Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SWMadness posted:

If you're expecting much in-depth, original thought or aesthetic design to be put into a Sonic recolor, then I'm sorry I don't know what to say to you.

I just wanted the NIN t-shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010
I'm sorry to be contrary, but you MUST get the Sky gem because it has, in my opinion, much better and more exploitable glitches, especially against a certain boss.

The purple gem's infinite jump is almost certainly NOT an intended feature, and I'll take a shot at explaining that glitch if we pick up that gem instead.

vv This thread absolutely does not need that.

Ramengank fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Oct 10, 2014

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I think this thread needs an Original Sonic Character Competition.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Discendo Vox posted:

Silver the Hedgehog.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

At least Mephiles is not Afro the Hedgehog.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Discendo Vox posted:

It is Halloween season and this thread could use some horror. I'm not sure what to make the prize, I'd say an upgrade but everyone pretty much has them.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

MassRafTer posted:

It is Halloween season and this thread could use some horror. I'm not sure what to make the prize, I'd say an upgrade but everyone pretty much has them.

I don't have one so I win by default.

Singh Long
Oct 9, 2012
I'm interested. It'll keep the flashbacks away for me at least.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
Like find Original Sonic Characters (c) or make Original Sonic Characters (c)? 'cuz I don't wanna do either.

Sramaker
Oct 31, 2012

by Cowcaster
Sonic 06? More like Mario 06.

Sramaker
Oct 31, 2012

by Cowcaster
Edit: Sorry for the double post.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

MassRafTer posted:

I for one would really like a new custom title.

Sramaker
Oct 31, 2012

by Cowcaster

MassRafTer posted:

I don't have Platinum but an avatar would be what i'd want.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
There's no point for a sonic OC contest because the best/worst one that could ever possibly happen already exists

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

darealkooky posted:

There's no point for a sonic OC contest because the best/worst one that could ever possibly happen already exists

Its utter, perfect failure is almost beautiful. They should have sent a poet...

(One who could spell "personal", ideally)

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

darealkooky posted:

This is way too obviously fake on purpose.

Sramaker
Oct 31, 2012

by Cowcaster

Ometeotl posted:

This is way too obviously fake on purpose.

Maybe? http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/coldsteel-the-hedgeheg

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Coldsteel is an actual character in the new Sonic game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA-4B2d4L18

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
ORIGINAL SONIC CHARACTER OFFICIAL COMPETITION

To enter post a drawing and bio of your original (do not steal) Sonic Character. Winner wins an SA Forums upgrade of their choice up to $10.

Rules:

Must be an animal, cannot be an Eggman or robot.

Must be posted before we record the Last Story. I don't know when that is so don't delay! I'd guess around Halloween.

One entry per goon.

Winner will be announced during the credits for the Last Story because gently caress the credits for this game are so long.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

MassRafTer posted:

Challenge Accepted!

Explosionmaru the Hedgehog was created by the same project that created Shadow, and so he is the ultimate lifeform. However, after he was created, he had to go to hell to fight the devil so that he could save the world. Now, 50 years later, he has come out after conquering hell but he's still a good guy but also really edgy! He can run really fast and create fire when he runs because he is part devil now from being in hell for so long. He is also the perfect cook, but he only makes food so spicy that only he can eat it. Rouge Eyeshadow is also his girlfriend.

Original character! Do not steal!

Sramaker
Oct 31, 2012

by Cowcaster
Edit: Whoops sorry.

Sramaker fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Oct 11, 2014

Sramaker
Oct 31, 2012

by Cowcaster

MassRafTer posted:

To enter post a drawing and bio of your original (do not steal) Sonic Character. Winner wins an SA Forums upgrade of their choice up to $10.

Rules:

Must be an animal, cannot be an Eggman or robot.

Must be posted before we record the Last Story. I don't know when that is so don't delay! I'd guess around Halloween.

One entry per goon.

Winner will be announced during the credits for the Last Story because gently caress the credits for this game are so long.

Can i post to my deviantart account? I had to draw a commission to draw something that is truely awful and i don't have the Platinum upgrade so i can't upload it? I'll still write the bio here through.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

5 minutes in MS Paint

Richard Nixon the Hedgehog: Right for America, Right for Soreanna.

Bio: After the Eggman Incident, Richard Nixon the Hedgehog could no longer sit idly by and watch as his beloved Soleanna fell to ruin under the decadent and incompetent rule of Princess Elise. In the lead up to the Princess Elections, Dick, as his friends called him, waged a cunning campaign based on both soaring rhetoric and practical, well-researched policy ideas. Riding high on his Anti-Robot Defense Initiative and his plan to solve Ring Inflation, he successfully portrayed the incumbent Princess as a Robot Sympathizer by framing her constant kidnappings at the hands of Dr. Eggman as thin excuses for an illicit affair with the mustachioed super villain. With a hefty lead in the polls, Richard Nixon the Hedgehog is sure to become the 237th Princess of Soleanna.

Powers: Hope, confidence, a can-do attitude and a will to get things done. Anti-robotism. A crippling distrust for everyone, especially those reporters Woodchuck and Bearstein. Superspeed.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Oct 11, 2014

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Sramaker posted:

Can i post to my deviantart account? I had to draw a commission to draw something that is truely awful and i don't have the Platinum upgrade so i can't upload it? I'll still write the bio here through.

