Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i don't care about borders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This is my human being CK2 masterpiece, because I played it as a Crusader King and mostly only gained lands through crusades. I kinda cheated and fabricated a ton of claims to form Hispania, but that was mostly because I was really sick of having 6ish kingdom titles but no empire title.

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

I get paid to stab people with sharp objects.
Did you just close your eyes and spin a globe when you were trying to figure out what to conquer next?

I keed I keed, map on mapper. You've got the Holy Land like any good Crusader King should and therefore you won.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

yeah excetp i also think Pretty Borders are dumb............

LEave. Noew.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I was so angry at the post I couldn;t even typoe properly.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I was so angry at the post I couldn;t even typoe properly.

what the hecks your steam >_<

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

/jakeface

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Larry Parrish posted:

This is my human being CK2 masterpiece, because I played it as a Crusader King and mostly only gained lands through crusades. I kinda cheated and fabricated a ton of claims to form Hispania, but that was mostly because I was really sick of having 6ish kingdom titles but no empire title.

Did you have Sunset Invasion on?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

yeah excetp i also think Pretty Borders are dumb............

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Just had a cool early war against Austria as venice. I attacked Ferrara thinking that Austria might not join because htye were fighting Burgundy, but the fuckers joined any way. I actually got completely wiped, but managed to restore my army in Venizia with mercs and steal Ferrara and then Wien before peacing out with a hearty lol. I think the only thing that really saved me from gettign my rear end kicked was the morale bonus from Aristocrats faction.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I always forget that the AI takes zero naval attrition instead of just having a maximum blockade range or something so I get poo poo like Denmark blockading Ragusa at dip tech 3. Someone please smash the Wiz's head in with a cinder block.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I always neglect naval poo poo when I really shouldn't probably, I just don't got the temperament to deal with moving boats around the water strategically. It would of probably saved my Pueblo game if I had though.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Just had a cool early war against Austria as venice. I attacked Ferrara thinking that Austria might not join because htye were fighting Burgundy, but the fuckers joined any way. I actually got completely wiped, but managed to restore my army in Venizia with mercs and steal Ferrara and then Wien before peacing out with a hearty lol. I think the only thing that really saved me from gettign my rear end kicked was the morale bonus from Aristocrats faction.

I remember I had some close calls with Austira but since I was so focused on expanding east and south instead of taking Italy I was able to buddy up with France. That helped a lot.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lmao. I loving stomped Poland thanks to morale bonus + 1 tech ahead and NO terrain bonuses. 40 units versus 18 and my leader was a crummy 3 fire 1 shock guy. Boom thanks I'll take Bessarabia.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Coring Ragusa, Constantinople, Ferrara and Bessarabia and it's 1457 and I have zero admin points and still on tech 3...lol.

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

I am trying to learn Vicky 2.

It looks like a great game, I just have to re-learn how to play Paradox games prior to the big CK2 shift.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Cool thing about owning Bessarabia. The hordes will beat the crap out of Crimea while ottomans go Durrr...DURRR because you won;t give them mil access.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

OkieMurse posted:

I am trying to learn Vicky 2.

It looks like a great game, I just have to re-learn how to play Paradox games prior to the big CK2 shift.

good luck

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

Started as Japan, normal difficulty. I usually play these games very aggressively so first thing to do is obviously take Korea. Started manufacturing a conquest CB and get discovered right away for a huge infamy hit. Still managed to take Korea easily. However I did not notice that they were allied with the Chinese empire until the last minute. With a bit of hurried troop conscription and some luck on my part due to the Chinese splitting their invading armies too much, I was able to drive them off and force a white peace. Sent a diplomat to improve relations a bit to stave off the inevitable Chinese invasion in the future.

Sitting at 16 infamy in July 1840 with Korea fully conquested, 34/62 brigades, 5/20 ships, land reform and financial reform done, 32.4% literacy, +4.52 research/day, and 1.46 militancy.

