Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

e: nevermind, i'm a fat stupid ugly idiot who doesn't think to check for updates before making GBS threads in this thread

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Oct 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The only issue I seem to have with this new update is the make thread unread feature is gone and now I have a bunch of numbers next to threads I don't want to continue updating myself on.

I'm an idiot and didn't notice the control thingy scrolled. Sorry!

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

withak posted:

I think that Sex Robot owes Pokeyman et al. an apology.

I don't think an apology is needed but I am curious about what's going on. Especially when someone is interested enough to be checking logs for file access errors but is seemingly unaware of what's actually attempting the access.

Lazlo Nibble posted:

Feature request! I have a LOT of bookmarked threads right now, to the point where it'd be handy to be able to pin selected threads to the top of the bookmark list. Like, I'm working through a couple of really long-running ones in my commute, and they can be hard to find because they're low-traffic enough that there's no telling which page they'll end up on at any given time. Any chance of this making the cut?

I can't say what cut it'll make but I can add it to the list! I also want to reconsider how pages of threads are done, as I'm not sure I like how reloading page one of your bookmarks just throws out subsequent pages.

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal

pokeyman posted:

I don't think an apology is needed but I am curious about what's going on. Especially when someone is interested enough to be checking logs for file access errors but is seemingly unaware of what's actually attempting the access.

It could possibly be crashlytics. I was looking over the shoulder of our iOS guy earlier today and noticed the crashlytics dashboard had an area saying how many of the devices that had crashed were jailbroken.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

syndex posted:

It could possibly be crashlytics. I was looking over the shoulder of our iOS guy earlier today and noticed the crashlytics dashboard had an area saying how many of the devices that had crashed were jailbroken.

That's probably it, good call. I forgot all about Crashlytics adding that to the crash reports.

I guess it'll be solved once we move to TestFlight, whenever that comes out. Maybe alongside that event in a couple weeks.

Miranda
Dec 24, 2004

Not a cuttlefish.
I'm having trouble saving photos from the app. I can do it fine from chrome but not from the app. I use it to send silly photos to my husband, please help!

Edit: welp I updated the app like a smart person would have done and it seems to work now. Very spiffy looking update by the way!!

Miranda fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Oct 9, 2014

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

withak posted:

I think that Sex Robot owes Pokeyman et al. an apology.

In all fairness I wasn't really accusing them of anything. As a developer myself, it was more curiosity than anything else. I trust the devs for awful.

pokeyman posted:

I wasn't actively reading through log files, I use tsProtect which shows small pop ups when certain file system locations are referenced or access and allows or denies that access accordingly. And I kept getting pings for the affirmationed locations when using Awful (usually the only things that ping regularly are freemium games and googles ARG "ingress"). I guess this is a textbook case of correlation not equalling causation, but as I said I wasn't concerned enough to dig deeper, just curious. If I was truly ready to light the torches and start fling poo over something, I wouldn't have done it in the public thread.

Y'all's too srs

Sex Robot fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Oct 9, 2014

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Sex Robot posted:

In all fairness I wasn't really accusing them of anything. As a developer myself, it was more curiosity than anything else. I trust the devs for awful.

I wasn't actively reading through log files, I use tsProtect which shows small pop ups when certain file system locations are referenced or access and allows or denies that access accordingly. And I kept getting pings for the affirmationed locations when using Awful (usually the only things that ping regularly are freemium games and googles ARG "ingress"). I guess this is a textbook case of correlation not equalling causation, but as I said I wasn't concerned enough to dig deeper, just curious. If I was truly ready to light the torches and start fling poo over something, I wouldn't have done it in the public thread.

Y'all's too srs

Oh ok, didn't know about tsProtect. Carry on!

Caffeinated Sloth
Apr 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
One minor issue. When scrolling through a list of threads on the Forums or Bookmarks tab, the accessibility label for the particular thread doesn't seem to use punctuation to separate the thread title from the number of unread posts. A Sample Title with 10 unread posts is read as "Sample Title10 unread posts" which is confusing when the thread title ends with a number. Adding a comma after the thread title would help. Looks like it's in Source/Threads/AbstractThreadListViewController.m where NSMutableString *accessibilityLabel is created. Thanks.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Good catch, fixed!

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Hello!

- Platinum users with pill icons saw that's on the list, yay

- Long press on a link brings up a stupid airdrop menu (likely iOS native), unlike e.g. Chrome which gives me the full URL and handling options (copy, new tab, safari etc). Would love a long press in Awful to give me the full URL and options to copy/open in [installed browsers]. The current behavior makes it hard to check URLs before clicking and being Goatsed.

