Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

Azran posted:

Guys, we are desperately trying to give you Historical articles...

(Also, it seems they removed racing)

What article prompted that?

Also, did they realize that 3/4ths of the players in any given race would crash on the first tight corner and quit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
For real, pubbies, save it for RB climb-chat.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Generation Internet posted:

What article prompted that?

Also, did they realize that 3/4ths of the players in any given race would crash on the first tight corner and quit?

But you can buy a respawn for only 3500 lions! (third place gets you 980 :suicide:)

DrAlexanderTobacco
Jun 11, 2012

Help me find my true dharma
God loving damnit, is there like an entire room full of russian devs furiously wanking over how convoluted they can make the after-action research screen?

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Renaissance Robot posted:

But you can buy a respawn for only 3500 lions! (third place gets you 980 :suicide:)

hahhaha are you fuckin serious

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

AceRimmer posted:

Pictures for Sad Children.

Thanks, I found a torrent with the completle collection. They are amazing.

And about that respawn...the 980 are probably just a consolidation price becuase if pubbies are really lionpoor about 3.5k...

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Canberras are far more annoying than B-17s or B-24s when they're the last plane. And god drat the Tigercat is awesome. Terrible roll rate, but that's standard for twins and who cares when you're this fast and powerful?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Fart Car '97 posted:

hahhaha are you fuckin serious

Yes.

The saddest thing to me at this point is that no single emote could possibly sum up the train wreck that is :gaijin:, should anyone attempt to make/buy such a thing.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Yes.

The saddest thing to me at this point is that no single emote could possibly sum up the train wreck that is :gaijin:, should anyone attempt to make/buy such a thing.

:ccp: with :pilot: and appropriate stupid incidental text?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Took me 29 "hits" with the rear 13mm on the Do 217 to kill a Lagg. And that was by pilot death, in the end - I got exactly 0 crits. Good to see they've fixed non-US MG damage :smith:

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

BBJoey posted:

Took me 29 "hits" with the rear 13mm on the Do 217 to kill a Lagg. And that was by pilot death, in the end - I got exactly 0 crits. Good to see they've fixed non-US MG damage :smith:

If you had waited another 20 minutes I'm sure he would have run out of coolant from the minor leak you likely caused.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
The 13mm type 2 in the B7A2 turret is still working properly and man do I love that plane.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

I shot up a Japanese B17 last night with the cannon corsair. Not a single crit, I even bounced off the tip of his left wing with my plane without apparent damage to either of us when i crashed into it. I must've dumped at least half my rounds into him and he didn't go down, two other guys went at him too and he still flew on as if it was nothing.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
The Japanese MG is pretty much hilarious in how utterly useless it is in the Zero, I don't think I've ever gotten a kill from it.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I like the race mode.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Oh you know... a difference of just only like the maximum range most people should even be trying to shoot at.

Yes.

:dice: already exists.

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe she's born with it.
Maybe it's
cosmoline.

Don't forget :pgi: and :ccp:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Are one of you funnelvision?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Thief posted:

Oh you know... a difference of just only like the maximum range most people should even be trying to shoot at.

There is nothing more satisfying than pulling off that >1km snipe on a fleeing F80 or Meteor in your dumpy N1K.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Yak-1 is just so pleased to meet you :allears:

Yak-1 owns btw

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

BBJoey posted:

Not to be super spergy about this but the German 13x64B is roughly comparable to the Italian 12.7x81SR. This may be the reason why they're both bad.

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

Vadoc posted:

I shot up a Japanese B17 last night with the cannon corsair. Not a single crit, I even bounced off the tip of his left wing with my plane without apparent damage to either of us when i crashed into it. I must've dumped at least half my rounds into him and he didn't go down, two other guys went at him too and he still flew on as if it was nothing.
I was killed by a single pass from a Mustang in mine. ("plane burned down", wing tanks burst into flames then the wings popped off) :shrug:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

FaustianQ posted:

Not to be super spergy about this but the German 13x64B is roughly comparable to the Italian 12.7x81SR. This may be the reason why they're both bad.

I have no idea what real-life ballistics are like, but I know that if I'd had a Russian or American .50 instead of the 13mm that Lagg would be on fire in the first few hits.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

BBJoey posted:

Yak-1 owns btw

(lofi-mode Beaufort 21)

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

It's pretty awesome how Gaijin removed all the other objectives on Bulge, so that if the German team doesn't have bombers the Allies can win if one of them takes max fuel and never stops climbing all match.

