Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I watched my cousin play the demo of Bayo 2 in front of my Grandma.

I guarantee you're the only one that cares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah, its sexualized to the point of self parody and camp as hell, its hilarious. Enjoy it.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
Well I don't like to have fun because what will others think about my fun having. gently caress fun

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Are there any current or forseeable games that will come out in Europe but not North America, or vice versa?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Heran Bago posted:

Are there any current or forseeable games that will come out in Europe but not North America, or vice versa?

The only real big upset from Nintendo is Australia getting the New 3DS in November. Everything else is mostly worldwide, save for the US getting Captain Toad's Treasure Trackers a few weeks early for Black Friday.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

Katana Gomai posted:

Bayonetta 2 is A Good Game but holy gently caress dude, sex in video games is literally never more than eye candy and it's perfectly fine to criticize that.

You're right, nothing in a video game could ever be taken more than at literal face value, what was I thinking?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Louisgod posted:

oh my god just buy the game if you think you'll have fun with it, just play it in a dark room away from others if you feel you'll be embarrassed by it.

e: I will be playing it in a dark room by myself.

e2: with my pants on

Same except with my pants off

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Buy Bayonetta or go to hell

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I will proudly buy one of the two thousand copies of Bayonetta 2 that will ever be sold.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Gonna play Bayo2 in the student lounge the next time another high or middle school takes a field trip over.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Heran Bago posted:

Europe doesn't get Smash until December. America gets it in November. :patriot:

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
So does Nintendo own the Bayonetta IP? I'm curious about the details of the publishing deal.

(and why Bayonetta wasn't in Smash Bros.)

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Level Slide posted:

Gonna play Bayo2 in the student lounge the next time another high or middle school takes a field trip over.

Let us know what your peers think of it

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

The Machine posted:

So does Nintendo own the Bayonetta IP? I'm curious about the details of the publishing deal.

(and why Bayonetta wasn't in Smash Bros.)
I think the way it works - at least how I understand it - is they completely own the copyright to the new game (so there's no chance of it ever coming to another, non-Nintendo console), but the rights to the IP are still being held by Sega.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Phantasium posted:

I watched my cousin play the demo of Bayo 2 in front of my Grandma.

I guarantee you're the only one that cares.

Probably, but it will still take me out of the game anyway. I'm not saying it looks like a bad game or anything.

Sex and sexiness in games is just generally handled very poorly, which I think is why it tends to bother me.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Pixeltendo posted:

The DKC games are coming back baby :toot:

Europe only atm but NOA will probably get them soon.

Holy poo poo yes can't wait for the NOA dates. I've never gotten to play the original DKC games this is gonna rule

EDIT: Please don't wind up like the Pokemon TCG VC release and never come to NOA

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

RyokoTK posted:

I mean, I'm not going to buy Bayo 2 because of the oversexualization. It just makes me feel awkward. Maybe it's because I live in a house with non-gamers. Even the anime boobs in Hyrule Warriors kinda wigged me out a bit.

I'm kind of in the camp but more because I don't give a gently caress about Bayonetta.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
New Club Nintendo games are up for NA.

Wii U
- Wrecking Crew (200)
- Kirby's Dream Course (200)

Wii
- Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics 2 (200)
- Maboshi's Arcade (250)

3DS
- Kersploosh (150)
- Brain Age Express: Math (200)
- 3D Classics: Kid Icarus (200)
- Donkey Kong (150)

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
*ffffffffffaaaaaaaartttt*

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
Is there a google doc somewhere of repeat Nintendo Club offers?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Cool yes let me get hit 1981 game Donkey Kong again

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000
Meanwhile over here in Europe, I just ordered a plush toy Yoshi with all of my collected Nintendo points :smug:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Dream Course is an OK game.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
Oh snap, Maboshi's Arcade and Kersploosh? Guess I'm actually spending coins for once!

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Louisgod posted:

How many coins does the fart cost because that's the best reward this month.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Pomp posted:

Buy Bayonetta or go to hell

Basically this.

Man I can't wait :ssj:

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Ultigonio posted:

Oh snap, Maboshi's Arcade and Kersploosh? Guess I'm actually spending coins for once!

What are either of these?

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Louisgod posted:

Seriously. I saw Kirby's dream course on there and thought "Oh cool, a Kirby game I haven't played", only to find out it's a golfing game.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Hey, Kirby Golf owns, alright?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Kirby's Dream Course is actually pretty good

Electromax
May 6, 2007
It's a golfing game, but not a golf game.

It's kind of like golf and bowling and bocce had a kid, and then they made Kirby the ball.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Macaluso posted:

Europe doesn't get Smash until December. America gets it in November. :patriot:

And also Captain Toad comes out in December in the US while Europe has to wait until January. :saddowns:

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

Electromax posted:

It's a golfing game, but not a golf game.

It's kind of like golf and bowling and bocce had a kid, and then they made Kirby the ball.

That is the perfect description of the game. It's a little weird, but I' digging it so far.

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.
I was a big fan of KirbysDreamCourse.smc. That will be the first Club Nintendo game I pick up. Get it if you want a goofy golfingish game.

But yeah, altogether, not a great update. Is the Donkey Kong on 3DS the 1994 version for Game Boy?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

zfleeman posted:

I was a big fan of KirbysDreamCourse.smc. That will be the first Club Nintendo game I pick up. Get it if you want a goofy golfingish game.

But yeah, altogether, not a great update. Is the Donkey Kong on 3DS the 1994 version for Game Boy?

Nope. NES waste of money.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
I just took a look at some videos of Kirby's Dream Course, and it's definitely not my kind of game.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Maboshi Arcade owns. It's a collection of three endless mini games that three people can play at the same time. Stud happening in your game window can carry over into your friends window.

It also lets you send a handheld version to DS with Download Play.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

RyokoTK posted:

I mean, I'm not going to buy Bayo 2 because of the oversexualization. It just makes me feel awkward. Maybe it's because I live in a house with non-gamers. Even the anime boobs in Hyrule Warriors kinda wigged me out a bit.

I wanted to buy a 3DS when the new one comes but after having a browse of the game catalogue at least half of them are weird cutesy anime themed ones. Sorry Nintendo, I can't be a cool adult who plays freeking anime games. I can't sit on a train or jetset around europe and occasionally break out some anime. It's not something that works culturally for people who are mindful of their surroundings and the fact they are an adult.

Hello sir can I use this seat? Oh, oh my, n-never mind I'll sit somewhere else.

You can make fun of me for caring what other people think, but you're the one playing anime games in public. The same for Bayonetta, if someone walks in the room and you're playing that poo poo don't expect to be invited to the poker game that weekend that Vanessa is going to.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

I'm starting to think i want a Wii U.

Pre-owned games are cheap as dirt over here at the moment and it does have the best next-gen exclusives but the future of the console is murky as gently caress.

Recent releases like Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta 2 don't really interest me because hack and slash bores the gently caress out of me after 5 minutes.

I'm conflicted as gently caress about this console.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

spudsbuckley posted:

I'm starting to think i want a Wii U.

Pre-owned games are cheap as dirt over here at the moment and it does have the best next-gen exclusives but the future of the console is murky as gently caress.

Recent releases like Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta 2 don't really interest me because hack and slash bores the gently caress out of me after 5 minutes.

I'm conflicted as gently caress about this console.

WiiU is better than the PS4 and Xbone get it you fool

• Locked thread