Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
A Wanda/Pietro book could be pretty good. It comes down to the writer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Aphrodite posted:

I meant that Bendis has said that it won't do poo poo to his X-Men titles, which are the flagships.

Good. He did say that he will be using the ending as a jumping on point, but there are no crossovers which is good since it just ended one.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Uh, on that Secret Wars cover, is that St. George in the middle at the bottom? If so holy poo poo. I never thought I'd ever see St. George again. For some reason I had those comics as kid and really liked them. I don't ever remember buying them though.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Deadpool posted:

Uh, on that Secret Wars cover, is that St. George in the middle at the bottom? If so holy poo poo. I never thought I'd ever see St. George again. For some reason I had those comics as kid and really liked them. I don't ever remember buying them though.
Count Zero (also of the Shadowline series) is in the upper left corner.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

goldenoreos posted:

Fantastic Four isn't really pulling big numbers so it doesn't surprise me Marvel wants to end it

There will be a lot of wailing and gnashing of (false) teeth. For many of the old-timers, Fantastic Four is Marvel.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Gynovore posted:

There will be a lot of wailing and gnashing of (false) teeth. For many of the old-timers, Fantastic Four is Marvel.

I'm not that old, but Fantastic Four is what got me into comics and will always be my favorite. That said, Hickman owned that comic so hard that I'm not sad to see them taken off the main lineup a few years. I have to imagine that it's always been the least popular of the big titles compared to X-Men and Avengers. It's never been as hot as either of the other titles are now either. So I'm happy with them splitting up, having no comic titled Fantastic Four for a few years, let it simmer, let the characters make a bigger name for themselves in other comics, let the movies spawn another terrible attempt at a franchise, then in a few years bring it back to much fanfare and rejoicing. I'm not saying that FF have no place or that someone couldn't come along and write them really well again, but I feel like it's a property that isn't going to get hot with the masses while it's still in the spotlight.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

PaybackJack posted:

I'm not that old, but Fantastic Four is what got me into comics and will always be my favorite. That said, Hickman owned that comic so hard that I'm not sad to see them taken off the main lineup a few years. I have to imagine that it's always been the least popular of the big titles compared to X-Men and Avengers. It's never been as hot as either of the other titles are now either. So I'm happy with them splitting up, having no comic titled Fantastic Four for a few years, let it simmer, let the characters make a bigger name for themselves in other comics, let the movies spawn another terrible attempt at a franchise, then in a few years bring it back to much fanfare and rejoicing. I'm not saying that FF have no place or that someone couldn't come along and write them really well again, but I feel like it's a property that isn't going to get hot with the masses while it's still in the spotlight.

I just hope they place Thing somewhere. Unlike Hawkguy I am a big fan.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

I just hope they place Thing somewhere. Unlike Hawkguy I am a big fan.

I think there's a natural split of Reed going off with NA/Stark, Ben with the Mighty Avengers, Sue with the vanilla Avengers. Johnny could end up with Spider-Man as a supporting character, which I think would be pretty awful although it seems they've undone most of his post "death" character development anyway so that's probably better than him getting lost in the shuffle of some other team.

Edit: Thing had his own book for a decent run back in the day, possible he could carry one in this era for a while. They seem willing to give a lot of characters solo runs recently.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Oct 10, 2014

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Dan Slott's Giant Size Thing was an entertaining comic a few years ago.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

It also looks like Fraction is completely done with Marvel, as his con schedule is all Image. I know that everyone assumed this, but this is pretty much confirmed.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I wonder if that's just going to be your comics arc now: do a few series or a well-received run for Marvel, then go creator-owned at Image. Maybe get lured back to Marvel now and again for fun.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Now let me get this straight. A Secret Wars revival with Shadowline, the original New Universe, MC2, Miles Morales, Supreme Power, and motherfucking Obnoxio thrown in for starters? Can Planet Terry, Dreadstar, the Jaspers Warp and Weirdworld be far behind? This is like some kind of teenage smash-all-the-toys-together fever dream come true.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Wanderer posted:

I wonder if that's just going to be your comics arc now: do a few series or a well-received run for Marvel, then go creator-owned at Image. Maybe get lured back to Marvel now and again for fun.

Usually its

Smaller Indie series or mini at Image/Avatar/etc to get noticed. -> Marvel until you're a big name -> Bigger Image series sold on name recognition from Marvel

Circutron
Apr 29, 2006
We are confident that the Islamic logic, culture, and discourse can prove their superiority in all fields over all schools of thought and theories.

delfin posted:

Now let me get this straight. A Secret Wars revival with Shadowline, the original New Universe, MC2, Miles Morales, Supreme Power, and motherfucking Obnoxio thrown in for starters? Can Planet Terry, Dreadstar, the Jaspers Warp and Weirdworld be far behind? This is like some kind of teenage smash-all-the-toys-together fever dream come true.

