Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

RacistGuidingLight posted:

I will if no one else will. Kids don't know that the cats in American Tale are communists or the roach was a jew. They have no frame of reference and are not smart enough to appreciate it had they. They also LOVE to be pandered to.

I want to gently caress a plane every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib
Who hasn't put their wife in a bib in a high chair, held their dick in their hand, and said, "Open wide. The plane's coming in for a landing."

Rival
Dec 13, 2004

Black Bones posted:

Then why is Reviewer-Buu portrayed as triumphant over Girl-Plane?

He isn't. You seem to have pulled this notion directly out of your rear end.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

I am happy to say that the last 8 pages of everybody owning the poo poo out of the CR writers is more entertaining that everything written by CR in the last few months.

Can we make the Current Releases just a link to this thread from page 60 onwards?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I will if no one else will. Kids don't know that the cats in American Tale are communists or the roach was a jew. They have no frame of reference and are not smart enough to appreciate it had they. They also LOVE to be pandered to.

But those are authorial intent issues, aren't they? That's a good bit different than 'look at those tail flaps moving, that's CLEARLY a sign I should have a boner for this plane, THOSE PERVERTS!'

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
What I'm trying to say is the writer of American Tale intending cats to be stand ins for soviet oppressors was probably a fairly big aspect of the point in his mind, but wiggling tail flaps is just the CR writer trying to justify why the lady plane gave him a boner.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

And to think this guy gets banned and probated on a constant basis for funny contributions like this. Kind of hosed up imo.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
I've already posted this elsewhere, but I might as well put it here too:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sham bam bamina! posted:

That has to be the single most forced and unfunny attempt at the "loss.jpg" meme I have ever witnessed. Either that or it is the spewing of a mind which should not be allowed to handle even moderately sharp objects without the presence of multiple psychiatric ward professionals.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Rival posted:

He isn't. You seem to have pulled this notion directly out of your rear end.

Then why is the last frame before the credits his smile? That and the text imply that he is enjoying the confrontation. If you have a better reading, go ahead and make it. It's fun!

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
can someone ban or probate black bones?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

systran posted:

lol

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Hi hello you may not have read the thread but the title of the thread is not accurate, and is actually a blatant lie!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sham bam bamina! posted:

What is this from?

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Tatum Girlparts posted:

What is this from?

A review of a movie about demon possession.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Only the cats at the very beginning were communists, the others were like tenement baron Ayn Randian wet dreams. Also, the mice were obviously jews as well, leaving for America during the Russian revolution. The dad is pretty obviously Tevye from OH GODDAMNIT WHAT AM I DOING!

Julius CSAR fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Oct 10, 2014

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

Black Bones posted:

Then why is the last frame before the credits his smile? That and the text imply that he is enjoying the confrontation. If you have a better reading, go ahead and make it. It's fun!

I thought the last frame was goatse

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Crow_Rodeo posted:

Only the cats at the very beginning were communists, the others were like tenement baron Ayn Randian wet dreams.

Thank you for this. I feel better now.

Someone get this guy on the frontpage.

Rival
Dec 13, 2004

Black Bones posted:

Because he's a dumbass. A dumbass who gets boners from planes and enjoys confrontation, apparently. It's clearly the poo poo-eating grin of someone who isn't nearly as smart as he thinks he is. This isn't really that hard to figure out.

Rival fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Oct 10, 2014

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

syscall girl posted:

Thank you for this. I feel better now.

Someone get this guy on the frontpage.

Actually I would really like to write current releases just so I can write reviews that discuss shot composition, historical accuracy, character development, etc. Alas, I guess that's just not CR is about anymore. Honestly the last really good review was "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty"

Nostalgic Pushead
Jul 31, 2013

Black Bones posted:

I understand that Autism Spectrum Disorders are quite difficult to live with, but perhaps instead of writing passages of text that are completely detached from reality you should get therapy. Just a suggestion.

Crow_Rodeo posted:

Actually I would really like to write current releases just so I can write reviews that discuss shot composition, historical accuracy, character development, etc. Alas, I guess that's just not CR is about anymore. Honestly the last really good review was "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty"
Oh come on, I bet you don't even know what a female plane looks like.

Nostalgic Pushead fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Oct 11, 2014

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
I just want to say, as someone who has defended CR in the past, I can see how things have gotten a little unbearable lately, but I want to echo a positive note someone made a bit back saying Jay Dub and Vargo are the best ones of the lot. I like CR because it's something my dumb phone can actually load and it's nice light reading on my lunch on Sundays at work, so maybe tone down on the things people are bitching about so I can still have my nice light reading because I am a big dumb babby, I don't want to see this feature go away completely!

