Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jazz Hoyt
Nov 25, 2007

RBX posted:

Orton's twitter is pretty good.

I like that he only responds to people with Orton-themed handles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
https://twitter.com/Goons_TXT/status/520937096828448769

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

Onmi posted:

The dixie train is endless

"I choppy-choppy your pee-pee."

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ZackRyder/status/521137959090016256

quote:

.@BradMaddoxIsWWE finally got out of that cave.......but got ZACK ATTACKED tonight in #WWEMacon.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Two totally real guys.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
Cass made me think Enzo was Hornswoggle

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

MrBling posted:

Two totally real guys.

Realest guys in the room you mean.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

KFC got the scoopz, dude.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

dude, keep that in the spoiler thread

EDIT: I also don't get how that proves anything. They're only half-brothers after all and have different fathers, why would they have the same last name? All this shows is that Paul Bearer's real last name was Jacobs.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Oct 12, 2014

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Glen Jacobshttp:ow.ly/i/4jFAS

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Pfft, lies and foul slander. Next you'll be telling me that the Undertaker isn't really a dead man.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

quote:

Bad News Barrett ‏@WadeBarrett 2m2 minutes ago
They told me that swimming would be good rehab for my shoulder. Who am I to argue with the experts?… http://instagram.com/p/uEpHKcAXT-/

I miss you Barrett :smith:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Wow, Wade looks in fantastic shape.

Why did they ever sour on him? He's a good worker, good promo, and has the height and build they look for. Was it just the "must feed Cena" mentality surrounding the Nexus angle?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

sticklefifer posted:

Why did they ever sour on him? He's a good worker, good promo, and has the height and build they look for. Was it just the "must feed Cena" mentality surrounding the Nexus angle?

Until his injury it had looked like Triple H was moving him into at least a satellite role with The Authority, so sadly it was just a matter of poor timing injury wise.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

sticklefifer posted:

I think its more that he's had a few very badly timed injuries.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
He's had a couple of badly timed injuries, but he also had the legs taken out of what should have been a starmaking angle basically from square one. He was never more over than he was right after he and the rest of the Nexus took out Cena, but rather than capitalize on that they started making the Nexus look like geeks immediately.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

To be fair, Nexus was a bunch of guys with about 2 good promos and 2 good wrestlers between all of them, and Bryan's situation basically took away the guy who could have been the workhorse of the stable from a wrestling perspective - but still, it's a staple that just came out and completely dismantled the set and declared their intentions to flip the company upside down. They shouldn't have been wrestling tag matches against the Usos within a month.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Jerusalem posted:

Until his injury it had looked like Triple H was moving him into at least a satellite role with The Authority, so sadly it was just a matter of poor timing injury wise.

I think Meltzer said the plan was to make him their enforcer which got scrapped when he got injured. That's how we ended up with Cesaro in that slot and 50,000 Kane matches.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The main problem with the Nexus storyline is that Cena refused to wear the shirt. Just wear the loving shirt, John.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Seams posted:

The main problem with the Nexus storyline is that Cena refused to wear the shirt. Just wear the loving shirt, John.

P...please.... please just wearing the loving shirt, John :cripes:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I am pretty sure Cena knows he's the worst.

BigT
Oct 22, 2004

Endorph posted:

To be fair, Nexus was a bunch of guys with about 2 good promos and 2 good wrestlers between all of them, and Bryan's situation basically took away the guy who could have been the workhorse of the stable from a wrestling perspective - but still, it's a staple that just came out and completely dismantled the set and declared their intentions to flip the company upside down. They shouldn't have been wrestling tag matches against the Usos within a month.

I feel like the Nexus angle was really just a test for the Shield. they learned all their mistakes for the Nexus and then just applied lessons learned to them.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

BigT posted:

I feel like the Nexus angle was really just a test for the Shield. they learned all their mistakes for the Nexus and then just applied lessons learned to them.

