Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Klowns posted:

I was going to ask about what seems to be a weird memory leak where I start to see some objects as all blue; normally NPC weapons and armor and then the game crashes soon after. I've LOOT sorted, Bashed and cleaned everything LOOT yelled at me about with TES5Edit without fixing it but when I get home I'll try the above .ini fix and go through the steps in the stability guide and see if that helps.

Hopefully I don't need to start a new game again, though I am getting really good at getting back to level 10 quickly.

That could be you running out of VRAM. If you're using an ENB make sure you adjust the settings properly. If you aren't using an ENB, try using ENBoost and see if that fixes your problem. Also if you have a bunch of really high resolution texture mods try disabling some.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Am I going crazy or is there an overhaul mod that gives each area of the map its own distinct climate? Like Riverrun and that area are vaguely tropical, up near Solitude is more snowhell, etc.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

Yeah I Like Girls posted:

That could be you running out of VRAM. If you're using an ENB make sure you adjust the settings properly. If you aren't using an ENB, try using ENBoost and see if that fixes your problem. Also if you have a bunch of really high resolution texture mods try disabling some.

Between ENBoost and Skyrim Project Optimization things *seem* to be fixed, I was able to quick travel to Whiterun which was causing a crash almost every time before. Load times are a bit longer but nothing horrible. Only ran it for a few hours, I'll give it some proper stress testing later this week.

Thanks for the help.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Klowns posted:

Between ENBoost and Skyrim Project Optimization things *seem* to be fixed, I was able to quick travel to Whiterun which was causing a crash almost every time before. Load times are a bit longer but nothing horrible. Only ran it for a few hours, I'll give it some proper stress testing later this week.

Thanks for the help.

Oh right forgot to mention that SMCO can be really really good for fixing issues with VRAM usage with basically no noticeable difference. The feature that compresses DDS textures is the only thing you'd really want to use (definitely don't use the NIF compressor), but that one function works really well and basically made all my load times a fraction of what they were with no noticeable loss in quality.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/13529/

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Is there a common blacklist for Wintermyst procer? And/or any idea's why adding it makes SUM take 10,000 years?

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Because Wintermyst can take up to 30 minutes to complete, it just takes a long time.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Mr. Crow posted:

Is there a common blacklist for Wintermyst procer? And/or any idea's why adding it makes SUM take 10,000 years?

probably running out of ram. Check LtSmash and my posts recently for possible solutions.

Consider running patchers individually so you can set the command line options.

You may need to use the 4GB patcher on your javaw.exe so it can let you use more ram.

You can also use the -AllModsAsMasters command line option with the new Lootification and ASIS.

Finally, the Wintermyst proccer is pretty much useless IMHO, since Lootification will distribute the Wintermyst enchants.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Has anyone encountered weird problems after updating to ASIS 1.42.3 or 4? I've had a couple reports of not being able to interact with npcs or dialogue options not showing up but tracking down issues from nexus comments is basically impossible.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Orv posted:

Am I going crazy or is there an overhaul mod that gives each area of the map its own distinct climate? Like Riverrun and that area are vaguely tropical, up near Solitude is more snowhell, etc.

This sounds interesting but my Google-fu isn't strong enough to find anything like it.

In poking around looking for more mods for a new game, I saw something pretty interesting. The authors of JK overhauls and Dawn of overhauls have decided to team up and create compatibility patches. Instead of the main esp from either, you grab each of their compatibility esps and have both overhauls at once. They've got Solitude down so far but that looks to be all. I like when modders come together instead of getting all :nexus:.

For my new run I'm doing SkyRe again but with Deadly Combat and Revenge of the Enemies instead of its combat and AI modules. Supporting mods are Morrowloot 4E, Scarcity, iNeed, less gold, High Level Enemies, the Populated mods, Monster Mod lore edition, Touring Carraiges with fast travel disabled, and Frostfall on hardcore. My last run had me farting around Solstheim in Deathbrand armor with Dragonbone weapons and 100,000 gold by level 40 and finding every fight where I wasn't up against a Draugr who could shout really easy.

Another cool looking one I'm going to try that compliments the list and haven't really seen mentioned much is Convenient Horses. It lets you store stuff on your horse, talk to NPCs, tell it to stay back during a fight, has a quick dismount, gives followers horses, gives you various horse summons, pretty much makes horses integral instead of a neat side thing.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

LtSmash posted:

In your ini file (if you use MO change it through its ini editor) set
code:
[Interface]
bShowTutorials = 0

I added this into my ini file and I'm still getting the "press z to shout" pop up on quickload, but at least no longer getting the tutorials upon opening my map, inventory, etc. I tested it out on a new game and on any quickload it will display the last help message I received, whether it's 'move the mouse to look around' or 'press R to ready weapon'.

