Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

HAmbONE posted:

So if I pre-ordered for Xbox360 through EB Games, do I need to tell Gearbox I have it coming to get key offers?

Shift key offers or preorder offers? If it's the former I got the e-mail before I preordered at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
Claptrap's skill trees all look so good.

I don't know what I'm going to do. :ohdear:

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Tippity-top-tier: Nisha, Claptrap

Looks-really-cool-tier: Athena

Not-that-interesting-wait-sprint-and-shoot-okay-I'm-sold-tier: Wilhelm

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars
Athena's Xiphos tree looks awesome as hell, it seems like she could be way better at being melee focused than Zero was. Nisha also looks really awesome.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Nisha looks like she's really good at killing individual targets, just blowing straight through the one thing unlucky enough to be in her sights.

I wonder if Claptrap's Vaulthunter.exe program actually DOES determine its effect from your environment and it's not totally random.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Speedball posted:

Nisha looks like she's really good at killing individual targets, just blowing straight through the one thing unlucky enough to be in her sights.

I wonder if Claptrap's Vaulthunter.exe program actually DOES determine its effect from your environment and it's not totally random.

The animation with those hex things made it look like it does, since they all seemed to be related to the current situation.

xPanda
Feb 6, 2003

Was that me or the door?
I'm looking through Athena's skill tree, and is the "Prismatic Aegis" a Geno reference? Seems there are some old school goons working on the game.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
In the last version did OS matter for playing with friends? Can OSX installs play with Windows installs and so on?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Less Fat Luke posted:

In the last version did OS matter for playing with friends? Can OSX installs play with Windows installs and so on?

It doesn't normally matter, but it may matter briefly when a patch is issued.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

wdarkk posted:

It doesn't normally matter, but it may matter briefly when a patch is issued.
Awesome.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Is there anyway to fake steam into thinking I live on the International dateline so I can play this in 30 minutes? I'm hyped.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Wilhelm's Termination Protocols looks like it'll be almost as fun as Krieg's Light the Fuses.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Is there anyway to fake steam into thinking I live on the International dateline so I can play this in 30 minutes? I'm hyped.

I don't know where VPNs stand on the :filez: front, but you already bought and own the game so I'm almost certain there's no issue with doing it. Just in case though I won't be specific about the where/how of it. Quit Steam, download a free VPN program and connect to a VPN in the country you want to pretend to be in, and then launch Steam and the game will unpack. The major caveat is that you won't be able to play multiplayer.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

CJacobs posted:

I don't know where VPNs stand on the :filez: front, but you already bought and own the game so I'm almost certain there's no issue with doing it. Just in case though I won't be specific about the where/how of it. Quit Steam, download a free VPN program and connect to a VPN in the country you want to pretend to be in, and then launch Steam and the game will unpack. The major caveat is that you won't be able to play multiplayer.

Hmm I'll take a look thanks man.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

The game doesn't come out until the 14th, you're jumping the gun by a day. But yeah you can just use a VPN to unlock it, Steam doesn't give a poo poo unless you do that to try and get cheaper games or w/e.

As an aside, what about a steam group? Are we going to use one of the older ones, or is someone going to make a new one?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Genocyber posted:

As an aside, what about a steam group? Are we going to use one of the older ones, or is someone going to make a new one?

We can repurpose one of the existing ones; it's probably easier than making an entirely new one.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
The original Bordergoons group has the most members I think. Not sure who admins it though. Might even be me. :v: (not on my pc right now)

If a new group name is needed I nominate 'MoonGoons'

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!
Admins for Bordergoons show as Ziggy Stardust, caedwalla, and Bubbles.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Alright, I couldn't help it - I just bought the pre-order for the Pre-Sequel on Steam. Never bought a non-discounted game that I can think of, but I reckon this one merits it.

Better not let me down, goddamnit...

Drashin
Feb 26, 2013
For those who ordered it off Nuuvem they have released the code (you have to go onto the site and into your games to get it). I don't know if it will activate the game tomorrow or Friday but just a heads up to those who want to pre-load

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Alright, I couldn't help it - I just bought the pre-order for the Pre-Sequel on Steam. Never bought a non-discounted game that I can think of, but I reckon this one merits it.

Better not let me down, goddamnit...

Is this a bad time to tell you that you should have gone back a few pages and ordered it for 20% off on greenmangaming?

