Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
People would talk about Black John Stewart and White Jon Stewart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

and Spider Man 3 is "so good"

lol, Spider-Man 3 came out when I was working as a theater usher and I saw more-or-less the entire movie completely out of sequence and it was much better that way.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Davros1 posted:

If they were to do a John Stewart GL film, the first thing they'd have to do is change his name. The name "John Stewart" has been so intrinsically linked as a brand to "The Daily Show" and political humor that it would it a hell of an uphill battle to get people to take it seriously.

It'd be like having a hero of the film called "Quentin Tarentino", "Woody Allen", or "Stephen King".

...poo poo, now I want to see this version of The Avengers.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Davros1 posted:

If they were to do a John Stewart GL film, the first thing they'd have to do is change his name. The name "John Stewart" has been so intrinsically linked as a brand to "The Daily Show" and political humor that it would it a hell of an uphill battle to get people to take it seriously.

It'd be like having a hero of the film called "Quentin Tarentino", "Woody Allen", or "Stephen King".

The best suggestion I've seen is to combine John Stewart and Hal Jordan's characters into a new character... that is just John Stewart with Hal Jordan's name.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

8one6 posted:

The best suggestion I've seen is to combine John Stewart and Hal Jordan's characters into a new character... that is just John Stewart with Hal Jordan's name.

I already suggested making Hal Jordan black and the response was "but there's already a black guy :confused:".

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
That feel unnecessary and would upset many GL fanboys. Do not underestimate how pissy GL fanboys can get.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Who gives a gently caress what they think.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
who's even a gl fanboy?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Honest Thief posted:

who's even a gl fanboy?

Geoff Johns

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Geoff Johns and that's pretty much it.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
so that's why we had years and years of spectrum ring wars? dope

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
That one guy on The Big Bang Theory too. I think that's it.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
The only time I ever enjoyed Hal Jordan as a character was probably oddly enough Green Lantern TAS which is amazing seeing how that show looked like something from an N64 game.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I'm pretty sure nobody actually reads the GL comics, they just argue about Wikipedia articles and repost pictures of the red lantern cat.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

mr. stefan posted:

I'm pretty sure nobody actually reads the GL comics, they just argue about Wikipedia articles and repost pictures of the red lantern cat.

I recommend this, it's more enjoyable.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Looks like we're getting a Batman spinoff film after Dawn of Justice.

Poor sad Affleck Batman.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

redshirt posted:

Poor sad Affleck Batman.

Oh don't worry, he'll get one (or five) as well. Then when he gets too old his brother Casey will take over for him.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Davros1 posted:

Stewart Johns.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Just roll with it and have GL John Stewart be a guy who runs a political comedy talk show before he gets the ring.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Just get Jon Stewart to play John Stewart in blackface. :v:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
John Stewart is just as boring as Hal Jordan, all Green Lanterns are all terrible. I would not want to watch a film made about any of them.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Thankfully, you won't have too. Ya know, being a human with free will and all.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
No. In this he has no choice.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

They should just go for broke and make a Mosaic trilogy.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

achillesforever6 posted:

The only time I ever enjoyed Hal Jordan as a character was probably oddly enough Green Lantern TAS which is amazing seeing how that show looked like something from an N64 game.

And near the end of that series Guy Gardner tells Hal who the new Green Lantern is in their sector and Hal goes "the fake news guy?"

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

TetsuoTW posted:

They should just go for broke and make a Mosaic trilogy.

Hollywood ain't ready.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

So goddamn ready for this.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Very brave move with the costume design but it looks amazing.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Yeah that looks pretty awesome. Makes more sense for him to be called 'daredevil' when he's leaping off buildings and poo poo completely blindfolded.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Man Without Fear Daredevil is the best possible idea.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I didn't know that D'Onofrio was the Kingpin. That could be fun casting if he makes the effort.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Steven DeKnight being involved is the only reason I'm interested. He won a lot of points with Spartacus.

Commissar Of Doom
Apr 21, 2009

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Man Without Fear Daredevil is the best possible idea.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Hollismason posted:

Very brave move with the costume design but it looks amazing.

How is it brave? It's pretty obviously the rushed outfit he puts on before making the actual daredevil costume, with extra points for being a direct reference to Frank Miller's origin story.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Away all Goats posted:

Yeah that looks pretty awesome. Makes more sense for him to be called 'daredevil' when he's leaping off buildings and poo poo completely blindfolded.

Also when he's fighting crime without wearing red Batman body armor.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Away all Goats posted:

To be honest, I don't think the blindfold is affecting him all that much.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Dan Didio posted:

To be honest, I don't think the blindfold is affecting him all that much.

I think they mean that it makes more sense for others to call him that, since the general public doesn't know he is blind. And it does, if they take the Arrow-approach and don't let him decide on his name himself.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Wouldn't that getup make it really obvious that he's blind, though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BrianWilly posted:

Wouldn't that getup make it really obvious that he's blind, though?

I bet they assume he can see through it. Which makes sense, since I'm willing to bet the actor playing him can see through it.

Although he probably gets a reputation for leaping before he looks pretty quick.

• Locked thread