Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brain.centipedes
Feb 6, 2010

I guess the execution is fine, but the process sounds loving stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
I went to a tattoo shop in Hayward, CA where a little hispanic kid tattooed a Koi on me. It was a trascendental experience.

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

LingcodKilla posted:

Me three but just barely.

This is called "Morton's Toe" and if you have it bad enough it can mess with your knees and lower back. I got shoe inserts and it helps! :science:

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

brain.centipedes posted:

I guess the execution is fine, but the process sounds loving stupid.

Sounds like a pretty surefire way to make money off tourists.

"Yeah man, it's all from the viiiiibe the monk gets off you, maaan."

DorkusMalorkus has a new favorite as of 17:37 on Oct 3, 2014

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Looks like he was trying for a dopamine molecule and then decided to add a bunch of impossible poo poo to it.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

theironjef posted:

Looks like he was trying for a dopamine molecule and then decided to add a bunch of impossible poo poo to it.

Coincidentally the exact kind of ill-fated decision one is likely to make when high as a kite on it.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

DorkusMalorkus posted:

Sounds like a pretty surefire way to make money off tourists.

"Yeah man, it's all from the viiiiibe the monk gets off you, maaan."

Looks pretty nice though, I wouldn't care if it was a tourist scam.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

beato posted:

Looks pretty nice though, I wouldn't care if it was a tourist scam.

I'd love the top bit, but the rest im iffy about.
Well not the tats themselves but the placement.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
It's called Yantra and that is in fact how they are often applied. They are sort of a combination of magic spell, Theravada scripture and tattoo so the monk tattooing them does usually select the designs based on profession, current life situations, hopes and dreams. They are built in a sort of lego fashion where different designs are associated with different magic powers but a single monk will have a limited scope of designs he tattoos in different orders and patterns to create a customized ritual for the individual person. You're supposed to get them added to constantly as your life changes and as the ink and the tattoos supposed power fades away. A lot of time in Thailand you'll see MMA Fighters, Criminals and Police Officers who have huge ones covering their entire back in tiny little scripture and religious designs.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Spotted on bodybuilding.com of all places.

Why not get some ugly tattoos of your favorite bodybuilder?

For reference, that's Kai Greene and he looks like this.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Waiting for the post in the schadenfreude thread when this dude contracts ebola somehow.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Death before (w)homo? Guy really likes his whole milk.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

What a terrible tattoo, I bet he has terrible taste in clothes too

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Mixing three different typefaces is a horrible mistake.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

OCNTH BEFOQE VHONU?

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
Death Before Whores?

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
I first read it as Death before Irony, and now I'm slightly disappointed that it isn't.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

What a terrible tattoo, I bet he has terrible taste in clothes too

Look at his shirt. Hypothesis: confirmed.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Mixing three different typefaces is a horrible mistake.

That poo poo is amateur hour.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I don't think that's a real backpiece, honestly. The large Brenda across the shoulders made up of little Brendas, sure, but not the insane font boogaloo of the bottom. It looks photoshopped, or maybe I'm just desperately hoping nobody would willingly put Papyrus on their body.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

I'm gonna go ahead and imagine that he came home with that, showed it to Brenda, and proudly exclaimed: "Alright, baby! I did it! Just like I said I would! Now, as per our deal, it's your turn!" Brenda does an exemplary job of disguising her tears of horror as tears of joy for this man's inability to understand a half drunken joke.
"Gaylord, you're the most amazing man ever." She manages to stammer as she picks up her purse. "I'll be back in a few hours, dear." Before the reality of what she has just witnessed has had time to sink in, her subconscious has brought her to her car, turned the key and sent her barreling down the highway, never to return.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
The BRENDA backpiece has been circulating for so long that my desire for it to be real trumps any evidence to the contrary.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Istari posted:

I first read it as Death before Irony, and now I'm slightly disappointed that it isn't.

Yeah it's just the expected "Death before Dishonor" with most of the last word cut off by the wrap. Not only a terrible idea with 3 different fonts for no reason, but they're all fairly terrible fonts to boot.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Yeah I can believe it. I got a coworker who's a biker in a hells angel affiliated club who has his wife's name tattooed on him for each year of their 30+ marriage but they are scattered all over the place. He also has about 100 or so lovely old tattoos in general.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
Here's a guy who loves Tom Brady

KittySpinEcho
Jun 8, 2013

Be bear aware!

I went on a winter vacation to Cuba back in January and we had the pleasure of meeting this guy. He started every day by pounding back a 40 of rum and venturing out into the world. One day he hopped in a cab and the driver took him to some random little town. He met a Cuban man that spoke broken English and asked if this drunken white boy wanted a tattoo.

He followed this guy up into a broken down shanty apartment building, like 5 stories up and got tattoed in the guys cramped living room with about 10 other people living in the apartment going about their day to day lives. Sounded pretty hygienic...

He stumbled back into the resort later that night and we all noticed the new, seriously crooked, spur of the moment tattoo on the guys back. :stonk: The next day he was drunk again, laying in the sand and decided to screw the healing process and went swimming in the ocean.

KittySpinEcho has a new favorite as of 03:30 on Oct 11, 2014

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

It took me a while to realize this wasn't a mugshot. Oh, it is! I was so sure that orange jersey was a prisoner's jumpsuit that when I noticed it wasn't, I jumped to the conclusion that these were just very enthusiastic selfies.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

The eyes... They seem to follow you around the room...

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

LingcodKilla posted:

Yeah I can believe it. I got a coworker who's a biker in a hells angel affiliated club who has his wife's name tattooed on him for each year of their 30+ marriage but they are scattered all over the place. He also has about 100 or so lovely old tattoos of his wife's name.

I was half expecting you to end the sentence this way and I was about to be sincerely impressed.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

The B in Cuba looked more like an L and for a minute it looked like "yo amo culo," which would have been funnier.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Maaaan, that's the kinda look you see on the news after a political rally or pee-wee football game gets shot up.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

DorkusMalorkus posted:

The B in Cuba looked more like an L and for a minute it looked like "yo amo culo," which would have been funnier.

That's exactly what I thought it said, too.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

These loss.jpgs are getting really surreal.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

I'm kind of impressed at the level of detail there is in such a small tattoo, but it's going to blur out once healed.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

I'm kind of impressed at the level of detail there is in such a small tattoo, but it's going to blur out once healed.

... Did she lose her fingers to Starbucks?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

w00tmonger posted:

... Did she lose her fingers to Starbucks?

I believe it was a vicious hashing accident. #dont #let #it #happen# t#o# y#o#u# ###

E: gently caress, my fingers!

Cocaine Bear has a new favorite as of 17:03 on Oct 11, 2014

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

#lostfingat #never4get

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Maybe her fingers are being systematically removed by Starbucks and she's trying to warn everyone subtly.

LOVE. STARBUCKS. OR. ELSE.

#PSL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Not sure of the context or reasoning behind this tattoo, but it's pretty weird:
Possibly :nws:: http://i.imgur.com/Jns8don.jpg

• Locked thread