If the second thing isn't clear let me know and I can provide screenshots.

ChickenOfTomorrow fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Oct 9, 2014

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Brain Curry posted:

I lose the bottom bar when I go to landscape and then back to portrait mode. I'm using a 6+ with latest iOS. It turns solid black with no buttons.

This seems to be fixed in the latest beta.

Brain Curry posted:

I hold down on a picture to bring up the image viewer. I can use two fingers to zoom in and out, and if I leave one finger on the screen after the zoom, I can drag it around. Once I take that finger off the screen, it closes the picture when I try to drag it around.

Some more detail, it seems to be a downward swipe that closes the image. If I zoom in so the image is bigger than the screen, I can swipe up, left, and right, and if start with one of those I can drag down, but a downward swipe closes the image. Is this an intended gesture?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

- Long press on a link brings up a stupid airdrop menu (likely iOS native), unlike e.g. Chrome which gives me the full URL and handling options (copy, new tab, safari etc). Would love a long press in Awful to give me the full URL and options to copy/open in [installed browsers]. The current behavior makes it hard to check URLs before clicking and being Goatsed.

If the second thing isn't clear let me know and I can provide screenshots.

Seconding this. It's annoying and probably due to iOS8.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Nonsense posted:

The only issue I seem to have with this new update is the make thread unread feature is gone and now I have a bunch of numbers next to threads I don't want to continue updating myself on.

I'm an idiot and didn't notice the control thingy scrolled. Sorry!
This got me too. The old way of displaying those six options as two rows of 4 and 2 is MUCH better than the new way of forcing a scroll.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Brain Curry posted:

Some more detail, it seems to be a downward swipe that closes the image. If I zoom in so the image is bigger than the screen, I can swipe up, left, and right, and if start with one of those I can drag down, but a downward swipe closes the image. Is this an intended gesture?

The intent is to let you scroll around freely, but a sharp downward swipe closes the image. Said swipe is currently far too quick to trigger right now.

Kaethela posted:

Seconding this. It's annoying and probably due to iOS8.

Yeah it's not ideal. Previously we'd avoided that built-in iOS sheet so that we could show the full URL and such, but extensions in iOS 8 tipped the balance. (There's no way for an iOS 8 app to get at extensions except through that system share sheet.) I'm still not happy about the whole thing, and I haven't given up both showing the full URL and having extensions/airdrop/etc. all available.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

mikul posted:

Running 3.0 on the iPad Air, with iOS 8.02, and I can't get the sidebar to disappear, no matter what I do. Also, when scrolling through threads, they move side to side slightly if my finger moves slightly.

I'm having the same problem, but with an extra layer. Sometimes the < button that gets me back to the thread view isn't there at all. If I change from portrait to landscape or vice versa it'll come back. Same exact device, iPad Air on 8.02.

ickna
May 19, 2004

Could we get the clock bar back in landscape view? Usually when I'm browsing on my phone, I'm killing a few minutes before an event or meeting and I'm constantly glancing up to check the time while reading threads.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

I have no idea why but the awful app is growing in size for me as its documents and data is 517mb and rising.
I only have a 16gb ipad and between what the OS update swallowed up and this, it kinda blows.
I can't see any function to flush out some cache or anything so what's the deal?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

ickna posted:

Could we get the clock bar back in landscape view? Usually when I'm browsing on my phone, I'm killing a few minutes before an event or meeting and I'm constantly glancing up to check the time while reading threads.

I think it's now (as of iOS 8) System wide that the statusbar does not show in landscape. Could be wrong.

e: an informal survey seems to suggest that it's possible but not common (only Steam and some Google apps actually showed the status bar in landscape mode, while a few apps (like Wikipanion) appeared to make room for the status bar but it didn't appear.) So it might be doable.

carry on then fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Oct 11, 2014

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Sad lions posted:

I have no idea why but the awful app is growing in size for me as its documents and data is 517mb and rising.
I only have a 16gb ipad and between what the OS update swallowed up and this, it kinda blows.
I can't see any function to flush out some cache or anything so what's the deal?

It was mentioned before but apparently the app just saves everything it ever loads which is dumb as gently caress

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Did you try logging out and back in to clear your cache?

ickna
May 19, 2004

carry on then posted:

I think it's now (as of iOS 8) System wide that the statusbar does not show in landscape. Could be wrong.

e: an informal survey seems to suggest that it's possible but not common (only Steam and some Google apps actually showed the status bar in landscape mode, while a few apps (like Wikipanion) appeared to make room for the status bar but it didn't appear.) So it might be doable.

Oh well, carry on then

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

The Dave posted:

Did you try logging out and back in to clear your cache?

Thanks, that did the trick.
What the hell is the deal with this? I assume the last update brought this on as I never had any issue before.
I wouldn't have noticed but I was having free space just vanishing on me with no explanation.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

ickna posted:

As mentioned, iOS 8 changes the standard behaviour here to hide the status bar in landscape.

Sad lions posted:

What the hell is the deal with this? I assume the last update brought this on as I never had any issue before.
I wouldn't have noticed but I was having free space just vanishing on me with no explanation.

Nah it's been that way for ages (over a year at least). Basically it came about via my poor assumptions, and now it's a bit stuck due to my lovely implementation. It's on the todo list and moving up rapidly.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Is it possible to copy an images url in any way other than quoting the post, or is that something that iOS8 has screwed up?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Did the latest update like, revert the menu for forums/bookmarks/etc from the left swipe to being on the bottom again? I was just getting used to the swipe too :saddowns:

And are the thread batd larger? Like taller?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Who What Now posted:

Is it possible to copy an images url in any way other than quoting the post, or is that something that iOS8 has screwed up?

Hmm, maybe not. I'll see about adding that in.

drunken officeparty posted:

Did the latest update like, revert the menu for forums/bookmarks/etc from the left swipe to being on the bottom again? I was just getting used to the swipe too :saddowns:

And are the thread batd larger? Like taller?

I'm trying to guess what "batd" is and I'm coming up empty, so I'll share some possible relevant info.

The threads in the bookmarks list are taller in that they show the whole title now, not just two lines. I think they're the same height as before if they're at most two lines long. Though the font size is a bit bigger, so more threads' titles end up longer then two lines.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

pokeyman posted:

Yeah it's not ideal. Previously we'd avoided that built-in iOS sheet so that we could show the full URL and such, but extensions in iOS 8 tipped the balance. (There's no way for an iOS 8 app to get at extensions except through that system share sheet.) I'm still not happy about the whole thing, and I haven't given up both showing the full URL and having extensions/airdrop/etc. all available.

Maybe have a custom popup that has the url and a few options, then make one of those options the share sheet.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

pokeyman posted:

I'm trying to guess what "batd" is and I'm coming up empty, so I'll share some possible relevant info.

The threads in the bookmarks list are taller in that they show the whole title now, not just two lines. I think they're the same height as before if they're at most two lines long. Though the font size is a bit bigger, so more threads' titles end up longer then two lines.

Typo of "bars". Bigger fonts and the whole title explains it, although I don't like it :arghfist:

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
Yeah, the bars in the thread view are exactly the same size as before (when two lines). Unless there's like a 1 pixel difference.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

The Devil Tesla posted:

Maybe have a custom popup that has the url and a few options, then make one of those options the share sheet.

Please. I miss being able to see the url of a link I'm selecting.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
This caused a full crash of the springboard, running current beta on a 6+, but doesn't seem to be occurring on subsequent attempts. This is the source post, here's a screenshot.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem
That appears to be working as intended.

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I wish I had something clever to say.
Were you eating Jello when this happened?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Based on my experiences with acquisitions, it takes at least 6 months for changes to really start showing up. Maybe 9 months before us customers see any impact.

This early on all that's happening is shuffling managers and laying off redundant support staff (HR, billing, those types of jobs).

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

xzzy posted:

Based on my experiences with acquisitions, it takes at least 6 months for changes to really start showing up. Maybe 9 months before us customers see any impact.

This early on all that's happening is shuffling managers and laying off redundant support staff (HR, billing, those types of jobs).

Technically, Cosby Enterprises' acquisition of Awful hasn't closed yet.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Well poo poo I have no idea how that happened.

I won't edit it out because I'm stubborn. It's still true even if 100% off topic. :colbert:

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon
When I open an image, it aligns to the top of the screen, instead of in the middle like it used to. But when I pinch or pull to zoom, the image becomes vertically aligned in the middle of the screen.

Small issue. I just liked it when the image was always vertically aligned in the middle.

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx

Kaizoku posted:

This caused a full crash of the springboard, running current beta on a 6+, but doesn't seem to be occurring on subsequent attempts. This is the source post, here's a screenshot.

Cosbie!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I sure do tend to long tap on the "..." button for some reason. Is there a reason that selects the row?

• Locked thread