Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
I don't think even they knew for most of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
matt u spoil us

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Rodyle posted:

Hm, so Bug Island, Alien, and what I wonder?

Cryme Tyme I hope

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

AXE COP posted:

Cryme Tyme I hope

Well, someone got his wish fulfilled.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

This is the best Cryme Tyme ever. :allears:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Aaaand Alien is up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO9LJCcyqtQ

"YOU CAN'T JUDGE EVERYTHING COMPARED TO PREDATOR"

"I think I can, I have a wedding coming up and..."

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Tatum Girlparts posted:

"YOU CAN'T JUDGE EVERYTHING COMPARED TO PREDATOR"

He has a point.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Matt please film Predator Wedding for the channel thanks in advance.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Matt and Woolie are finally getting married?!

edit: To a VHS copy of Predator, I mean.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
Alien seems really cool, but would have made a bad shitstorm. We saw the Alien ONCE in the game, and the rest wasn't really scary. We played two hours worth, just wandering around.

Game still kicks rear end though!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
You should've had Liam and Woolie play it, and tell them they HAVE to kill the Alien.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
You're becoming hysterical!

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Depths posted:

You're becoming hysterical!

That is unwarranted.

nexas
Sep 4, 2009

nope

Matt, when are you going to put up the AMV's you made of MGS/Like a boss and Ponyo/I'm on a boat? I never liked that you had the cartoon stupidity stuff on the site but never the AMV's you did.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The monster design in Escape from Bug-Gorilla-Amazonian Lizard Women-Berserk Monster Island is seriously starting to gross me out.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

nexas posted:

Matt, when are you going to put up the AMV's you made of MGS/Like a boss and Ponyo/I'm on a boat? I never liked that you had the cartoon stupidity stuff on the site but never the AMV's you did.

Wait, Matt did that Ponyo video? Seriously? Because that's amazing.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

nexas posted:

Because those things got me youtube strikes and destroyed the first YT account I had single-handled built up back in 2007?

Kinda hate those things now.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

TheRealestMatt posted:

Because those things got me youtube strikes and destroyed the first YT account I had single-handled built up back in 2007?

Thats why you gotta bury them in the backyard next to Billy and all those pies Woolie stole. ALSO who did the really great opening thing on the Shitstorm this year?

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Commissar Ken posted:

Thats why you gotta bury them in the backyard next to Billy and all those pies Woolie stole. ALSO who did the really great opening thing on the Shitstorm this year?

To quote the description of every Call of Cthulu video, it was made by Sven Stoffels whose Youtube channel is here.

nexas
Sep 4, 2009

nope

TheRealestMatt posted:

That sucks to hear that man. It was around that time I started paying attention to your channel and thought those vids as well as the stupidity stuff were done really well.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Good old noted horror staples, Beelzebub and the CAVE OF TIME.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

poo poo, tomorrow's the last Bug Island video. I kinda want to see them actually finish it now.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Next podcast should be a doozy!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I just imagine Woolie sitting with a clipboard all neat and professional with "Podcast Topics" on top of it but just "BAYO BABY" scrawled under it.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I keep waiting for the reveal that Bug Island isn't a real game and all this footage is a complete fabrication.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Rodyle posted:

I keep waiting for the reveal that Bug Island isn't a real game and all this footage is a complete fabrication.

It's dadaist performance art.

meth addict
Sep 27, 2014

by Ion Helmet
Liam saying this episode that if he went into the future he wouldn't figure out sports results cuz he wants to earn money the right way and it isn't ethical to steal that money from other people, was funny. Liam is cute and he'd make a good husband/father.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
AHAHAH this weeks podcast has a good 10 minutes of Liam and Pat trying to tell me that the Eva characters are real people and well written.

Nah, Woolie's right. The interesting bit of Eva is the writer/creator's depression leaking through and because of that none of the characters really seem right or act right because they're not.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Cestus is a terrible idea, Woolie. I know it looks cool, but you know what else looks cool? Not dying all the time.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

AHAHAH this weeks podcast has a good 10 minutes of Liam and Pat trying to tell me that the Eva characters are real people and well written.

Nah, Woolie's right. The interesting bit of Eva is the writer/creator's depression leaking through and because of that none of the characters really seem right or act right because they're not.

Shinji's probably the most well-written and realistic character in the entire drat series, and that's also why most people hate his guts

He's got crippling depression, anxiety, abuse and trauma issues and the few times he actually gets proactive and does things with a positive goal in mind it results in Literally The Apocalypse and he just falls that much further into the depression hole

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

The cracks in the DS2 playthrough are starting to show. I really thought Woolie was going to snap and let Pat have it for a moment there.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

Shinji's probably the most well-written and realistic character in the entire drat series, and that's also why most people hate his guts

He's got crippling depression, anxiety, abuse and trauma issues and the few times he actually gets proactive and does things with a positive goal in mind it results in Literally The Apocalypse and he just falls that much further into the depression hole

Nah Shinji's fine because he's just a stand in for Anno's depression, it's the entire rest of the cast that are hilariously unrealistic and terrible.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Liam's ring tone made me absolutely lose my poo poo in the gym and it almost killed me. I love you Liam

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

I understand why the characters in Evangelion were written the way they were, but it doesn't make me want to watch that poo poo. gently caress all of Eva except for the second rebuild movie.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

No one is actually yelling you to watch it, but people seem to get angry not every show is Mazinger or Gurren Laggan where the universe bends to their wishes.

Also, Evangelion wasn't the first reluctant pilot. That was like Amuro from Gundam who had to get bitchslapped to be the only hope for his crew.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Evangelion is pretty good and better than 90% of Anime anyways.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

The persona music is a bit too much in this new video

cmykjester posted:

Evangelion is pretty good and better than 90% of Anime anyways.

It's hard to argue with a point like "it's better than most anime" when the bar is set somewhere 100 feet below the ground

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Oct 15, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Tae posted:

No one is actually yelling you to watch it, but people seem to get angry not every show is Mazinger or Gurren Laggan where the universe bends to their wishes.

Also, Evangelion wasn't the first reluctant pilot. That was like Amuro from Gundam who had to get bitchslapped to be the only hope for his crew.

It's more that it's both annoying and funny to hear people who like Eva a lot act like it was the first of it's kind in anything, when it's just another take an the genre.

It's also annoying Gainax is milking it for movies when Diebuster's just sitting there ready to go.

I want to Shout To The Top.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
The ending of the first travel video slayed me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's more that it's both annoying and funny to hear people who like Eva a lot act like it was the first of it's kind in anything, when it's just another take an the genre.

It's also annoying Gainax is milking it for movies when Diebuster's just sitting there ready to go.

I want to Shout To The Top.

Technically it's Studio Khara that started up the movies (Anno's personal studio) and is in collaboration with Gainax to do the movies. Gainax is basically Konami at this point of not really doing anything besides their MGS and maybe Fifa equivalent. Let the crazy guy use all the resources, they get their money regardless.