Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Harmonica posted:

When should I cash in on my JA foil? If parts of the combo get banned then that tanks the price, right?

wait till it crushes a modern event, the drop it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

neetengie posted:

You can't beat the fatties.

I didn't lose to fatties, I lost to Hornet Queen and not drawing my SB anger of the gods.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Sometimes pausing a Stream has it's moments.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Agentdark posted:

Thats a deck I kind of want to see...

This deck is amazing, I haven't had this much fun in Standard since War of Attrition.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
jesus christ dig through time in loving aggro decks

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
How long have Magic streams had these dynamic cards in hand lists? It's really nice, I can follow what's happening way easier.

tirinal
Feb 5, 2007
I really should have stocked up on dig through time when they were like 1 ticket apiece.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Pretty good night of Magic; went 4-1 for the second time in a row at FNM with Rabble Red (the first time I've ever done so well) and traded for another Fulminator Mage for Living End (for 3 total once mcmagic's letter comes in, hopefully).

That Azorius Soul Blade deck looks pretty sweet; I might try to build it since it's not super-expensive other than the manabase.

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010
Jamie Parke tries to cast Deflecting Palm with an island and a pain untapped :doh:

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
The real star of that match was Brad Nelson's giant bottle of water.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
:stonk:

Dig through Time's lowest price on tcgplayer is $18.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
^^ :lol:

tirinal posted:

I really should have stocked up on dig through time when they were like 1 ticket apiece.

Picked up the two I wanted for Modern at $2 apiece, cracked a third from an impulse booster last week. Guess I should have taken it all the way and finished the playset right there...

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

A big flaming stink posted:

Whelp, looks like I was trading in the right direction at FNM. Glad I have 4, kind of wish I had more.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

Would a pre-release promo go for $30 or more?

VVVV: :stare: Dude, where do you live?

neetengie fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Oct 11, 2014

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
^^^^it's selling on ebay for 35 apiece

e2: muthafucka i ain't telling you poo poo

my store is selling the sultai seeded boosters for 3 dollars apiece.

....I think I need to get up early tomorrow

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Oct 11, 2014

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

^^^^it's selling on ebay for 35 apiece

my store is selling the sultai seeded boosters for 3 dollars apiece.

....I think I need to get up early tomorrow

Oh my god I just picked up a seeded Dig for Mono U Tron earlier.

:allears:

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Wouldnt be surprised to see a few more empty the pits hit the table. That card is so good and I'm not sure why it's so cheap right now.

As long as they hit the table and not an oversensitive opponent

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

I'm glad I got my cubeset of Promo Digs when they were $12. Too bad the 8 I ordered from TCGPlayer got shipped without tracking and are currently 5 days late. :sigh:

logis
Dec 30, 2004
Slippery Tilde
I only have 2 dig through time; one is the prerelease promo, one slightly miscut; I only play edh anyway so...
But out of like a box and a half of packs, I only have one fetch :(

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Sub-slighed my way into 2nd place the second FNM in a row; I feel really comfortable with the deck now, and it's beginning to make a name for itself. One guy has already tried to copy it, though he's using a significantly slower decklist which includes Rabblemasters and 8 fetches for DECK THINNING :lol: and another guy who took first I'd handily beaten two games before the tournament, but he eeked past with a 2-1 after I pulled a really lovely mulligan, then he did, then even though we both drew almost perfectly he won because of loving Courser of Kruphix and lands for daaays. I don't think there was a single turn he missed a drop, and I couldn't beat the life gain.

There was one guy, who I swung at for 27 turn 4, then he Congregated for like 12 during combat, which brought him to like a net total of 3 life. His only play his turn was End Hostilities, and then he passed while tapped out. I had no hand, but had scryed twice from Titan's Strength last turn. I windmill-slammed a Lightning Strike off the top of my deck for maximum smugness.

e: Firedrinker Satyr loving sucks (in my local meta), and I sideboard him so often that I'm probably going to start main-decking two Stokes and two Magma Jets instead of them. I wouldn't care if he either didn't have the Jackal Pup effect, or had real Firebreathing.

Four Score fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Oct 11, 2014

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Does anyone have LSV's decklist for the standard section of the Pro Tour?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Samael posted:

Does anyone have LSV's decklist for the standard section of the Pro Tour?

i dont think we get lists till day 3

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

I gave one to a guy for four Hammerhands. :stonk:

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
I traded my 2 off at 6 each for Modern staples. Oh well!

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Has See the Unwritten spiked? It slots pretty easily into G devotion strategies and pantheon are playing it, which always pushes cards a touch extra.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I remember the first time I drafted Khans, a Dig Through Time got passed all the way around. Now its a gazillion dollars.

I was the one to open it and picked it up when it got back to me. I was playing Azban

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
I figured $5 was about the right place for Dig Through Time because it's a good card.

:drat: those prices shot up overnight. :stare:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Off to take my Level 1 test. After months this is it, I'm so excited.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that
Well, I'm feeling good about completing my set of Digs last week when they were two bucks. Even about the foil one for eleven.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Pulled a pack foil Dig in my prize packs last night. Score,

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Went on my date last night, concluded it early (can't have her knowing I pretend to be a wizard until it's too late), did well at draft, and traded for digs and foil digs cuz I needed them for my eternal decks anyway. :smug: people couldn't wait to get rid of theirs fast enough

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
So what you're saying is that you went 0-2 drop on your date then scurried to a side event?

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
So hang on to my Russian foil Dig Through Time, or move it ASAP?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
drat, maybe I should have jumped on that $18 foil Dig I got offered after the prerelease...TCG still has some regular copies around $10, worth it to round out my playset or just hope I crack a fourth?

E: Have we found the next Nightveil Specter Memorial "dollar rare from the last block that skyrockets because of the new set's mechanics" yet?

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Oct 11, 2014

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

C-Euro posted:

drat, maybe I should have jumped on that $18 foil Dig I got offered after the prerelease...TCG still has some around $10, worth it to round out my playset or just hope I crack a fourth?

E: Have we found the next Nightveil Specter Memorial "dollar rare from the last block that skyrockets because of the new set's mechanics" yet?

Still hoping Nighthowler does this.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

C-Euro posted:

Anger of the Gods and Doomwake Giant are both up a good amount, but they aren't like "5-10 times their previous block" prices yet.

Shout out to the guy on the MTG Salvation forums that started the W/U Heroic deck thread I'm currently posting in over there that just replied to one of my posts explaining he didn't understand until I explained it in the thread how the Ordeals work.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Pucatrade is killing me right now.

F5ing is probably the worst part of it all, honestly.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

whydirt posted:

So what you're saying is that you went 0-2 drop on your date then scurried to a side event?

Deck registration error and a match loss.

Applebees
Jul 23, 2013

yospos

Equilibrium posted:

How long have Magic streams had these dynamic cards in hand lists? It's really nice, I can follow what's happening way easier.

Wizards does it for Pro Tours but not for Grands Prix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Traded away two Digs last week for $3 each :shepspends:. At least I got my JAs last night for $4 each.

• Locked thread