Looks like I get to cool my heels and enact another reform with my bonus points from conquest and wait for the infamy to chill out before I go terrorize some Pacific uncivs.

Any way to speed up that infamy loss?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think regime changes might do it but I haven't played Victoria in almost a year.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

need a cool start in EU4 that's different now stat.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lawman 0 posted:

need a cool start in EU4 that's different now stat.

Try Venetian Sea and share strats with me.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Try Venetian Sea and share strats with me.

ok :)

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I lost a war against ottomans and they made me give up core on Albania and release Corfu...but jokes on them I conquered Corfu when the truce ran out!!! I also alliance chained Cyprus by attacking Athens, and Rhodes joined in too so My Byz vassal is getting buff. I keep Cyprus to fabricate tho.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is the byzantium 1444 start even possible. wtf.

also to that other guy, ya i had sunset invasion on. they killed all the north african muslims for me but took insane losses so i just walked in and cleaned up. there's only one province that even made it to aztec culture.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

is the byzantium 1444 start even possible. wtf.

also to that other guy, ya i had sunset invasion on. they killed all the north african muslims for me but took insane losses so i just walked in and cleaned up. there's only one province that even made it to aztec culture.

Byz start was possible a few patches ago...I've done it twice. I'm doing Venice now though.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I lost a war against ottomans and they made me give up core on Albania and release Corfu...but jokes on them I conquered Corfu when the truce ran out!!! I also alliance chained Cyprus by attacking Athens, and Rhodes joined in too so My Byz vassal is getting buff. I keep Cyprus to fabricate tho.

Corffffffuuuuuuuu.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i got insta-conquered by ottomans but then i restarted and they went to war with the hordes instead, so they were distracted. one of the black sea minors conquered one of my cores so i jumped in and annexed their whole lovely nation. i feel like its gonna be a long string of battles like that, where i just beat up some poo poo-idiot that got missed by the ottomans

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Corffffffuuuuuuuu.

I just imagined a Rage Guy in a Fez, or a giant turban yelling that and laughed.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

i got insta-conquered by ottomans but then i restarted and they went to war with the hordes instead, so they were distracted. one of the black sea minors conquered one of my cores so i jumped in and annexed their whole lovely nation. i feel like its gonna be a long string of battles like that, where i just beat up some poo poo-idiot that got missed by the ottomans

You need to butter up Austria, or Poland imo.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I just had my Songhai game end because Portugal decided to annex the entirety of West Africa and fought me in a bunch of different wars where they landed their entire army on my coasts which is like 42 dudes and crushed me. It sucks to, because we have the same military tech, you just don't have a lot of places to get army tradition in africa so their super generals would kill my dudes when facing 1:3 odds. I only have like, the Kongo and everything west of Mali at the start, but they want literally all of my territory and just keep attacking and I have no idea what to do.

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

Yeah, if you catch aggro from a superpower sometimes you're just hosed.

Don't really know what to do there. Sometimes I have luck reverting to old save and befriending a rival of theirs.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I started on ironman to get the achievement for taking Timbuktu, so no luck there, I'm afraid.

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

You could cheat like crazy but the achievement would forever be joyless and hollow, sitting in your collection mocking your inability to get poo poo done like a man

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I already got the achievement so tell me what to do, I am angry at the videogame portugese and need help turning Lisbon into New Timbuktu.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

LEave. Noew.

grr im so mad that you dont play this in the ocd way i play it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
ck2 is designed around making pretty borders

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I always forget that the AI takes zero naval attrition instead of just having a maximum blockade range or something so I get poo poo like Denmark blockading Ragusa at dip tech 3. Someone please smash the Wiz's head in with a cinder block.

With gusto.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

>tfw Denmark has parts of west morocco so there's a hole in your map

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I finally figured out how a cool trade secret in eu4 that'll let me beat portugal. If you can force all of the trade nodes in a continent to flow into your home trade province you can get rich as gently caress very easily, especially with high mercantilism