Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

thebardyspoon posted:

So if you order through GreenManGaming how do you get the pre order DLC for the shock drop orbital pitt or whatever it's called? Redeemed the game on steam and it's preloading now for friday but I didn't get any code for the DLC.

It'll be automatic. I got BL2 from them without issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm hopeful about the improved movement, since that was my biggest issue with BL2. Definitely picking up the GOTY of this in a few years when it's $15.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Mokinokaro posted:

It'll be automatic. I got BL2 from them without issue.

Cool, thanks. I assumed that's what the "yes" answer on the last page meant as well even though it wasn't really a yes or no kind of question.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador
I said gently caress it and dropped the $48 on this. Is there a Steam group for this? Whether or not there is, anyone want to start a co-op group as soon as this unlocks?

Right now I'm thinking I'll play either Claptrap or Athena. Anyone know if the first person camera for claptrap is significantly lower than for the other characters? I expect that could get irritating.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
I think they confirmed it's lower.

However, claptrap doesn't suffer the oxygen debuff from losing his O2 shield that the other characters do.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
The camera height has always reflected character height, ever since the first game. Look at the difference between Brick and Lilith for instance. Salvador is also a shortarse.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!

CJacobs posted:

If I order the Mac version, will they just give me a Steam key which I can then use on the Windows version, or is the version they hand out truly Mac only? I ask because I've seen it happen in the past where I've ordered a Steam key for a lower price for the Mac version, then gotten a key which I activated on Windows for the Windows version.

Game is setup for Steamplay, so version is irrelevant. It'll install whatever version you run it on.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years

CJacobs posted:

If I order the Mac version, will they just give me a Steam key which I can then use on the Windows version, or is the version they hand out truly Mac only? I ask because I've seen it happen in the past where I've ordered a Steam key for a lower price for the Mac version, then gotten a key which I activated on Windows for the Windows version.

I just bought the MAC version from the link above and when I activated it on steam it didn't say it was mac only and pre-loaded fine on my pc.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Alright, sweet, thanks guys. 60 bucks is definitely too steep for someone with my quality of paycheck, but 45 via the code is less so.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

AirRaid posted:

The original Bordergoons group has the most members I think. Not sure who admins it though. Might even be me. :v: (not on my pc right now)

You're a mod on BG2 if that counts. Annoyingly Steam won't let me re-name the group.

Danith
May 20, 2006
people in the steam forums are saying they are getting it unlocked.. VPN to korea I guess? I need to find one

edit: ya, it's unlocking. I used https://www.safervpn.com and chose the Hong Kong location.

yay

Danith fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Oct 13, 2014

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Yep, unlocking for me too.

Sheep fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Oct 13, 2014

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me
Be careful with this, I'm told using VPNs in this way violates Steams terms and could give them reason to perform some kind of lockout on your account. Same with unlocking region locked keys.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Skandranon posted:

Be careful with this, I'm told using VPNs in this way violates Steams terms and could give them reason to perform some kind of lockout on your account. Same with unlocking region locked keys.

I've used VPN to unlock Farcry 3 and some other game just fine multiple days early with no repercussions.

Sipher
Jan 14, 2008
Cryptic
Does multiplayer work if you unlock it early?

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

Skandranon posted:

Tons of goons used VPN to unlock Skyrim early, in fact, that's the first time I did so for a game and it was super easy. I'm pretty sure Steam doesn't give a poo poo.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

:torgue: unlocking as I type this :torgue:

I'm guessing I'll need to put Steam into offline mode to make sure it doesn't relock once I've disconnected from the VPN?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Sipher posted:

Does multiplayer work if you unlock it early?

No. In fact, you'll want to go offline with Steam entirely, since it'll relock the instant it figures out you're not on a VPN anymore.

Sipher
Jan 14, 2008
Cryptic
Ah, bummer, thanks. Was hoping to play with a friend this evening. If we both VPN into the same area, would that work? I could deal with some high latency for a night.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
On release of borderlands 2 me and 2 others played through it before it unlocked in europe using vpns. I do remember it being a bit tricky to get a game going but we managed it.

Rick (gibbed) said that if he has time in his currently busy schedule and if it's easy he will be making a save editor for this too.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
I'm too lazy to bother trying to unlock it. Are there any pro click illegal streams going on anywhere?!

