Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

neetengie posted:

Use a miser Elixer of Immortality to rebuy those spells man.

Also I hope that Abzan wins, gently caress yeah.
e: lol at all the autists bitching about the riffle shuffling that Ari's doing.

People are just salty that Jeskai Ascendancy didn't win.

Also, when are they going to actually announce the Supplemental product for this season?

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Oct 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Angry Grimace posted:

People are just salty that Jeskai Ascendancy didn't win.

Also, when are they going to actually announce the Supplemental product for this season?

Commander 2014? Spoilers start in november afaik.

EDIT: Streaming some KTK draft tonight, maybe 2 if the first goes well.

http://twitch.tv/pyronicex

Pyronic fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Oct 13, 2014

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

meanolmrbutt posted:

Semi related PT talk, this set is crazy for value. Online at least. I've been playing for free all weekend, just opening Fetches, Digs and the occasional Planeswalker. It's a pretty amazing feeling knowing you've got your money back before the rounds even start, even better winning some packs from it and doing it all over again.

ugh gently caress youuuuuuu

2 Prereleases: 10 packs
9 Prize packs from 1 prerelease: 19 packs
4 drafts: 31 packs
5 prize packs from draft: 36 packs
24 packs for judging a Prerelease: 60 packs.

Total pulls: 4 fetches, 0 planeswalkers. Plenty of Ugin's Nexus, See the Unwritten, and Surrak Dragonclaw!

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Boco_T posted:

In Non-Pro-Tour news, Tom Ross has been tweeting throughout the day from SCG States and it just culminated in "I'm Louisiana state champion!" His deck was "basically RabbleRed with Hordeling Outburst over Goblin Rabblemaster" which sounds super sweet to me considering my T4 in TCG States with Sligh.

Probably means Rocket's will be throwin' a party this week to celebrate. :slick:

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

suicidesteve posted:

He didn't know about the 2 Charms when he was tanking, so he didn't realize he was dead. Then he said he thought the Mana Confluence needed to be tapped to cast the Charm.

Even if Mana Cunfluence was Ari's only white source, he could have used it after he gained life from the Wingmate Roc's attack ability, but before blockers.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
I'm really not sure that it was correct for Tien to use his transformational sideboard in the tempo matchup. It just turns him into a clunky midrange deck and jeskai tempo can outrace that pretty easily. if it was an abzan matchup it seems alot better though.

that said I was pretty impressed with the idea of a transformational board. gonna go hog wild and see if I can jam some Sagu Maulers in mine.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Pyronic posted:

Commander 2014? Spoilers start in november afaik.

EDIT: Streaming some KTK draft tonight, maybe 2 if the first goes well.

http://twitch.tv/pyronicex

No, Commander is a annual product. There's been a Spring product that comes out before the Core Set, e.g. Modern Masters or Conspiracy.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
Well my first KTK draft ended with a mediocre WB warriors deck splashing for a butcher of the horde.

I went 1-2 and lost my 2nd match to timing out with my opponent at 7 seconds left after losing time thanks to MTGO crashing.

Filed for reimbursement. Guess I shouldn't be terribly surprised.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
A bit of signal boosting, Past Past League is still going on, with the current format being Magic 2015, Shards of Alara block, Odyssey block, and Magic 2013. You've got until Friday if you want to join up, and quite a few deck ideas have been posted if you don't want to start from scratch.

Also, it's sort of become the general casual Magic meet up thread - Ramos is organizing a Powered Cube Draft for this Saturday if you're interested.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Wingmate Roc is up to like 16 bucks which is where it should've been all along.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

mcmagic posted:

Wingmate Roc is up to like 16 bucks which is where it should've been all along.

Weren't they on preorder for like 5 bucks?

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend

Count Bleck posted:

Yeah, buddy picked up 4 right away. I had to buy 2 yesterday for $14. :(

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Count Bleck posted:

Yup. 5 or 6.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I thought they were gonna only be 10 cuz of the amount opened for fetch lands. That's probably what they'd settle at but I got mine at 5 cuz I was fearing the durdle junk matches where that's the only thing that can break through.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

This doesn't really bother me much because I had already told myself I wouldn't play White for Elspeth's duration in standard.

It's not like I wanted to play white anyway!

Do you Mardu? I doooo :qq:

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Siege rhino up to $10 TCG mid. I got my play set for $25 on Friday night. I need plenty more rares for an abzan deck, but I think I'm done with stuff that's a 4-of.

Seriously, I'm not sure anything in this set has gone down in value since release. It's insane. The idea of knuckle blade and butcher being $1 rares is nutty, but I don't know where else the value is supposed to get pulled from. It also makes me a little sad, I was targeting Knuckleblade in trades. :/

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
What's the EV of a Khans pack right now, anyways? Still negative, but it's got to be a crazily close margin.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

Boxman posted:

Siege rhino up to $10 TCG mid. I got my play set for $25 on Friday night. I need plenty more rares for an abzan deck, but I think I'm done with stuff that's a 4-of.