Just use LPix.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sramaker posted:

You can post images on the forums using imgur. Otherwise there is a chance I will miss the link in my comprehensive, exhaustive collection of entries 3 minutes before recording.

Or that!

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
What is this deli you guys speak of? It sounds fantastic. I love me a good sandwich, I must know.

Sramaker
Oct 31, 2012

by Cowcaster

MassRafTer posted:

You can post images on the forums using imgur. Otherwise there is a chance I will miss the link in my comprehensive, exhaustive collection of entries 3 minutes before recording.

Or that!

Name: Mercedes Benz
Nickname(s): Mercy, Babe (SHE HATES THAT ONE THOUGH OLOL), Mary Sue, rip off of Rouge
Species: Hedgehog, cat, echidna, bat, raccoon (And before you ask, yes, I failed biology!!), vampire, ghost, angel, devil, werewolf, zombie
Age: Liek, somewhere between 15 and 20... DUN'T ASK GURLS THAT.
Birthdate: 2/14/?? (Sooo mysteries!!)
Height: 3'5"
Weight: DUN'T EVEN ASK A GURL THAT, DUUUH.
Eyes: TOPAZ!! Just liek Edward Cullens <333
Colors: Depends on what her name is, and who is claiming her as their own "original" character! Lite shade of black, dark shade of white, blood red, & Cheeto orange tan
Likes: Men, women, in between genders, money, drugs, cigarettes, alcohol, dieting, trashy costumes typically reserved for adult parties, anything that makes her seem hot..

(Holy poo poo i forgot that wasn't a commission but a parody, i can't believe i mixed those two words up)

Sramaker fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Oct 11, 2014

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Sramaker posted:

Done, can you see Mercedes?

I wish I couldn't. :cry:

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
I didn't really need my eyes anyway. Gouging them out is no big loss.

Sramaker
Oct 31, 2012

by Cowcaster
It was a parody of bad Sonic OCs also where we are going we won't need eyes :kheldragar:

Sramaker fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Oct 11, 2014

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy
HOLY poo poo WHY :gonk:

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
I'm ashamed to say, that doesn't faze me at all. I don't know if you guys know but there are much worse things than that out there in the Sonic fandom. Not in the least because they're not actually trying to be horrible.

Still, good work dude, that is a hell of a thing. Some kind of slutty, gangrenous methed-out fem-Shadow.

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy

TheDarkFlame posted:

Still, good work dude, that is a hell of a thing. Some kind of slutty, gangrenous methed-out fem-Shadow.

It's like a Sonic-fied mix of that crazy methhead lady and that one prostitute from Breaking Bad.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

Rules question- as a goon of no artistic skill, can I use one of those horrible "create your own fancharacter" flash things on deviantart? I think I'm going to go for the "homeschooled fringe Christian with serious repression problems" approach to fan character design.

vvv Thanks. I'll turn in the "furry maker" image as my inspiration, and then "MY OC DRAWING CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICSM ONLY PLZ!" via paint.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Oct 11, 2014

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Discendo Vox posted:

Rules question- as a goon of no artistic skill, can I use one of those horrible "create your own fancharacter" flash things on deviantart? I think I'm going to go for the "homeschooled fringe Christian with serious repression problems" approach to fan character design.

I would prefer a rough MSPaint if you go this route but lets face it I probably wouldn't even realize it if people did that.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Discendo Vox posted:

vvv Thanks. I'll turn in the "furry maker" image as my inspiration, and then "MY OC DRAWING CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICSM ONLY PLZ!" via paint.

:ssh: someone already did

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

Lord_Ventnor posted:

Explosionmaru the Hedgehog

This was made using a Flash character creator, so as long as this is the quality you're after, go for it.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
A lack of artistic talent never stopped anyone.

HONKHONK the HONKhog

Honkhonk was once a normal hedgehog a long time ago before the evil Doctor Robonick came and took the Eight Chaos Vuvuzelas and used them to invoke a Chaos Toot, plunging his world into a terrible fate of everyone becoming a living instrument. Honkhonk became the living embodiment of the clown horn. Ever since this he has chased after Robonick trying to get the Chaos Vuvuzelas to reverse his face with his own Chaos Toot.

The M on his forehead is because he is under the influence of Majin Boop at the current point in his canon.

POWERS: Supersonic Honks, striking terror in those who fear clowns
LIKES: Nuwave swingcore, power-walks at the beach, becoming the One True Horn
DISLIKES: Robonick, his mom, his sister, his dad, his car, his next-door neighbor Garry who became a guitar that son of a bitch got lucky
RELATIONSHIPS: His girlfriend Foundation the Tubat who has fallen on hard times because it's hard to steal the Vuvuzelas when you're a loud-rear end tuba.
CATCHPHRASE: "If you can't honk with the best, honk like the rest"
FAVORITE YOUTUBE VIDEO: Hank Hill Listens to Skull Trumpet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ndqA3zmn2Q

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

tlarn posted:

HONKHONK the HONKhog

amazing honks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Now that we're going down into these levels of depravity, I feel compelled to share the Hedgehog Song (based on the Discworld novels).

Lyrics :nws:, depending on your colleagues' sense of humour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUnkBX8Db80

• Locked thread