Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The first episode of Garo seemed a bit too try hard grimdark for me but the fights were pretty cool do I'll give it a couple more episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Ban all people still ironically watching Cross Ange after episode 2 :lol:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Eej posted:

What about the ones watching it unironically?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Eej posted:

What, is it worse than episode 1? What happens in it?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Eej posted:

Oh god, how much worse does it get?

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

quote:

CROSS ANGE #02 — Because You Can Never Have Enough Lesbian Rape

And then she just plops the eye back in and goes back to raping.

:v:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh, gently caress off.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Even though Fukuda is listed as a "creative producer" I think by now he is really taking the reins.

That pic owns hard, tho.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Gundam Build Fighters Try is already better than Reconquista in every way. It even has a female MC (until the "totally not a reiji clone" character takes over at least)!

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
All images :nws:

Aside from the random gore, there's plenty more conventional rape to be had by all!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Its apparent that in the world of cross ange its rape or be raped. It establishes a sort of pecking order in their society.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
I mean, I don't really see how gore is a horrible thing, but then my favorites of this season are Parasyte and UBW and I'm semi-eagerly awaiting the Terra Formars blurays, plus I semi-frequently talk up Genocyber in relevant threads, so I'm probably not a great judge. :v:

The rape stuff can definitely get hosed, though. :smith: Shame this poo poo still shows up in anime.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

how hard is it to just not bring up cross ange at all???

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Davincie posted:

On the other hand if nobody did then we would never get to see this

I feel like my life has been irrevocably changed for the better, after seeing that.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

What show are you guys talking about? Because I've never heard of or could conceive of such a terrible show existing.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
My only thing that I would want to learn about cross-ange is if D.R.A.G.O.N. ever gets nested in Robot name acronym.

But, like hell am I watching it to learn something dumb like that.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

SALT CURES HAM posted:

I mean, I don't really see how gore is a horrible thing, but then my favorites of this season are Parasyte and UBW and I'm semi-eagerly awaiting the Terra Formars blurays, plus I semi-frequently talk up Genocyber in relevant threads, so I'm probably not a great judge. :v:

The rape stuff can definitely get hosed, though. :smith: Shame this poo poo still shows up in anime.

People getting torn apart in Bug Fightz is one thing but women exploding in blood in the same breath as women being brutalized and raped raises like all the red flags. Also it's kind of ridiculous that TerraForMars gets the black bar treatment but this doesn't.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Srice posted:

Even though Fukuda is listed as a "creative producer" I think by now he is really taking the reins.

That pic owns hard, tho.

I think this show may have been the result of a Drunken bet by Fukuda to make something worse than Gundam SEED Destiny.

The dragons are still the best part of the show.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Eej posted:

People getting torn apart in Bug Fightz is one thing but women exploding in blood in the same breath as women being brutalized and raped raises like all the red flags. Also it's kind of ridiculous that TerraForMars gets the black bar treatment but this doesn't.

What proof do we have that they are even halve finished animating it?

Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

Second-stage Midboss Syndrome
But hey, in actually good Sunrise news, they've partnered with Rightstuf to start releasing backlog Gundam series in the US. Starting with Turn A!

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Davincie posted:

A whole lot easier with this revelation.

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"

This makes me very happpy.

Glad we'll finally be able to purchase Turn A Gundam at what I hope will be a reasonable price.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

OneDeadman posted:

My only thing that I would want to learn about cross-ange is if D.R.A.G.O.N. ever gets nested in Robot name acronym.

But, like hell am I watching it to learn something dumb like that.

They need to top Seed Destiny, by having a robot whose name is an acronym within an acronym within an acronym.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I sometimes wonder if the general quality of anime has been in constant decline these days...

I'm scared to think that the industry may not outlast the current shittiness of Hollywood. :stonk:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Grouchio posted:

I sometimes wonder if the general quality of anime has been in constant decline these days...

I'm scared to think that the industry may not outlast the current shittiness of Hollywood. :stonk:

Funny enough, last night I was looking up silly things people said back in the day in the usenet days and basically, anime has never been good and every year is the worst year for anime. I unironically saw someone complaining about how Gundam ruined mecha anime because it wasn't like the 70s super robot stuff.

