Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.

some texas redneck posted:

gently caress NOPE. Don't want Ebola.

I can't tell you how many people I work with are freaked out about ebola.

I work in veterinary medicine, though we ARE in Dallas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 226 days!)

rear end in a top hat casserole posted:

I work in veterinary medicine, though we ARE in Dallas.

STR can get a bit catty. V:v:V

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.

Viggen posted:

STR can get a bit catty. V:v:V

I was kinda scared when his cat got sick that he'd come to my ER. That cat sounded like a bit of a handful, and I'm the one they call for angry cats. :gonk:

(no offense, str)

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Partially blame the weather. Also look at your thyroid, just to be sure.

I have a checkup soon so I will ask my doctor about it. Hypothyroidism runs in my family.

STR, hope things are going better for you. One day at a time, dude.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

So my weekend is consumed with that pizza I ate Friday night. The ring of fire is my rear end in a top hat right now. In other news, I did a 500 mile roundtrip yesterday with my parents in their '00 Park Avenue. I had forgotten how great the seats and ride are in that thing. 3800 Supercharged V/6 got 32 mpg at a steady 75 and had gobs of passing power. They're closing in on 200k with it and the seats look like new (the leather looks like it came from an elephant's nutsack). It's a shame how junky the rest of the interior bits are (though well put together).

Thinking about moving them to a Lucerne when this one kicks the bucket.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Oh god. They gave me zofran, AND fed me.

... Then put these annoying inflating things on my legs.

InitialDave posted:

No wanking while connected to the monitors.

:quagmire:

rear end in a top hat casserole posted:

I was kinda scared when his cat got sick that he'd come to my ER. That cat sounded like a bit of a handful, and I'm the one they call for angry cats. :gonk:

(no offense, str)

None taken. He was poorly socialized when I got him, and it took him months to trust new people. Anytime he got out of his comfort zone, he'd flip his poo poo completely.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

House shopping today, found this...thing in one of the garages. The house also had an old person electric stair chair thing, go figure

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

some texas redneck posted:

Alcohol withdrawal with a side of flu. :smith:

Sounds to me like the only prescription you need is a fifth of the cheapest rotgut money can buy

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I dunno, the Ativan and librium cocktail I have right now feels OK.

Can't remember poo poo on it though.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

NitroSpazzz posted:

Next weekend Road America!

What's going on at Road America? I'm like an hour from there, but I'll be racing at Daytona this weekend :v:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

T-Square posted:

What's going on at Road America? I'm like an hour from there, but I'll be racing at Daytona this weekend :v:

Chump Car race, 7 hours each day.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

goatse guy posted:

I have a checkup soon so I will ask my doctor about it. Hypothyroidism runs in my family.

Could also be hyperthyroidism. All I can really think is thyroid or serotonin related.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
I've been getting my rear end kicked by allergies the last week or two too. It didn't help that I went over to a friend's house last night and cuddled with his cat. Strange animals always make my allergies flare up, but I cannot resist the allure of cats.

Torn Quad Jones
Nov 2, 2011

goatse guy posted:

I've been getting my rear end kicked by allergies the last week or two too. It didn't help that I went over to a friend's house last night and cuddled with his cat. Strange animals always make my allergies flare up, but I cannot resist the allure of cats.

As a person who is severely allergic to cats I too cannot resist the allure they are just too cuddly!!!

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Benadryl is your friend

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

mariooncrack posted:

Benadryl is your friend

Maybe for you, it is. I take Benadryl and I'm useless for the entire day. Well, more useless than usual.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I use Advil Cold and Sinus.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Dental Dams 2.0!

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.

Phone posted:

Dental Dams 2.0!

Wrong kind of p... wait nevermind.

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
Been having raccoon problems so I put traps out to catch them. Caught this neighborhood stray last night.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

iForge posted:

Been having raccoon problems so I put traps out to catch them. Caught this neighborhood stray last night.

Daw, feed it and let it go.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 226 days!)

iForge posted:

:eng101: That is the wrong bait, unless the raccoon is rabid.

v- Sorry to hear about your lovely Monday, brah. :(

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Oct 13, 2014

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Found out I have Crohn's disease today, yay for me!

On the bright side, at least the colonoscopy wasn't for nothing :unsmith:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

leica posted:

Welcome to hell.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

leica posted:

What are your symptoms like because I have been having some GI tract issues for about a year now and I thought I was lactose intolerant but I cut all the dairy out and my stomach is still hosed

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

cursedshitbox posted:

Welcome to hell.

