Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

It just says no one likes you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Armin Jimmy-Jab.

Can't stop quotin'.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Brock Samson posted:

Laughed way too hard at that.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Leaning back like a matinee goer?

Hands folded in your lap like a PERVERT!?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

YES! She's back!

EDIT: Well this is already amazing.

X-O fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Oct 13, 2014

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

You've aged :geno:

We need a black :geno: specifically for this show.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Every single line out of Andre Braugher's mouth is loving gold.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
It's me, I'm the nerd who laughed at the League of Nations jokes

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Deadpool posted:

I normally hate the deadpan dude but yea Andre Braugher is a goddamn perfect use of it. You get juuuust enough of him so he stays a human and not a lovely robot.

Seph
Jul 12, 2004

Please look at this photo every time you support or defend war crimes. Thank you.
This was an amazing episode, but I hope they move beyond the will-they-won't-they thing between Jake and Amy pretty soon. If this drags on much longer I could see it getting boring. It doesn't really add anything - all the witty banter between Amy and Jake could be done without romantic motivation.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Deadpool posted:

I know you were lying about that Lunch-Wunch thing. That was mine.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Deadpool posted:

The "basketball" back and forth between them was the best. Especially Terry having to step in to tell them "Neither of you to know enough about the game to be making these comments".

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Darksaber posted:

It's me, I'm the nerd who laughed at the League of Nations jokes

That whole thing was amazing.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Not a huge League of Nations nerd but I did laugh at the audacity of having a fun jab at the ineffectiveness of a lovely proto-UN organization.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I also know you were lying about the Wunch Lunch thing, that was all mine.(the saddest :geno:)

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Seph posted:

This was an amazing episode, but I hope they move beyond the will-they-won't-they thing between Jake and Amy pretty soon. If this drags on much longer I could see it getting boring. It doesn't really add anything - all the witty banter between Amy and Jake could be done without romantic motivation.

Truth is they're probably never going to drop the will-they-or-won't-they angle with those two. It's a classic sitcom hook, and Brooklyn 99 is still a sitcom. They get points for (so far) having Boyle grow past his infatuation with Diaz, that's more than you could normally expect, but I'd be really surprised if they do the same thing over with Jake and Amy.

I have to agree though that this episode had a bit of a problem where it couldn't draw the line between what's normal banter and what's flirting. Jake and Amy have good chemistry and play jokes off each other well, and Rosa insisting he act awkward and kill every joke dead to prove he's not into her sends a weird message. Hell even letting Amy win doesn't have to be a romance thing, lots of people will throw a game so a friend can win when they really want it.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
So who's working on .gifs of Amy's victory dances? It seemed like her official one was a variation on the second.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Wasn't made by me

I love this show.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
I love Boyle and Gina's relationship. Gina isn't usually one of my favorite characters but her interactions with Boyle are pure gold.

Also those Santiago dances had me in stitches. I love that actress, she's amazing at physical comedy and is stupidly adorable to boot. That whole back and forth about Amy jr. was killing me.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Toxxupation posted:

Just fyi rarity b99 isn't the funniest show on television

just wanted to let you know

Brock Samson posted:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I normally hate the deadpan dude but yea Andre Braugher is a goddamn perfect use of it. You get juuuust enough of him so he stays a human and not a lovely robot.

I guess he got that exuberance upgrade.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Dolash posted:

I have to agree though that this episode had a bit of a problem where it couldn't draw the line between what's normal banter and what's flirting. Jake and Amy have good chemistry and play jokes off each other well, and Rosa insisting he act awkward and kill every joke dead to prove he's not into her sends a weird message. Hell even letting Amy win doesn't have to be a romance thing, lots of people will throw a game so a friend can win when they really want it.

This can be kind of justified as being part of Jake's character considering his horrible track record with women, but even that seems like a flimsy defense of the writing

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

That mustache was era appropriate.

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
"I can tell. You have more of a fly-catching gape than usual."

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I've said it before but Braugher's timing is some next level poo poo.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Brooklyn Nine-Nine is doing well in it's new slot, viewership jumped up 30% over last week and pulled in a 2.1 or 4.52 million viewers, beating out Family Guy and Mulaney in Fox's Sunday Block.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/10/13/tv-ratings-sunday-once-upon-a-time-resurrection-revenge-fall-the-simpsons-rises/313351/

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

FCKGW posted:

Brooklyn Nine-Nine is doing well in it's new slot, viewership jumped up 30% over last week and pulled in a 2.1 or 4.52 million viewers, beating out Family Guy and Mulaney in Fox's Sunday Block.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/10/13/tv-ratings-sunday-once-upon-a-time-resurrection-revenge-fall-the-simpsons-rises/313351/

Great news. This show deserves success.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Sometimes it's really hard to believe that Rosa Diaz is played by this person

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPasbywyvWM

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
That's pretty drat twee for someone who doesn't look the part. Her actual voice isn't that high or that low like in B99 though.

Surprisingly she does like to show a lot of leg :swoon:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

FCKGW posted:

I look forward to many more Jimmy Jabs

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

What's amazing is family guy was originally cancelled for having only 4.5 million viewers. Futurama wasn't renewed because it was only at 6 million.

Amazing how the networks have had to adapt to lower viewership, but i guess 4.5 mil with 10% of viewers buying episodes off itunes or season DVDs probably brings in more overall revenue.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

inthesto posted:

Sometimes it's really hard to believe that Rosa Diaz is played by this person

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPasbywyvWM

She's really good at, um...what do you call it when you pretend to be someone totally different than you are?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Error 404 posted:

She's really good at, um...what do you call it when you pretend to be someone totally different than you are?

Lying.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

That mustache was era appropriate.

This got the biggest laugh for me.

The addition of Kyra Sedgewick to the cast has been awesome, but this show came back firing on all cylinders and hasn't slowed down. Amazing second season.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

stephbeatz posted:

IT WAS SO HOT IN THOSE SUITS YALL

Jimmy Jabs was a wonderful thing.

e: oh god I was phonepostin' this is massive

Rude Dude With Tude fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Oct 14, 2014

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Good lord that is cute.

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
Way better than duckface.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

Jimmy Jabs was a wonderful thing.

Yes, and if it doesn't become the subject of your next avatar I will cry at the missed opportunity.

Hoopy Frood
May 1, 2008

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I love that actress, she's amazing at physical comedy and is stupidly adorable to boot. That whole back and forth about Amy jr. was killing me.

I agree, her super earnest photo on the Jimmy Jab scoreboard was cute as hell as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radlum
May 13, 2013
The one thing I need every day are more pictures of Diaz using those huge glasses

• Locked thread