Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012

Pillow Armadillo posted:

This is good advice. Also Dalnir.

Oh hell yes I forgot all about Dalnir, nice loot for the level range down there too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niedar
Apr 21, 2010
I just turned level 30 last night and I am on Kunark already so I am down for it, also it seems it drops armor I can wear as a monk there.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

Niedar posted:

I just turned level 30 last night and I am on Kunark already so I am down for it, also it seems it drops armor I can wear as a monk there.

Dalnir armor is best in slot for monks until you get into fear / sky. All monks should plan on either soloing or xping there. It's far away from everything, but it's so worth it. Just be careful on the third level, and no you can't kill the Overseer.

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012
We have four right now for an 8PM EST Dalnir run - a rogue, a cleric, and two monks. If there's enough interest we can run two groups down there.

edit: camped in FV, going to need a bind there before we get moving

Hesh Ballantine fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Oct 8, 2014

Niedar
Apr 21, 2010
Well we did not get much done tonight At Dalnir as by the time everyone was logged on and in the correct location it was time for people to log off. We plan on going again tomorrow night and are camped at the entrance.

This place seems hard also, so we could definitely use more people.

Hoppy Goodness
Nov 26, 2007
What level range are we looking at for Dalnir?

Niedar
Apr 21, 2010
I am not quite sure, probably like 27-37 or so? Someone else might have better info.

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012

Niedar posted:

I am not quite sure, probably like 27-37 or so? Someone else might have better info.

That's probably about right, though the 37 monk with us was getting around 2% a kill on just the first floor mobs, which had to be green cons to him. If we can get comfortable in a 2nd floor camp, higher 30s should find it worth their time.

WarauInu
Jul 29, 2003
I'll move my 30 SK there who is sitting at FM giant fort currently. Good as place as any to park and not find a group and I can always fear kite the brutes outside if I recall.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
My 40 cleric is in CoM at the moment, but if I'm on I'm happy to come heal you Dalnir spelunkers for the good of goons. I'll sit out of group if poo poo is green - it's not like there's been much in the way of groups lately anyway.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

I won classic EQ! :D

Was just strolling around the north area of SK, when something came flying by....

ZOMG. I'm only level 24, so I announced it in /ooc. A friendly Ranger came by and asked if I needed help, and sure, helped me kill it. She said she already had the cloak.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woot!

Lev for a non-caster is seriously a nice thing to have in old EQ. :)

The Druid who had been camping Quill for hours and came back from AFK 1 minute after was not too happy, though.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
Grats! Farming that cloak is a huge bitch solo

Arakan
May 10, 2008

After some persuasion, Fluttershy finally opens up, and Twilight's more than happy to oblige in doing her best performance as a nice, obedient wolf-puppy.
Nice, Xblade got one of those today too.

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

Pillow Armadillo posted:

idg how we can't gank him with enough cancel magic casts or Pumice Stones. Is it worth a try?

It would be a daunting task considering he can 3 shot non-twinks and even my decently twinked SK can only get him to 90%. I've had a lot of luck asking him to joust to 40% and leave me alone, but he probably won't do that if you're not twinked.

WE ARE MAKING CHARACTERS TO GANK LEDUKE IN THE NEXT WEEK OR TWO. I'm making a ranger named LeDunk. He isn't very twinked, so if you have like 1-3k platinum sitting around you can probably solo him. You need to be a wood elf and grind out max kelethin faction (I suggest leveling out of his PVP range, grinding the faction, and then deleveling) unless you want to poopsock for way too long with another race, because he does PK in kelethin and he will hide in there and use guards.
The best classes for this would be rangers, as you can track, snare, gear is dirt cheap, and you can hit with ranged for 30+ in this level range with minimal gear; Latege is a guild fletcher too) although bards are also fantastic (even better if you are out of range, so you can throw songs on the group while being invincible) and rogues are decent as long as someone's around to snare for you. SOW pots or Jboots are vital too.

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW
Paging niedar to the RnF forum, we have another meltdown going on, this time with mirror selfies and people loving girls on lord of the rings fanfic sites named melissalynn planeseeker!