Danith
May 20, 2006

Kaethela posted:

No. In fact, you'll want to go offline with Steam entirely, since it'll relock the instant it figures out you're not on a VPN anymore.

this seems to be untrue. I disconnected from the VPN and re-opened steam and borderlands is staying unlocked and it let me open it and play it

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Harrower posted:

I'm too lazy to bother trying to unlock it. Are there any pro click illegal streams going on anywhere?!

Definitely not on Twitch, they're locked down tight these days.

VVV: Oh.

Speedball fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Oct 13, 2014

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Harrower posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Borderlands%3A%20The%20Pre-Sequel!

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
They actually bothered to put the hyphen in the name :rip: my search skills.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Harrower posted:

They actually bothered to put the hyphen in the name :rip: my search skills.

If you just start typing Borderlands in the search bar it should bring up the pre-sequel and the other borderlands games as categories.

immortal flow
Jun 6, 2003
boing boing boing

Harrower posted:

It takes literally 1 minute of effort and 10 minutes of waiting. So lazy..... O_O

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Anyone got saves for borderlands 1 and 2 available? I don't want to download the games just to grab saves from the cloud and you apparently get skins and stuff for them.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Borderlands 2 Saves.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Jusupov posted:

Anyone got saves for borderlands 1 and 2 available? I don't want to download the games just to grab saves from the cloud and you apparently get skins and stuff for them.

Speaking of this, does anyone know where the saves need to be? That is, do you need to copy them into the Pre Sequel directory somewhere or is it fine being in the normal save folder?

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

immortal flow posted:

It takes literally 1 minute of effort and 10 minutes of waiting. So lazy..... O_O

I am a pioneer in lazy. Also I'd rather not risk my account if they get pissy about it.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Genocyber posted:

Speaking of this, does anyone know where the saves need to be? That is, do you need to copy them into the Pre Sequel directory somewhere or is it fine being in the normal save folder?

If it's anything like the BL2 bonus ones, just in the normal save folder should be fine.

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

Jusupov posted:

I don't even have the first Borderlands installed on this computer and it got both my saves from BL1 and BL2.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Did they alter Clappy's hands so part of his flippers can bend like a trigger finger?

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Wow the Deadlift fight is just really unfun.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Played about an hour and it's decent? More Borderlands, on the moon. So far the best moments have been in large open arenas where the jump pads and oz-assisted movement / buttstomps come properly into play.

For those who were worried about oz-management being a pain, it really isn't. Air geysers are everywhere and most enemies drop an oz cylinder on death. The game also smartly forces you to go without air in an early sequence to show you that running out isn't a major issue - all that happens is your health drains slowly and the screen darkens a bit.

Kuso Meriken
Jun 30, 2007

Party Boat posted:

Played about an hour and it's decent? More Borderlands, on the moon. So far the best moments have been in large open arenas where the jump pads and oz-assisted movement / buttstomps come properly into play.

For those who were worried about oz-management being a pain, it really isn't. Air geysers are everywhere and most enemies drop an oz cylinder on death. The game also smartly forces you to go without air in an early sequence to show you that running out isn't a major issue - all that happens is your health drains slowly and the screen darkens a bit.

That makes me question then what makes the penalty mechanic worth having? I understand that living beings need oxygen to breath but it seems silly then to make losing it all a penalty. Why not just make it jet fuel to power your boost and butt stomps?

I hope the movement options make it to future Borderlands as well. Though I'm not a huge fan of how Destiny turned out the way jumps and movement work in that game were cool and it seems like the Pre-Sequel takes that to another level.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me
I haven't seen anyone else post this, but I redeemed my Nuuvem code without any issue. Didn't even need to use a VPN to Brazil to do it.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Kuso Meriken posted:

That makes me question then what makes the penalty mechanic worth having? I understand that living beings need oxygen to breath but it seems silly then to make losing it all a penalty. Why not just make it jet fuel to power your boost and butt stomps?

I hope the movement options make it to future Borderlands as well. Though I'm not a huge fan of how Destiny turned out the way jumps and movement work in that game were cool and it seems like the Pre-Sequel takes that to another level.

Well the penalty Mechanic isn't really a penalty (to you), but you can use it against enemies.

Played an hour and a half, game owns. Deadlift fight was kinda rubbish til I swapped guns and took him down way faster.

Can't wait to get some co-op going when I can unlock it properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Dangit my pre-load messed up and I have to redownload. :emo:

• Locked thread