Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Yeah rebounding seems to have been "fixed". Your guy gets the rebounds you expect him to, guys no longer jump straight up in the air and get hit in the head with the ball, AI big men no longer teleport around/over you if they get a lucky roll on the rebounding RNG check, and the computer seems to be pretty good about letting you get the rebound if you're clearly in position and are obviously the one who's going to get it as opposed to fighting you for it. Seems much easier to have decent games as a big man now than in 2k14, where you'd end up with like 3 rebounds in a game because your PG managed to out-jump you for every other rebound. I've noticed players also don't give away whether a shot is a make or miss now by actually attempting to box out on every shot rather than just misses like they did in 2k14.

I still wish they'd figure out a way to have off-ball player movement feel less rigid and not be so animation-dependent, but all in all this year's version seems to feel really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Tried a bit of myTeam tonight. loving awful. Defense is impossible. Scrublords like Nemanja Nedovic shooting 80% from 3. Pablo Prigioni dropping 35 on 80% shooting from the field (6 minute quarters). The second game I played, the opposing team shot 70% from the field. poo poo is infuriating.

I'm mad at video games for how bad I am in MyTeam. I played the first game against the Jazz in Domination mode with 4 silvers and a gold player and still lost. Was up 10 in the 1st Q and thought it was easy. Up 5 at the half and then down 5 half way through the 3rd. Missed a game tying 3 at the buzzer, not that I would have won in OT anyway.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

VDay posted:

Yeah rebounding seems to have been "fixed". Your guy gets the rebounds you expect him to, guys no longer jump straight up in the air and get hit in the head with the ball, AI big men no longer teleport around/over you if they get a lucky roll on the rebounding RNG check, and the computer seems to be pretty good about letting you get the rebound if you're clearly in position and are obviously the one who's going to get it as opposed to fighting you for it. Seems much easier to have decent games as a big man now than in 2k14, where you'd end up with like 3 rebounds in a game because your PG managed to out-jump you for every other rebound. I've noticed players also don't give away whether a shot is a make or miss now by actually attempting to box out on every shot rather than just misses like they did in 2k14.

I still wish they'd figure out a way to have off-ball player movement feel less rigid and not be so animation-dependent, but all in all this year's version seems to feel really good.

Try switching the freelance offense your team is running, we did a couple of videos on the changes to them this year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCuEO_yEmzU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vy_k3Hs2L0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWRyorLFjII

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I wish Myteam loving worked for me, that's for sure.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Dante Exum's voice is so dreamy

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Two of the 3 people I've played in myTeam have Kevin Durant in the middle of all their bronze scrubs which essentially makes them unbeatable for an actual bronze scrub team like mine. Was there some bullshit preorder promotion or something?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Yeah, preorders got a rookie KD card.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

hopterque posted:

Although he's only Silver

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Anyone notice missing info in MyCareer mode during games? Commentators saying things like "let's take a look at the best 3-point shooters over the last 10 games...Lillard at 5th" but the chart doesn't show on screen like last year.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Yeah, it's pretty funny.

"Here's a list of x, sorry, you don't get to see the list".

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Is it safe to attempt scanning my face again, yet?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

peer posted:

I'm finding rebounding to be massively easier this time around. Positioning seems to be the key (as it should be), and I rarely see opposing players magically snatch rebounds out of my guy's hands anymore. Usually your guy is also smart enough to jump slightly towards the ball to catch it, rather than straight up.

I must be the only one who is a little worse at rebounding this year. (of course playing MyPlayer and focusing on being a big man probably would make me better at it.) Several times I've had players grab/drop a rebound or have the ball just roll off their arm.

Which mode do people here like more, MyGM or MyLeague? I still can't decide which one I like more. Both are pretty fun, being able to stack the NBA in MyLeague with classic teams is great. I also like being able to change the number of games in a season and in a playoff series. In the first MyLeague season, less playoff games needed to win a series caused the 95-96 Bulls (with Ray Allen) to be upset by the current Bulls. (Gasol came back right in time for the series.)

If you play MyLeague, don't make the mistake I did the first time and forget to set it to multiple seasons. Having my team lose in the Finals and realizing I don't get to do next year stinks.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Oct 10, 2014

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Finally got my first myTeam win and it got erased because the servers weren't available. Cool.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Is any of the new content in the PS3/360 versions, or is that just a roster update?

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

hopterque posted:

In theory. My KD PREORDER PACK FROM GAMESTOP gave me Glen Davis.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Mandrel posted:

In theory. My KD PREORDER PACK FROM GAMESTOP gave me Glen Davis.

holy poo poo :lol:

Havent tried MyTeam yet. I assume you get VC for games played there right?

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

the_american_dream posted:

holy poo poo :lol:

Havent tried MyTeam yet. I assume you get VC for games played there right?