Edit: Figured it out, if you are still in the same game session that the messages first shows up in, it will appear every time you quicksave/load. Exiting the game and starting it again from a spot after the message had passed got rid of it. Derp.

Fake James fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Oct 12, 2014

Duck and burger
Jul 21, 2006
Never a greater duo
I'm trying to make a hit and run assassin but it's loving IMPOSSIBLE to ever get back into stealth once one dude in the whole battle has seen you. No matter how far away, out of LOS, using the 100 sneak thing, whatever -- I get hounded through it all. Are there any mods that address that?

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Duck and burger posted:

I'm trying to make a hit and run assassin but it's loving IMPOSSIBLE to ever get back into stealth once one dude in the whole battle has seen you. No matter how far away, out of LOS, using the 100 sneak thing, whatever -- I get hounded through it all. Are there any mods that address that?

Sneak Tools gives you some stuff like noisemaker arrows which you can use to distract enemies while you pick them off, in addition to the ability to slit the throats of unaware enemies. But that won't really help you escape from enemies once spotted since the whole sneak skill revolves around stopping you from being detected, not helping you escape once detected. SPERG does make some changes that could help such as the Shadow Warrior perk, but you'll still come across some difficulty working with that play style. Your best bet will probably be relying on some magic to cloak yourself. SPERG lets you upgrade your invisibility spells so that you don't make any sound during them and attacks will pass right through you, which might be able to help you escape back into an undetected state, but I haven't tried it myself.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
In the OP, when it talks about loading the Unofficial Patchs' BSAs in the right order, what is that referring to?

Total newbie modder here, just want to make sure I get this right. Going to try loading the basic recommended patches and maybe a few more tweaking ones to improve crafting.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Duck and burger posted:

Play Shadow of Mordor instead or something.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

In the OP, when it talks about loading the Unofficial Patchs' BSAs in the right order, what is that referring to?

Total newbie modder here, just want to make sure I get this right. Going to try loading the basic recommended patches and maybe a few more tweaking ones to improve crafting.

Get you some Mod Organizer so you can hit a Sort button and not even have to think about it.

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.
So I tried out and really enjoyed SkyRe. Are there any other massive gameplay changing mods (besides SPERG)?

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Kulkasha posted:

So I tried out and really enjoyed SkyRe. Are there any other massive gameplay changing mods (besides SPERG)?

People were discussing Requiem on the last page which is the other big overhaul.

Duck and burger
Jul 21, 2006
Never a greater duo
There's also ACE. I switched to it from SPERG because it doesn't make the game quite so easy, and SPERG was conflicting with some other nice mods I was using (can't remember which.)

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

FadedReality posted:

Get you some Mod Organizer so you can hit a Sort button and not even have to think about it.

ah, sweet, already taken care of then

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009
Well, I've hit a snag while updating everything. Basically, mod organizer throws out this error (and a few others related to it):
21:17:42 [W] request failed: Host nmm.nexusmods.com not found

If I let MO run LOOT through the sort button I get this:
Error: Masterlist update failed. Details: Git operation failed. Error: -1; Failed to send request: The server name or address could not be resolved

And if I run the LOOT executable itself via MO I get this:
•Error: Masterlist update failed. Details: An error occurred while trying to update the masterlist. This could be due to a server-side error. Try again in a few minutes.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

One of my mods appears to have either started deleting every item I drop, or making it invisible. This is highly annoying and impeding my arrow conservation. Anyone know off the top of their head what might be causing this or should I start disabling mods and testing them?

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

It would help if you posted your load order.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

LtSmash posted:

Has anyone encountered weird problems after updating to ASIS 1.42.3 or 4? I've had a couple reports of not being able to interact with npcs or dialogue options not showing up but tracking down issues from nexus comments is basically impossible.

I'm using 1.42.4 and have not had any issues accessing conversations or dialogue options. I have had issues with dialogue stuttering, but that's probably an unrelated problem.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

That's a bit of an obsolete warning. The Dragonborn unofficial patch's BSA contains several scripts that need to overwrite non-Dragonborn versions of those scripts that are in the Skyrim unofficial patch's BSA.
When you place your mods in the Data folder the game loads the contents of BSA files in the same order as the corresponding .esm & .esp files. So if you sort your plugin loadorder properly, everything will be fine.