Ask me how I know. :suicide:

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout
Has the Spit Vc changed in this patch, or has it always been an unbelievable sack of garbage? I just flew it in the event and holy moly. It will redline its oil - as in, 2 minute countdown until your engine dies - at 70% throttle, and on WEP you're looking at a 8-10m/s climb. Utter plaything for 109Fs.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

It is the hardmode Spitfire in case the IIb and IX/Griffons get boring.

BBJoey posted:

Yak-1 owns btw

Sup Yakbro. This is secretly the best thing about the patch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmGhMZSl4EM&hd=1

:godwinning:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

So is there something I'm missing with the DO 217? Because its position on the tech tree after the BF 110 and the fact that the game likes to call it a heavy fighter initially led me to think I could fly it kind of sort of like I flew the 110, but then I hopped in and discovered that it seems to fly a whole lot like a bomber with no bombs and some admittedly nasty nose cannons.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

FaustianQ posted:

It's beyond bad. I would actually take an Italian gun, or a single 7.7 over the German 13mm. I don't expect it to punch planes dead in a single burst, but it takes loving forever to kill someone with 13mm even if you're spraying them right in the face. It's so weak that it feels bugged.

Spiritus Nox posted:

So is there something I'm missing with the DO 217? Because its position on the tech tree after the BF 110 and the fact that the game likes to call it a heavy fighter initially led me to think I could fly it kind of sort of like I flew the 110, but then I hopped in and discovered that it seems to fly a whole lot like a bomber with no bombs and some admittedly nasty nose cannons.

There was a time when the Do-217 could soak up damage like a sponge and had a loose flight model that made it own bones in Arcade. Now it's stiffer and heavier, so it isn't as good, but it can still do OK in Arcade. I don't really like it in RB because it's too heavy and too slow.

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

Spiritus Nox posted:

That's because it was a bomber they decided to turn into a night fighter.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

It's beyond bad. I would actually take an Italian gun, or a single 7.7 over the German 13mm. I don't expect it to punch planes dead in a single burst, but it takes loving forever to kill someone with 13mm even if you're spraying them right in the face. It's so weak that it feels bugged.

Use the stealth belts, they're the only ones that do appreciable damage. The AP-T ones are ok too but not quite as decent.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
went 780km/h in my MC.202, quality Italian engineering

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

ghetto wormhole posted:

Use the stealth belts, they're the only ones that do appreciable damage. The AP-T ones are ok too but not quite as decent.

13mm turrets don't get stealth belts! :pseudo:

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

BBJoey posted:

13mm turrets don't get stealth belts! :pseudo:

Ah sorry, thought you were talking about the forward facing ones on some 190s. Guess you're hosed then!

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
I believe I just met Yoloswag420 on Sicily. Sorry if you were that He112 man, I though I'd be pulling a tighter vertical loop, never played the F2A-3 in RB before. I did enjoy the fact that going after the flaming wreck of the JU87 was more important for my pubbie wingman then, I dunno, helping me with an He112A0 and FW190A4.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

The best engine start vids are anything with an inertia starter.

Like, say, the P-26! See, still game relevant! (no it isn't)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zXkVQnVmuo

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Nitevision posted:

Has the Spit Vc changed in this patch, or has it always been an unbelievable sack of garbage? I just flew it in the event and holy moly. It will redline its oil - as in, 2 minute countdown until your engine dies - at 70% throttle, and on WEP you're looking at a 8-10m/s climb. Utter plaything for 109Fs.

The Vc is pretty bad, and you should work past it ASAP. The IX is a huge improvement.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Fucknag posted:

The best engine start vids are anything with an inertia starter.

Like, say, the P-26! See, still game relevant! (no it isn't)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zXkVQnVmuo

It'd be funny if Gaijin made us move the mouse in circles before being able to take off.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Thief posted:

It'd be funny if Gaijin made us move the mouse in circles before being able to take off.

Don't give them ideas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Plan Z posted:

The Vc is pretty bad, and you should work past it ASAP. The IX is a huge improvement.

Though events are probably the best place to use it. Malta isn't too bad, but New Guinea is a little better. Any one of them is better than flying it in normal matches and going up against loving P-51s.

Thief posted:

I don't think Doras would be very popular anymore. :ohdear:

Godlessdonut fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Oct 11, 2014

• Locked thread