Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Let's talk about the guy who thought a toe hold was when you try to fold your opponent's foot in half, because that was awesome.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3386441&pagenumber=86&perpage=40#post411912458

Starts about halfway down, enjoy

Edit: Opens to the right spot automatically actually

Dangersim fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Oct 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

This is gold. Does it ever come out what school civildisobedience is learning at?

Memento fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Oct 12, 2014

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Memento posted:

This is gold. Does it ever come out what school civildisobedience is learning at?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzh9koy7b1E

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

The thing with CivilDisobediance is that it seems he does actually train, and is capable of having informed discussion, but then occasionally would come out with the most retarded poo poo and then defend it to the death. Like it wouldn't be as funny if he just had no idea about grappling whatsoever.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Oh so he's training to be a cage fighter, got it.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

A Wry Smile posted:

So how about this? Where 10th planet and the Marcelotine collide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5ZQNgG2hNc

That guy hit that choke twice in eddie's invitational, it was pretty sick. I recommend watching that whole thing, 145/170 ones, they're both on youtube. The format is much better than Metamoris.

Gary Tonon is just nasty.

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001
this is pretty sweet

http://www.mmaleech.com/work-of-art-no-gi-baseball-bat-choke/

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Jerome Louis posted:

Yeah, very true. His situation is very tough and I'm glad he has a healthy outlet and it's nice to see the encouragement from other posters. I am a thug online (and apparently IRL) though and sometimes would like to see less mental health stuff and more martial arts stuff. And if that guy were my training partner I would be incredibly nice, considerate, humble and encouraging to him.

I would also lateral drop him onto concrete if we were competing though, and if I had to cross face him I'd try to give him a bloody nose while doing it, and various other dick moves.

I had a buddy that started training and I used every dick move in the book on him.

I explained that the only way you know you're accepted into the cool kid color belt club is when dudes start jamming elbows into your sternum and hog tying you with your own belt.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Xguard86 posted:

I had a buddy that started training and I used every dick move in the book on him.

I explained that the only way you know you're accepted into the cool kid color belt club is when dudes start jamming elbows into your sternum and hog tying you with your own belt.

My first or second day I had a brazilian guy that speak gently caress all for English try some kind of elbow in the sternum/throat thing and was working at it for about a minute when the instructor saw him from across the mat and yelled at him for about thirty seconds in Portuguese to quit that poo poo. I thought it was pretty funny because it sounded like Mr. Elbow Sternum Crusher was trying to tell his black belt friend that the move was somehow allowed.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Captain Log posted:

My first or second day I had a brazilian guy that speak gently caress all for English try some kind of elbow in the sternum/throat thing and was working at it for about a minute when the instructor saw him from across the mat and yelled at him for about thirty seconds in Portuguese to quit that poo poo. I thought it was pretty funny because it sounded like Mr. Elbow Sternum Crusher was trying to tell his black belt friend that the move was somehow allowed.

There's lots of poo poo that's technically allowed but is still dickish. A good way to think of it is "If I tried this on a black belt will it work or will it just piss him off and make things a lot worse for myself?"

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Dangersim posted:

There's lots of poo poo that's technically allowed but is still dickish. A good way to think of it is "If I tried this on a black belt will it work or will it just piss him off and make things a lot worse for myself?"

That's a good way to think about it. It was a lovely enough move that while it hurt like gently caress, it wasn't getting me to tap.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
I wish we could make a pinboard somewhere of where everyone trains. We need a buddy system. For the concrete.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

I'm at Gracie Barra under a guy named Rodrigo Mendes in South Florida, I know Fatherdog's at Ricardo Almeida's in Jersey, don't know about anybody else.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Gracie Barra here too but I'm not telling you which in case any thugs turn up.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
This one stripe blue belt means my body is a weapon, if you dare face me in the Senior 1 Pena category I will hip bump sweep you onto concrete if it means 2 points.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
Gracie Tampa under Rob Kahn here.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
I train at New York Combat Sambo in Manhattan.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Octagon in Dallas, TX with Octavio Couto

Jerome Louis
Nov 5, 2002
p
College Slice
trained at Soulcraft in Hamden, CT under Brad Wolfson for a bit, moving to Sacramento in a few weeks though and planning on checking out gyms

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Jerome Louis posted:

trained at Soulcraft in Hamden, CT under Brad Wolfson for a bit, moving to Sacramento in a few weeks though and planning on checking out gyms

Do you hate shirts? If so, there's a place for you.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Do you hate shirts? If so, there's a place for you.

Are you also less than 5'6" tall?

