Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Who did the artist use as a reference for that painting of Namor? The face looks familiar but I can't put my finger on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Namor

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Ah, now I get it. So when Doom turned Namor away in the recent New Avengers, it wasn't because he was mad the Illuminati didn't come to him for help with the incursions, it was because he was a spurned lover.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TwoPair posted:

Ah, now I get it. So when Doom turned Namor away in the recent New Avengers, it wasn't because he was mad the Illuminati didn't come to him for help with the incursions, it was because he was a spurned lover.

You didn't get this from 5 decades of tsundere Doom vs the FF? "BLASTED RICHARDS, IT'S NOT LIKE DOOM... LIKES YOU OR ANYTHING!"

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Gaz-L posted:

You didn't get this from 5 decades of tsundere Doom vs the FF? "BLASTED RICHARDS, IT'S NOT LIKE DOOM... LIKES YOU OR ANYTHING!"

One of my favorite panels from the FF Annual #2:

Tee-hee, you caught me in the act Richards! Pink death laser for you!

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
You gotta feel for Reed Richards though. Both his wife AND arch-nemesis have a boner for Namor. The guy can't just catch a break. :(

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Yeah, but you can get to be infinitely smug because, despite that, your wife/arch-nemesis chose you as their husband/arch-enemy over Namor.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

jfc Doom. I kinda hope he has a room full of portraits of Namor. Like, hidden in his room full of hate portraits of Richards.
Doom is like Monet, but instead of hundreds of paintings of water lilies, its just paintings of him making Richards look like a fool.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Uncanny Avengers #11.
Evil Dead Sentry goatses his face.

(No ring).

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DarkCrawler posted:

Doctor Doom and his hopeless, CREEPY crush on Namor:

http://imgur.com/gallery/2BvHX

Haha, holy poo poo that last one.

"Bring me Namor."
"No."
"Bring me Namor or I'll loving kill you :stare:"

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Phylodox posted:

Yeah, but you can get to be infinitely smug because, despite that, your wife/arch-nemesis chose you as their husband/arch-enemy over Namor.

P.much. It really is a matter of perspective. I mean depending on how healthy you can keep your composure you can even spin it as "oh boy now I have constant motivation to be my best lest I get cucked (lolGBScucking)" The only problem is that when things go to poo poo and you lose your cool you have to trust that Sue and Doom will still be interested in seeing you through.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I am pretty sure everyone in the Marvel universe has a thing for Namor.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
More like Imperious Sex, amirite? (The joke about this in this month's Winter Soldier would've been great if I could tell what the hell Bucky and Namor were doing when he said it)

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

mr.capps posted:

I am pretty sure everyone in the Marvel universe has a thing for Namor.

Fixed.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

So very true.

Instead of Namor getting a "kills the marvel universe" series he should get a "seduces the marvel universe" series.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

mr.capps posted:

So very true.

Instead of Namor getting a "kills the marvel universe" series he should get a "seduces the marvel universe" series.

There's nothing directly contradicting the idea that Namor can save the multi-verse and stop incursions by making sweet love with the great destroyer.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'd be like that scene in Swamp Thing, but it wouldn't be hands meeting.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Mike Maihack (Cleopatra in Space) draws a Batgirl and Supergirl fan comic. His first one was:

And the most recent:

See them all on his dA:
http://mikemaihack.deviantart.com/gallery/37937335/Batgirl-Supergirl

Unrelated, JL8 updated.
http://limbero.org/jl8/185

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Uthor posted:

Unrelated, JL8 updated.
http://limbero.org/jl8/185

So where can I get a "#1 Bigfoot Hunter" T-Shirt?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Cadavers4Algernon posted:

I'm sure there is some tourist trap in Oregon or Washington where you can get one. :v:

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Cadavers4Algernon posted:

Your mom has to make one for you.

http://limbero.org/jl8/180

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

mr.capps posted:

So very true.

Why does it have to be either/or? Who says he can't do both?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Skwirl posted:

What's this from?

It's photoshopped. The original panel is from a relatively recent issue of X-Factor. Doom was painting Layla Miller.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

How do we know that issue of X-Factor with Layla Miller wasn't photoshopping over this original of Namor? :colbert:

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

GrandpaPants posted:

All Star Superman #1 is the one that sprang to mind immediately for me.

Senor Candle posted:

What even makes a cover iconic for you?

qntm posted:

Homages!

Yep.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Why would Doom paint Layla Miller?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Wait... we are talking about adult Layla Miller here, right?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Schneider Heim posted:

Why would Doom paint Layla Miller?

Maybe she called his artistic ability into question, Doom's not gonna stand for that.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Layla had a lesser version of the weird uncle relationship Valeria has with Doom. I doubt it was an erotic portrait.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

I doubt it was an erotic portrait.

Yes, we've already ascertained he wasn't painting Namor.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Well let's be honest is there such a thing as a non-erotic portrait of Namor? It's like trying to draw Sonic fanart that isn't extremely hosed up.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

mind the walrus posted:

Well let's be honest is there such a thing as a non-erotic portrait of Namor? It's like trying to draw Sonic fanart that isn't extremely hosed up.

You can tell him the most meaningful relationship he's ever had in his life was with his cousin, that he's a poo poo ruler that constantly gets his kingdom blown up or is disposed, that he is always running off to join random super-hero teams because he's desperate to prove that he isn't going to die alone and unloved, and that for all his posturing nobody actually runs off to be with Namor because he's an unlovable prick.

Then you paint that.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Boogaleeboo posted:

You can tell him the most meaningful relationship he's ever had in his life was with his cousin, that he's a poo poo ruler that constantly gets his kingdom blown up or is disposed, that he is always running off to join random super-hero teams because he's desperate to prove that he isn't going to die alone and unloved, and that for all his posturing nobody actually runs off to be with Namor because he's an unlovable prick.

Then you paint that.

Assuming you live.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Gaz-L posted:

:doom: Richards no Bakaaaaaaa!!

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Say Nothing posted:

Wait... we are talking about adult Layla Miller here, right?

Yes. When adult Layla came back from the future, she landed before kid Layla left, so she hung out with Doom until it was safe to come back to X-Factor.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

"WOMEN are for LESSER MEN; DOOM requires only NAMOR!" - :doom:

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Only Namor has the right mixture of vigor and durability to withstand Doom's insatiable lust!

(Why do I foresee some unholy combination of :doom: and :gay: coming out of this?)

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

qntm posted:

Homages!

Is the Superman cover a blatant rip-off or homage of Spider-Man? Superman was released a year later.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Fantastic Four #250

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Unknown source.
Er, the picture, I mean. Not the rude awakening.

• Locked thread