Seriously, I'm not sure anything in this set has gone down in value since release. It's insane. The idea of knuckle blade and butcher being $1 rares is nutty, but I don't know where else the value is supposed to get pulled from. It also makes me a little sad, I was targeting Knuckleblade in trades. :/
I think a Temur Monsters deck is still feasible with Knuckleblade and Temur Fires, but either it didn't do well in testing at the PT or they didn't want to play it.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Boxman posted:

Siege rhino up to $10 TCG mid. I got my play set for $25 on Friday night.

God DAMMIT I just traded for Anafenza because the dude really wanted another Siege Rhino.

I'm a fish.

neetengie posted:

I think a Temur Monsters deck is still feasible with Knuckleblade and Temur Fires, but either it didn't do well in testing at the PT or they didn't want to play it.

I'm currently working on a "Frontier Walkers" deck which is essentially some mana dorks, Knuckleblades, Polukranos, Stormbreaths, Keranos, Surruk a couple counterspells and Temur Charms, and pairs of Kiora, Xenagos, Sarkhan, and Chandra.

They can't kill ALL my threats, can they? :getin:

Count Bleck fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Oct 13, 2014

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

The Lord of Hats posted:

What's the EV of a Khans pack right now, anyways? Still negative, but it's got to be a crazily close margin.

$2.64/pack

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend

Count Bleck posted:

God DAMMIT I just traded for Anafenza because the dude really wanted another Siege Rhino.

I'm a fish.

I still think Anafenza has a place, but yea that sucks. :(

Soothing Cacophony
Sep 29, 2009

neetengie posted:

My partner's playing Temur, and says it's got an unfavorable matchup vs. Abzan midrange. Which was like, half the PT, by the looks of the top decks. Still a good deck, though.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

En Fuego posted:

I still think Anafenza has a place, but yea that sucks. :(

Still sucks that 1) Anafenza is a Soldier, and 2) All the Tribal in Abzan is Warriors.

Who thought that was a good idea? :argh:

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Count Bleck posted:

Still sucks that 1) Anafenza is a Soldier, and 2) All the Tribal in Abzan is Warriors.

Conscious balance decision.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

mango sentinel posted:

Conscious balance decision.

Much like Siege Rhino, right? :colbert:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Count Bleck posted:

I have a BW Warriors deck splashing G for various Abzan things and I got passed an Anafenza in my last Draft. I wanted to slot her right in the deck, but I can't bring myself to break all the Tribal synergy I've got in there, but her abilities are so nice, but... Curses.

I'm thinking that I might get some Fleecemane Lions and build a different Abzan deck around them and her if I can get a second copy.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
How is Wingmate Roc sitting higher than Siege Rhino?

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Entropic posted:

Presumably because it's a higher rarity and at least theoretically can go in more decks.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Entropic posted:

Because Wingmate is a Mythic?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Oh right. I always forget it's mythic. :geno:

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Boxman posted:

Seriously, I'm not sure anything in this set has gone down in value since release. It's insane.
This right here. I keep hoping that anything I want will drop even a little because I'm not loving made of money, but drat! I feel like I ought to just buy a loving playset of everything now and then sell it in 6 months when people are paying $30 for siege rhino and $75 for sorin.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Sorin is up to $39 tcg mid :shepspends: I wonder how long this value bubble can last.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Yawgmoth posted:

This right here. I keep hoping that anything I want will drop even a little because I'm not loving made of money, but drat! I feel like I ought to just buy a loving playset of everything now and then sell it in 6 months when people are paying $30 for siege rhino and $75 for sorin.

There are no 30 dollar non-mythic rares and no 75 dollar cards in Standard.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I want to read the cardboard Baron stories of people who kept buying into this roaring 20s scenario and lost it all when it crashes. Of course you'll never see people admit it even in anonymous boards, much less the barony of r/mtgfinance, but one can dream.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
I just might shy away from STandard then and play limited/modern if these prices sustain (likely they won't)

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

mcmagic posted:

Oh come on Jace TMS, snapcasters, Thragtusk, and Lilliana weren't that long ago.

Sotar posted:

I just might shy away from STandard then and play limited/modern if these prices sustain (likely they won't)
Look forward to Dec/Jan when people will be complaining about yet another fetch land instead of a creature staple, a mythic, or how it'll take them 2-3 fetch lands to trade for a rabble master.

Chill la Chill fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Oct 13, 2014

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Chill la Chill posted:

Oh come on Jace TMS, snapcasters, Thragtusk, and Lilliana weren't that long ago.

Jace wasn't 75 bucks when it was in standard. Same with Liliana and Thragtusk/Snapcaster might have shortly hit 30 but it was much closer to 15-18 when they were standard legal.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

mcmagic posted:

Yet.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

You are right about Lilliana (just remembered I did trade Thragtusks for her during standard), but I distinctly remember Jace hitting that high before the ban. I traded stone forges for FOWS during a DC SCG tournament back then too.

(Oh but of course SCG prices don't count :rolleyes: )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

mcmagic posted:

Jace wasn't 75 bucks when it was in standard. Same with Liliana and Thragtusk/Snapcaster might have shortly hit 30 but it was much closer to 15-18 when they were standard legal.

Jace was 75 bucks even when Jund was the best deck in the format, and $100 at the height of Caw-Go.

Reprint Jace

• Locked thread