Jerome Louis
Nov 5, 2002
p
College Slice
I'm a 240 lb goon monstrosity with Mobn-esque calves and I swim w/ shirt on. I will be going nowhere near Ultimate Fitness

FreakyMetalKid
Nov 23, 2003

I train at Ruffhouse Jiu Jitsu in Mesa, AZ under Arthur Ruff.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Jerome Louis posted:

I'm a 240 lb goon monstrosity with Mobn-esque calves and I swim w/ shirt on. I will be going nowhere near Ultimate Fitness

TAM needs a supperweight.

Neeber
Nov 29, 2007
I train at a former TLI affiliate. I have never raped or assaulted anyone...

A Wry Smile
Jul 19, 2014

Well, at least now it's over.
I'm out until I can put together the funds to get my knee fixed but I got my highest rank from SD Judo, and I've spent the past few years with various BJJ and MMA gyms in the emerald triangle.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I use to coach in Philly but now I just train under Kurt Osiander in SF at Ralph's.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
I occasionally go to the UFC gym in Concord, CA, and I've seen every UFC and Pride event. So that basically means I am a UFC champion.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
I train under Luis Felipe Ninja Pinto outside of Kansas City in olathe. It's great fun and really weird to have such a seemingly cool club tucked just outside the middle of nowhere.

eshock
Sep 2, 2004

Until I moved last month, I trained at Blackline mma in Carlsbad, CA under Jeff Clark. Occasionally Jason Lambert fills in as an assisstant coach.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

I did that shuai jiao tournament today and someone here requested I post my matches, so uh, here ya go. I'm wearing the red belt in each match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oHHhuswQJc

There was a pretty big experience gap in my division so I was basically going light and making sure nobody hurt themselves trying to throw me, haha.

Mechafunkzilla fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Oct 13, 2014

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!

Fozzy The Bear posted:

I occasionally go to the UFC gym in Concord, CA, and I've seen every UFC and Pride event. So that basically means I am a UFC champion.

UFC Gym Torrance under Alexandre Novaes.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Mechafunkzilla posted:

I did that shuai jiao tournament today and someone here requested I post my matches, so uh, here ya go. I'm wearing the red belt in each match.

There was a pretty big experience gap in my division so I was basically going light and making sure nobody hurt themselves trying to throw me, haha.

There's a huge red table to your left that you could have thugged your opponent into so you really shouldn't consider yourself a competent grappler.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Was it first to a certain amount of points or whoever was ahead after a certain amount of time?

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

eshock posted:

Until I moved last month, I trained at Blackline mma in Carlsbad, CA under Jeff Clark. Occasionally Jason Lambert fills in as an assisstant coach.

Jason Lambert is actually a pretty cool guy.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Sprecherscrow posted:

Was it first to a certain amount of points or whoever was ahead after a certain amount of time?

Technical victory for an 11-point lead (all my matches ended by technical victory in the first round), otherwise it was whoever was leading after two 3-minute rounds, with a third round if it was tied after two.

Mechafunkzilla fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Oct 13, 2014

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

origami posted:

There's a huge red table to your left that you could have thugged your opponent into so you really shouldn't consider yourself a competent grappler.

Ha, this is like the flipside to that whole discussion. If you enter a competition and find that you're a lot more advanced than your opponents, don't just murder everyone.

Mechafunkzilla fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Oct 13, 2014

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
That looks like a hell of a lot of fun. I like the third fall in the second match; you looked like you were basically done with holding back and just started tossing the dude around. The guy in the third match seemed to have very little consideration for where his elbows where and let them hang out a lot.

And in the background of the second match on the left, you can see the reason that I quit stand-up martial arts about eight years ago. I don't like kata and they don't like me.

Oh and also, I train with a Will-Machado affiliate in Melbourne, Australia. John Will is a pretty grumpy dude most of the time but he makes sure we're doing it right.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Why do you start with your hands like you're a waiter holding an extremely expensive bottle of wine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Memento posted:

That looks like a hell of a lot of fun. I like the third fall in the second match; you looked like you were basically done with holding back and just started tossing the dude around. The guy in the third match seemed to have very little consideration for where his elbows where and let them hang out a lot.

And in the background of the second match on the left, you can see the reason that I quit stand-up martial arts about eight years ago. I don't like kata and they don't like me.

Oh and also, I train with a Will-Machado affiliate in Melbourne, Australia. John Will is a pretty grumpy dude most of the time but he makes sure we're doing it right.

Shuai jiao rules really are a lot of fun.

The guy in the second match is actually my teammate. He was being way too passive and not working his game, so it was really just a "wake up" kind of thing, letting him know that if he wasn't going make good use the space I was giving him then I wasn't going to give him space. He got the message and you can see that he got much more active with gripfighting and movement for the rest of the match, and he went on to win the rest of his matches and get silver! I was super proud :3:

Mechafunkzilla fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Oct 13, 2014