Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruiser
Apr 4, 2007

by Shine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Well that's one way to start a new page.

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

I genuinely don't remember anything that happened during that episode. People seem really mad about it, but I don't know why.

Meanwhile closing in on the end of season 3 of Farscape. I'm starting to get that sick feeling that BSG had after New Caprica. About the time that it becomes clear that Scorpius is falling out of favor with the Peacekeepers, and more importantly is basically right that the Skarrens are the worse threat by far I started getting scared for the future.

It was actually pretty cool that they introduced the season's endgame with that boring, irrelevant restaurant episode, because it really eases you into the idea. It was also cool to watch Rygel realize that he has been playing chess while the robbers are playing checkers, and he can change his motivations for totally incoherent reasons as it comes to benefit him.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Uh, that entire episode is Rygel and Scorpius being conniving shitheads to each other and to the robbers, that's the only justification it needs for existing.

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind

I mean, agreed.

Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS

Sash! posted:

So you think I'm a loser? Just because I have a stinking command that I hate, a senior staff that doesn't respect me, a whole crew that curses the day I was born? Well, that may mean loser to you, but let me tell you something. Every morning when I wake up, I know it's not going to get any better until I go back to sleep again. So I get up, have my replicated Tang and Pop Tart, get in the turbolift with the torn carpet and stop at every deck on the way just for the privilege of ferrying some rare vaccine for the cloven hooves of people like you. I'll never play Parrises Squares like I thought I would, I'll never know the touch of a non-holographic beautiful woman, and I'll never again know the joy of transporting in without a bag on my head. But I'm not a loser. 'Cause despite it all, me and every other guy who'll never be what he wanted to be, are still out there, being what we don't wanna be, forty hours on watch a week, for life. And the fact that I haven't put a phaser to my mouth, you pudding of a woman, makes me a winner!

jesus christ you did it

PEG

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

If you're gonna hotlink, make it a file format that most browsers actually bother to support.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
I'm your friend, and I'm not going to stand by and let you make the mistake of using some pissant poo poo browser in a nerd thread for nerds.

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind

Oh god that last part of season three. It was so evocative. It brought to mind all in my life that is irretrievably lost to the past.

UpfrontSalmon
Nov 4, 2011

I prefer the term "Battle FROG."

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Somehow not funny when reddit does it

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
I'm rewatching You Are Cordially Invited... and this episode is like peak Dax, probably Terry Farrell's best showing on the series. Jadzia can be annoying, but she's always at her best when she slips into her rare "I don't give a gently caress" mode or has to put up with people being assholes to her.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
When she's not being a weirdo Klingon otaku, I actually like Jadzia quite a bit. And the Klingon otaku thing makes her a perfect fit for Worf, who is Star Trek's second biggest Klingon wannabe.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Jadzia was a better Klingon than Worf.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

FuturePastNow posted:

Jadzia was a better Klingon than Worf.

If anyone was a Klingon otaku it was Worf.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

armoredgorilla posted:

I'm rewatching You Are Cordially Invited... and this episode is like peak Dax, probably Terry Farrell's best showing on the series. Jadzia can be annoying, but she's always at her best when she slips into her rare "I don't give a gently caress" mode or has to put up with people being assholes to her.

I'm of the opinion that's because "You Are Cordially Invited" is one of the few episodes where we saw Jadzia instead of Dax, in a sense. So many of the episodes that did concentrate on her were about every life Dax had except Jadzia's. Good for setting up stories and metaphors and poo poo but not so good at developing a person. I didn't care that the episode showed Jadzia as kind of a petty, grudge holding brat (admittedly in the face of someone also being that) because we saw something that was a person.

Vord
Oct 27, 2007
Does anyone have that gif of the admiral standing up and leaving the room from "The Drumhead"

Edit: Thank you

Vord fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Oct 11, 2014

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS

e: do we still seriously not have admiral-walking-out.gif in HD?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Hard Clumping posted:

e: do we still seriously not have admiral-walking-out.gif in HD?

There was an incident.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kibayasu posted:

I'm of the opinion that's because "You Are Cordially Invited" is one of the few episodes where we saw Jadzia instead of Dax, in a sense. So many of the episodes that did concentrate on her were about every life Dax had except Jadzia's. Good for setting up stories and metaphors and poo poo but not so good at developing a person. I didn't care that the episode showed Jadzia as kind of a petty, grudge holding brat (admittedly in the face of someone also being that) because we saw something that was a person.

The funniest thing about that episode is the trivia that some people on the crew wanted Jadzia to bang the fire dancer guy and cheat on Worf. Talk about character assassination. I'm glad they didn't go through with it but I always think of that scene differently now.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

There was an incident.

An incident?!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
The HD version of that gif would have been accompanied by a half page long post comparing the blu-ray version with the sd version. We're better off without it.

Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS
You're telling me that the self-deposed Captain K. Diddler was the only person around who bought the blu-rays/has Prime and knows how to make gifs?

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Scratchmo

Click to enlarge if you can cope with the excitement of this thrilling exposé by Aatrek into the paint on some of the old Data dolls he has.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

In his never-ending quest to understand humour, Data studies minstrel shows and decides to develop his own vaudville persona. Once word of the "blue face" comedy routine reaches Andoria, the stability of the Federation is at risk! Will Data realize racism is bad? Find out next time on Star Trek: the Next Generation!

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Find out next time on STARRRRRRRRRRRRRR Trek: the NEXT GENERATION!

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Guest Starring: Jeffrey Combs

That episode would be hilarious.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Say what you will about his horrific serial rapes of children, that man knew cereal box cross promotions better than most.

Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS

Wowbagger2004 posted:

Click to enlarge if you can cope with the excitement of this thrilling exposé by Aatrek into the paint on some of the old Data dolls he has.

Watch every episode of Voyager. Don't talk in here about how parts of Star Trek are bad please.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Blazing Ownager posted:

The funniest thing about that episode is the trivia that some people on the crew wanted Jadzia to bang the fire dancer guy and cheat on Worf. Talk about character assassination. I'm glad they didn't go through with it but I always think of that scene differently now.

That was Ron "BSG" Moore who said he wanted that to happen, surprising to nobody.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Wowbagger2004 posted:

loving :laffo:

Just imagine writing articles about things like this in an aspergers level of detail.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Big Mean Jerk posted:

loving :laffo:

Just imagine writing articles about things like this in an aspergers level of detail.

Is that Q's Drag Persona, Daisy Ex Machina?

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Guest Starring: Jeffrey Combs

That episode would be hilarious.

Visiting Medical Officer Herbert West would have ruled. Just finished watching him in Re-Animator up on Netflix and I think it's criminal we didn't get a reanimating episode of TNG.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Why does that Data have yellow lipstick on?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

In his never-ending quest to understand humour, Data studies minstrel shows and decides to develop his own vaudville persona. Once word of the "blue face" comedy routine reaches Andoria, the stability of the Federation is at risk! Will Data realize racism is bad? Find out next time on Star Trek: the Next Generation!

No, no. By TNG, Andorians had become green people. He was mocking the Bolians.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Ever notice how Terrans helm a starship like this, but Andorians helm a starship like this?

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Scratchmo
Another first contact ruined by one of Data's appalling painted face pantomime impersonations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Scratchmo

Durrrr look at me I'm an Klingon, durr honour I hate romulans

• Locked thread