Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Agartha happened, that's what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordLeckie
Nov 14, 2009
Please make better use of the things i am feeding you in my anti flavah campaign given that im out of the game more or less.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Guys, please explain, we newbies are completely lost here :psyduck:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

A colossal army of eight heavy earth evokers with no precision, one practically-supercombatant, 9 trampling earth elementals and 115 big squishy sacred dickmonsters got beaten off by 21PD and a lone footman.

Maybe because of enormous amounts of magma eruption friendly fire into the back of the sacred dickmonsters, but I think the elementals died because the mages routed first? Is Dark Skies up and running?

immolationsex
Sep 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I ENJOY RUINING STEAK LIKE A GODDAMN BARBARIAN

Neruz posted:

Okay you need to video that fight or explain in detail :wtc: happened.
That witch doctor captures the readers' thoughts pretty well

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Did the tart go mad?

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
The real question is why nothing else died. Did he have it all set to hold a bunch and retreat?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Are they E9N9 Ancient Ones?

LordLeckie
Nov 14, 2009

jBrereton posted:

Are they E9N9 Ancient Ones?

Yes, with Awe.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

LordLeckie posted:

Yes, with Awe.
Right.

Well in that case, I'm guessing evo spam killed elementals and then blade wind made Ancient Ones flee?

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

jBrereton posted:

Right.

Well in that case, I'm guessing evo spam killed elementals and then blade wind made Ancient Ones flee?

Yeah I'm guessing all/the vast majority of the pale ones were in a single squad and once they routed from friendly fire it triggered an HP route.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

heres a hint

as an aside, does anyone know if PD commanders not routing at the 25% hp mark is an intended change? Or did that whole mechanic get revamped on dom4

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Leeching Darkness?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Dark Skies, a lucky roll on the witch doctor spawn and a bunch of castings of panic?

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Dark skies and darkness completely wrecking precision and morale?

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
150 agarthans set to guard commander?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
debug mode?

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Speleothing posted:

150 agarthans set to guard commander?

I think this is it.

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Goddamn Lemuria is so OP I can't even conceive. I've been throwing armies at their goddamn stock Grand Lemurs and Consuls but the fuckers just refuse to die and keep routing everything. loving ridiculous.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I think Lemuria is considered UP.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Kurnugia posted:

Goddamn Lemuria is so OP I can't even conceive. I've been throwing armies at their goddamn stock Grand Lemurs and Consuls but the fuckers just refuse to die and keep routing everything. loving ridiculous.

Use magics. Solar rays, dust to dust etc. If your troops don't have magic weapons you need to deploy mages, at which point lemurs should die easily.

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

Kurnugia posted:

It's because you've been throwing nothing but chaff at them, with zero battle magic or any magic support at all. Constantly. Over and over again. Like it'll work when it's the 8th try.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Flavahbeast posted:

heres a hint

as an aside, does anyone know if PD commanders not routing at the 25% hp mark is an intended change? Or did that whole mechanic get revamped on dom4

I do know that pd doesn't count towards hp routes like it used to so it won't route support mages with them as easily. Maybe they hosed with commander behavior then as well.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Those Ancient Ones are definitely on Guard Commander orders.

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

garth ferengi posted:

It's because you've been throwing nothing but chaff at them, with zero battle magic or any magic support at all. Constantly. Over and over again. Like it'll work when it's the 8th try.

What, you mean to say I am not good at this game!? Well I'm not! :derp:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Kurnugia posted:

What, you mean to say I am not good at this game!? Well I'm not! :derp:

I should point out even the AI is able to summon poo poo and occasionally employ mages in support of chaff. So you're objectively worse then the AI right now. I think this should be worth a price. :v:

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I am a bad.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I would love to see LA Caelum attack-> death2spooky dust2dust scripts.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Use magics. Solar rays, dust to dust etc. If your troops don't have magic weapons you need to deploy mages, at which point lemurs should die easily.

Unless all you have is priest-mages, then they spam their dumb national 'hey your god sucks come join ghostbros' spell and suddenly you're thunderstriking your own dudes. :saddowns:

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Decrepus posted:

I would love to see LA Caelum attack-> death2spooky dust2dust scripts.
It'll happen.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Kitfox88 posted:

Unless all you have is priest-mages, then they spam their dumb national 'hey your god sucks come join ghostbros' spell and suddenly you're thunderstriking your own dudes. :saddowns:

maybe you should have taken an astral bless, nerd. fountains are fuckin lame

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Kitfox88 posted:

Hire sacreds to get targeted and drop antimagic if you can.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

jsoh posted:

maybe you should have taken an astral bless, nerd. fountains are fuckin lame

how fukken dare u

The Gentleman
Jun 21, 2012
So how does the Ur special fertility event work? I was told you need an Ensi and Entu in your capital at the end of the year, and then you get a special event. But I've tried it in test games and haven't gotten anything.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

The Gentleman posted:

So how does the Ur special fertility event work? I was told you need an Ensi and Entu in your capital at the end of the year, and then you get a special event. But I've tried it in test games and haven't gotten anything.

The event doesn't always fire.

The Gentleman
Jun 21, 2012

Nuclearmonkee posted:

The event doesn't always fire.

What, its a random chance event that can ONLY happen if you have the ensi and entu in the cap at spring?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

The Gentleman posted:

What, its a random chance event that can ONLY happen if you have the ensi and entu in the cap at spring?

No, it just fires every few years at random, as far as I can tell.

immolationsex
Sep 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I ENJOY RUINING STEAK LIKE A GODDAMN BARBARIAN
it fires at random, and if you get the royal couple into the capital, you have a chance of triggering a flurry of income+ and growth+ events.

Funny thing is, I seem to recall the event also triggering in captured enemy capitals. Don't remember if it was possible to trigger the good followup events, though.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

When I first heard about it (the negative events associated with not doing it) I fired up a test game to see. In the one where I didn't do it it was clear within 1 year that the events were getting bad and frequent. But in the game where I had the two hanging out to get them to gently caress I must have hit end turn 50 times and got nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Gentleman
Jun 21, 2012

Decrepus posted:

When I first heard about it (the negative events associated with not doing it) I fired up a test game to see. In the one where I didn't do it it was clear within 1 year that the events were getting bad and frequent. But in the game where I had the two hanging out to get them to gently caress I must have hit end turn 50 times and got nothing.

So basically just keep a pair there at all time, or does it only trigger in winter/spring?

• Locked thread