Mod Organizer doesn't put mods in the Data folder. It keeps them elsewhere and presents the mods' files to the game as it boots via unholy voodoo. MO also adds an installation order (left side of the screen in MO), in addition to the plugin loadorder (right side of the screen in MO).
In older versions of MO, the installation order would trump the plugin loadorder. So if you had your loadorder properly sorted, but had the USKP lower in your installation order then the UDBP, then MO would present the USKP version of the scripts to the game instead of the UDKP ones. Which would result in your computer blowing up. Well, not really. Just you not being able to absorb dragon souls.
The creator of MO fixed this and it presents the BSA files to the game in same order as the corresponding plugins positions in your loadorder, regardless of the BSA files' installation order. So again: if you sort your plugin loadorder properly, everything should be fine.

That all said. I'd say it's still a good idea when using MO to have your installation order follow your loadorder, unless you want certain loose files from one mod to overwrite some other mod's loose files. If only so that your force yourself to pay attention to your installation order.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Is there a way to set up ENB so that it only enables Depth of Field when indoors, or failing that lets set you a toggle hotkey for it? I like the atmosphere the effect adds inside but don't like it outdoors. Having to bring up ENB's ingame menu each time is annoying and immersion-killing

There was a mod called "ENB SSAO and DoF Toggler for Skyrim" that let you bind toggling DoF to a hotkey, but it was made for an older version of ENB and doesn't work anymore

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.
You could hit shift+f12 every time you wanna turn it off or on, but that poo poo gets tedious quick.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Raygereio posted:

That all said. I'd say it's still a good idea when using MO to have your installation order follow your loadorder, unless you want certain loose files from one mod to overwrite some other mod's loose files. If only so that your force yourself to pay attention to your installation order.

For large numbers of mods it sounds like a huge pain to sort all of them to match your load order but you actually only have to get the ones with the lightning bolts with + or - signs on them sorted. MO looks at the contents of mods and uses the lightning bolts to tell you about conflicts. If there is a + it means that mod is overwriting another mod's files and if there is a - it means that mod's files are being overwritten by another mod. You can right click and choose info then go to conflicts and it will list all files that are conflicting with other mods.

Install order is very important with texture replacers since they don't always have esm/esps.

CardinalBiggles
Jul 27, 2007

Torka posted:

Is there a way to set up ENB so that it only enables Depth of Field when indoors, or failing that lets set you a toggle hotkey for it? I like the atmosphere the effect adds inside but don't like it outdoors. Having to bring up ENB's ingame menu each time is annoying and immersion-killing

There was a mod called "ENB SSAO and DoF Toggler for Skyrim" that let you bind toggling DoF to a hotkey, but it was made for an older version of ENB and doesn't work anymore

I know not every ENB preset has it, but I'm using True Vision right now and it's got separate settings for interior and exterior DoF. In enbeffectprepass.fx it should look something like this:

code:
#define	NearBlurCurveINT		10.0	//I-DoF Near Blur Curve
#define	FarBlurCurveINT			1.0	//I-DoF Far Blur Curve
#define	NearBlurCurveEXT		10.0	//E-DoF Near Blur Curve
#define	FarBlurCurveEXT			1.0	//E-DoF Far Blur Curve
#define	NearFocusWindowINT 		0.055556 //I-Near Focus Window
#define	FarFocusWindowINT 		1.111112 //I-Far Focus Window
#define	FocusWindowDistanceINT 		2 //I-Focus Window Distance
#define	NearFocusWindowEXT 		3.333334 //E-Near Focus Window
#define	FarFocusWindowEXT 		1.666667 //E-Far Focus Window
#define	FocusWindowDistanceEXT 		3 //E-Focus Window Distance
I'd suggest changing them in the in-game editor so you can see the effect, but for True Vision that means finding the line, "// #define TWEAK" in the same .fx file and deleting the "//" part.

Buried alive posted:

Well, I've hit a snag while updating everything. Basically, mod organizer throws out this error (and a few others related to it):
21:17:42 [W] request failed: Host nmm.nexusmods.com not found

If I let MO run LOOT through the sort button I get this:
Error: Masterlist update failed. Details: Git operation failed. Error: -1; Failed to send request: The server name or address could not be resolved

And if I run the LOOT executable itself via MO I get this:
•Error: Masterlist update failed. Details: An error occurred while trying to update the masterlist. This could be due to a server-side error. Try again in a few minutes.