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

A new group would be good if none of the original admins are still around since it looks like BorderGoons has closed membership. I definitely wanna be playing this with goons tonight.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Does the game activate at midnight the day releases or is it at a certain time?

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

watho posted:

Does the game activate at midnight the day releases or is it at a certain time?

According to Steam it unlocks in sixteen hours. Since Steam always rounds up it'll be Midnight EST. Worst case I'd guess One AM.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I kind of lost interest in Borderlands, but I decided to buy this just now because I'm a consumer whore. Is Nisa's active literally just an aimbot and I hold down left click...?

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Polygon posted:

But most importantly, it's more fun to move around, and it's more fun to fight enemies with that newfound mobility. Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel has better gunplay than any previous installment because there's more to do at any given time.

This is assisted by a less jagged gating of parts of the world than Borderlands 2 exhibited. There are fewer instances where I collided with enemies I couldn't kill while sticking to the critical path of the game. It's worth mentioning that some sidequests hid entire systems as rewards, such as an item grinder that lets you break down unwanted items for randomized new gear. This makes for a mostly easier game, but it also allows you to finish the main campaign and unlock harder, more loot-rewarding game options. It also means solo-ing the game the first time through is a reasonable option, underlined by boss fights that aren't extended damage sponges — at least in comparison to previous games.

This revitalized movement and gunplay keeps Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel interesting to play once the series' routine gear-grind has set in, and it makes moving through previously explored areas on the way to new missions much less of a chore. It's the kind of thing that seems like a complete no-brainer once you've used it, and the idea of playing another Borderlands without it is barely fathomable.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/13/6570035/borderlands-the-pre-sequel-review-360-ps3-PC

watho
Aug 2, 2013

ArchRanger posted:

According to Steam it unlocks in sixteen hours. Since Steam always rounds up it'll be Midnight EST. Worst case I'd guess One AM.

Oh, there was a timer on the store page. Well, thanks anyway!

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Bah, and here in the UK I'm stuck waiting until Thursday. In the meantime, here's the launch trailer!

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
Question for PS3 players: was/is there an in game voice chat feature in Borderlands 2? My prior BL experience has been on the 360 and I just need to figure out how to keep in voice contact with my partner for the Pre-Sequel. (And yes, I know voice chat in general on PS3 is iffy at best.)

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I thought they were trying to reduce skills geared towards specific weapon types in this game, why the hell is one of Claptrap's first skills "Use this gun type for a period of time or suffer -15% damage"? That's loving retarded

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

The whole of Claptrap's right-hand tree looks like they were going for a build that randomly forces you to alter your playstyle, which I guess is in keeping with the character / action skill.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Maybe it's just me, but Claptrap doesn't look fun at all. Really glad I decided to look at a talent calculator, I would've picked him but I don't like the feel of any of his trees.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Sab669 posted:

Maybe it's just me, but Claptrap doesn't look fun at all. Really glad I decided to look at a talent calculator, I would've picked him but I don't like the feel of any of his trees.

It's not just you, I think it looks horrible as well.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Well, the skill tree doesn't like neither of you very much either. :colbert:

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
So if you order through GreenManGaming how do you get the pre order DLC for the shock drop orbital pitt or whatever it's called? Redeemed the game on steam and it's preloading now for friday but I didn't get any code for the DLC.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Attestant posted:

Well, the skill tree doesn't like neither of you very much either. :colbert:

Hi five!

...awww...

watho
Aug 2, 2013

thebardyspoon posted:

So if you order through GreenManGaming how do you get the pre order DLC for the shock drop orbital pitt or whatever it's called? Redeemed the game on steam and it's preloading now for friday but I didn't get any code for the DLC.

Yep!

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
The Mac version of the Pre-Sequel doesn't show up in GMG searches anymore. However if you have a link to it, the 25% off will apply.

Link to Mac version: http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/shooter/borderlands-pre-sequel-mac/

And here's the 25% off code: P65PW6-F9B91D-TW2AG2 :toot:

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
For people who've bought the mac version, does it show up on steam as Borderlands - MAC?

I don't want to get patches late or something because of the mac version

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
If I order the Mac version, will they just give me a Steam key which I can then use on the Windows version, or is the version they hand out truly Mac only? I ask because I've seen it happen in the past where I've ordered a Steam key for a lower price for the Mac version, then gotten a key which I activated on Windows for the Windows version.

• Locked thread