The entirety of the Shield's run was basically a reversing all the mistakes of modern day booking. They won to the point that losing mattered, they had a natural progression through sensible storylines that grew the characters, they transitioned from heel to face for actual reasons, and when they finally broke up, it elevated everyone involved.

In sum, the Shield owned.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Charles Gnarwin posted:

The entirety of the Shield's run was basically a reversing all the mistakes of modern day booking. They won to the point that losing mattered, they had a natural progression through sensible storylines that grew the characters, they transitioned from heel to face for actual reasons, and when they finally broke up, it elevated everyone involved.

And they were doing the same thing with the Wyatts until they ran into the John "The Shovel" Cena and they're only just now starting to recover. The fact that WWE knows exactly how to create new stars but absolutely refuses to is the greatest frustration.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Dimebags Brain posted:

And they were doing the same thing with the Wyatts until they ran into the John "The Shovel" Cena and they're only just now starting to recover.

I'd argue against the Wyatts and I'm a massive fan, they where never really on the same level as the Shield until I'd say Survivor Series. I mean their run after their debut was some squash matches, Bray having some awful PPV singles matches against Kane/Kofi, being sent packing by The Miz on TV, being sent packing by Kane on PPV, and losing to Punk/Bryan at Survivor Series. Even after Survivor Series they lost to the Usos for three weeks straight.

That's pretty bleh booking honestly and turned me off them at the time. I mean after Bray/Bryan at the Rumble they looked amazing and even after the Cena/Bray match at WM they still looked really good, they only really fell off a cliff when "he's got the whole world in his hands" became the main focus of the group.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

The Wyatts lost to everyone that mattered, so therefore they don't matter.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Bray Wyatt beat Daniel Bryan clean. There was a short period of time where it looked like they might be pushing them, then Bray got fed to Cena and Harper/Rowan got fed to Samoan Cenas.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
He did beat Daniel Bryan... and what some tend to forget, he also beat Roman Reigns the next month. And for what?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i think his problem was that he was supposed to be a heel and he was getting more and more over as a face, which as jake the snake has pointed out, vince doesn't like

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

TheJoker138 posted:

Bray Wyatt beat Daniel Bryan clean. There was a short period of time where it looked like they might be pushing them, then Bray got fed to Cena and Harper/Rowan got fed to Samoan Cenas.

I'm pretty sure Bray was built up in the early part of the year so could get fed to Cena. I don't think there's ever been a long term plan to the Wyatts before or since.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

TheJoker138 posted:

Having Rowan and Harper not pick up the belts from the Usos is the most baffling decision. Instead, they flip the Dusts?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Johanns Molemann posted:

i think his problem was that he was supposed to be a heel and he was getting more and more over as a face, which as jake the snake has pointed out, vince doesn't like

Specifically, people liked him as a face more than The Polarizing, Controversial John Cena.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

They had a real star making moment set up for Bray at Wrestlemania with the big video package and the Mark Crozier voodoo entrance, but...nope, Cena just kind of ran through all three of them. It's all been downhill from there.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
I still can't get over that loving cage match. Who was the agent for that match? Like, really. Who the hell was responsible for that. Every moment of it was one of the worst things I've ever seen. Cena essentially wins the match seventeen times but is repeatedly blocked by a Keystone Kops routine and then a magic child steals the win and disappears forever.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

And as a result their eventual Best Of compilation will probably be the only WWE disc I'll ever buy, assuming it has all the right matches.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Speaking of Jake, apparently he was at or somewhere near Raw, because Nattie got a picture with him.

http://instagram.com/p/uHXqBay1Ie/

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Shima Honnou posted:

Speaking of Jake, apparently he was at or somewhere near Raw, because Nattie got a picture with him.

http://instagram.com/p/uHXqBay1Ie/

DDP's house where he stays is in Atlanta. Flair was backstage too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Jake should have come out and given Chrisley a DDT.