Noooope. You get MT points, worth less than VC yet still awarded in equivalent amounts.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Welp won't be playing that

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Mandrel posted:

Noooope. You get MT points, worth less than VC yet still awarded in equivalent amounts.

Uh, from the one game I played the first day when my Myteam still worked, you get a ton more MT than you would VC. I think I got like 1500 for one game with 5 minute quarters or whatever the default is?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Hmm maybe I shouldnt have laughed since my Gamestop pre order had Jarvis Varnado :???:

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

hopterque posted:

Uh, from the one game I played the first day when my Myteam still worked, you get a ton more MT than you would VC. I think I got like 1500 for one game with 5 minute quarters or whatever the default is?

That's weird, I've never made more than 650 or so

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Mandrel posted:

That's weird, I've never made more than 650 or so

Same.

We give you 1K when you start, maybe he is accidentally including that?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Why do some people show up as --- on the stats page for previous years? Like one of the league mvp is listed that way. Why is not in the game? Also Phil Jackson isn't listed for any coach records.

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Oct 11, 2014

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

The Glumslinger posted:

Same.

We give you 1K when you start, maybe he is accidentally including that?

Could be but I can't actually play the mode anymore so I can't check!

e: Haha, it works now, but poo poo is super laggy.

Also no KD in my preorder packs, glorious.

It's a good thing the actual game loving owns.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Oct 11, 2014

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ok maybe im an idiot but I need help here because ive just completed two long rear end challenges only to not qualify. Where do I find what I actually need to do to complete the challenges?

For example under win requirements for the Big Man challenge it just tells you who youre facing, not whatever the objective is. Lineup restrictions are not to include centers and Im assuming Power Forwards arent counting as centers so how did I fail?

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ok maybe im an idiot but I need help here because ive just completed two long rear end challenges only to not qualify. Where do I find what I actually need to do to complete the challenges?

For example under win requirements for the Big Man challenge it just tells you who youre facing, not whatever the objective is. Lineup restrictions are not to include centers and Im assuming Power Forwards arent counting as centers so how did I fail?

Did the server just crap out? Seems like something happening currently.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
No it just said I did not qualify or meet the requirements. Said the same thing for the Level 1 Preseason Warmup after winning that game

edit: gently caress it I have some time to kill. Ill try again with nothing but bronze and see what happens

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Oct 11, 2014

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
My pre order pack was nothing but bronze cards hahaha

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

I don't think i got my preorder pack? I have the key and everything and i entered it during the time when the servers were making GBS threads the beds. It gave me the vc but none of the myteam packs or the KD equipment.

Faxanadu
Apr 18, 2003

morestuff posted:

Anyone know which Hornets players do voice work?

It's al jefferson. He doesn't even try. It's awesome.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Where did my vc go? gently caress this piece of poo poo game.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
hahaha i just lost a challenge game by calling timeouts when i didnt have any. in loving sane

Faxanadu
Apr 18, 2003

hahaha i just lost a challenge game by calling timeouts when i didnt have any. in loving sane

You got Webbered??? God this game rules.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
The Twolves are fun as gently caress to play with I may have found my online team. Lavine is ridiculous

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Did the same thing thankfully the guy missed the shot but we lost ot anyways.

hot salad
Jun 25, 2005

Did you just say
the word 'scoff'?
Caved in & bought a PS4 for this game (well, and the potential that other good games may eventually be released)...I might be an idiot. But this game is pretty great. PSN: bigblindG

No server issues (yet??) for me, just playing MyPlayer. But I'd be interested in checking out the Park mode if anyone wants to get wrecked :smug:

Faxanadu
Apr 18, 2003

4 weeks without al jefferson actually playing was loving torture. The hornets are not good. It's like playing with a team full of online players who refuse to make shots or pass to open people. God drat you straight to hell Kemba walker

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
What happens when your rookie season/contract ends in myCareer? Can you pick what team you go to/signs you, or do you only have a handful of options again?

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

VDay posted:

What happens when your rookie season/contract ends in myCareer? Can you pick what team you go to/signs you, or do you only have a handful of options again?

Your agent asks you for three teams that you want him to try and get you a contract with. You get 3 visits during the offseason - by the mentor of one of those teams in your top 3 as well as for one team that wasn't a top choice and your current team's mentor. They all try and convince you to go to their team. You then get a listing by your agent of how much you'll be paid per game with each of your top 3 choices, assuming they offered you a contract, as well as for any other teams in the NBA. I actually got offers from every NBA team, so I'm assuming that it's basically your choice of what team to go to. For whatever team you choose, Doc Rivers becomes your team's coach and you have a press conference together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Outside shooting/3s are ridiculously easy to make. Just hit 18/23 with Wiggins.

• Locked thread