However, this is hilarious.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
I just wanted to say I used alas in a prior post and I am really sorry about that.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

systran posted:

I'll tell ya what, systran; I'll stop posting if you will.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

The issue is when you take issue with a movie because 'this plane is too sexy, MISOGYNY!' there's no conversation to be had there, literally no one looks at a plane and goes 'yea, a sexy object, much like a woman'. You're just inventing people to be mad at.

there are boy planes and girl planes and only the girl ones are sexy

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Actually plane gender is a very touchy issue and as a trans plane gamer girl I

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

little munchkin posted:

there are boy planes and girl planes and only the girl ones are sexy

A tailflap is a tailflap when you get right down to it, though.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

girl planes are the ones with boobs and they are sexy

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Breadallelogram posted:

girl planes are the ones with boobs and they are sexy

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Sham bam bamina! posted:

The guy who wrote this also wrote the Gone Girl review. He sees a lot of rape and misogyny in movies he reviews.

I think he's projecting. Is he OK?

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Y-Hat posted:

The guy who wrote this also wrote the Gone Girl review. He sees a lot of rape and misogyny in movies he reviews.

I think he's projecting. Is he OK?

There is absolutely something very wrong with him.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Keanu Grieves posted:

You're making some ridiculous assumptions about gender if you think neither Ashley nor Libby have penises.
Backing you up here: The One I Love is like a really good Twilight Zone episode, and one of my favorites of the year so far. Thanks for recommending it.

Sorry to illegally double post, but, he's absolutely not making any ridiculous assumptions.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Oh yeah keanu grieves made this Spider-Man review where he talks about how Spider-Man hates women (http://www.somethingawful.com/current-movie-reviews/amazing-spider-man2/2/) .

He also said Only God Forgives is bad because it also hates women, even though that's the most facile interpretation about the movie possible http://www.somethingawful.com/current-movie-reviews/turbo-conjuring/4/ but somehow, even though Pacific Rim is a terrible movie where only one woman speaks at all it got zero points deducted for MISOGYNY (http://www.somethingawful.com/current-movie-reviews/pacific-rim/1/). And even though the Pacific Rim review gives low points to "everything critics generally judge movies by" and OGF gets high points for those things, OGF gets the lower score. I wonder why that is

Algund Eenboom fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Oct 12, 2014

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
That Pacific Rim review was literally the most humorless thing I've ever read.

quote:

Elsewhere, logistical problems in the premise keep piling up. We're told that one jaeger contains "fifty diesel engines in a single muscle strand." Really? After years of war, with everyone hiding from the giant monsters that keep crawling out of the loving ocean to play real-world Rampage every few days, where are they getting the oil? Why does every city appear as if it's never been wrecked by robots and monsters before? Such concerns are beyond a movie whose tagline is "go big or go extinct."

And another thing! In Godzilla: King of Monsters he clearly wrecks much of Tokyo's industrial and commercial areas, such an act would surely cripple the Japanese economy, yet in Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla everything seems fine??? Boy, I hope someone got fired for that blunder.

Chilled Cactus
Nov 15, 2011

College Slice
Only God Forgives is the Triumph of the Will of misogyny because it features one (1) negative female character. the fact that the women-harming male characters are presented as clearly bad and scary and the protagonist ultimately willingly surrenders his own women-harming hands to the antagonist counts for zero points

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Can you guys imagine having so little respect for women that they aren't allowed to be villans?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Can you guys imagine having so little respect for women that they aren't allowed to be villans?

It really does read as some 'look we all KNOW women are evil, stop showing it so much already!' kinda thing when it keeps happening over and over, doesn't it?

Chilled Cactus
Nov 15, 2011

College Slice
women can't have any shared responsibility for the evils of the world because, like stupid animals, they aren't truly sentient and don't possess the capacity to make good or evil decisions

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky
all men are rapists and all women are victyms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Everything's the same as it always is.

Chilled Cap posted:

women can't have any shared responsibility for the evils of the world because, like stupid animals, they aren't truly sentient and don't possess the capacity to make good or evil decisions

Ah, I see. So he's just using the wrong words then! He's not mad about misogyny, he's mad that they're breaking his suspension of disbelief!

• Locked thread