistic psychopath or he's playing a very interesting narcissistic psychopath character.

Kanye is almost as great as he thinks he is. The revulsion against Kanye really is limited almost entirely to the white race as well. It may not be overt racism but there is something deep with your lizard brains that tells you to hate him more than all the other narcissistic psychopath famous people running around.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
"Kanye West is a crazy nigga."

--Ned Holness

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Modern Day Hercules posted:

Kanye is almost as great as he thinks he is. The revulsion against Kanye really is limited almost entirely to the white race as well. It may not be overt racism but there is something deep with your lizard brains that tells you to hate him more than all the other narcissistic psychopath famous people running around.

I read a hilarious analysis of that video where he rides a motorcycle while Kim Kardashian poses saying Kanye was appropriating the cowboy image to scare white people.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

trapped mouse posted:

This is true. Watch this video of Kanye doing a radio interview and completely flipping out at the interviewer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqPGImLF0m0

There's a remix too!

I like how he's raging out but not facing the guy he's yelling at so he can clearly speak into the mic. Tru pro.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Do others agree with Kanye himself that he is "impactful"? I admit, I'm white. While I don't hate him, I've never been a fan so I definitely don't have any clue how influential his music is. Is it just his music? Does he do other things that are not exposed to me in my white-centric world? What, if anything, makes this man so great?

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

anonumos posted:

Do others agree with Kanye himself that he is "impactful"? I admit, I'm white. While I don't hate him, I've never been a fan so I definitely don't have any clue how influential his music is. Is it just his music? Does he do other things that are not exposed to me in my white-centric world? What, if anything, makes this man so great?

this is the whitest post in the universe

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

anonumos posted:

He's one of the most influential hip-hop producers of all time.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Jmcrofts posted:

He's one of the most influential hip-hop producers of all time.

A long and storied history to be sure

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
He's also very gay.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

anonumos posted:

I admit, I'm white.

Unforgiveable.

Dickey Butts
Feb 3, 2008

Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion.
Dude made some loving great music, he's also either batshit crazy or pretending to be. This whole discussion is dumb, none of you gave a poo poo when Ozzy was (is) crazy. Enjoy the show and chill the gently caress out. Or as my idol young jersey would say, "no one man should have this much influence."

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I don't know anyone who can stand Kanye, no matter what their skin color ism this is loving dumb

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.
So PYF Funny how's it going?

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Rough Lobster posted:

I don't know anyone who can stand Kanye, no matter what their skin color ism this is loving dumb

Same

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I hate him because no one man should have all that power.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Love.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Dillbag posted:

He's also very gay.

I thought that was Drake

Drake unironically owns. Also, in defense of Kanye:

http://youtu.be/zIUzLpO1kxI?t=1m19s

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Yeah, that's what I mean. There are so many far worse people out there, people who are genuinely awful but manage to stay in the spotlight. But mention Kanye, who other than the wheelchair thing, has really done nothing, and everyone shits themselves.

Mr Executive
Aug 27, 2006

Dillbag posted:

He's also very gay.

trapped mouse posted:

I thought that was Drake

Drake isn't a fish, though.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Kanye west is pretty cool and I agree it's mostly white people who can't stand him.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Drake the type of nigga not to derail a thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Drake looks like the type of guy to ask you how your day was, and massage your shoulders

• Locked thread