HEY VAPER fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Oct 10, 2014

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

naix is a cyberbully

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012
niggas be like "yeah I wanna do dalnir" and then I camp there for 2 days and its just me and Niedar~

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Hesh Ballantine posted:

niggas be like "yeah I wanna do dalnir" and then I camp there for 2 days and its just me and Niedar~

I logged in last night with no Kunark goons. I'll be on again this evening, let's do this.

hemorrhage
Aug 7, 2003

Pilsner posted:

Was just strolling around the north area of SK, when something came flying by....

ZOMG. I'm only level 24, so I announced it in /ooc. A friendly Ranger came by and asked if I needed help, and sure, helped me kill it. She said she already had the cloak.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woot!

The Druid who had been camping Quill for hours and came back from AFK 1 minute after was not too happy, though.

Oh, this was me. Glad I could help out. I had just logged in my ranger to grind a bit of xp and saw Quill on track then saw you following it.

Niedar
Apr 21, 2010

Hesh Ballantine posted:

I am in gfay now, but if we actually get a group and can get someone to give me a ride I will come back.

Xantares
Jul 25, 2006
I just don't know
The fundamental flaw with Dalnir is it's such a pain to get to unless you're already there so no one goes. Port to Dreadlands then run through DL, FM, and OT to get to WW. I tried (admittedly not too hard) to get a group going somewhat recently, but that was unsuccessful. I'd strongly recommend going to Mistmoore and CoM instead for the 30s and 40s just because groups are almost always available. No need for that phat Crescent armor when you're not soloing.

If any monks need magic shoes for LGuk/CoM, I've still got a pair of Kobold-Hide Boots in my bank. I've also got some Cured Silk (hat, sandals, neck, and chest) available.

Niedar
Apr 21, 2010

Xantares posted:

The fundamental flaw with Dalnir is it's such a pain to get to unless you're already there so no one goes. Port to Dreadlands then run through DL, FM, and OT to get to WW. I tried (admittedly not too hard) to get a group going somewhat recently, but that was unsuccessful. I'd strongly recommend going to Mistmoore and CoM instead for the 30s and 40s just because groups are almost always available. No need for that phat Crescent armor when you're not soloing.

If any monks need magic shoes for LGuk/CoM, I've still got a pair of Kobold-Hide Boots in my bank. I've also got some Cured Silk (hat, sandals, neck, and chest) available.

I am a level 30 monk and could probably use those shoes, I have already crafted myself an entire set of cured silk though. I could definitely use the crescent armor but I think people started talking about doing Dalnir because it was off the path and less likely to constantly get killed at by other players. Problem is you can easily get killed by npc instead without a nice group.

ohno
Sep 11, 2001

Pilsner posted:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woot!

Hah that's awesome. I think this was while I was killing PHs down south - I was on my monk Farewell (bored on a conference call) running around killing any Lioness and Elephant Calf that I could find, Grats!

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
Quillmane is a great thing to camp with 1-2 other people with you, grats on getting it just from walking by!

Here's a really useful map I use when farming it. You only need to kill the Lionesses / Calfs that path on the pink lines. http://i.imgur.com/PI8RWST.png big image so I won't embed it. If only two of you, have your non-tracker / non melee sit on the north eastern spawn (the green square) facing south.

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax

HEY VAPER posted:

Paging niedar to the RnF forum, we have another meltdown going on, this time with mirror selfies and people loving girls on lord of the rings fanfic sites named melissalynn planeseeker!

It's almost like everyone who plays on P99 is extremely hosed up in some way.

Xantares
Jul 25, 2006
I just don't know

Cool Blue Reason posted:

It's almost like everyone who plays on P99 is extremely hosed up in some way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012

Pillow Armadillo posted:

I logged in last night with no Kunark goons. I'll be on again this evening, let's do this.

Niedar posted:

I am in gfay now, but if we actually get a group and can get someone to give me a ride I will come back.