I had that same issue with LOOT. I ended up downloading the standalone from here and dropped it into the "Mod Organizer/LOOT" folder. But then I updated MO to 1.2.14 so I don't really know what's overwritten what at this point, but it works. For the Nexus error I'm pretty sure you just need to go to Settings > Workarounds in MO and change the NMM version to 0.52.2.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

LtSmash posted:

For large numbers of mods it sounds like a huge pain to sort all of them to match your load order but you actually only have to get the ones with the lightning bolts with + or - signs on them sorted. MO looks at the contents of mods and uses the lightning bolts to tell you about conflicts. If there is a + it means that mod is overwriting another mod's files and if there is a - it means that mod's files are being overwritten by another mod. You can right click and choose info then go to conflicts and it will list all files that are conflicting with other mods.

Install order is very important with texture replacers since they don't always have esm/esps.

I'd also point out that the latest MO will actually sort your left-hand pane automatically now.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Well, I reloaded Skyrim and it stopped. How odd.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Been enjoying Morrowloot so far. Haven't found anything in dungeons yet, but I'm only just starting out so that's to be expected. I like that the shops aren't flooded with Elven and Dwarvern stuff anymore.

The Jarl of Riften has quite the collection, though :stare:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Squeegy posted:

Well, I reloaded Skyrim and it stopped. How odd.

Skyrim stopped?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Geoff Zahn posted:

Been enjoying Morrowloot so far. Haven't found anything in dungeons yet, but I'm only just starting out so that's to be expected. I like that the shops aren't flooded with Elven and Dwarvern stuff anymore.
The Jarl of Riften has quite the collection, though :stare:

I wonder how Morrowloot would interact with Requiem...

Also thanks to everyone from before for your advice. I ended getting my issues resolved.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!
"I'll stop off at that word wall on my way to Whiter-"

:catstare:

E:

Anyone ever been unable to increase their skill stat with a trainer? I've got a whole heap of gold and want to up my smithing, so I buy a level but it doesn't go up. I just lose money.

Beeb fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Oct 14, 2014

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Agents are GO! posted:

Skyrim stopped?

The bug where every item that entered the world from my inventory would disappear stopped.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Capn Beeb posted:

"I'll stop off at that word wall on my way to Whiter-"

:catstare:

E:

Anyone ever been unable to increase their skill stat with a trainer? I've got a whole heap of gold and want to up my smithing, so I buy a level but it doesn't go up. I just lose money.

This is a bug caused by mucking with skill up rates by any means other than the uncapper. I found this out when I was mucking around with SkyTweak.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

This is a bug caused by mucking with skill up rates by any means other than the uncapper. I found this out when I was mucking around with SkyTweak.

What code could possibly be causing that? Nature is terrifying.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Probably the same one that makes >60fps refresh rates do poltergeist poo poo with physics objects.

Positronic Spleen
May 5, 2010
I'm kind of at my wit's end here trying to figure out what is going wrong with loading my saves. It wasn't related to that mod from before, it was just an unfotunate coincidence.

So the game plays fine for a while, saves will save and load pretty fast, but then out of nowhere saves start to load really slowly, but transitions are still snappy. A quickload that should take a second takes minutes. I tried all kinds of bullshit to fix this: reverting to older saves and doing completely different quests, waiting 30 days in a house, nuking the papyrus section of my savegame (just to see if it had any effect), loading from an MO profile that has nothing but the base game, etc. I am just stumped. Nothing was added or removed in between "working" and "broken", closest thing would be a week or two before that having switched some mods to download from Nexus instead of manually (because of MO download issues). I tried validating files, but all it did was alter some Steam install script and restore the intro logo video.

The only thing I can find is by using some savegame utilities, that there are no orphaned/unattached scripts, but maybe there are hanging process threads? I noticed some saves have what seems like a lot more form ids, no idea what that could mean. For all I know I was an idiot and unintentionally moved some critical mod out of order.

modlist.txt (The "Revert" mods are really simple custom mods I made to undo some of the unofficial patch's "fixes")
plugins.txt
skyrim.ini
skyrimprefs.ini
Saves to compare (You probably don't even need the mods installed to see the effect; I didn't)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Haha holy poo poo, had the "Alduin comes... except, he doesnt!" bug at the Time Tear last night. That was the very first bug I had in Skyrim shortly after launch, and now I get it again.

Memories :(

• Locked thread