Judging by the recent diagnosis, he's probably been here for awhile.

On a related note, lunch may have been a mistake. We'll give it 20 minutes and see what flys out of my rear end and runs down the wall.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

rscott posted:

What are your symptoms like because I have been having some GI tract issues for about a year now and I thought I was lactose intolerant but I cut all the dairy out and my stomach is still hosed

Abdominal pain is the main problem for me, but recently loss of appetite and no energy to the point of getting dizzy has been a problem too, I had to go to the ER because I thought I was going to pass out at one point.

This has been over a year of the VA trying to figure out what the gently caress is wrong with me, so I guess I'm kind of relieved I have a real diagnosis now since they were starting to lean towards me having psychosomatic problems and had me seeing a psychiatrist before I even got the loving colonoscopy.

The VA sucks.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

October chat thread: we are all sick

I had a missed call and message from my Dr today to call him back. Saw him last Thursday and had a blood test. I'm on the NHS in the UK so if they can get the results back and the Dr himself to ring me within 2 working days it concerns me (especially when he only originally told me to come back in 2 weeks only if it kept up)

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
How much booze do you have to drink on a daily basis to get withdrawals?

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

BraveUlysses posted:

How much booze do you have to drink on a daily basis to get withdrawals?

I used to average a bottle of wine, two to four beers, and several mixed drinks or something equivalent of that in a night. I didn't have the kind of sickness with withdrawals that STR had, but I had trouble sleeping for a while and lots of boredom and general listlessness. I had much more trouble with the emotional symptons than the physical ones.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

goatse guy posted:

I used to average a bottle of wine, two to four beers, and several mixed drinks or something equivalent of that in a night.

:monocle:

Sweet baby jesus.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Just had a family member buy a mower off someone and got told I needed to fix it and that "The person I bought it from said it only needs a spark plug!". I had a sneaking suspicion that just from the condition it was in, the problem wasn't just a bad spark plug. Said gently caress it, swapped a new spark plug into it just for fun. Guess which one of us was right and now gets to make the piece of junk work with a budget of $0? :haw:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Anybody know what the best way of finding lost music is? For some reason I have 20gb of music hiding somewhere on my mac.

I suspect that I somehow didn't hit move to trash after deleting a bunch of music from iTunes but that doesn't seem like something that I would do

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

meatpimp posted:

:monocle:

Sweet baby jesus.

It took a lot of meetings, cutting ties with enablers, therapy, and eradication of stressors to get to where I'm at now. Life has dealt me a lovely hand and liquor has been my coping mechanism.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

goatse guy posted:

It took a lot of meetings, cutting ties with enablers, therapy, and eradication of stressors to get to where I'm at now. Life has dealt me a lovely hand and liquor has been my coping mechanism.

I thought I was on my way to alcoholism with 2-4 beers most evenings... then I was in a camping situation with no alcohol at all and was kinda disappointed that I had no desire for booze... but that takes it to a level far past my binge-iest.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Tusen Takk posted:

Anybody know what the best way of finding lost music is? For some reason I have 20gb of music hiding somewhere on my mac.

I suspect that I somehow didn't hit move to trash after deleting a bunch of music from iTunes but that doesn't seem like something that I would do

Use Disk Inventory X to try and find the biggest files in a nice way, but otherwise I'd try and rig something up from the command line with the find command (or even use Spotlight, if you're willing to delve into its odd syntax).

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Use Disk Inventory X to try and find the biggest files in a nice way, but otherwise I'd try and rig something up from the command line with the find command (or even use Spotlight, if you're willing to delve into its odd syntax).

On that note, is there a way to search an iphone 5 for any residual files after a reset? I bought one used and would creep if it was possible. :wink: bucephalus

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Just popping in to say holy gently caress I'm broke.

Paying the fence people $2600 to repair and replace my remnants of a fence pretty much took what little money i had. Also everybody being sick all week and needing medicines, and my $85 diagnosis only to tell me I need to spend a lot more money to make my BMW winter-able.

I still need to buy a mattress for my son's big boy bed and that'll be money I don't have.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

CommieGIR posted:

Daw, feed it and let it go.

Fix it first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

nm posted:

Fix it first.

Well, that too.