Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Ravane posted:

I don't know what the gently caress Hanutse Mikunis is, but I think we need more augmented reality apps like that. Can you imagine playing street fighter on a loving Domino's Pizza box?

No.

And neither should you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Sober posted:

The entire country is under a dome

The entire world is under a dome

The entire galaxy is under a dome

It was all just a dog's dream

The dog is under the dome

The dome is the cover of the autistic kid's snowglobe.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

raditts posted:

The dome is the cover of the autistic kid's snowglobe.

John Munch arrests the kid's dad for homicide.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Why is he acting like he's talking to an audience of five year olds?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

raditts posted:

It's presumably a commercial for a Japanese audience.

Also I guess it's supposed to be fun and poo poo.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

raditts posted:

Simple English and an "upbeat" message.
Lest you think japanese people thought it was interesting/good, no. They thought it was awkward as hell

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Deadpool posted:

Well "With Live+7 DVR viewing factored in, Dome was the summer’s No. 1 scripted series, averaging 11 million viewers and a 2.7 rating." seems to explain at least one of them.

UTD and Extant are pretty much unique cases where the ratings don't matter much at all. CBS made huge streaming deals with Amazon, and between those and foreign sales the shows are profitable no matter what the ratings are.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

How To Get Away With Murder and Black-ish were picked up for full seasons by ABC. I believe they're the first full pickups of the season. Black-ish gets the standard 22 episodes while Murder will be getting 15.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

raditts posted:

Let's look at a Hatsune Miku fan shall we?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnPmHyQfQAQ

Ah, they are manchildren.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Before anyone asks, a limited episode season for HTGAWM was a condition of Viola Davis doing the show so she could continue to explore film opportunities.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wasn't there something about it only being a one season show too?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

zoux posted:

Let's look at a Hatsune Miku fan shall we?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnPmHyQfQAQ

Ah, they are manchildren.

"...I don't think I can even get broadcast TV I haven't cared about that in years"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

"...I don't think I can even get broadcast TV I haven't cared about that in years"

Is it on crunchyroll? Then I don't give a gently caress.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

muscles like this? posted:

That would be interesting.

I gotta say, between Murder and Scandal, I'm liking the new Black Female Antihero thing going on. Although they're both from the same person so it's not quite a trend like the White Male Antihero was yet.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

There's really nothing definitive one way or the other. My understanding was that the plan was always for this season to be shorter and the rest would be revisited later depending upon how satisfied Viola Davis was, how big the show turned out to be, etc.

The way things are going now, I'd say there's a good chance it gets a full-length network TV season next year. People are absolutely gushing over her performance (and rightfully so) and it's turning out to be a big hit.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Nielsen admits months of ratings were wrong: http://www.cnbc.com/id/102070644

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Mu Zeta posted:

He says, with two ancient cathode ray TVs behind him. Irony or something.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

There's really nothing definitive one way or the other. My understanding was that the plan was always for this season to be shorter and the rest would be revisited later depending upon how satisfied Viola Davis was, how big the show turned out to be, etc.

The way things are going now, I'd say there's a good chance it gets a full-length network TV season next year. People are absolutely gushing over her performance (and rightfully so) and it's turning out to be a big hit.

How's the show? I haven't seen Scandal but Grays Anatomy was super not-my-thing. I have read that, as you say, Viola Davis is great in it, but nothing more.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Caught a bit of it, seemed about as truthful to law school as Anatomy was to hospital training. Also primetime soap romance. Nothing about it grabbed me.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Can somebody just spoil Under the Dome for me? I'm vaguely curious but also know that it's not at all good. Is there some underlying mystery I can just google the answer to, or is it just a whole series with the same premise as the Simpsons Movie?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Jack Gladney posted:

Can somebody just spoil Under the Dome for me? I'm vaguely curious but also know that it's not at all good. Is there some underlying mystery I can just google the answer to, or is it just a whole series with the same premise as the Simpsons Movie?

Well in the book the dome was put over the town by some teenage aliens who were doing it to gently caress with the inhabitants

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

zoux posted:

Well in the book the dome was put over the town by some teenage aliens who were doing it to gently caress with the inhabitants

Isn't that just a loving star trek episode?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Just add some rape and you have a bestseller.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

IRQ posted:

Isn't that just a loving star trek episode?

