Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mondrian
Jan 8, 2011
He talked about it in his podcast a week or 2 ago, and that's a fairly official channel.

As much as I hate to admit it, that little spiel got me pretty hype for the rest of this block.

e: ugh top of a page - in response to "is this the first official mention of time travel"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Oh, Maro came on? Perfect time for the stream to crap out on me. Dodged a bullet.

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

Asymmetrikon posted:

Nah, he's actually pretty great at it (the talking thing, also the design thing).

Is this the first official announcement of the time travel stuff?

They talked about it at the PAX panel.

Asymmetrikon
Oct 30, 2009

I believe you're a big dork!

Mondrian posted:

As much as I hate to admit it, that little spiel got me pretty hype for the rest of this block.

Wondering how they're gonna pull off the whole 'middle set drafts with the other two, but the outer sets don't draft with each other' thing.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Genesis Hydra for X=7

Hits 5 lands before he flips hornet queen, then 1 more land.

I'll take it.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Well, I have 5 Jeskai Ascendancy now, here's hoping that deck does alright.

I also decided since I did well on an exam tonight I'd buy a couple of Khans packs.

This foil delta is going in a box for years

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Man, it's almost like Delve is actually as good as every person in this thread who experienced it in Time Spiral made it out to be.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Fingers McLongDong posted:

All these villainous wealth brews could probably win more I if they just swapped all the wealths out for pits. I think it might shape up to be a completely legit wincon for control decks.

It already is how is this even a question, you may as well be getting EOT Cruel Ultimatum'ed. Delve isn't even kind of a fair mechanic.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I'm dumb thought there were two

notbrant
Jul 1, 2003
So I am going to be meeting up with an old buddy to buy his "old" cards off him. We both played 10+ years ago. I sold my cards 6-7 years ago and he sold his aout two years ago.

He recently got back into it sometime "last year" and in March, He is unsure of the value of the cards but hes asking $150 for them, ill post a picture so you can see the volume of cards.

Are there any specific cards released between march and "last year" that I should look out for that would immediately allow me to recoup my costs?

Im talking $10+ each. I tried looking online at price guides but even Liliana of the Veil which shows $65 on the site goes for about 50 in shops and ebay

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Woo! LSV's Jeskai Combo deck is 2-1.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

AgentSythe posted:

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/13152#online

There is also a version that Pat Chapin wrote about a few weeks ago that is the same idea but has no creatures main, lightning strikes, and Master The Way

Thanks, guys. :buddy:

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
mtgprice thinks See the Unwritten is spiking/being bought out. This set...it can't just go up and up in price.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

"Hey I'm home from work, got paid today, let's do a KTK Sea-"

:stare: :stare: :stare:

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

jassi007 posted:

mtgprice thinks See the Unwritten is spiking/being bought out. This set...it can't just go up and up in price.

This will be fun when the bubble bursts here.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Eddie Whitson posted:

This will be fun when the bubble bursts here.

I'm trying to be really patient, but it is hard. I'm impulsive. I get sweats. I want to play Sarkhan. Can he loving hit $15-20 already?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

jassi007 posted:

I'm trying to be really patient, but it is hard. I'm impulsive. I get sweats. I want to play Sarkhan. Can he loving hit $15-20 already?

I'm so glad I picked up my 2 before the spike in price.

25 is overpriced but fair. 40 is ridiculous.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

http://magic.wizards.com/en/events/coverage/ptktk/disqualification-limited-deck-registration-2014-10-10 posted:

During the Deck Registration portion of today, Pro Tour competitor Greg Ogreenc was disqualified from the tournament.

Below is a statement from head judge Toby Elliott regarding the disqualification:

"During Limited deck registration at the start of Pro Tour Khans of Tarkir, Greg Ogreenc threw cards into the face of the player sitting opposite him. The DCI has zero tolerance for any physical aggression directed at other players during a tournament; after interviewing Greg and multiple witnesses to the situation, he was disqualified for Aggressive Behavior."

Luckily, someone got a phone pic of the incident:

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Toshimo posted:

Luckily, someone got a phone pic of the incident:

Erm, what?

So did he actually throw cards at someone with malicious intent or

DurdleDuck
Jul 17, 2013

Count Bleck posted:

Erm, what?