I am camped at the DL wiz spires but I made two CRs getting back there. I'll go back out to Dalnir if we have a full group but we could also do HHK, for now I am headed back to faydwer to do MM pickups. I have my in-laws in town this weekend but should be on some tonight after 9PM EST, ditto tomorrow.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

e: it was a ghost

insulated staircase fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Oct 11, 2014

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

a real jerk posted:

naix is a cyberbully

it's a forum where the pinaccle of humor is calling someone a human being (fire giant) or friend of the family (nightrider)

so basically we should fit right in

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

a real jerk posted:

I've got 5k on red that I'd prefer to be 10k on blue. Goon ratio :)

Post or /t Manstache if you wanna trade

If you don't get this sorted over the weekend I can make it happen some time next week, possibly on Sunday night.

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012
Niedar: http://samanna.net/wiki/index.php/Pulling_Guide

stuff about FD splitting is towards the bottom

e: I plugged when Bush showed up, goin to bed

Hesh Ballantine fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Oct 11, 2014

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Just FYI Bush's shaman 'Jeremy' is 33/34 and (currently) geared poorly - or at least ran from my poor rear end when I came at him in SK today. I suggest people with mid-30s alts look out for that name.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

ekeog posted:

Just FYI Bush's shaman 'Jeremy' is 33/34 and (currently) geared poorly - or at least ran from my poor rear end when I came at him in SK today. I suggest people with mid-30s alts look out for that name.

Jeremy is a huge human being on Blue. I hate to use the word, but wouldn't be surprised if it was the same player from TMO. Seriously, gently caress that guy.

Told Bush last night (Thursday) that I was logging, and he continued to attack me despite my obvious attempts to camp out in LFay at 2am

Arakan
May 10, 2008

After some persuasion, Fluttershy finally opens up, and Twilight's more than happy to oblige in doing her best performance as a nice, obedient wolf-puppy.
Guys I took a nap, ate dinner and came back like 7 hours later, PumpkinLatte is still in LGuk, my god.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Arakan posted:

Guys I took a nap, ate dinner and came back like 7 hours later, PumpkinLatte is still in LGuk, my god.

Does anyone know Makavel in real life because he's the most likely candidate to die at his computer I've met lately, literally never not seen him online in a week.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

ekeog posted:

Does anyone know Makavel in real life because he's the most likely candidate to die at his computer I've met lately, literally never not seen him online in a week.

I grouped with him in Mistmoore and he's clearly an addict or got some underlying issues. Claimed he hadn't slept for 3 days, this was about two weeks ago. Also has a level 70+ toon for every class with 2.0 epics on Live, so I gather he's basically the WoW guy from Southpark IRL?

That being said, he's a nice enough guy but not a great monk.

Xantares
Jul 25, 2006
I just don't know

Hesh Ballantine posted:

Niedar: http://samanna.net/wiki/index.php/Pulling_Guide

stuff about FD splitting is towards the bottom

e: I plugged when Bush showed up, goin to bed

I didn't notice anything about sneak pulling in there, so let me share a bit of pulling magic that I learned in CoM a couple of weeks ago. If you sneak and tag an enemy, any of the enemies that are indifferent to you because of sneak will not come, even if they're right next to each other. When the enemies hit you successfully, they'll break sneak and so if they're close enough to their friends, they might pull more. Generally, this isn't an issue if you strafe away and face the enemy for a bit to allow for blocking.

Sneaking while FD before getting up can be useful too, but after level 35 it's a bit more complicated and I don't fully understand it yet. Thankfully, most pulling is fairly straightforward.

ohno
Sep 11, 2001

I've been playing on red this past weekend as Turvy the bard, and I'm loving it so far. It's pretty funny to "/ooc Need more for CB group" and watch the dedicated low level PKs roll in. They couldn't really do much to me as a bard with 100+ mr, but my little gnome caster friends were falling all over the place. I'm level 20 now, Unrest or MM?

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

ohno posted:

I've been playing on red this past weekend as Turvy the bard, and I'm loving it so far. It's pretty funny to "/ooc Need more for CB group" and watch the dedicated low level PKs roll in. They couldn't really do much to me as a bard with 100+ mr, but my little gnome caster friends were falling all over the place. I'm level 20 now, Unrest or MM?

Unrest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

ekeog posted:

Talked to him for a while and he's basically a broke rear end music producer and (like me) his whole life is in a storage unit. Poor fucker hasn't smoked weed in 12 years too. I told him to get better friends and get smoked out.

• Locked thread