It's like five. There are only maybe 10 plots in all of Star Trek, and energy blob aliens are in half.

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat

Jack Gladney posted:

As far as I can tell in the show, the dome is a secondary protective outer shell for a space egg.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
UTD

In the book, the dome is an alien ant farm that was put down purely to gently caress with humans. When they see the pain that they wrought on barbie and the dome, they just gently caress off

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

So apparently Gracepoint brought back the lovely, pointless, terrible psychic arc/character from Broadchurch

If I could change one thing about Broadchurch, even over the really messy and kinda bad finale it would've been scrubbing that dude from existing on the show so I'm p mad about this

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Josh Lyman posted:

Nielsen admits months of ratings were wrong: http://www.cnbc.com/id/102070644

It seems like ABC shows for this season were mostly rated slightly too high.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Wandle Cax posted:

Ouch.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Wandle Cax posted:

Deadpool posted:

How To Get Away With Murder and Black-ish were picked up for full seasons by ABC.

Whoops! :smithmouth:

Daedo
May 5, 2002

Wandle Cax posted:

It seemed like all their shows were being adjusted up .1-.3 in the ratings between the overnights and final ratings, at least for all the premieres

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

USA has announced that the final season of White Collar will start Nov 6th. Even though I really like the show I'm fine with it finally ending because the premise was getting kind of long in the tooth.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

USA has announced that the final season of White Collar will start Nov 6th. Even though I really like the show I'm fine with it finally ending because the premise was getting kind of long in the tooth.

Really, they should have ended it last season but then Neal got kidnapped for no reason at all.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
My roommate watched A to Z and hated it, so I had to subject myself to it, also because Cristin Miloti is adorable, and what do I hear to lead off the show? A monologue ripped straight from the beginning of (500) Days of Summer.

edit: aaaaaahhhhhh now the girl is talking about how destiny isn't real and the dude is overly romantic this is 500 days of summer when did JGL get so ugly

edit: The end saved it, Cristin Miloti is a great actress and the dumb romantic side of me that liked 500DoS and HIMYM loved that scene at the concert.

That said, the end of the episode, where Katey Segal (another rip from HIMYM, but lady version) says "they will date for 8 months, 23 days, and one hour" is the most obvious fake-out in history, they get engaged/married/some other word for "not dating" at the end of the season.

And the second episode starts with the male lead walking in to work with happy music playing in his head. Not Hall and Oates, but still, the moment they go to Ikea and have fake conversations is the moment the writers of (500) Days of Summer file a suit with the WGA.

edit: Selfie owns.

Yoshifan823 fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Oct 11, 2014

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm really like Korra right now. Season 3 had Henry Rollins. Season 4 so far is really dark and I think the protagonist is suicidal. Only on Nick!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I just watched the first three episodes of Black-ish and it's funny as hell. Definitely adding this show to my rotation.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

I'm really like Korra right now. Season 3 had Henry Rollins. Season 4 so far is really dark and I think the protagonist is suicidal. Only on Nick!

It started out as a bad show, stayed a bad show for the bulk of its run, and it's almost certainly going to have a really rushed and lovely ending. What's even the point of getting into it now?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's good for an anime

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Is Parks and Rec season 6 good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Deadpool posted:

I just watched the first three episodes of Black-ish and it's funny as hell. Definitely adding this show to my rotation.

The latest episode was one of the funniest things I've seen in awhile. The kids continue to be some of the greatest child comedy actors I've ever seen and the adult cast remains fantastic as well. I'm not sure how I feel about Charlie, since characters like him have taken over lesser sitcoms and ruined them, but hopefully he'll just be in the occasional episode.

It's a fun show to read about online, too, because people keep going off on what the show should and shouldn't do. Depending on who you ask, the second episode was either a miserable failure because it didn't have enough black stuff going on or it was fantastic because it proved that a black family has the same issues a white family does.

I didn't give a poo poo either way because I thought the second episode was funny. Glad it got a full season pickup.

• Locked thread