So did he actually throw cards at someone with malicious intent or

According to someone on Twitter:

Matteo Orsini Jones ‏@matteoOJ 37m37 minutes ago
@dieplstks he did it because the other guy took basics from the communal pile, then refused to give them back when greg said they were 'his'

Sounds like a nice guy.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

DurdleDuck posted:

@dieplstks he did it because the other guy took basics from the communal pile, then refused to give them back when greg said they were 'his'

Sounds like a nice guy.

Then he goes home and posts about how he "casually" threw them and they "barely touched" the player. What a giant loving tool.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

holy poo poo do you not know who that is

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

TheKingofSprings posted:

holy poo poo do you not know who that is

It's Count Bleck: Literal worst poster in this thread. And that, in itself, is a major loving accomplishment given the competition.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

So what do people think were the breakout cards today? Obviously seeking Jeskai Ascendancy combo in Standard is awesome and I'm getting the rest of my playset (but I think the Caryatids are the real price there; jesus, they're $17 each now, makes me feel dumb for trading away my regular and foil ones). Anything else spiking?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Toshimo posted:

It's Count Bleck: Literal worst poster in this thread. And that, in itself, is a major loving accomplishment given the competition.

I refuse to be placed in the same League as Zoness :colbert:

Mondrian
Jan 8, 2011

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

So what do people think were the breakout cards today? Obviously seeking Jeskai Ascendancy combo in Standard is awesome and I'm getting the rest of my playset (but I think the Caryatids are the real price there; jesus, they're $17 each now, makes me feel dumb for trading away my regular and foil ones). Anything else spiking?

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/movers/paper/standard

Apparently Perilous Vault, Wingmate Roc, Dig Through Time, and unsurprisingly Elspeth.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

notbrant posted:

So I am going to be meeting up with an old buddy to buy his "old" cards off him. We both played 10+ years ago. I sold my cards 6-7 years ago and he sold his aout two years ago.

He recently got back into it sometime "last year" and in March, He is unsure of the value of the cards but hes asking $150 for them, ill post a picture so you can see the volume of cards.

Are there any specific cards released between march and "last year" that I should look out for that would immediately allow me to recoup my costs?

Im talking $10+ each. I tried looking online at price guides but even Liliana of the Veil which shows $65 on the site goes for about 50 in shops and ebay

Please don't use Photobucket, and I think you're better off making a list of the cards in Deckbox instead. Hell, Deckbox will also show the prices for you.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

notbrant posted:

So I am going to be meeting up with an old buddy to buy his "old" cards off him.

In order to give good advice you need to let people know what you want to do with them after you buy them.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Mondrian posted:

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/movers/paper/standard

Apparently Perilous Vault, Wingmate Roc, Dig Through Time, and unsurprisingly Elspeth.

I just bought 10x perilous Vault for 2 per. Its an m15 mythic. Come on baby, show me the money!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
That Dave Williams win was sweet. Sometimes you just get all the pieces without any work.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

DurdleDuck posted:

Sounds like a nice guy.

Nerd drama is the best drama. :razz:

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
ahahaha flips over the entire library. In your face Angry Grimace the stupid combo deck is playable!

request: make the deck's name Jeskai Tide

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
What are the pantheon guys playing?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

mcmagic posted:

What are the pantheon guys playing?

I haven't been paying close attention but Owen was on U/B control at least.

Mondrian
Jan 8, 2011
Yeah they're on UB control or GB devotion with See the Unwritten.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I was playing Jeskai tonight at FNM and my only loss was to a green devotion deck... So I guess it's good.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

mcmagic posted:

I was playing Jeskai tonight at FNM and my only loss was to a green devotion deck... So I guess it's good.
You can't beat the fatties.

Agentdark
Dec 30, 2007
Mom says I'm the best painter she's ever seen. Jealous much? :hehe:

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Dang. Testing out that Mono-U Robots standard decklist that top 8'd in Japan. It's actually a pretty fun deck.

Thats a deck I kind of want to see...

Harmonica
May 18, 2004

il cinema è la vita e viceversa
When should I cash in on my JA foil? If parts of the combo get banned then that tanks the price, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Harmonica posted:

When should I cash in on my JA foil?

First thing tomorrow.

• Locked thread