Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

It's a cliquey, toxic environment full of try hards doing their best to pull one over on everyone else at all times of course it's miserable.

Yeah we know GBS is a bad place but okay you get the joke.

e: Welp there's some Liliana of the Veils. Regional PTQ promo card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Holy poo poo, you get a Liliana of the Veil if you make it to a new PTQ!

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Gonna have words with my LGS owner about having a Wizards Tower game if we're short for Draft one day.

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

If I could only somewhere find Aias, master of the warcry, then we could go forth and again ignite our battle-lust, even in the face of the gods themselves.
*whistle*

LotV is the promo card for getting to the regional PTQs.

Aisar
Mar 20, 2006

Don't look at the Batman. The Batman will steal your soul.
I feel like that's a tacit admission that LotV is too strong to reprint in standard.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Is that serious? Literally anything can be sanctioned? Cool.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Aisar posted:

I feel like that's a tacit admission that LotV is too strong to reprint in standard.

Yeah. That's totally a way to put out more supply without letting it loose again. I don't mind the hit to my collection nearly as much as I'm bummed to know I probably won't get to play LotV in standard again.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Or it's a way of getting additional promotional value out of the card before reprinting it in "M16".

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

What did they say about FNM promos? I caught that stores get between 5-15 a week, but not the rest.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Aisar posted:

Haven't they come out and said that they would have printed LotV in this current standard (that is, M15) if it weren't for black already being too strong contextually, in this specific standard? Basically "You could have had this, but you already have Thoughtseize (etc.)."

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

JerryLee posted:

Haven't they come out and said that they would have printed LotV in this current standard (that is, M15) if it weren't for black already being too strong contextually, in this specific standard? Basically "You could have had this, but you already have Thoughtseize (etc.)."

Yes, but it's also possible that in the meantime they've decided that it's too powerful for any standard. I think the card is pretty borderline, it's certainly possible that they feel like to reprint it they would need to make black pretty weak everywhere else, and maybe that tradeoff isn't worth it to them? Or maybe it's just that they ran into that problem for M16 and just don't know when they will feel able to reprint it, so for now we are just getting the promo.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Niton posted:

New FNM formats!

Including: Literally every format ever made, and some other ones
So we could have Momir Basic at FNM?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Zemyla posted:

So we could have Momir Basic at FNM?

I would dig that.

Is it even possible to have one of every creature in existence or would we just use tokens?

Aisar
Mar 20, 2006

ShadeofBlue posted:

Yes, but it's also possible that in the meantime they've decided that it's too powerful for any standard. I think the card is pretty borderline, it's certainly possible that they feel like to reprint it they would need to make black pretty weak everywhere else, and maybe that tradeoff isn't worth it to them? Or maybe it's just that they ran into that problem for M16 and just don't know when they will feel able to reprint it, so for now we are just getting the promo.

That's what I was thinking. The only reason LotV didn't make that impression when it was in standard was:

1) In SoM-Inn, delver really stole the show
2) In Inn-RtR, LotV was a pretty big player, but thragtusk certainly dulled the edge.

I doubt they want to have a repeat of either SoM-Inn, as much as I personally enjoyed it, or Inn-RtR, may thragtusk burn in hell forever, such that they may have just decided not to play with fire.

Aisar fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Oct 12, 2014

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

If I could only somewhere find Aias, master of the warcry, then we could go forth and again ignite our battle-lust, even in the face of the gods themselves.

JerryLee posted:

MaRo's answers sort of drift back and forth between Standard generally and specific Standard, and you don't quite get enough context on his blog - he himself also misses the question context enough, for that matter - to be really definitive on it. I think someone else on the site recently said that they'd considered printing LotV in the THS-KTK standard but decided she was powerful enough, and fitted into black well enough, that they'd have had to print hosers for her specifically and it wasn't worth it.

Sleep of Bronze fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Oct 12, 2014

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

FNM. Five stock. No items. Final Destination. No Fox.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
The PTQ Lilis will not be so common to really move the current price, right?

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
If they're a Promo. NO.

Do they have different art or are they Foil or what?

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

Looked normal, barring the promo star in place of a proper set symbol.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Yeah I found a pic and it's not new art but it is Foil (duh).

It's not going to plummet the price of regular Lili but it might end up cheaper than the original Foil.

If they ever reprint it in a normal Set (Standard or Suplemental) they need to get new art for her because :heysexy: is not what this game needs.

Cernunnos fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Oct 12, 2014

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

If you sanction Cube, does that mean the cube can't have proxies in it? I'm remembering that a sanctioned tournament cannot have proxies, right?

I mean, anyone that reports a store cool enough to cube for FNM is an rear end, but im curious.

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

Boxman posted:

If you sanction Cube, does that mean the cube can't have proxies in it? I'm remembering that a sanctioned tournament cannot have proxies, right?

I mean, anyone that reports a store cool enough to cube for FNM is an rear end, but im curious.

Yah, you wouldn't technically be allowed to sanction a proxied cube.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Boxman posted:

Proxies would be a bit of a weird situation. On the one hand, without them things like Legacy and Vintage are near-impossible to run. On the other hand, Wizards has a vested interest in not allowing them because it subverts the whole "buy our cards" thing. If they were allowed they would need to have strict regulations on them, such as maximum number per deck and what formats they could be used in.

So no. Unless they release a ruling along with the official announcement of the newly sanctioned FNM formats specifically allowing them, proxies will be just as illegal as they have always been.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What's the Pantheon BU control win con? Prognostic Sphinx?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Rinkles posted:

Pearl Lake Ancient.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

qbert posted:

Pearl Lake Ancient.

Up 20c since yesterday!

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Zonekeeper posted:

Proxies would be a bit of a weird situation. On the one hand, without them things like Legacy and Vintage are near-impossible to run.

Note that despite listing basically every other format anybody has ever given a name to, Vintage specifically isn't mentioned in the pictured list.

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Is there a decklist for this? Sounds interesting.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

tzirean posted:

Note that despite listing basically every other format anybody has ever given a name to, Vintage specifically isn't mentioned in the pictured list.

You could totally run Vintage though. If you could get together 8 decks with no proxies.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Gonna try out this Sultai Sidisi midrange build I've been working on in a daily because zombie tokens RULE, let's see how it do

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

When are BDM and Buehler going to stop talking? I just want to watch people play magic.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Hellsau posted:

When are BDM and Buehler going to stop talking? I just want to watch people play magic.

Probably when the next round actually starts.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Jabor posted:

Probably when the next round actually starts.

God that's depressing.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

qbert posted:

Pearl Lake Ancient.

Ugh, don't they know it can be chump blocked? :goonsay:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Going from listening to Rich Hagon talk to watching Owen Turtenwald play. Life is good again.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
And the winning name for jeskai is Jeskai Wins. An omen of what's to come?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Did Owen get a warning as well?

Aisar
Mar 20, 2006

Rinkles posted:

Did Owen get a warning as well?

Why would he get a warning?

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Aisar posted:

Why would he get a warning?

Failure to maintain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles