Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Dude comes in boasting about how he coated his gunpla in metal sheeting to ensure it's the most durable machine in the whole drat tourney.

5 seconds after the battle starts he realizes that the plavsky particles can't move his gunpla since it's covered in metal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Pureauthor posted:

Dude comes in boasting about how he coated his gunpla in metal sheeting to ensure it's the most durable machine in the whole drat tourney.

5 seconds after the battle starts he realizes that the plavsky particles can't move his gunpla since it's covered in metal.
Bonus points: He still manages to win because it's a melee and he's basically indestructible.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Pureauthor posted:

They actually did this in a joke manga where the 00 and AGE characters sneak onto the show and try to promote their own series' models.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Will I like Gundam Build Fighters if I don't know poo poo about Gundam?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Butt Ghost posted:

I don't know poo poo about gundam, yes

The most you miss are callbacks to other gundam shows but honestly I wouldn't have noticed them if other people didn't point them out.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Butt Ghost posted:

I have shown the first season to people that had never watched anything Gundam and they enjoyed it. You miss out on some references but that's about it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Butt Ghost posted:

You might? It's mostly a fairly by-the-book kid's action series with some good fights and fun characters. If you're okay with watch that you'll probably enjoy it but it doesn't really transcend the genre if that makes sense?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

ImpAtom posted:

You might? It's mostly a fairly by-the-book kid's action series with some good fights and fun characters. If you're okay with watch that you'll probably enjoy it but it doesn't really transcend the genre if that makes sense?

It's fine on it's own, but is also a big old nostalgia trip and celebration of the franchise, how's that?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Butt Ghost posted:

The only thing you'll really miss out on is spotting which of the background characters in any given scene are ones from other Gundam series added in. That and maybe identifying what robot is what in the background, so no, you're not missing anything of importance.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

As long as you like fun characters, robots punching themselves into pieces and good music you'll enjoy this show. There were a lot of my friends that didn't watch gundam regularly and only knew the faintest tropes the series had and still enjoyed it a ton.

Of course if they do another gundam valhalla episode you'll miss like 90% of the fun in it.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
The equivalent comparison is: It would be about as enjoyable as a trip to Disney World without having seen a Disney film. It's a celebration of the franchise, but as an amusement park in its own right it does very little wrong and even has original content that is cool and noteworthy.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Every non-lethal catapult launch is a triumph

:corrupt:
The club president should stick with the Powered GM Cardigan. I like the concept of a jacked up GM, reminds of the thunderbolt interpretation a little bit.

I rue the day when she has to swap to that "Winning Gundam" SD monstrosity.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Jegan Ace posted:

The club president should stick with the Powered GM Cardigan. I like the concept of a jacked up GM, reminds of the thunderbolt interpretation a little bit.

I rue the day when she has to swap to that "Winning Gundam" SD monstrosity.

Hey now, let's not say things we can't take back. The only bad things about SD Gundams are the SD Gundam Force series and Doozy Bots. Although the latter's only bad because they put the kid in a wheelchair in a Guntank.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I dunno, I think the GM-Cardigan's going to last the run with her swapping between them. It's too complex a kit to just dump after a few episodes. If she'd started with a less-complex custom job and then gone to the SD Winning Gundam as they put the team together, I'd believe it'd be dumped and done.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Nah Winning was in all the promo material. Cardigan is gonna get dropped for sure

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

It'll probably suffer the same fate as the RX-178B Build Gundam Mk-II, where it gets brought out like once or twice but ultimate accomplishes little.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Hey! Build MK2 managed to win the Japanese qualifier. It wasn't just for show!

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I hope there is some random opponent named Kamille who looks like man, but gets called out for having a girl's name.

I already had gotten my Ramba Ral wishes from the first season. So all is good with this show.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Scyron posted:

I hope there is some random opponent named Kamille who looks like man, but gets called out for having a girl's name.

No no, the exact opposite. A very girly girl named like, Jared or something. Who pilots a Byarlant in Zeta colors. :v:

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I hope Bellri or Aida get vaguely important roles. Like, it's literally them and they have no idea how they got there.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Level Slide posted:

I hope Bellri or Aida get vaguely important roles. Like, it's literally them and they have no idea how they got there.

I hope the Aida cameo cries :twisted:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm still waiting on Patrick Mannequin to actually appear.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

The issue I had with the Powered GM Cardigan is that the Powered GM is basically a test-bed, not meant for serious combat. All those externally mounted and thus very vulnerable boxes mounted on it contain control systems and poo poo, things that would be internally mounted and protected with armor on a production suit. The Powered GM was basically "hey let's find out how a suit with these abilities would handle, and do it by stapling poo poo to a GM because it's faster and cheaper than doing it right (especially since 'is it worth the expense of doing it right' is part of what we're trying to learn)."

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Every non-lethal catapult launch is a triumph

:corrupt:

MechaCrash posted:

The issue I had with the Powered GM Cardigan is that the Powered GM is basically a test-bed, not meant for serious combat. All those externally mounted and thus very vulnerable boxes mounted on it contain control systems and poo poo, things that would be internally mounted and protected with armor on a production suit. The Powered GM was basically "hey let's find out how a suit with these abilities would handle, and do it by stapling poo poo to a GM because it's faster and cheaper than doing it right (especially since 'is it worth the expense of doing it right' is part of what we're trying to learn)."

Fortunately, it is being deployed as a 1/144 toy in a magic hologram game.

Plus, I like the whole shoulder-mounted swivel case for the beam saber. That's neat.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

chumbler posted:

He showed up in season 1 as a one-off, I think in the episode where Reiji was angsting over Yuuki disappearing to become Meijin and ducking out on their fight. He was using a GN-X III and got chumped by a little kid.

KoB
May 1, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Sekai's master being Domonby would be the most amazing thing and I hope it happens.

I mean, Sekai starts off the show with the Domon "have you seen the person in this picture."

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

chumbler posted:

Please, I waiting on both Grey Stoke and the Gump to appear.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
That's really well done but I still didn't like that part

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
You may need to see a doctor, I think your sense of joy has been crippled.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
If it's because that meant the end of Dom Fu, I agree wholeheartedly. More eyes = more bad.

...except when it doesn't.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

I just want to know where people keep getting those fancy big flame effect pieces from.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

BlitzBlast posted:

I have been embittered by a short list of anime-related offenses.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I just want to know where people keep getting those fancy big flame effect pieces from.

it's from an sh figuarts accessory kit, as well as some coming with the build burning kit

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Every time I see that scene, I get "You Get To Burning" stuck in my head.

I didn't even really like Martian Successor Nadesico.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Think there's another Dom inside the Burning?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Level Slide posted:

Nah, just the SD Build Burning. Then the Standart, then the Assault Kingdom.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Level Slide posted:

Matryoshka Neo Zeong.

Poison Mushroom posted:

gently caress you too, now that drat song is stuck back in my head :bang:

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Poison Mushroom posted:

reckless fiyah

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You're looking for the Burning Flames Tamashii effect part. HLJ occasionally has it listed.

I say occasionally because I swear to god they've put it up and taken it down repeatedly. I can never seem to find it when I actually want to pad my order. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

You're looking for the Burning Flames Tamashii effect part. HLJ occasionally has it listed.

I say occasionally because I swear to god they've put it up and taken it down repeatedly. I can never seem to find it when I actually want to pad my order. :smith:

Amazon has them for $20 apiece.

• Locked thread