Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS
A deleted scene from "The Schizoid Man" involved Data's decision to try a beard being horribly timed with the arrival of a delegation from Hipster 8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo

durrrr look at me I'm a human I need oxygen durrr

Fucked-Up Little Dog fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Oct 11, 2014

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Too soon?

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
Aatrek never thought it was too early to go somewhere.

Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS

Wowbagger2004 posted:

durrrr look at me I'm a human I need oxygen durrr

"Sorry captain but uhm, accessing????? I'm pretty sure that play was actually written by, you may not have heard of him, loving Christopher Marlow? Yeah, not surprised."

e: can page 437 be data in costume page please

Hard Clumping fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Oct 11, 2014

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hard Clumping posted:

"Sorry captain but uhm, accessing????? I'm pretty sure that play was actually written by, you may not have heard of him, loving Christopher Marlow? Yeah, not surprised."

e: can page 437 be data in costume page please

Do you want Masks? Because this is how you get Masks.

Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS

Phy posted:

Do you want Masks? Because this is how you get Masks.

Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS

Wowbagger2004 posted:

Durrrr look at me I'm an Klingon, durr honour I hate romulans

I'm talking about this gag to my friend and he says he immediately imagined Data yelling "He shouts qapla like minstrels say mammy" with jazz hands

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

A GiS for "data cosplay" reveals like a ton of girl-Datas. You don't get the same thing with Worf or Picard or Riker. I wonder why that is.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

Computer, load holodeck program "Al Jolson" Alpha-3

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Hard Clumping posted:

Watch every episode of Voyager. Don't talk in here about how parts of Star Trek are bad please.

Also don't talk about any new Star Trek media until I have seen it, thanks.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Otisburg posted:

A GiS for "data cosplay" reveals like a ton of girl-Datas. You don't get the same thing with Worf or Picard or Riker. I wonder why that is.

Well, TNG established very early on that you can bang Data. The rest of the explanation should be obvious.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Soong thought ahead and, along with a comprehensive database on human/turian relations, had a Sqweel installed in Data's skull.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Data didn't need much convincing to get banged by Tasha Yar. How do you think he views sexual relations? As just a thing people do? Do you think it would be difficult to convince Data to have sex with you? Do you think it would matter if it was a man or not?

These are the questions I am yearning to know the answers to. For... a friend.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Data didn't need much convincing to get banged by Tasha Yar. How do you think he views sexual relations? As just a thing people do? Do you think it would be difficult to convince Data to have sex with you? Do you think it would matter if it was a man or not?

These are the questions I am yearning to know the answers to. For... a friend.

Given that he treated his relationship with Lt. Jenna D'Sora as basically a curiosity and science project he would probably entertain a "same sex" coupling as an additional experimental trial.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Geordi kept secretly loving Data then erasing Data's memory.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sash! posted:

Geordi kept secretly loving Data then erasing Data's memory.

That is super gross.

They were friends.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
It's also super plausible. Geordi was the gooniest motherfucker on that ship.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

syscall girl posted:

That is super gross.

They were friends.

"Computer, copy personality file Leah Brahms into Data's memory and also replicate a wig, program Geordi 849."

--A thing probably said by Geordi

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Dude why come on man he has the holodeck

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Real talk though, can you imagine the poor guy who had to cleanup the holodeck after Riker?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Real talk though, can you imagine the poor guy who had to cleanup the holodeck after Riker?
I just assumed the holodeck was self-cleaning. I mean obviously you could just holo-up some kind of future roomba. Or heat the entire thing like a self-cleaning oven, that's probably safer.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Seems easier to just get O'Brien to do it.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Allow me to quote the Sisko: its REEEEEEAAAAAALLL

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The ship can clean itself!

Well, good for the bloody ship!

Why the gently caress was the transporter pad covered with hay when they beamed up? That sort of thing doesn't usually happen.

Here's your problem. someone set this thing to "folksy"

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Trent posted:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Between Riker, Geordi, and Wesley, those poor holodeck characters must have needed daily therapy sessions.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Trent posted:

The ship can clean itself!

Well, good for the bloody ship!

Why the gently caress was the transporter pad covered with hay when they beamed up? That sort of thing doesn't usually happen.

Lest we forget there was a front page.

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/blue-stripe-life-4/

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

quote:

Commander Riker once used Captain Picard's mouth as a toilet during one of his bathroom visits to the holodeck!

Star Trek: Pooping into Picard's mouth forever

CaptainQuirk
May 9, 2009
Mass Effect crossover:
Damar and Hanar drinking Kanar

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Watching 11001001; Riker perving out on the holodeck to Minuet is cringey. That's a hologram, Will! A hologram!

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Nessus posted:

I just assumed the holodeck was self-cleaning. I mean obviously you could just holo-up some kind of future roomba. Or heat the entire thing like a self-cleaning oven, that's probably safer.

Whenever the holodeck's gone crazy, they always use the excuse that they can't just shut it down because it would destroy anything and anyone still in there to end the program. I figure that's a deliberate feature - sure, it means they lose the occasional crewman, but let's face it, it's better for everyone to just vaporise anything left in the holodeck once the program ends.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Big Mean Jerk posted:

"Computer - EJECT HOLODECK! EJECT! EJECT!"

KA-BOOM!

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Haha man look how pink that is. Jesus. Too bad our convicted pedophile is gone, I'm sure he'd've had a colour-corrected version of that exact frame in 4K.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
How much you want to bet he is reading this thread?

The Noodle Incident
Aug 23, 2007
I DON’T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

"A lot of people ask where we get the matter for the replicators. I...don't like the look on their faces when I tell them."

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST

betaraywil posted:

Oh god that last part of season three. It was so evocative. It brought to mind all in my life that is irretrievably lost to the past.

Yeah, I get that. I remember getting made redundant from my job the same day the finale aired. Talk about a double gut-punch.

Season 4 Farscape isn't by any means a BSG-scale trainwreck, but I've always felt the direction they took towards the end was disappointing. I think the main issue was the Skarrens were never interesting enough to be the central villains, unlike, say, the shamefully underused Nebari. And Servalan McMagictits was a horrible, horrible character.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

"I've studied her...schematics...for years."

A thing Geordi actually says to Picard when he says Brahms is coming to the ship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Baloogan posted:

How much you want to bet he is reading this thread?

I would bet a speckle-faced Data that he is.

• Locked thread