Just for fun, here's one such thing I found, from '94

quote:

TV anime has indeed gone down the tubes lately. Not too long ago, Ranma
1/2 Nettouhen was at its peak in quality and then later Musekinin Kanchoo
Tailor was looking good. Now, even the recently cancelled GS Mikami puts
what's currently on the air to shame.

Hopefully, the upcoming Tenchi Muyoo TV series will prove entertaining,
but it's hardly a sure thing.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Stoked about Turn A and old Gundam coming back into print with a stable company like Rightstuf, less stoked that they mention that they're partnering with a distributor for Reconguista in G but give no details about it. What the hell is that?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The Devil Tesla posted:

Stoked about Turn A and old Gundam coming back into print with a stable company like Rightstuf, less stoked that they mention that they're partnering with a distributor for Reconguista in G but give no details about it. What the hell is that?

Yeah I thought for sure they'd announce streams at NYCC but I guess if that's all they announced then the status is it will come eventually but there's no ETA for the NA streams.

Meanwhile I look at the torrent stats and over 30k people have downloaded the latest episode, and that's not counting people using pirated streams and other methods. Sure, not all of them would use legal streams but some of them would for sure.

It's really dumb when they don't realize that the biggest priority with streams is that you gotta get it out as soon as possible. I will do what I can to support an official release if I am given that option. But because I have no NA option I gotta resort to piracy, and I'm not glad of it.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Redcrimson posted:

] Starting with Turn A!

Uh, wow.

Color me excited.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

Eej posted:

Pfft, they just save it for the important stuff in Cross Ange:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

:allears:

I'm just amazed that this show, which seems to have had some genuine talent behind it, reached trainwreck status in record time. It has no self-awareness whatsoever.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Fukuda wanted to put something like what we've seen in this show in SEED or Destiny, like maybe between Fllay and Lacus, but someone smart just refused. But since this isn't Gundam he can do whatever he pleases now.

I mean poo poo, people were comparing this to Symphogear before it came out, but that's pretty insulting to Symphogear now.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Justin_Brett posted:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Fukuda wanted to put something like what we've seen in this show in SEED or Destiny, like maybe between Fllay and Lacus, but someone smart just refused. But since this isn't Gundam he can do whatever he pleases now.

I mean poo poo, people were comparing this to Symphogear before it came out, but that's pretty insulting to Symphogear now.

Yea we should distinguish between categories of garbage to avoid insulting anyone.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Justin_Brett posted:

I feel like a lot of it is just that Fukuda likes sticking in references to stuff he likes and stuff he has worked on in the past. I really wish he could work on something that's not serious or melodramatic or rapey since he made a few cool things before SEED!

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

AnacondaHL posted:

Yea we should distinguish between categories of garbage to avoid insulting anyone.

hosed up

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Srice posted:

I feel like a lot of it is just that Fukuda likes sticking in references to stuff he likes and stuff he has worked on in the past. I really wish he could work on something that's not serious or melodramatic or rapey since he made a few cool things before SEED!

Oh yeah it has his handiwork all over it, but...these kinds of scenes seem pretty new. I at least don't remember anything like them from SEED, which I might be wrong about.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Grouchio posted:

Come on, now. Are we gonna act like the late 00's never happened? Because anime over the past few years has actually been trending back up in quality with a lot of really good shows being released, regardless of the fact that a show as god-awful as Cross Ange exists.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I suspect a desire to "top" Valvrave is partly to blame.

Great Rumbler posted:

Come on, now. Are we gonna act like the late 00's never happened? Because anime over the past few years has actually been trending back up in quality with a lot of really good shows, regardless of the fact that a show as god-awful as Cross Ange exists.

Basically agreed, although I do think that winter/spring/summer of this particular year has been slightly below par.

Based on this list, I get the impression that 2008 was particularly weak: http://www.adtrwiki.com/index.php?title=Top_10_Anime_by_Year

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Oct 11, 2014

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Grouchio posted:

i sometimes wonder if you are an idiot then you make a post like this, and... turns out you are

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The vast majority of any given given season is complete trash. So this season has a lesbian rape show instead of a harem incest show, overt pedophilia show, or gundam age. Oh no, anime has declined!

• Locked thread