Which is appropriate, considering that the original Secret Wars was just Marvel making all the action figures in the toybox fight each other because ????.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Circutron posted:

Which is appropriate, considering that the original Secret Wars was just Marvel making all the action figures in the toybox fight each other because ????.

Because there were actual action figures that had to be sold, I think.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

bobkatt013 posted:

It also looks like Fraction is completely done with Marvel, as his con schedule is all Image. I know that everyone assumed this, but this is pretty much confirmed.

Man, that sucks - I'm not much of an indie comic fan, even though Image tends to be the best of the bunch I still just don't find myself interested by almost any of their stuff, so it's sad that Hawkeye will be the last we see of him.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Wolpertinger posted:

Man, that sucks - I'm not much of an indie comic fan, even though Image tends to be the best of the bunch I still just don't find myself interested by almost any of their stuff, so it's sad that Hawkeye will be the last we see of him.

Well, we've got at least six more months of Hawkeye if things keep going the way they have been! :buddy:

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Has there been a confirmed end date for Hawkeye?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Has there been a confirmed end date for Hawkeye?
The reason it isn't out yet is just because Fraction doesn't want to end it. There's nothing else really pushing it back right now. It's dated at December 10th on some websites right now.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I've never given a toss about the Fantastic Four but I'll be rather displeased if, as you'd expect, this edict also applies to Doom. He's too drat good to mothball!

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Flameingblack posted:

The reason it isn't out yet is just because Fraction doesn't want to end it. There's nothing else really pushing it back right now. It's dated at December 10th on some websites right now.

He finished the final script a while ago.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

A Tin Of Beans posted:

Well, we've got at least six more months of Hawkeye if things keep going the way they have been! :buddy:

There are two more issues.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone

Sentinel Red posted:

I've never given a toss about the Fantastic Four but I'll be rather displeased if, as you'd expect, this edict also applies to Doom. He's too drat good to mothball!

Don't worry, Hickman will be taking good care of Doom based on his raising importance in New Avengers.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

bobkatt013 posted:

So a full year of Hawkeye left?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Wolpertinger posted:

:allears:

Please go on and tell me more about how Image is indie.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

SynthOrange posted:

Sorry, "not big two", not indie.

Though iirc isn't the whole point of Image is they publish stuff for authors with no interference or strings attached beyond them getting a cut? That sounds kinda indie-ish.

Wolpertinger fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Oct 11, 2014

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

SynthOrange posted:

I'd really like you to explain how they're not. They're by far the biggest name indie publisher, sure, but they're indie. All they do is print and distribute comics under a common publisher name. Everything else is on the creators of those comics.

EDIT: They're not self-published, if that's your definition of "indie."

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Oct 11, 2014

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Aw man, it sucks there's only 2 Hawkeye issues left. Although I guess Ms Marvel will still scratch the low-key, small-scale superhero itch

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm also hoping Squirrel Girl will fill that hole too.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Threep posted:

Didn't see this coming:

(more)

That's amazing! Marvel paid Alex Ross enough money that he was willing to draw characters created after 1979!

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

bobkatt013 posted:

:thejoke: I just meant that Hawkeye hasn't exactly been coming out in a timely fashion.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
Well you're in luck because LEMIRE AND PEREZ ARE TAKING OVER HAWKEYE WHAT THE HECK

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Best thing Lemire can do is to just do his thing and not try and have the book be Fraction-lite or Hawkguy 2.0.

(Also I hope this leads to some Lemire covers and variants.)

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

That's a pretty awesome combo right there. Kind of crazy, but I wasn't hopeful there'd even be more Hawkeye, so I'll be impressed if they're able to pull it off.

Edit: Oh, haha, I didn't read the article so I thought it was George Perez, not Ramon. I haven't seen any of his stuff, is he good?

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Oct 12, 2014

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone
Also Guardians and X-Men are having a crossover where Thane finally reappears. Interestingly enough, Bendis is not the lead writer, but Humphries is.

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/17708/20141011/guardians-galaxy-x-men-unite-black-vortex-february.htm

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Woah that's crazy. I hope Lemire pulls out his A game because so far I think his Big 2 work has been real hit or miss.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Finally, the Ant-man book is announced!

By Nick Spencer! gently caress this monkey's paw!
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=56241

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Finally, the Ant-man book is announced!

By Nick Spencer! gently caress this monkey's paw!
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=56241

It's probably going to be fine?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Senor Candle posted:

It's probably going to be fine?

If he doesn't go to his habit of "tons of plotlines that progress every half year" it'll probably be fine, yeah. But I kept wishing an Hank Pym on-going by Mark Waid after that Age of Ultron one-shot he did, if it's not happening now it's probably never gonna happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Yeah Waid would be ideal but after Superior Foes I'm very willing to give Spencer a shot on this.

• Locked thread